Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

+7
Brony 7 of 9
Fury of the Tempest
Demonu
Lyntermas
Ramsus
A1C Bronymous
Xel Unknown
11 posters

Page 7 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 37  Next

Go down

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC) - Page 7 Empty Re: Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:37 pm

Ramsus, looks like its unanimous. Ready to start?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC) - Page 7 Empty Re: Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

Post  Demonu Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:38 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:
Demonu wrote:Thri-Kreen male named Thriss Nantuko.
"Nantuko" Really dude, really? Laughing
Like anything else is going to sound good on a bipedal praying mantis humanoid...
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:39 pm

Fair enought, fair enough...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:40 pm

Ramsus wrote: and me figuring out a few more things.

lol, impatient are we? I was joking, he's not ready yet.

Also, Based on the geography of the map, I think you got Inochidzuna and Zuna mixed up. Unless you want Zuna to divide into Inochidzuna And Inochi, but that makes little sense.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:41 pm

I'm not starting without someone's backstory and such. It might not be essential to your part in this but, it is for mine. And I'm just not ready yet. Fury, you just finished and as far as I'm concerned I still need more info on your backstory (and you know what specially I'm asking for) before long, and I would very much prefer that info before we start. So, I'm afraid you're all going to have to be a little more patient.

Edit: Bronymous, that's the way the water flows and based on when they were named.
Edit 2: Ok, actually just fixing it after a conversation with Bronymous that was summed up as "wtf Ramsus why you not know geographies" and my reply is "american schooling?".

Last edited by Ramsus on Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:44 pm

Ok, fine I can wait. Just if there was an opening to get into the funtimes I thought I'd just give it my suport. But hey, your the DM, your word is LAW! So you want us to wait, we'll just have to wait.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:47 pm

Take your time, Ramsus. You're making this world, and I look forward to seeing what you'll do with it.

Bronymous wrote: I'm ready to roll, let's do this. Start>New Game>Difficulty: Stupid Mode>Cheats Enabled.

Smart Mode: Play as humans, elfs, and dwarves in a lush greenland where friends are friends and enemies are enemies.
Stupid Mode: Play as monsters in a harsh desert, where honor often clashes with steel, and things are not always as they seem.
Ridonkulous Mode: Play as halflings in hell, where everything is out to kill, steal from, rape, trick,or devour you. Even the angels.

Cheats: standardingredients: Characters start with large amounts of saltpeter, sulfur, and charcoal.
friendindeed: Party starts with one guaranteed ally who's not trying to screw us over.
letthemeatcake: Noble class is decadent and lazy, easier to overthrow.

Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:53 pm

Lyntermas wrote:Take your time, Ramsus. You're making this world, and I look forward to seeing what you'll do with it.

Bronymous wrote: I'm ready to roll, let's do this. Start>New Game>Difficulty: Stupid Mode>Cheats Enabled.

Smart Mode: Play as humans, elfs, and dwarves in a lush greenland where friends are friends and enemies are enemies.
Stupid Mode: Play as monsters in a harsh desert, where honor often clashes with steel, and things are not always as they seem.
Ridonkulous Mode: Play as halflings in hell, where everything is out to kill, steal from, rape, trick,or devour you. Even the angels.

Cheats: standardingredients: Characters start with large amounts of saltpeter, sulfur, and charcoal.
friendindeed: Party starts with one guaranteed ally who's not trying to screw us over.
letthemeatcake: Noble class is decadent and lazy, easier to overthrow.

After reading this post... I think two things... One: I don't think "letthemeatcake" is on here... But I could be wrong. Two: Can we change our Difficulty to Ridonkulous? That one sounds fun! XD
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:17 pm

I'll say that those are the cheats we're NOT going to use. As for the cheats we will use....

monsterking: Monsters are greater races, humans and friends are lesser races (normally it's switched on Stupid Mode)
clevergirl: Raptors are available as mounts
brokenglassceiling: Players can potentially rise to another caste
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:35 pm

Oh yes... Thanks for reminding me about that... Now I wanta shrink a Raptor and give it the Power of Flight to have even my little Pixie riding one into battle! XD
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:47 pm

You realize raptors come in all sizes right? Someone's pet raptor would be just the right size for you. And there probably are versions with wings (if that's not a real thing (I haven't kept up on my dinosaur knowledge since I was a kid), just thank wizards (magically mutating every life form you see since....ever)).
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:49 pm

Ramsus wrote:You realize raptors come in all sizes right? Someone's pet raptor would be just the right size for you. And there probably are versions with wings (if that's not a real thing (I haven't kept up on my dinosaur knowledge since I was a kid), just thank wizards (magically mutating every life form you see since....ever)).
*eyes go wide* *Grin forms*

Now to only get an In Character reason for my Pixie to want one...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:50 pm

Bitch Please, I can BE a raptor. Made of ICE.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:04 pm

Updated character sheet. Details may vary over the course of the campaign.

Thriss Nantuko

Thri-Kreen alchemist/artificer

Abilities:
Strenght 11
Constitution 14 (modifier = +2)
Dexterity 12 (modifier = +1)
Intelligence 16 (modifier = +3)
Wisdom 14 (modifier = +2)
Charisma 14 (modifier = +2)

Skills: Arcana(Int), Diplomacy(Cha), Dungeoneering(Wis), History(Int), Perception(Int), Religion(Int)

Professions:
- antique/artifact dealer

Hobby:
- alchemist
- tinkering, creating mechanical and magical items/constructs (~summoning)

Thriss Nantuko was born into a prominent Thri-Kreen nomadic society that roamed the land from place to place. But even at a young age, it became apparent that Thriss was everything a Thri-Kreen isn't. He has virtually no talent for the Thri-Kreen's signature weapons, the gythka and chatkcha, he disliked always being on the move and he tried to associate with non-Thri-Kreen races when possible. But worst of all, he lacked the hive mentality that made the Thri-Kreen so formidable in group. Due to this, it wasn't before long that Thriss was abandoned by the Thri-Kreen on one of their rare stops near a major city*. Though if anyone were to ask him about his past, he would tell you he ran away to make his own luck. But at the time, he was alone, hungry and in a strange city he knew nothing about. After wandering around for a couple of days, Thriss collapsed from sheer exhaustion when he tried to steal a small statue from an antique shop. The owner of said shop** should have turned him over to the proper authorities but instead, he did something no one ever had done to Thriss: he took pity on him. After nursing him back to health in the living quarters above the shop, the shop keeper offered Thriss a choice: he could either venture back out and make his own fortune or he could stay here to aid in the shop and become his apprentice. Down on his luck with nowhere else to go, Thriss became an apprentice and underwent the subtle training in the ways of artifice. His progress was unseen, due to his race's characteristic ability not needing sleep. Working in the store by day and studying by night, Thriss soon became an artificer on par with his mentor and even started to succeed him in some areas. It was his unquenchable thirst for knowledge that drove him into the field of alchemy, trying to integrate artifice and alchemy into one and the study of history and religion to learn more about the relics of the past. This interest was piqued when the shop keeper told him that the small statue he tried to steal years ago was actually an old relic from ages past, one that was supposed to bestow great luck on its owner.

"And apparently, it worked." The shop keeper smiled at Thriss, who was unsure wether he meant himself or Thriss.

Nevertheless, the years passed and the shop keeper, weary by old age and work, eventually retired and turned the shop over to Thriss. A fully realized artificer in his own right, Thriss now befell the task of maintaining the shop.*** Over the years, he had broadened the shop's function from antique dealings to magic items and (basic) alchemy related issues. Still, in some dark corner of his person, the nomadic lifestyle of his race still lurked and combined with the knowledge and learnings Thriss had accumulated of the years, made him long for the opportunity to venture out into the world and search for powerful artifacts of yore.

*The city where we're starting in.

**The shop keeper is an NPC so he's pretty much turned over to the DM. You can do with it what you want. Gender, race, age, etc. Just make sure it still fits the above writing.
His name is Uncle Istvan.

***Out of respect for his mentor, Thriss kept the original name of the shop: "Uncle Istvan's Antique Dealings".

Last edited by Demonu on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:12 pm

Wow, I think Cytra's going to like your character all the more now...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:24 pm

This is a good party setup. If Kris was here she'd have us paired up for shipfics already.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:24 pm

As a note, there are plenty of Thri-Kreen in the cities that aren't attached to the old nomad ways. Though there are still plenty like that out there too.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:20 pm

Ok, game started, try and not go a million different directions guys (coordinating and discussing options and ideas OOC in this case is fine).
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:36 pm

Ok then... What plot hook of the many that I totally see in the first post should we all try to go for first? My vote's for helping the guy with the missing dauther.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:49 am

You mean, the ONLY plot hook in that post? Party convergence in progress. I'm sure we'll figure out what happens after that.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:50 am

Really that's the only plot hook you see? Cause Ramsus claimed to me that there are many other plot hooks in that opening post...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:54 am

Xel Unknown wrote:Really that's the only plot hook you see? Cause Ramsus claimed to me that there are many other plot hooks in that opening post...
- Man with missing daughter

- People yelling for adventurers to join them

- Martial arts tournaments

- The daiymo, seeing how he's mentioned

- thieves, children, half-trained pet raptors running rampant

- hundred other distractions and activities

Missed anything?
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:56 am

Well the people yelling for adventurers is two different groups.

And...yes, you did.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:57 am

Ramsus wrote:Well the people yelling for adventurers is two different groups.

And...yes, you did.
Don't care. Welcome to the DM's time honored tradition: having everything you say ignored by the players who proceed to go about their own way.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:58 am

You might've put too many plot points for an opening post... So what is flavor for the setting of the sene, might be mixed in with the plot-hooks?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 37  Next