Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Healer Talent Idea

3 posters

Go down

Healer Talent Idea Empty Healer Talent Idea

Post  Karilyn Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:10 pm

I like the basic idea, though I came up with two variations of the talent, both of which would have very different uses... If the ability is kept as a free action, it needs to be [-2] so it cannot be PiP neutral with Healing Salve, allowing you to move the buff every time you cast a heal. I lean towards liking the second one better.

The basic idea that I desire for this move to have, is that you realize you will have to heal a certain player several turns in a row, and thus you use this on them to get extra healing on that target. I personally prefer the second version better because it's a Free Action, so the cost of setting it up is extra PiPs for your heal, instead of an entire turn. I feel like if it takes the entire turn, you'll set it up at the start of a fight, and be greatly reduced in your strategic option to move it mid-combat if the situation is dire enough

[+1] Watched Over
Target ally receives +3 healing whenever they are healed. You can only place this on one ally at a time

[-2] Watched Over (Free Action)
Target ally receives +3 healing whenever they are healed.  You can only place this on one ally at a time

Karilyn
Karilyn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Healer Talent Idea Empty Re: Healer Talent Idea

Post  SilentBelle Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:51 pm

Would this work alongside a regeneration effect? Say if I were to give my ally regen and then toss this on them as well, would it heal them 3 more, or is regeneration considered different from healing?

I do like [-3] minor action one, more so than the [+1] one . Minor actions are generally my favourite types of moves to use, and I want more to choose from Smile
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Karilyn Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:32 pm

It was my intent that it would only work on direct healing, not regeneration effects, but I failed to consider them. I don't feel like it should work on regeneration, that feels incorrect. Maybe it could give +3 to direct healing and +1 to regeneration effects?

And I like minor actions too, they open a lot of strategic options. The only reason I included the non-Free-Action variety was one of the people in the chat was saying they wanted it to be [0] PiP, "Because there's not enough [0] moves in the game yet," though I do think it works better as a Free Action.

If it was [0] PiP, I feel like it would have to be uncomfortably high amount of healing to be desirable, akin to +5 healing, and that would just too powerful. So I went with [+1] and +3 Healing for his version of it, but he's still whining because it's not [0] even though anything over +4 healing would be overpowered. So instead of increasing the healing for the non-Free-Action version, I just gave it an extra PiP.
Karilyn
Karilyn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Flutterknight Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:20 pm

Have you considered possibly having two versions? You could have the costly, but fast one for direct healing to aid in your quick, immediate healing needs, and a cheaper one that takes time to use for regen to encourage planning.
Flutterknight
Flutterknight
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down