Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are (Not) the Heroes IC

+4
Senshuken
Espresso
nightlight
Sliverbrony
8 posters

Page 12 of 32 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 22 ... 32  Next

Go down

You are (Not) the Heroes IC - Page 12 Empty Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  nightlight Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:23 pm

"YAY!" Daff dashes out of the hideout with all the enthusiasm of a schoolcolt right before summer break. He pop his head back in the door a second later.

"Uh... thanks for the lesson, Madame Mask!"

He vanishes again, then hops into the back of the truck, next to Gaia, causing the vehicle to lean at an entirely new angle again.
nightlight
nightlight
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:41 am

Dove Colt scuffs the ground with a hoof awkwardly. "Uh... Thanks... that was really helpful...?"

He beats a hasty escape, jumping onto the back of the truck and finding a good spot to sit down.

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:00 pm

As the last two leaves, Madame Mask is left only with her decoy. "Oh, what a tragic twist of fate," Madame Mask muses melodramatically to the mirage, hoof once again heartbreaking hovering across her head, "As all her new allies repeated ignored her and her attempts to help them become better superheroes, the poor Madame Mask felt that the only way to earn their respect was to destroy them and turn to villainy once again!" An eye peers out from under her lifted leg and looks to her decoy, who is giving a disapproving look and shakes a raised hoof unconvinced. "Too cheesy?" Madame Mask drops the act to the mediocre response. "It wouldn't help us anyway. Our kind benefactors is our best bet to becoming superheroes, we should stay in their good graces. The show must go on." With that, Madame Mask levitates her book away, and picks up the radio instead, turning it on as she explores more of the warehouse...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

You are (Not) the Heroes IC - Page 12 Empty 2.3

Post  AleneShazam Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:17 am

The radio turns on to the singing of a recent pop sensation, something Flank or another, but after a few minutes the report starts again.

<<Alright, that was a nice break, but back to the news. Uh, there's a charity event sponsored by the esteemed Lexicon Author happening this afternoon at the central park - they're setting up right now, so if you've got a little time why don't you get in there and pitch in? Oh yeah, we've received more information on the weather case. Apparently, we've officially got a new hero team on the block, formed from some of our old favorites, and some new hits as well. We've got an ID on Dove Colt, kind of a newcomer but he's got a few crooks under his belt. Ah, Crimson Chef - classic hero, that. A duo of canines known as The Wolfpack - hmm, that's cool... Madame Mask - reformed villain and now magical hero, the mighty Daff, and a new heroine Sunset Raider who saved my man Quick Note here, who is willing to give an exciting account of the whole event!>>

The report goes on to become an interview between Airwave and Quick Note, narrating the battle between the group and Locust from his perspective.

Aside from the kitchenette, new utilities, and apparently a refurbished toilet outside the warehouse, there isn't anything else of note to be found in the warehouse.

The radio transitions to an uncomfortably enthusiastic country song.

The truck rolls up to an unassuming shop in the middle of the industrial district, with the truck's occupants having fuller bellies and a few bits less. The shop itself is a run-down looking DIY curio shop with a worn, faded sign saying 'Tinkering Gizmo's Gadgets and Curios'. The storefront has several random mechanical constructions on display - one a toy automaton of some description and the other some kind of walking doll house - as well as a good amount of workshop tools and supplies. There are even a few traditional curios such as little intricate pendants and other decorative items.

The door appears to be unlocked, but the open/closed sign is flipped to closed.

Last edited by AleneShazam on Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:01 am

Turning off his phone before taking a deep breath, Crimson let it out again in a loud sigh as he continued to trot along.

He had been intending to stop by the park in order to just have a little peace and quiet to himself for a while before he moved to get his supplies together, but time was now a factor and he needed to get things organized and in motion as soon as possible. Putting his phone away, he instead withdraw the card from his apron where he was keeping it and said "Sunglow. This is Crimson Chef. I just got off the phone with one of my sources. Zapp has managed to put together enough pieces of the puzzle to work out that something is dogging her hoofsteps and she's planning to try and lure it out this afternoon at the eastern industrial district when no one is around. She is going to be doing this alone partly out of pride and ego but officially because she's afraid whatever's following her is smart enough to not show up if the other Power Ponies are there to ambush it. Copy?" In truth, he wasn't sure if he was talking directly to the rest of the team (with their backers being able to monitor their communications) or if he was talking to their shadowy backers alone and they would relay the information he had gathered.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

You are (Not) the Heroes IC - Page 12 Empty 2.4

Post  AleneShazam Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:45 am

"Uh, you talking to me, or are you wanting to get that message to your teammates?" Argent's voice comes through the card. "Because the card doesn't really work that way. It's mostly just me to you. Uh, I'm guessing you'll want me to relay that message to your teammates, then... Gimme a sec. I'll have to put you on hold for a moment."

The other group's cards light up, and assuming they say the keyphrase, Argent relays Crimson Chef's message, almost word for word, with the addendum that it's from Crimson.

"Alright. Message delivered. Speaking of, maybe I should upgrade the cards to allow client to client communication... hmm. Whatever. Is that all you needed me for?"
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:29 am

Sunset stares at her card, then exchanges a glance with Gaia. Then, abandoning all pretense of being polite, she swings open the door to the shop and goes in.
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:55 am

"More or less, through that client to client idea sounds like a good one. Thank you very much for doing that by the way." Crimson said politely, waiting for any last words or requests from the other side before he said "Take care. Moonbright." In order to turn it off again so it could be stowed away safely. With that business taken care of, Crimson started to trot homewards; He was going to have to restock on his gumballs... and maybe mess around with the recipes a little bit more so that his throat wouldn't feel like it was on fire whenever he wanted to breath fire.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:41 pm

Dove Colt bounces in, looking around, taking in all the sights of the shop. "Excuse me, we're looking for Gizmo- ooo that looks cool!" Immediately distracted by a bauble, he darts off to one side to look it over, forgetting their original goal.

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:19 pm

It isn't long before the radio is turned on while the group on the truck zip drive through the district. Daff's ears perk forward when DJ comes back, and his eyes grow wider as the report begins.

"It's about us!" he whispers excitedly to Gaia. Oh, oh! And they're mentioning them all by name. He looks eagerly up at Rouseau, bouncing in place like a colt that just earned his cutie mark. The truck bounces up and down with him. His excited look turns to one of confusion. Then, he frowns.

"That can't be right. Rousseau, they didn't even mention you! After all you did!" he says, indignantly. " I'm going to write a very stern letter to that radio station," he decides, stomping a hoof down.

With Sunset's usual driving style, it's not long before they're in front of the shop. Daff pulls his head out of the fast food bag, holding a little plastic bag, which he eagerly unwraps to reveal the little toy that came with the meal.

"Aww, I got Hum Drum," he says disappointedly before hopping out of the truck after the others.

"Maybe we should go where Zapp will be," he suggests after pondering the new information Crimson had discovered. "She might need help. They'll probably expect the other Power Ponies instead of us."

He hops off the truck to head into the shop, stopping in front of the shop and beginning to point at the "closed" sign. As the others simply walk in, he blinks. "Ohhhhh..." he says, finally getting it. He follows them.
nightlight
nightlight
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:01 pm

nightlight wrote:"Maybe we should go where Zapp will be," he suggests to the others after Crimson's new information is relayed to them. "She might need help. They'll probably expect the other Power Ponies instead of us."

Sunset shakes her head as she enters the shop.

"She might disagree with that. With lightnin' bolts. If we plan to go in, we should..."

She realizes mid-sentence that Daff isn't following, and doubles back to where he's pointing at the door sign.

"We should see if Gizmo has anything to better our chances if she picks a fight," she finishes. "He closed the shop to help us, Daff. Come on!"
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:19 am

"The chef has sources like that?" Madame Masks puts her card away as she thinks and dismisses her decoy and turns the radio off. "Well, I have nothing to do here." She leaves the warehouse, making sure it's all closed properly and whatnot, and makes her way to the eastern industrial district...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Sliverbrony Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:07 pm

While Sunset tries to get Daff to ignore the closed sign, Zellbriq and Inu finaly arrive, with him saying So you survived that lecture? Anyone taken notes I can copy? as he sees the that the shop is supposedly closed, the Zebra continuse: So I assume this is some kind of 'secretly letting in the heros during break', because otherwise it would be stupid telling us to visit this Gizmo when his shop is closed today

Sliverbrony
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

You are (Not) the Heroes IC - Page 12 Empty 2.5

Post  AleneShazam Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:53 am

The inside of the shop is even more messy than the outside; shelves and cabinets line the walls, packed with all sorts of mechanical oddities. Articulated toys fill one of the cabinets, while more practical items such as knives, brooms with crazy automatic rigs, sewing machines and clocks fill the remainder of the space. There's a few tesla coils in there as well, for good measure.

"I'm sorry but we're closed right now, come back later..." A mare's voice comes from the back room, and a young mare, probably no older than her late teens, comes out. Her amber mane is tousled, her copper coat is stained black from machine oil and the creased apron she's wearing is just barely hanging off of her scrawny frame. She stops when she sees the group properly. "Uh... right, you're here for gear, I'm guessing. Right. Right... Uh, Clockwork Gizmo, current owner of Tinkering Gizmo's whatever blah blah blah. Suppose the old man invited you without asking me again."

"Tink, did you tell these kids to come over?" She calls over her shoulder. A few seconds of silence pass, and she tilts her head. "Eugh. Stubborn old coot, he is. Right. So, uh... equipment, equipment. Sorry, a little distracted."

Clockwork takes a moment to scan the group. "You need new gear," she points at Sunset. "You need a proper costume." She points at Daff. "You don't even use gear, why the heck are you here?" She points at Gaia, Zellbriq and Dove Colt. "And you... you're a dog." She points at Inu. She narrows her eyes. "Wait... and a squirrel."
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sliverbrony Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:59 am

Actually ahe is a Timberwolf Zellbriq explains before continueing also I was on a walk with Inu anyway and wanted to see what the others get

Sliverbrony
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:06 pm

"Actually," says Sunset, "they're here 'cuz I took 'em by Windy's for breakfast on the way over. I'm sorta the ride." She pauses to look back at Zell. "We got somethin' for you and Inu, Zell. It's on the passenger seat." Then back to Gizmo. "Speakin' o' rides, once we get the gear 'n' threads situation taken care of, think you can have a look at Ol' Trigger? Used to be the Calamity Bandit's getaway truck, and he left it in a barn to rot for nigh on twenty years after he retired. I gave it some attention already, but most of the gadgets are outdated, chewed up by rats, or rotted out. Poor thing needs some help."

She leans in to add in a hushed whisper, "And we just heard that a storm-callin' Power Pony might be about to do somethin' stupid and get herself 'n' every other pegasus in Maretropolis killed. If you can toss in somethin' to help smack that plan outta her head, that'd be grand, too."
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:50 pm

Daff pokes at a strange box with several springs and gears on it, then turns the crank on the side once, curiously. It gives off a loud, slightly angry ding. Daff does his best to look innocent as he shuffles away from the contraption as Clockwork enters.

"This is Rousseau! He's a dire squirrel. And I'm Daff. I'm an earth pony. And we're here because a pony with no gear is in most need of a gear shop!" he declares.

"Though it's actually Rousseau who might need gear more than me. He does most of the work," he qualifies, pointing a hoof at the squirrel, who has once again gone asleep.

"In the last fight, all of the chemicals everywhere bothered him. Do you have something that could protect his keen eyes and tiny lungs? Maybe for both of us! Oh, and Rousseau and I also brought neat things for you to look at!" he adds.

Daff unslings the big rubber mallet and lays it onto the ground, then adds a playing card to the pile: the 6 of clubs.

Last edited by nightlight on Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
nightlight
nightlight
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sliverbrony Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:57 pm

At the mention of the food the others bought for him Zell asks: Would it spoil if I wait with eating till we leave here?

Sliverbrony
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:11 pm

"Don't see why it would." Gaia answers, looking around with mild interest. "Your city foods are pumped so full of preservative chemicals they practically never rot."

She flips open a music box that starts playing a soft tune, which she raises an eyebrow to. "Nice woodworking."
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

You are (Not) the Heroes IC - Page 12 Empty 2.6

Post  AleneShazam Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:54 pm

"You can just chow down here. The sweeper will clean up." Clockwork waves her hoof dismissively. "Anyway - Zapp? Really? You'd need nothing short of a howitzer to smack anything outta that mare. I need details, sister, the deets are required if you want extra equipment. Anyway, come on in. Don't want anyone walking in while I'm equipping you."

She gestures at the back room and retreats inside, while the front door locks itself. The back room contains a false wall that opens up to a stairwell leading to an underground workshop that's even more cluttered than the store, except this time the clutter is all superhero equipment. Grappling hooks, projectile launchers of all kinds, utility belts, a few jetpacks, and a set of full exo body armor. "The lady first. C'mere. Gotta get your measurements. Pitch me your ideas in the mean time. The rest of you are free to pick up and test anything that suits your fancy. Might even let you keep it if you chip in some bits."
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:22 pm

Dove Colt's gawking intensifies as he enters the workshop, looking at all the superhero equipment with an open mouth. "We can just... like, just use any of these?"

He trots over to something in the shape of a hoof, with all kinds of lights and wires running through it. He pokes a hoof through experimentally, and gasps when he pulls back to find his hoof suddenly missing. He touches the hoof to his face, and when he feels hoof (despite not seeing hoof), he says excitedly, "Guys guys guys, check this out! I found an invisibility device! Sunset, it's like your watch thing!"

He pokes his other hoof through, then experimentally throws his whole person through, rendering his entire body invisible. "Holy cow, this is awesome! I'm invisible!"

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:38 pm

Sunset steps forward, setting her weapons and gear aside and shedding her Trapshot costume. The worn coveralls and leather vest fold themselves into a neat stack on a nearby workbench, and the equally-weathered hat finds its place atop them. The boots come to rest at the foot of the workbench under the rest of the ensemble.

"Big thing I wanna change is all that black," she says as Gizmo starts taking measurements. "The black vest and hat plus the black mask makes me look like a bandit. Make the vest blue and the hat white. I'll stay with the black domino mask and yellow body layer. Oh, and a red bandana around the neck to tie it all together."

She waits for Gizmo to finish her measurements, then recounts the events of yesterday's encounter at the bank, with Gaia and the others present filling in the details Sunset missed due to not understanding Locust and being away from the fight taking care of Quick Note. They highlight how Locust preyed on pegasi for their magic, and how it had been specifically hunting Zapp for her weather-control powers. How that it had been feeding on the residual magic she left behind during her most recent exploits, enough to use her powers against the group during yesterday's fight.

"And now Zapp's figured out that somethin's been stalkin' her," Sunset concludes, "and word is she's thinkin' she's gonna call this thing out for a fight. By herself. No backup. No plan."
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

You are (Not) the Heroes IC - Page 12 Empty 2.7

Post  AleneShazam Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:26 am

"Zapp's proud, not dumb." Clockwork says, doubtfully. "But if you think she needs the help, I can maybe get you some lightning shields for now. I'll need to learn more about these locusts to synthesize something that works specifically against them."

"Kid if you're not careful that'll dematerialize you for good - aight, tall and goofy, you're up. What have you got for me? And bring the squirrel, can't have a little guy like him be unprotected in a fight." Clockwork points first at Dove Colt then at Daff. "No, wait - show me that hammer first."

She turns back to Sunset. "So what, you just want to show up and... what exactly? How are you going to avert this crisis?"
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:07 am

"Whoa, I can't see you at all!" Laughing, Daff pokes a hoof around, trying to find Dove Colt, then laughs. "Marco!"

It takes a few seconds before he realizes that he's tall and goofy. "Well, I- Oh, just a second!" There's a series of thumps as he gallops up the stairwell, then returns a moment later where he once again drops the hammer (and card) in front of Clockwork.

AleneShazam wrote:"So what, you just want to show up and... what exactly? How are you going to avert this crisis?"

"Maybe we can stay hidden, just in case Zapp needs help. And if she does... we... uh... punch whatever will make way to progress!," Daff suggests.
nightlight
nightlight
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:59 am

"Something to capture the creatures would be a start." Gaia says, tapping her chin thoughtfully. "Mere netting or traps would not work. Their ability to transform into lightning, though... can you make something that can trap them while in energy form? Perhaps we can force the swarm to transform into lightning and capture them in that state."
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 32 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 22 ... 32  Next