Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge (Part 4)

+2
A1C Bronymous
Ramsus
6 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge (Part 4) - Page 28 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge (Part 4)

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:06 pm

"Fuck you, drake." Horizon repeats. He grabs the shaman by the collar, glaring at him. His eye that isn't bruised and swollen is a dull grey instead of white, and a single trail of blood drops from its socket. "Not that I care much for the child's toys, but where is my hat?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:08 pm

"The child? Oh, you're still the demon thing. I had hoped the real Horizon would have been the one to "wake up"." Rolf started looking through the supplies. "We were opening up the boxes to see what was worth keeping or not, and I think we found some of your stuff near the top of one of them, so we put aside. Let's have a look."

Rolling Perception...3 (1d20) + 7 + 3 (Sharp Eyes) = 13.

While he was searching, Rolf called out toward the top of the wall. "Hello? This is Rolf Towden and company. Some of us are in need of medical assistance, if it can be spared. Would you let us enter?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:33 pm

Rolf's fairly certain he saw both the kukri and the mask being stored amongst the crates they're hauling, but he's having trouble finding it. It's might have been stacked at the bottom of one...

The paladin nods and stands aside to let the party in.

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:17 pm

Jeraylia thanks the guard and proceeds to ask, "Might you have any medical facilities, or temporary quarters for them in this time of emergency? Some of our group could use a patch up."
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:19 pm

The group are lead into the temple, to one of the priests they've encountered earlier during their temple hijinks, who appears to be working to heal a number of wounded refugees.

"Oh, we didn't expect you again, not at this hour. What brings you over in the dead of night? Oh my, are you ok, sir?", he asks Rolf, observing his 'foreign object'.

Horizon, roll endurance or arcana.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:03 pm

"Oh joy, the church again. I think I'll just stay here on the plank." Horizon does not move, continuing to lay on the makeshift cart, as he's pulled into the church. "Get your friend murdered by zealots," he growls just above a whisper, "what a fantastic group you are."

Endurance: 7+12+5(fk religion)=24
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:52 pm

Bronymous wrote:"Oh joy, the church again. I think I'll just stay here on the plank." Horizon does not move, continuing to lay on the makeshift cart, as he's pulled into the church. "Get your friend murdered by zealots," he growls just above a whisper, "what a fantastic group you are."

"Assuming the wards didn't affect you before, you'll be fine as long as you keep your mouth shut. Or perhaps you can look through the boxes for your own stuff," Rolf whispered back.
Zarhon wrote:The group are lead into the temple, to one of the priests they've encountered earlier during their temple hijinks, who appears to be working to heal a number of wounded refugees.

"Oh, we didn't expect you again, not at this hour. What brings you over in the dead of night? Oh my, are you ok, sir?", he asks Rolf, observing his 'foreign object'.

"Just some late night heroing, you know how it is. We came across this goblin and kobold who had been captured by the cultists. They're currently stable, but needed a little assistance getting here safely. As for me," Rolf winced as he looked down at the stake. "I ran afoul of one of Zilean's more explosive items. Zthulan helped stop the bleeding, but there's a good chance it's gotten infected, and I felt it best to get this looked over by professionals, if you have the time." Rolf tried to sound professional, but there was a certain pleading in his voice.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:46 pm

"We also have stolen some supplies from the cultists, so if you are running low of anything, do not hesitate to grab what you need from the crates..." Zthulan gives the crystal bearing box a glare. "That crate however, is off limits."
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:43 pm

The priest looks over Rolf's serious wound.

"Hmm. Doesn't look like it's festering or necrotic, and you haven't disintegrated from the wards, so an infection should be trivial to cure. The spike's in the way, though. Pretty severe to operate. Unless you're okay with excruciating pain, we may need to knock you out whilst we remove this. As for your other two, we'll make sure they're fully healed with care, just... Not to imply anything, but are they, uhm, trustworthy?"

Horizon's skin suddenly goes numb, all of his wounds and bruises ceasing their pain. Simultaneously, however, he feels a steadily uncomfortable, and soon mildly painful feeling of rising heat and pressure, all over his body, and 'concentrated' in his head.

Rolf, roll me an arcana check.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:37 pm

"Such sickening weakness. This body isn't good for anything, it seems." Horizon gets up from the litter, approaching Rolf. "Shows what you know, the glory of the Light is filling me already. Have you every even read a book? Worthless sorcerer, perfect companion for the worthless child." He grabs Rolf's shoulder, partly to support himself, partly to make sure he had a hold of him for now.

Not making this subtle in the slightest.

Last edited by Bronymous on Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:13 pm

Rolf looked over at Horizon with concern, wondering what the heck was going on.

Rolling Arcana...12 (1d20) + 14 -2(infection) = 24
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:03 pm

Rolf can sense divine magic wholly affecting Horizon, but he can't pinpoint its cause. It doesn't appear to be actually doing anything to his body, though...

Horizon feels like he's on fire - an experience that's familiar by now. It's getting difficult to breathe.

The healer-priest takes note of Horizon's outburst, and distress.
"What in the Savior's name is going on?!"
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:19 pm

Noticing Horizon's behavior and moves towards him and Rolf. "Something that might be dangerous for those who are directly in contact with our injured companion." Tensing, Zthulan gets ready to pry Horizon from Rolf if needed.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:01 pm

"...You know something? You're right." Horizon releases Rolf, and grabs the priest instead. "They get so... scared. All of them. Don't you all think it's getting a bit stuffy in here? Hard to breathe, or is that just me? What's say we take a walk." He keeps a hold of the Priest, and begins back pedaling to the door. "Someone will burn with me."

The priest then hears him whisper in a much softer voice. "Help me."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:22 pm

Gripping tightly to his spear, Zthulan continues stepping forward for every step "Horizon" goes back. "Scared? You mistake uncertainty and caution for fear, creature. Besides, I do not believe anyone will be burning. Let the priest go, and I can allow you to leave the vicinity. No one gets hurt, and you earn another day in Horizon's body." He slowly shuffles to try and move in between Horizon and the exit. Zthulan begins beseeches the spirits to aid in battle against the daemon, growling oaths and incantations.

Athletics to try and overtake Horizon's... Walking: 18 + 7 = 25
Arcana to see if I can get some spiritual help: 13 + 8 = 21
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:59 pm

"...No, I think you'll just burn all by your lonesome," Rolf muttered. While "Horizon" was distracted by Zthulan, Rolf rushed over and cast an Immovability spell on Horizon's breastplate.

Immovable - 8 uses remaining:

Rolf then tried pulling the priest away from "Horizon". "Fun fact: Horizon's body is doing just fine; this is all your problem. I'm afraid that you either need to go back to sleep or vacate the freaking premises, whatever you are."

Rolling Athletics to get the priest away from him...15 (1d20) + 6 - 2 (Infection) = 19
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:38 pm

Perception check on Horizon in place of religion: 17 (8+9perception).
Feeling out his "aura".
I'll just assume I have the stride to match Horizon.
Athletics assist for Rolf to get the priest away from him: 22 ( 14+8Athletics ).

Jeraylia's felt the hairs at her nape rise, at first in response to the way Horizon was acting, but even more when she caught the whisper of his plea. Never had she expected him to actually ask another so sincerely for aid. She reached out with her senses, and tasting the feel of a darker entity in their presence.
She hooked a hand onto Horizon's arm, her fingers closing firmly and jerking him around a little before Rolf cast immobilize on the mercenary's breastplate.
"I think maybe we've had enough bonfires tonight. Now it's time for all the good, little children to go to bed."

I'll also assume this won't go well with "Horizon". Thinking my actions would distract him while Rolf grabs the priest.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:59 pm

Horizon tries to grip the Priest more tightly as the spell his him. When he is suddenly held in place, he lets out a twisted laugh. "Let's see what worthless wizardry can play at. Time for bed, then sing me a lullaby, angel whore. Now I lay me down to Sleep, pray Pelor my soul to keep." His own demonic magic flashing as he attempts to defeat the spell, at the same time he grabs for Jeraylia, and more importantly, her weapons.

Athletics vs Rolf and/or Zthulan: 8+10-12=6 (pshhh)
Arcana to dispel the immovable spell: 11+6=17
Acrobatics? To steal Jerry's weapons, or otherwise get a hold of her as a replacement Hostage: 19+ 10=29
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:22 pm

"Dark beings such as yourself are not welcomed on this plane, daemon!" Seeing Jeraylia in danger Zthulan goes into assist her. "Rolf, prevent this parasite from escaping your magic!

Assist Jeraylia when she rolls to counter Daemon's roll: 4 + 7 = 11.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:30 pm

The situation quickly escalates, several things happening all at once.

Temporarily held still by Jeraylia, Horizon quickly finds himself suddenly unable to move, his breastplate hanging in midair by Rolf's magic, constricting him in place.

Jeraylia can feel a very sinister, foreign presence within him, that is most certainly malicious, and something else, more familiar and (by comparison) feeble.

He attempts to work demonic magic to rid his armor of the spell, but finds his concentration lacking, both by the divine magic, and the deliberate, hindering effort of an (to all but Zthulan) unseen spiritual presence that obliged to Zthulan's request for aid.

The moment of weakness is seized by both Zthulan and Rolf, who quickly pull the very distressed healer-priest out of Horizon's reach.

Roll opposing acrobatics/athletics, Jeraylia, for Horizon's attempt at grabbing you/your stuff. He has a situational penalty.

Last edited by Zarhon on Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:37 pm

Zilean's Revenge (Part 4) - Page 28 Boy-that-escalated-quickly
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:08 am

An okay roll, but Bronymous's was pretty high:
Athletic reaction: 20 (12+8 Athletics)
I'll see what happens. At the very least, will aim to secure my own weapons at the risk of getting into a hold.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:49 am

Once Rolf was sure the priest was out of "Horizon's" reach, Rolf turned back to try and pull Jeraylia away from his clutches.

Acrobatics Assist...3 (1d20) + 6 - 2 (Infection) = 7. Meh.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:57 am

Horizon grabs hold of Jeraylia with a single arm, but despite this, she manages to keep her weapons out of his grasp.

The pain from the unseen force, by this point, intensified to the point that Horizon can't properly perceive his surrounding anymore: his vision is filled with a white, eye-burning blur and his ears are painfully ringing like bells.

Surprisingly, it appears that Horizon's bruises are starting to disappear from the surface of his skin.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:50 pm

"Afraid... fear... coward... terror..." Horizon just rambles now, unable to do anything, but grip Jeraylia more and more tightly. Tears of blood pour freely from his eyes. Then, "Kill him... don't let him run, burn... use her Kukri... KILL HIM NOW!"

Get hiiiiim!
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next