P:AE Group 1, Team R89

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

P:AE Group 1, Team R89

Post  Curunir on Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:57 am

You slowly regain consciousness, after being frozen in stasis pods for roughly four-decades of spaceflight. Hearing no alarm, you deduce that the S.S Harmony must be nearing the 2nd planet of the Alpha Equulei system.

Your pod, which had been stationed upright against the wall for the duration of the journey, slowly begins a descent to a horizontal position, before the glass case keeping you contained slides away, and you regain your ability to move. All of the stasis equipment folds back into the walls of the pod: for the small remainder of the flight it will serve as a crude bunk: not comfortable, but serviceable enough for a few nights. Next to your bed is a small locker that contains your personal belongings, a simple pillow and blanket, and a few other necessities for the next few days.

As you sit up and look about, shaking off the grogginess, you notice that one of the bunks is already vacant. Someone must have woken up a little earlier than you and gotten to stretch their legs a bit. You can't remember who it was- maybe you haven't met them yet, or maybe your long-inactive mind simply cannot remember at the moment.

OOC:
Astral Arc is the PC who is not present in the room at the moment you are waking up.

There's a video screen flanked by a couple computer terminals at one end of the room: and a door at the other. You expect you'll probably be getting a message from the captain or other official soon, once they're awake and completed some checkups on the ship's status and preliminary scans of Planet.

Meanwhile, it'd be a good idea to get to know who you'll be living and working with for the foreseeable future in your new home...
avatar
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 870
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 26
Location : Virginia

View user profile http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 1, Team R89

Post  Senshuken on Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:59 am

As his mind and body slowly began to awaken after who knew how many decades of being in stasis Link didn't get up right away. Since there weren't any alarms or anything announcing that they were all screwed and that they should get started on praying to whatever higher beings for forgiveness then logically he could take a few minutes to wake up properly. Fighting the urge to just put his head back on the makeshift pillow and drifting back to sleep, the hippogriff forced himself to started to bend his arms while making and releasing a fist with his claws in order to get the blood flowing back into them and help get the pins and needles out of them. Likewise, his legs started to move as if he was riding a bicycle in midair on his back in order to get them back in working order. Wincing slightly as he was forced to stop moving because of the spasms caused by the blood flowing back into the long disused limbs for a length of time that was uncomfortably long regardless of how long it truly lasted, once the feeling passed Link forced himself to roll out of his pod / bed and planted his hooves on the ground in order to test how strong they were at the moment.

Making a mental note to either visit the ships exercise area (Or simply making such an area if one didn't exist) in order to help get himself back into fighting form, Link began to rotate and flap his wings in order to work the kinks out of them as he looked around to see whom he was sharing a room with, filching a little each time some part of his wing ether popped back into place or worked a kink out of the system. Noticing that one of the pod/beds was already empty, Link's not-quite-awake mind tried to offer his other two roommates as warm a smile as he could offer before saying "Good... whatever time it is. Not really sure what time it is at the moment."
avatar
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 439
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 26
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 1, Team R89

Post  Elegant Force on Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:07 pm

"Appearance" :
As Astral Arc is a Crystal Pony, I will start all posts out with her appearance, as Crystal Ponies alternate between Sparkly and Dull, in correspondence with their moods, and it would be obvious to anyone who could see her.


Appearance: Sparkly and Bright


Well, today certainly had been productive. She'd already learned a good deal about the nature of magic, chaos and the universe, and she was due to learn quite a bit about time, once she had all of the relevant information about her little trip through it, of course. Or, more directly, once she knew what time period she had ended up in and how far it was from her own.

All Astral Arc needed to do was find out what year it was, and then measure the temporal fluctuations and displacement energy that she exuded, and that would complete her study of temporal energy, at least for now. Oh, and of course, find a library to figure out when and where in her future Star Swirl would be coming to pick her up so she would be able to meet him there. She hoped it wasn't too soon, she had some very important things to study here, after all.

She'd been told to go introduce herself to her companions. The spaceship was by far the most complicated thing she'd ever seen. Even more advanced than the Crystal structures of her homeland (which were much more complex than those of the other ponies of her time). Astral Arc wondered how they would feel about her being a Time Traveler.

It wasn't a spell that she and Star Swirl had thought should be frequently used, it had been more of an application of theory and a thing they'd wanted just in case of emergency, than anything else. So, presumably, Time Travelers wouldn't be all that common (not to mention the fact that only the most skilled of Unicorns were capable of even preforming it). Still, probably best to check and make sure that had never fallen into the wrong hands and been used to perpetuate a terrible time war that left only a handful of time traveling survivors, all desperate to kill one another, before she told everyone exactly what she was.

Perhaps she was being paranoid, but that scenario had occurred to her as a possibility, especially if she'd managed to capture the time travel spell into some sort of Crystal device, which would have made it something almost anypony could use.

As she walked into the room she'd heard voices coming from, Astral Arc stopped for a moment, stunned. There were three creatures in front of her, but she'd only seen one of them before. One was just a normal Earth Pony, but the other two were much more fascinating. One seemed to resemble a Pegasi and something else (perhaps she'd seen something like it in her travels?), and the other wasn't a pony at all. Nor was it a Dragon, Zebra or anything else she was even remotely familiar with.

She wracked her brain to try to if and where she'd seen whatever it was the first creature resembled, and what the second could possibly be, and wondered if she should act as if everything was normal, or if it would be alright to question these beings about their nature and origins.

Knowledge:
To figure out what Link is (she's probably seen Griffons before, but the idea of racial mixing is new to her).
11 (1d20) + 12 = 23

Knowledge:
To figure out what Clover Paw could possibly be.
9 (1d20) + 12 = 21

Streetsmarts:
Not to say something horribly racially insensitive.
11 (1d20) + 7 = 18
avatar
Elegant Force
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Gender : Female
Posts : 16
Join date : 2014-02-19
Age : 26
Location : Aomori-shi, Japan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 1, Team R89

Post  Caden2112 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:45 pm

Dusty Trails groaned softly...He wasn't particularly a morning stallion to begin with, and being asleep for he-didn't-know-how-long just made it worse, but he shook his head, blinking and sitting up, trying to get the blood flowing again...After a bit, he slowly got out of his pod, yawning before glancing around...A hippogriff, and...One of those crystal ponies or whatever the proper term was...He couldn't see the other from where he was just yet. He figured that could wait just a second, though. More importantly, he needed to make sure he could still stand under his own power, and find his things, though he figured they couldn't be far.

But while the earth pony stretched his legs, he became aware that the hippogriff was talking to him...Or to the group in general more likely, but still. "Nnngh. We'll call it mornin' for now. -Sounds- like everything went smooth, so...Yeah, that's good. How's everypony feelin'?" he asked after a second, glancing around. Well, there were no alarms, no blinking "Everyone's gonna die" alerts, so that was good.
avatar
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Posts : 1322
Join date : 2012-12-02
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 1, Team R89

Post  Quietkal on Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:00 pm

As her senses fade into working again, Clover sleepily smacks her lips a few times and lets out a long, whining yawn before starting to move her joints and wake up the rest of her body. She flops off the cot and starts doing full body stretches, her whine continuing quietly. Looking around, she's surprised by the general lack of ponies, or rather the amount of sub-types of ponies. The crystal pony in particular catches her attention, due her currently shiny luster.
As the others talk, she sets back onto her haunches to finally take care of that itch behind her ear but stops when the farmer asks how the group is doing in order to respond "Still sleepy." A moment after though, a thought strikes her and she bounces up excitedly, her tail wagging slightly. "Ooh! We hit the rock yet?" She hurries about, trying to find a window to look out from and towering over the quadrupeds.
avatar
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2059
Join date : 2012-07-25
Location : Occasionally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 1, Team R89

Post  Senshuken on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:55 pm

Now slightly more awake then he had been before, Link slowly stopped his exercises as his body merely felt sluggish instead of like a dead piece of wood. Taking the time to examine just who else he would be sharing this room with the half breed couldn't help but inwardly be thankful that it was a rather diverse group instead of, say, made up completely of ponies. That would have simply been awkward for all concerned.

His attention first drifted to the surprisingly shiny, crystal like pony that had arrived shortly after they had started to awaken and simply assumed that she must have been their missing fourth bunk mate. While she hadn't said anything yet, it was clear that she was showing a great deal of interest in the non pony members of the room; It was something that Link was very used to, since the closest he had ever been to seeing another of his own kind was when he looked in a mirror. Still, he offered the shiny pony a friendly smile in greeting before turning his attention towards the sound of a voice that it turned out belonged to the other pony in the room.

Glancing towards the other non pony in the room as she answered first, he couldn't help but smirk a little in response to her admitting that she was still sleepy. Maybe it was because he was still more or less half asleep or because she was another non pony like himself, but Link found her excitement (and tail wagging) simply adorable. Trying to keep his new found good mirth under control, the Hippogriff shook his head a little in order to try and wake up a little more as he said "Funny how being asleep for who knows how long just makes you want to sleep more..." with a slight chuckle before offering the diamond dog a slight shrug. "I don't know if we're there yet or not. But first things first let's go get breakfast. Sound like a plan everyone?"

avatar
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 439
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 26
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 1, Team R89

Post  Curunir on Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:10 pm

Astral Arc Rolls:
Link:  Looks sorta like a griffon- but instead of being part Lion it seems to be part pony- including a cutie mark. Perhaps a griffon-pony hybrid... is that possible?  (Come to think of it, are griffons actually eagle/lion hybrids?  That'd be silly)  But the cutie mark seems to imply that it has some pony heritage.

As for Clover Paw... you're not really sure.  She looks like an upright dog, and is clearly capable of speech.  Her large front paws seem to suggest her race is inclined towards digging and tunneling.  The way she looked at your shiny self can't help but remind you of stories you heard as a filly, of goblins that popped out of the ground and snatched naughty crystal children.  

You'll probably refrain from saying anything rude - you at least are smart enough to not ask about the parentage of the hippogriff without getting to know him better, or to call the diamond dog anything without knowing what she is (and even then, being an intelligent being you should probably use her name once you know it.)  She might be insulted if you refer to her as a dog.  Definitely would if you mentioned that children's tale.

Clover Paw unfortunately does not manage to find a window in the small room- there are probably very few on the ship as a whole.  

But almost as if in response to her desire to see outside (though more likely in response to all of the occupants being awakened) the computer terminals start up, humming softly, displaying a loading bar under three streaks of light going up the screen and exploding into brilliant fireworks, before freezing and forming into the logo of the computer system's manufacturer:
Spark Industries:
.  Once loaded, one terminals switches views to the ship's exterior.  You can see the planet that is to be your new home, covered in swirling clouds and oceans as home was, even with familiar smatterings of green on land... though with equally large patches of unfamiliar red.  You see two of its small moons- recalling that there is a third which must be out of sight.  The other terminal displays maps of the S.S. Harmony, highlighting and zooming in on your section.

The video screen starts up as well, showing the Equestrian flag before showing a smiling light blue pegasus. :
Won't be making pictures all the time, but I already had the picture of the pegasus, so it didn't take any time to throw this together.  Background from http://www.deviantart.com/art/Bridge-1-3-419755134


 
She begins talking, addressing many of the thoughts that some of you have had since awakening.

"Rise and shine, campers!  We are now nearing our new home, and will be entering a stable orbit later in the day.  Ship's systems appear normal, aside from a few fluctuations in non-essential memory banks, but in any case we all seem to have arrived in once piece!  Tune in to the engineering net on your computer terminal for a full report if you're interested in that sort of thing...

A friendly reminder : don't forget to eat something and move around to help your body readjust!  Meals will be served in your section's cafeteria: and exercise facilities will be open.  Ship's gravity will slowly adjust as we make our approach, to help accustom you to Planet's gravity.  Scans and probes of Planet are in progress: your team's clock will be set once a suitable location for your colony is found.

Stay tuned for further updates!  And have a nice day!"


The view screen shuts off again.
avatar
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 870
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 26
Location : Virginia

View user profile http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 1, Team R89

Post  Elegant Force on Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:19 am

Appearance: Sparkly and Bright

Perhaps the flying creature was some sort of hybrid? Part Pony, part Griffon? Had racial integration gone so far that now ponies not only bred with other types of ponies, but even different species? How fascinating. She wondered what sort of powers the new creature would have. It seemed to have a Cutie Mark, which meant it might have some of the abilities that were unique to Pony blood. Astral Arc supposed, however, that she would have to wait to as more questions about that. She wasn't friends with any of these people yet.

Yes, maybe that was the right course of action. The other creature (that seemed to be some sort of dog, but adapted for digging) had asked them all to breakfast. Astral Arc realized she should probably take her up on that offer so she could more easily get to know those aroun--

Suddenly all of Astral's attention was drawn by the face that was, somehow magically appearing in front of her. What sort of magic was it? How did it work? She had to understand. She wanted to blurt out questions, but maybe that wasn't a good idea?

Streetsmarts:
Roll = 1 (1d20) + 7 = CRITICAL FAILURE
(You said it was alright to just play this one out, tell me if you want me to be even more of a social failure)

Who was she kidding? Astral Arc couldn't help herself! "What in the world is that? How does it work?" She leaned up against the screen. "Who are you and how are you talking to us this way? What sort of magic is this? What is this glass? Is it made of crystal?"

She seemed to realize the person on the screen hadn't responded to her, and turned to those around her, grabbing onto Dusty Tails, who was closest to her. "Do you know anything about this? I need to know everything you can tell me about this new magic!"

Astral Arc, however, was also analyzing it on her own, trying to figure out how this new magic worked.

Arcana:

Roll = 7 (1d20) + 20 + 5 (Freaky Knowledge: Electricity) = 32
(To figure out it's magical nature.)

Technology:
Roll = 5(1d20) + 15 + 5 (Freaky Knowledge: Electricity) = 25
(To figure out how it works/how to work it).
avatar
Elegant Force
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Gender : Female
Posts : 16
Join date : 2014-02-19
Age : 26
Location : Aomori-shi, Japan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 1, Team R89

Post  Quietkal on Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:49 am

((Actually that was the hippogriff that had suggested breakfast, but w/e))
Clover stops her search for a window and watches the video diligently, 'ooh'-ing quietly when the new planet is displayed. At the outburst however, Clover looks over to the crystal pony and cocks her head sideways with a curious look on her face, and ears twitching slightly. "How's what work? I thought you were our science gal..." She scrunches her face a little and stares at the screen, trying to figure out what has this pony so befuddled.
Rolls:
Technology: 18 = 13 (roll) +5 (skill)
That's actually pretty good for her dump stat.
Let's also try a Heal to see if Clover knows about like a...'bends' that Astral might be suffering from after exiting the cryogenic sleep too quick, or something similar that might explain why she's not acting all science-y.
Heal: 22 = 17 (roll) +5 (skill)
...dang. Okay, I guess dumping knowledge gets rewarded with good rolls on it anyway.
avatar
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2059
Join date : 2012-07-25
Location : Occasionally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 1, Team R89

Post  Senshuken on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:29 am

Before Link had the chance to get any real responses to his 'let's go and get something to eat' plan (He had a sinking feeling in his gut that fish wasn't going to be on his plate for sometime, if ever) when the video screen came to life, bearing the image of Chancellor Sunny Skies. Even if the hippogriff hadn't been able to recognize the light blue mare, the name plate that was shown with her picture would have fixed that little problem right up. Happy that a few of his concerns had been addressed by the Chancellor, Link was about to say something when the crystal pony seemed to go completely Princess Twilight over the video screen.

While he was more then willing to admit to himself that his field of expertise was more in tune with protecting beings much smarter then him in this sort of area then in understanding how the tech that made their lifestyles possible worked, Link took a moment to examine the screen in an attempt to come up with some answers to try and stop the crystal pony from freaking out further and possibly start tearing things apart to see how they worked. He didn't want to have to deal with that on an empty stomach.

Technology:
Roll(1d20)+5: 14,+5 Total:19
Not bad for a dump stat subject if I do say so.
avatar
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 439
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 26
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 1, Team R89

Post  Caden2112 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:23 am

Well...That was interesting. Dusty figured that the Chancellor must have awakened early to put that together and-...The crystal pony was grabbing him. She seemed excited, but he put a hoof up to try to quiet her. "Well, may take a minute for my brain t'kick back on, but If I remember what I was told correctly, that thing was made t'talk to other ponies who're far away, or at least outta earshot...I'd haveta think about it." Truth be told, that was what he could easily gather from what he'd just seen, he took a moment to try and remember any details...Really, though, if it calmed down their 'tech specialist,' it was a start. "Just...Deep breaths, huh? Oh, and the pony on the screen...Well, nameplate at the bottom said Chancellor Sunny Sky, so that's at least that problem solved, huh?" He glanced over at the other two, really hoping they could help explain things or calm the crystal pony down. It was clear the lack of food had her a little loopy. Or, at least, that was what he was choosing to blame.

Technology roll:

1d20+8 = 14+8 = 22
avatar
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Posts : 1322
Join date : 2012-12-02
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 1, Team R89

Post  Curunir on Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:43 am

Skill Checks:
Astral Arc: Oddly enough, you're not detecting any magic in the device. You do sense a good deal of electricity though. It seems to be running off of electrical power somehow, in addition to using electricity as a signal of some sort. You don't see how it is operated: although in this case it would appear that it is being operated from somewhere else. The glass is just glass- although of the finest quality you've ever seen.

Everyone else: You all know the basic science behind video and audio transmissions, though probably shouldn't be entrusted to teach a class on it or build a vidscreen or anything. Light and sound are detected and converted into electrical signals, which are sent through wires or wireless waves such as radio and converted back into light and sound. It's a fairly common technology these days, although there are still "traditional" communities which live without many modern conveniences.

Clover Paw: The Chancellor did say that the body might need some time to adjust to being awake again- though she hadn't specifically mentioned anything about possible mental problems. It's not like anypony had been put into stasis before though: it could be an unintended side-effect. Or maybe something to do with the differences in Crystal Pony physiology?

It certainly doesn't seem at all implausible that there's some medical explanation for her reaction.
avatar
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 870
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 26
Location : Virginia

View user profile http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 1, Team R89

Post  Senshuken on Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:17 am

Looking around at the diamond dog and the earth pony for a moment to see what they were going to do, Link let out a bit of a sigh as he decided to be the one to at least start off this slightly strange conversation. "Well I'm no expert and if anyone wishes to jump in because I missed something or if they wish to go into greater detail, they are more then welcome to." the Hippogriff started, opening the floor for anyone who wished to take it from him at anytime.

Turning his attention back to the crystal pony, he took a second to take a deep breath and offer the mare a decent attempt at a smile, the sluggishness of his mind having mostly faded but requiring substance that this current conversation was delaying. " Light and sound are detected and converted into electrical signals, which are sent through wires or wireless waves such as radio and converted back into light and sound. It's fairly common tech, but a couple of communities stick to 'traditional' values and willingly live without it. There's no doubt more to it but this really isn't my field of expertise. I'm sure there is someone on this ship that will be able to tell you more in greater detail but I don't know who that would be. Now if you will excuse me..."

Trying to remain as polite as he was able to make himself under the circumstances, Link started to walk towards the door, making sure to avoid bumping into anyone on the way there. "I'll be at the cafeteria. It feels like I haven't eaten in over a decade." Glancing back at his roommates, the slight smirk and the playful mirth in his voice would hopefully not be lost to them as he turned to leave the room in the ancient ritual of hunting for breakfast.
avatar
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 439
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 26
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 1, Team R89

Post  Quietkal on Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:17 am

Clover watches the hippogriff exit and stares at the door for a second, before her stomach breaks the apparent silence with an extensive gurgle. The diamond dog reflexively grabs at her belly and groans, "Ooohhh. I feel like I could eat gravel. Alright, let's get this done so we can eat!" She claps her paws together and faces the crystal pony. "Hey uh...shiny butt. What's your name?" Without pausing, she continues, "Let's make a quick trip to the bandage bits and make sure we all woke up fine, and then get some food. Sound good?" Her stomach immediately rumbles again after her question, and she grimaces slightly, before chuckling and adding, "Maybe food first." She thinks for a moment, before realizing maybe she should introduce herself, in case the others don't remember her name like she can't seem to remember the crystal pony's. "Oh! I'm Clover Paw by the by."
Character Relationships:
Have our (non-time traveled) characters met and interacted before that we'd remember? Just kinda saw each other at the base training bits but didn't really talk?
Question is for both Curunir and other players


Last edited by Quietkal on Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2059
Join date : 2012-07-25
Location : Occasionally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 1, Team R89

Post  Caden2112 on Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:31 pm

Char Relationships:

Yeah, being more or less acquaintances works for me. Anyone else?

Dusty chuckled, nodding and trotting after the hippogriff, glancing at Clover and smiling. "Yeah, I'm pretty starved myself...Let's get some food in us first, I say. And...Hmm...Come to think of it, ma'am, don't think I've seen you around before..." the last part was directed at Astral Arc, though he nodded. "Name's Dusty Trails, at your service," He bowed his head, following the hippogriff to try and find the cafeteria. Clover was right in that they should probably get checked out just in case, but right now, he was more interested in filling his stomach...He didn't feel sick, at any rate, so he wasn't too concerned for himself. On the other hand, the crystal pony was acting odd, but he was sure she just needed a bit of food in her to be a little more lucid.
avatar
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Posts : 1322
Join date : 2012-12-02
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 1, Team R89

Post  Elegant Force on Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:58 am

Appearance: Sparkly and Bright

Astral Arc blinked a few times as she realized that the machine, in fact, had no magic coming off of it at all. It was running on electricity? Was that even possible? To be fair, she herself had theorized that electricity could be used to fuel effects not unlike magic, but this went far beyond any of her theories.

She was about to let go of Dusty and rushed back over to the console and began to examine it, but realized that people were talking to her. Right. She needed to not be so suspicious. She couldn't let anyone know that she was from another time. At least, not until she knew she could trust them.

"Dusty?" Astral Arc took a deep breath and tried to give a somewhat normal smile. "My name is Astral Arc, sorry you didn't meet me before we left, I was just reassigned to your group when I woke up. They said that you needed me."

Yeah, that sounded good. One of the beds in this room was even empty. She nodded at the empty bed. "I guess I'm here to replace your last team member."

She needed to blend in at least long enough to get to the library so she could find out when and where Star Swirl was going to come get her to take her back to the past.

Persuasion :

To convince everyone that I was just reassigned here as a replacement.
18 (1d20) + 10 = 28
avatar
Elegant Force
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Gender : Female
Posts : 16
Join date : 2014-02-19
Age : 26
Location : Aomori-shi, Japan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 1, Team R89

Post  Quietkal on Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:45 pm

"Oh! Well welcome to the team!" She holds a large smile, which is probably somewhat unnerving to those who haven't met Diamond Dogs. After a few moments, it lessens to a more casual smile as she also looks toward the empty bed. "Hope...whoever that was is alright. Let's get some food!~"
When she's sure that the Crystal pony is coming as well, Clover lumbers after the hippogriff and earth pony, assuming that they know where they're going.
avatar
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2059
Join date : 2012-07-25
Location : Occasionally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 1, Team R89

Post  Senshuken on Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:35 am

Perception:
A roll to see if Link has any idea about where he is actually going...

Roll(1d20)+6:
8,+6
Total:14

((I reserve this spot to display my post once I find out how the dice roll plays out. I would like to mention that between Eagle Eye and Nightwatch, Link can see perfectly fine regardless of where he is so no negatives.))
avatar
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 439
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 26
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 1, Team R89

Post  Curunir on Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:23 am

Link manages to lead the rest of the group to the cafeteria.  It's not too hard: although looking at the slightly upward-curving hallway once you leave the room is a little- almost imperceptibly- disorienting.  The map displayed on the monitors had highlighted your section of the ship (section X), your room, and important locations.  It looks like a number of others have woken up with the same idea, and are filing in the same direction as you.  

You enter the cafeteria: large enough to house a quarter of your section's population at a time, or roughly 100 pony-sized beings without being too cramped.  There's a short line to get the food- while not the first, you seem to have gotten a head start over many of the others.  There's enough of a variety of food to accommodate any of the colonists' varied dietary needs.  Beyond that there's not too much of a choice: only what could be kept good enough to eat after 40 years of spaceflight.  Even with a combination of magical preservation, freezing, and vacuum packing, it won't be the freshest thing you've ever eaten.  Still, your bodies are ready for anything after the stress put on them by stasis (and time travel
not to mention whatever kept her unconscious and alive for 40 years):
in Astral Arc's case). You'll have to wait until the colony can grow or otherwise acquire its own food to get anything fresher or fancier.

A tired-looking earth pony (probably also recently awoken) is manning the counter.  You can see racks of aluminum packages behind her, and behind them another pony opening up packages, and preparing them as required (cutting/mixing/heating/etc.)

"ID card please.  What would you like to eat?" She asks each of you in turn.  As she swipes the first card, one of the tables behind you lights up with your team's number.
avatar
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 870
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 26
Location : Virginia

View user profile http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 1, Team R89

Post  Senshuken on Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:30 am

Privately, Link was secretly pleased by the fact that he had been able to locate the cafeteria instead of getting them all lost; That would have been embarrassing to say the least. Happy that they have arrived before the rush really got underway and taking his position in line, Link didn't really say anything until he found himself at the front of the queue. Presenting the ID card and watching it get scanned, Link looked over at the possibly meals he could have this morning and hmm'ed in thought. He didn't really want to attempt to ask if meat was on the menu this soon after waking from stasis. Ponies tended to be iffy about that sort of thing...

"A bowl of cereal with some milk would be great. Some apple juice to go with it would be awesome as well if you have it Ms." Link requested politely. He wasn't exactly picky about what he wanted to eat at the moment anyway. Once a meal was provided, he would smile and say "Thank you." Before taking his meal and looking for enough free space from him and the rest of those in his room. It was a good chance to get to know them after all.

Perception:
Roll(1d20)+6:
20,+6
Total:26
avatar
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 439
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 26
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 1, Team R89

Post  Elegant Force on Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:47 am

Appearance: Sparkly and Bright

Astral Arc followed the others to breakfast, but couldn't stop herself from thinking that what she really wanted to do was go to the library. She needed to find out where Star Swirl was going to get her from in this time period, and when so she could be sure to be there. It would be a long flight back to Equestria from what she understood but not impossible. But to know that, she needed to find the library, and she had no idea where it was.

In fact, she didn't have any idea how large this "ship" was or how to get around in it. Just from walking to the cafeteria, it seemed much larger than any building she'd ever seen or been inside, even the Crystal Palace was much smaller. Astral Arc quickly ordered her food and sat down with everyone else. She took a few bites, then looked at the rest of her group.

"So, do any of you know where the library is?"
avatar
Elegant Force
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Gender : Female
Posts : 16
Join date : 2014-02-19
Age : 26
Location : Aomori-shi, Japan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 1, Team R89

Post  Quietkal on Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:12 pm

Clover gets a pile of food, as much as they'll allow her to have, and sets down obnoxiously close to the crystal pony with a wide smile before plowing through her food. She takes a moment to breathe, wiping some combined-food-mush from her mouth with a paw.
"Whadda you wanna go review files for? We're about to get to new ground! Oooh!" She suddenly stands up and grabs the table, leaning heavily over it and staring at the group excitedly. "Did you see those red bits?! Whadda you think those are?! Maybe they're stretches of rich, plump soil, just waiting for me to burrow through 'em!" Her eyes glaze a bit and she starts to drool slightly as she thinks another possibility. "What if...it's a field of crystals...the size of 'questria?!...ohhhh that'd be..." She doesn't quite manage to finish her sentence, instead licking her chops subconsciously to mop up some of her drool.
avatar
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2059
Join date : 2012-07-25
Location : Occasionally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 1, Team R89

Post  Caden2112 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:12 pm

Dusty looked at Clover, chuckling softly as he got his own meal, starting to eat as he thought. "A giant field of crystals would be right pretty, no doubt, but I'm hopin' it's soil, or maybe some kinda red grass or somethin', if we're puttin' our cards on the table." He glanced at Astral, then glanced upwards, thinking. "Hmm, ya need a refresher on somethin'? I dunno how much of it'll still be relevant. We're a long way away from home, ya know, I dunno how much will be transferable to this new world." True enough, but maybe she was looking for insight that might help...He had to admit though, Clover's energy was a bit infectious, and he found himself wondering what those red splashes across the landscape were, as well...
avatar
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Posts : 1322
Join date : 2012-12-02
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 1, Team R89

Post  Senshuken on Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:58 pm

Once a table had been found for them to eat at, Link contented himself with his food as he listened to his crew mates discuss the possibilities of the future planet they would be calling home. Swallowing his current mouthful (Mother had drilled it into him early and often that speaking with a full mouth was rude) the Hippogriff added his two bits with "The real question we should be asking is what already calls the place home and just how friendly it is to outsiders. As long as the place doesn't have brain eating worms or something, we'll figure something out."

Glancing towards Clover for a moment, a small smile appeared on Link's face as he offered "After breakfast I was planning on seeing what the nearest gym had to offer in order to get myself back into working order. If you'd like to join me I would love to have a gym buddy."
avatar
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 439
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 26
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 1, Team R89

Post  Elegant Force on Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:48 am

Appearance: Sparkly and Bright

Astral Arc was about to get up and go find the library herself, when she heard Link's comment.

"What exactly do we know about this place? Do we even know if there are other sentient beings? Did we come all the way out here without knowing what we were getting ourselves into? What are we even doing here?" The questions were out of her mouth before she even realized that she should probably already know the answer to them, since she was on the ship to colonize this new planet.

Astral Arc winced. Had she just managed to blow her cover? She looked around at everyone else, trying to look natural, and hoping that none of her questions had been suspicious.

Persuasion:
2 (1d20) + 10 = 12
avatar
Elegant Force
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Gender : Female
Posts : 16
Join date : 2014-02-19
Age : 26
Location : Aomori-shi, Japan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 1, Team R89

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum