Silent Fractures

Page 26 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Silent Fractures

Post  Loud Taffy on Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:28 pm

With a solid "clink" the key pops fry from the nail.
avatar
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 341
Join date : 2014-04-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silent Fractures

Post  Xel Unknown on Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:31 pm

Cold was kinda feeling a good deal of apathy right now as she headed to the doorway to use this key... Hoping that it's usage will do, ANYTHING to help solve this odd pointless puzzle.
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: Silent Fractures

Post  Loud Taffy on Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:42 pm

Cold inserts the key into the door. There's a rattling behind everyone as the chains that were holding the now detached gate retract up into the ceiling. He turns the key, there's a click, the key evaporates in the lock and the door swing outward as if the bricks had never been there. Everyone walks out of the light house and the door slams closed behind them.


LEVEL UP


A single Buzz emanates from everyone's bag that contains the book Discord gave you.
avatar
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 341
Join date : 2014-04-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silent Fractures

Post  Xel Unknown on Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:49 pm

Cold gets out her book to look it over and figure out what it was wanting right now. "Well at lest this seemed to helped things? Maybe?"


Last edited by Xel Unknown on Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: Silent Fractures

Post  Loud Taffy on Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:01 pm

Whats new in the book:
avatar
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 341
Join date : 2014-04-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silent Fractures

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:05 am

Heart followed along, checking her book as well. "An Amusement park? That's where he wants us to go? Did they not have anything creepier, like a corpse museum?" Heart shakes her head and puts the book away. Peering through the fog, she tries to spot any roller coasters in the distance. "Any idea which way we should go?" After a moment, she stops, then, giving Wormwood a sly look, scrambles up onto his back, standing on him to try and get a better look around.

Perception: 19+3=22
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5625
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Presidio of Monterey, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silent Fractures

Post  Dusk Raven on Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:45 am

Wormwood takes out his own book and looks at the map. "Well, if this map is to be believed, than it's northwest of here. If we follow the pier to the shore and then take a left, we should eventually see the park on our right."
avatar
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Posts : 1725
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 25
Location : Midwest US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silent Fractures

Post  Loud Taffy on Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:20 am

Heart sees some lights in the west.
avatar
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 341
Join date : 2014-04-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silent Fractures

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:50 pm

"Well... there's lights that way. You think that's it?" Heart points out the lights in the distance.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5625
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Presidio of Monterey, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silent Fractures

Post  Dusk Raven on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:08 pm

Wormwood double-checks the map before speaking. "Well, maybe. Let's see where the dock leads us, first... can't go anywhere without following it."
avatar
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Posts : 1725
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 25
Location : Midwest US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silent Fractures

Post  TheCavalry on Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:34 am

The Reini didn't appear to be listening to the others; instead, she was staring at the water surrounding them, as if trying to divine what lay beneath it's surface.

Spoiler:
Perception [11] + d20 [9] = 20
avatar
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 940
Join date : 2014-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silent Fractures

Post  Loud Taffy on Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:09 pm

The Reini noticed a glint in the water against the rocks. It was a thin pipe, probably from an old handrail.
avatar
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 341
Join date : 2014-04-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silent Fractures

Post  A1C Bronymous on Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:48 pm

"Alright then." Heart settles onto Wormwood's back, instead of getting down. "Lead the way."
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5625
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Presidio of Monterey, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silent Fractures

Post  Dusk Raven on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:09 pm

Wormwood raises an eyebrow at Bleeding Heart, but doesn't ask her to get down. He's about to set off when he notices the Reini looking around. "Notice something?" He asks.
avatar
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Posts : 1725
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 25
Location : Midwest US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silent Fractures

Post  TheCavalry on Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:28 pm

"Honestly, I'd be inclined to say no. I might be overthinking this place a bit..."

She shook her head, trying to ignore the thought, and placed a tentative hoof forward.
avatar
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 940
Join date : 2014-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silent Fractures

Post  Dusk Raven on Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:40 pm

Wormwood nods and proceeds along the pier, making sure not to jostle Bleeding Heart too much.
avatar
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Posts : 1725
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 25
Location : Midwest US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silent Fractures

Post  Xel Unknown on Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:27 pm

"personally... My mind is still mulling over that anti-puzzle... Wondering what it was meant to be if this place wasn't... So broken... Everything... Seemed to have the trappings of a basic puzzle, but lacked it at it's core... Or if there was a puzzle I didn't notice it... Which wouldn't shock me... But what'd you think of it, The Reini?" Cold mutters to the Brains of the Team as she walked assuming that oddity would've had a better "puzzle" if this place wasn't really off, or the Minotaur hoped it would've been.

((OOC: Trying not to harp too much on that. Just... Trying to find a way to justify my in character thoughts & actions so far, and having it be not just bleedover from my own dislike of everything. And figure he'd still feel more or less mulling on that detail. Wondering if more "broken non-puzzles" were to come in the future as they tried to "fix" this place, somehow.))
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: Silent Fractures

Post  Loud Taffy on Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:53 pm

72 follows the group. The fog gets a little thicker as you all get closer to the end of the pier.
avatar
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 341
Join date : 2014-04-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silent Fractures

Post  Xel Unknown on Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:08 pm

"Wish we had a skilled weather-pegasus with us right now..." Cold mutters to himself.
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: Silent Fractures

Post  A1C Bronymous on Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:32 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:"Wish we had a skilled weather-pegasus with us right now..." Cold mutters to himself.

"Yeah... that'd be nice..." Heart frowns. The mention of a weather pony made her think of her mother... and then that thought reminded her why she had come here. Running away...seeking attention... making them sad, scared, angry... She closes her eyes and rests her head against Wormwood, trying to think of something else.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5625
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Presidio of Monterey, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silent Fractures

Post  Loud Taffy on Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:24 am

You continue walking for some time, the fog becoming thick the farther away from the dock you get. While heading west, the lights Heart noticed become brighter. In what seemed like an unusually short amount of time you find yourselves at the entrance to the Lake Side Amusement Park. The fog thins a bit allowing you to see more than just the lite sign. The park has a brick wall surrounding it on all sides. The entryway is a red brick archway with the park sign hanging slightly askew in the center. A metal gate hangs slightly open the lock and chain laying broken on the ground. You can see turnstiles and ticket windows just inside the entryway, and a red brick path leading into the bowels of the park.
avatar
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 341
Join date : 2014-04-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silent Fractures

Post  A1C Bronymous on Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:34 am

"Well... must be the offseason." Heart's words are sarcastic and mirthless. She slides down off of Wormwood, and slowly approaches the gate, peering ahead for any sign of trouble. "So who is it we're here to meet?"

Perception: Nat20+3= 43 (I think. That's how crits work in this game right?)
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5625
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Presidio of Monterey, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silent Fractures

Post  Loud Taffy on Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:19 am

A glint caught Bleeding Heart's eye. Upon further inspection she discovers a small bottle on the ticket booth counter labeled "Heath drink". Next to the bottle was a strange looking device.

Pony version of a 10mm pistol:

Pistol ability:
[0] Pot Shot [12/12] -Standard Attack
(one shot uses one bullet)
Deal 10 damage to a target creature
avatar
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 341
Join date : 2014-04-28
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silent Fractures

Post  A1C Bronymous on Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:11 pm

"Huh..." Heart levitates the "health drink", scrutinizing it, and then picks up the gun. "Well this might come in handy," she says, showing it to the others. "I think I can use it." Then she tucks the bottle into her bag and holds the gun out in front of her, walking into the park. "Let's hurry up and find whoever we're looking for."
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5625
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Presidio of Monterey, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silent Fractures

Post  Xel Unknown on Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:12 am

"Agreed... I'm going to go scout ahead." Cold declares then she ran off ahead.

skill checks:
1D20+10 => [ 10 ] +10 = 20 Might ; 1D20+11 => [ 1 ] +11 = 12 - 20(nat-1ed) = -8 Perception ; 1D20+19 => [ 6 ] +19 = 25 Stealth, the skill checks to try and run ahead a, look out for dangers, & remain unseen by any dangers there could be...

(hope my two good rolls on Might & Stealth might total out to a semi-ok outcome for the poor Genderfuild Minotaur...)
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: Silent Fractures

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum