Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

+7
Brony 7 of 9
Fury of the Tempest
Demonu
Lyntermas
Ramsus
A1C Bronymous
Xel Unknown
11 posters

Page 15 of 37 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26 ... 37  Next

Go down

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC) - Page 15 Empty Re: Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

Post  Ramsus Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:40 pm

Yeah, don't have to roll for Forceful Push.

My policy on dailies is that I'm not really treating combat stuff as at-wills or encounters or daily's separately with one being stronger than the other. If you describe something as particularly strong or in a way that sounds particularly strong, then I'll take into consideration how much of that you've done that day/combat and factor that into things.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC) - Page 15 Empty Re: Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

Post  Lyntermas Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:44 pm

So, just for clarification, a skill challenge might go something like:

Skaimos-tries to pierce Li's mental defenses to slow him down - Roll Arcana
Tordek - throws an empty bottle at Li's head - Roll Athletics
Cyrta - convinces friends to go to a certain corner of garden, group will run into Li - Roll Diplomacy

Then you tally successes and failures, then we go again (with different skills). Is that correct?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:22 am

Yeah, that's about right.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:46 am

Xel, 7/9, I'd like a response from both of you if you're planning on joining in on the skill challenge at this time. If not, I'd appreciate advance warning if you're thinking about it for future rounds.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:53 am

I'm not going to... I think my pixie failed her spot check.

But really, I'm just not sure how to do post anything to help with.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:33 am

It wouldn't be a good idea to join the skill challenge right now. Tordek would be out 20 gold and attract another guard, making escape that much harder.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:37 pm

Looks like I'm soloing for the moment. That's cool, I've got a few ideas.

Like SPAMMING ARCANA LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW a variety of different ways to use the crowd to my advantage.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:23 pm

Ramsus wrote:Xel, 7/9, I'd like a response from both of you if you're planning on joining in on the skill challenge at this time. If not, I'd appreciate advance warning if you're thinking about it for future rounds.
Alright, so as soon as the drunk guard gets up Tordek's going to move. Can he do that this round, or should he wait until the next one?
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:25 pm

You can do that this round if you want to pre-empt him. Which would make sense since you're less drunk than he is.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:37 pm

It occurs to me I forgot to remind you guys about the assisting mechanic. Where one person in a row can have their roll give a +2 bonus to the next person if they get a success and otherwise not count if they fail. Though, you do have to provide some logic on how that's helping.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:42 pm

If Cyrta and her group were to be ran past, she'd try to bluff the guards that he want the other way... Then politely leave the Drow explaining that the young Trin-Kreen was kidnapped and she was tasked to help free said child. Or would explain later what's going on to the Drow if telling them outright this second would be a dumb move.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:02 pm

Would you like to make a Wisdom check for if telling the Drow would be dumb?

Edit: Assuming you mean one of the guards that isn't one of the ones with a name, then that'd be a good aid roll idea.

Last edited by Ramsus on Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:05 pm

Naa... I'll forgo that. She'll just say she'll explain later to her friends and say she's sorry she must leave at that second.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:36 pm

You guys need some help? Because I totally have an idea of how to help. It just requires me to not be carried off by one of the guards beforehand.

Oh, wait.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:43 pm

Ramsus wrote:Would you like to make a Wisdom check for if telling the Drow would be dumb?

Edit: Assuming you mean one of the guards that isn't one of the ones with a name, then that'd be a good aid roll idea.
Mmm... I'm not sure really. But I'll go with your idea cause I think she'd think to do that.

And yeah, like I said before, she's not going to explain what's going on to the Drow, just say she'll explain later and is sorry that she has to leave now... Then tries to do her invisibility skill.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:00 pm

Lyntermas wrote:Any tips on how to appease the Random Number God?

You could try doing something neat like writing one of your backstory tales or such. Can't say if it'd appease the RNG but, it might work as bribery for the GM. king
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:42 am

Ramsus wrote: You could try doing something neat like writing one of your backstory tales or such. Can't say if it'd appease the RNG but, it might work as bribery for the GM. king

Backstory works as bribes? Oh, I'm all over that.

*Ahem.*

The Terai family's rise to prominence was actually a relatively recent development (at least, compared to family lines that went back for many, MANY generations). Being human, the members of the Terai family were merchants, with no hope of gaining any major prosperity. The fact that they were one of the lesser races was not a point in their favor, but they were generally known for their honesty and dependability. In short, they got by.

This all changed with Elkas Terai, Skaimos' grandfather. He was the only child of his family, and was expected to carry on the family business. However, instead of maintaining the slow, but steady business relationships that were the tradition of the Terais, Elakas wanted more. He was looking for a way to make money fast. Eventually, he found it: a Changling and a Drow saying that they represented the Rekcus Mining Company. They had supposedly found a mine of adamantine (they had a piece of ore to prove it), but they needed some start-up capital for to start production (equipment, securing land rights, security, etc.) They were offering to add Elkas as a partner to their operation, and if it took off, it would make him a very wealthy man. Seizing this opportunity, Elakas gathered up all the wealth he could, and gave it to the two, assured that he would be part of a company that would change the desert and elevate the Terai family name into greatness (well, greatness for a human, anyway).

It was a scam. The Changling and Drow were caught and executed several months later for multiple counts of fraud, but the money was never recovered. Upon hearing the news, Elakas was devastated. He had wasted his family's wealth, and there was no way to get it back. His old contacts had abandoned him, believing that any credit given to him would be a "wasted investment." In despair, he was last seen walking out of Kabikyo alone, with a single canteen at his side, heading aimlessly out into the desert sands.

Five years passed, until one day Elakas came back into town. He had fine clothes, several letters, a raptor-drawn cart full of gold, and a small tiefling child, Kairos Terai. The letters were addressed to several prominent merchants who "happened" to be in town that day, although the exact contents and author of the letters is unknown. What was known was that in a matter of months, the Terais were back in business, having gained lucrative contracts with merchants spanning the northwest of Chiheisen. When Kairos came of age, he went out travelling for a few years, and came back having set up his own business deals. The father and son "merged" their assets, and so Kairos became the head of the household.

Skaimos had heard this tale many times in his youth. He was shown the flier for the execution of the Changeling and Drow, and his father sometimes used the original cart (charmed so that it could only be unloaded by a member of the Terai bloodline). However, he was never quite told what happened during those five years that his grandfather had disappeared. All that he had gleaned was that he was Elakas' biological descendant, and that he had spent his time "somewhere that's not on any maps." Kairos had promised to tell Skaimos the truth once he got back from his "trip". He would only give a piece of advice.

"Don't go seeking deals with infernals, beware of infernals who seek you out, and for the gods' sake, don't sleep with any of them. Let's just say that some of them like to...keep it in the family."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:05 am

Dammit, now I have to come up with a competing story again. I don't even have a good one for Alma.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:05 am

Oh man! I can have all sorts of fun with that. Just like with devils, you may find the cost of deals made with the GM higher than you anticipated.

I'll tell you what you get/got after this series of rolls. I'll try to make it something actually useful and not "that could have been useful".
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:37 am

Ok, Lynt, go ahead and re-roll that. Hopefully you'll have better luck this time.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:24 am

Ramsus wrote:Oh man! I can have all sorts of fun with that. Just like with devils, you may find the cost of deals made with the GM higher than you anticipated.

...Uh oh. Well, it was part of his backstory anyway, it's just that you now know about it sooner rather than later.

Oh, and just to clarify, the red text that he used in the last post is more of a "lost his temper" thing, not a "Jekyll and Hyde" thing.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:10 pm

Lyntermas wrote:
Ramsus wrote:Oh man! I can have all sorts of fun with that. Just like with devils, you may find the cost of deals made with the GM higher than you anticipated.

...Uh oh. Well, it was part of his backstory anyway, it's just that you now know about it sooner rather than later.

Oh, and just to clarify, the red text that he used in the last post is more of a "lost his temper" thing, not a "Jekyll and Hyde" thing.
As far as you know. *cackles madly* jocolor
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:18 pm

Ok, situation with Alma resolved behind the scenes. Do the rest of you guys want to just fast travel down to the alley or do you actually want to RP a bit/do stuff on your way there?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:21 pm

I'm fine with either option.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:26 pm

You don't have to all pick the same option. Just tell me what you personally want to do.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 37 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26 ... 37  Next