Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

+7
Brony 7 of 9
Fury of the Tempest
Demonu
Lyntermas
Ramsus
A1C Bronymous
Xel Unknown
11 posters

Page 24 of 37 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30 ... 37  Next

Go down

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC) - Page 24 Empty Re: Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

Post  Lyntermas Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:54 pm

And thus I pay the price for skimming. I missed the "Possibly to her delight" part, and thought that the barbarian was biting Tethe's spear after he dodged it (an interrupt attack or something). I need to read this stuff more carefully.

But now I have a CUNNING PLAN (if the Genasi is still alive by my next turn).
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC) - Page 24 Empty Re: Playing In The Sandbox (Recruitment, Info, And OOC)

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:17 pm

3d6 damage is coming on my next turn for what's left standing...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:59 pm

Hang on, I think the turn order got screwed up. I went, and Skaimos was allowed an extra move on my turn, but then it should have been an asortment of enemies (whoever was left), then Tordek, then Skaimos, then Cyrta, right?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:01 pm

Yes, you're right. Xel confused me with him saying he got to go.... *sigh* Well, in that case it's Tordek then Skaimos and Cyrta's turn gets skipped.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:02 pm

OH Extra Turns, they mess EVERYTHING up so easily with Play By Post...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:05 pm

Alright. Also keep in mind, if we're still fighting by the time it comes around to me again, I have moved up one place in the turn order (before the Sand mage, I think, unless you're keeping the dead/defeated/ko'd enemies in the order).
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:08 pm

Yeah, I'm sorry I messed everything up talking about how I figured that everything was going to die after the Pixie's next turn, and worded it bad enough to confuse the GM.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:09 pm

Yes, Alma is before the mage now and no I'm not keeping the dead/koed in the turn order (I would if one of you got koed or the enemies could heal though).

Also since we're bringing up things that were messed up in this fight. Conjurations no matter when they're summoned apparently still act right after their caster. Also status effects don't effect Specials (so both Blind and Meditate shouldn't have had any effect on Derpy's Lightning).

It actually took a bit to figure those things out though.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:20 pm

Learning Experience. Eventually someone will figure out a way of making combat run more effectively in PBP's.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:17 pm

After the battle showed me what Tordek is probably going to be doing for a lot of combat, I traded out Against the Odds and Meditate for Demand Duel and Frenzy.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:19 pm

You realize Frenzy says creature right? That includes party members.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:34 pm

I rolled a natural one on perception and didn't even see the "random" part. I replaced it with Condemn.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:01 am

???? Sorry for the confusion again I guess? Uhiya deflected a lightning bolt the mage she was killing had throw at her, not someone was throwing a lightning bolt. The other bolt mentioned was just y'know a bolt. From a crossbow.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:13 am

I suppose I should mention how out of combat hitpoint healing shall work in this game.

So I figure you'll make a Heal check and for ever multiple of 5 the user gets, it will heal the target 1 HP. Additionally this will effect how long it takes the target to heal back up to full. Let's try out the default as 12 hours and ever multiple of 5 reduces that by an hour (with a minimum of an hour outside of Expert Skill Criticals (or whatever the dang term if for LL) and a nat 20 giving a bonus hour off, though still minimum an hour).

Also of note, I figure monster knowledge is your highest of Streetwise (since it's doubling as Survival) or History. (Though more often than not I'll be rolling this for you guys the moment you see something and telling you any information you got as a result rather than slowing things down/tipping my hand by making you guys roll.)
Edit: Except sometimes it'll be Arcana instead.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:16 am

I was very tempted to make this post IC: "Cyrta continues to bleed some more from her untreated wounds."
But seriously, she's actively bleeding, quite a bit considering how large bolts are compared to her.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:18 am

Yeah, I've not yet had her talk about it in character myself cause it didn't feel right for her to ask to be mended... That just feels out of character for her to ask.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:38 am

I'm sure she'll be fine.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:54 am

Uh...... for certain definitions of fine.....
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:48 am

Certain, blatantly lying, definitions of "fine".
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:51 pm

Gee, if only you had someone who was good at healing in the party......
Note: Alma, Cyrta, and Skaimos all have a 9 in Heal.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:34 pm

Well, I was getting to that, but I've been busy.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:42 am

Bronymous, you probably want to make rolls in the future to see if you know of organizations or such instead of just declaring things one way or another.
Edit: Not that it was hugely important in this case. Just fair warning that it's not always gonna be obvious when that kinda information would be important.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:54 am

I had considered that, after I posted it. It was easier to just go with "she couldn't tell", though.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:13 am

Hmmm, slowed down again. I can't imagine this is a "got nothing to say/do" situation as you guys are basically in the middle of a conversation immediately post-combat.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:13 pm

Xel.... what?

If you guys don't actually know stuff and think your characters might, this is what rolling History of Streetwise/Survival or Arcana are for. If you just randomly make up answers, please don't expect those answers to be correct.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 37 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30 ... 37  Next