Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are (Not) the Heroes IC

+4
Senshuken
Espresso
nightlight
Sliverbrony
8 posters

Page 20 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 32  Next

Go down

You are (Not) the Heroes IC - Page 20 Empty Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  jaguargamma Sat May 28, 2016 2:54 am

Almost immediately after she fired, Sunset feels a weight lift from her mind...and then her ears burning again at the sound of Crimson Chef’s long-winded friendship speech.

Right in the middle of said speech, Sunset snaps her weapon toward Low Key and fires the rubber slug in its second barrel, shattering the air with the resulting noise.

Rolls:

jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:14 pm

"So, you've met everypony now," comments the fake Madame Mask to the fake Low Key, "How did you find them? Interesting crew right? Group performances can be so chaotic sometimes."

Meanwhile, the real Madame Mask deciphers the most recent trick...

(Arcana Check: 14 / 16 (Roll) + 19 (Skill) + 10 (Student of the Arcane) = 45)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Sliverbrony Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:38 am

After Dove colt helped Inu to get up again, Zell turns towards him and says: ~Thank you for that. Inu can you fight again?" this last question is answered with a short nod before she slams into their LowKey and begins slashing at him. Seeing Inu get back into the fight, Zell changes into a more feline wooden form, throwign splinters at lowKey during this Process, and also starts slashing at the Villain.

Actions + Status:

Sliverbrony
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

You are (Not) the Heroes IC - Page 20 Empty 2.33

Post  AleneShazam Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:06 am

(Note that because none of the others can see your low key, any conversation will seem one-sided to the other heroes.)

Spell Exposition:

"Quite quaint," Madame's Low Key nods in agreement. "I like the angry red one. So dramatic."

The blast of searing wildfire directed at Gaia's Low Key rolls over the sorcerer, engulfing him completely and when the fire fades, Low Key is gone. She sees the others fighting an invisible foe, but Low Key is nowhere to be seen.

Crimson Chef's Low Key takes a step to steady himself after the blast wave of the gum-ball physically throws him back a few paces. "You know, besides the hurtful assumption that I don't have trusted allies, somehow I doubt I'm the one having to worry about my allies by the end of this." He gets a nasty grin on his face, and launches three bolts of freezing cold air at Chef.

Zell's Low Key grunts as the claws rake across him, before he turns around and delivers a solid buck, followed by a wave of chilling cold, at Zell. "Why do you wolves just not stay down?!"

Dove's Low Key glowers at him. "I'm quite aware of what you can do, child. I'm not taking any chances." he follows that up with a mighty bolt of lightning. The impact rocks his small frame, and the blast of thunder afterwards shakes him to the bone.

Daff's Low Key sighs. "Look, I can admire your work ethic but clearly this isn't working for you. Have you considering acquiring some kind of weapon?" With that, he tries (but doesn't quite manage) to throw him off with a burst of pure magical force.

Sunset's Low Key's head snaps back as the rubber shot pings him in his forehead. Glaring at Sunset, Low Key sighs. "This is getting ridiculous." Rearing back, his hooves light up with coldfire, and he hurls a few balls of blue flames at her.

Oddly enough, Zapp isn't doing anything, just speaking animately in an unfamiliar language while angrily letting off sparks.

(Perception Prompt for Gaia)

Round 6 Ends
Format - Action: Effect (Action Type)
Dove's Low Key - Dove takes 18 damage and is dazed (save ends). Dove can only take a single action per turn while dazed.
Zell's Low Key - Zell takes 8 damage and suffers weakness 5.
Crimson's Low Key - Crimson loses 15 life, takes 9 damage. and suffers weakness 9.
Daff's Low Key - Daff takes 14  damage. Low Key doesn't save against Grappled.
Sunset's Low Key - Sunset takes 8 damage and suffers ongoing 2.
Madame's Low Key - Has a nice conversation.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:36 pm

Sunset uses her hat to shield her eyes again as more blasts of cold wash over her, further adding to the existing pain and cold already wracking her body. As the last wave of coldfire hits, she feels herself starting to buckle, and struggles to steady herself.

As she wills herself to stay on her hooves, her revolvers leave their holsters as well, and one of them cracks off a quick shot at Low Key.

"I'll say," she smirks, her pain obvious in her voice. "I'm whoopin' your highborn butt, 'n' I ain't even thoroughbred. A credit to your race, you ain't."

Rolls:

Last edited by jaguargamma on Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:37 am

"Well, every ensemble needs one," comments Fake Madame Mask. "Don't worry though darling, he's just excited to be on stage again. I'm sure to get his ego reigned in for our future performances."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:30 am

Round 7 Interrupt!
Gaia spots what she presumes to be the real Low Key flying off into the distance, still within chasing range if she chases immediately.

"Mhmm. Seems like a bit of a loose cannon - though, I must admit his... what, explosive confectionaries? His equipment is quite impressive. Can take a beating, too." Madame Mask's Low Key chuckles.

Sunset's Low Key shrugs. "Well, I'm hardly the definition of a pureblood." He gestures dismissively at his windigo-like state. "You'll not catch my sister like this, even on her bad days."
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:49 am

Gaia stops for a moment, breathless after expelling most of the flames within herself. Quickly, she looks around for any other signs of danger, narrowing her eyes at the fleeing Low Key. "Come back here!" She roars, and prepares to take flight.

However, her sensible side immediately beats her predatory nature into submission and reminds her that her allies are likely close to death. Instead of giving chase, she channels wild magic and places a tracking hex onto the fleeing highborn before turning to attend to her teammates, directing a wave of energy at Zellbriq and a surge of life at the clearly almost-dead Sunset.

Mechanical Stuff:
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:30 am

"Nice try, you big bully-" Dove's eyes suddenly flashes, as he pushes his empathetic link to its limit, summoning his flock for one last time. The birds come screaming down, aiming to engulf Low Key in a torrent of feathers, beaks, and claws. If this doesn't do the trick, Dove's perfectly aware that he'll likely not last another hit. "But it's OVER!"

Mechanics:

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:26 am

If there was one benefit to being hit repeatedly by frost spells, it was the fact that after a while you just got numb to the pain. It wasn't a good thing by any stretch of the imagination and in fact it was actually a really bad sign that you needed help immediately, but in the middle of combat it was semi useful.

Breathing rather heavily as his vision started to blur, Crimson did the only thing that he could do in this situation... He pulled out a small bag of back up bad of food stuffs that he had been saving, throwing a couple of chocolate balls into his mouth before hurling the rest at the Low Key before him without a word. It was something of a gamble since unlike the gumballs he normally used, these weren't exactly the most stable of recipes... for every success that allowed him to breath fire, there had been a dozen unstable failures. The gamble paid off through! Not only were his wounds starting to heal a little after he swallowed the chocolate down, but the bad he threw at Low Key exploded in a small but effective boom, filling the air around the super powered villain with burning spice.

The fight was still on!

Actions and Dice Rolls:

Summery:

Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:14 am

The decoy looks towards the small explosions and seems to be in agreement. "Only the best for my group. But enough about us darling, I don't want to spoil all our tricks. I don't suppose you can tell me how much damage was caused from your fantastic escape? Is Supermax completely ruined and everypony inside escaping?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:55 pm

“Oh. Thanks! My boss always says I work r-”

Daff is nearly blasted off by the wave of magic that slams into him. He barely manages to keep a grip on the highborn. Who is a not nice tricky trick pony who distracts ponies with compliments. Which... might have not been real compliments, now that he thinks about it. He's not sure. Gah, no more thinking!

”Now, Rousseau!” Daff yells encouragingly as he bear hugs the other pony.

With Daff holding on, and Rousseau still perched on his head, the squirrel finds himself inches from the ridiculously powerful magical pony. The squirrel bites Low Key on the nose. And holds on.

As Daff struggles to keep a grip on Low Key, the mallet from earlier catches his eye. A weapon's not a bad idea! He stretches his neck out, holding it in his mouth, then pushes away hard from the other pony.

“ARRAFFTHUGGRRRRRRRG!” he yells unintelligibly past the mallet handle as he gallops forward, leaps into the air, then brings down the mallet as hard as he can, throwing all of his weight behind the swing.

SQUEAK!

Reactions:

Actions:

Summary:

nightlight
nightlight
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:35 am

AleneShazam wrote:Sunset's Low Key shrugs. "Well, I'm hardly the definition of a pureblood." He gestures dismissively at his windigo-like state. "You'll not catch my sister like this, even on her bad days."

As Low Key speaks, Sunset picks up on the sounds of violence around her and chances a glance. Most of her teammates are flailing at the air in front of them. Madame Mask (well, one of them) is calmly chatting to seemingly no one. Gaia is sending a pulse of healing energy toward Sunset, seemingly unbothered. Dove Colt looks like he just snapped out of whatever stupor the rest of the team was caught in. Nopony else present seems to take any notice of Low Key standing directly in front of Sunset Raider, and the few not lashing at shadows aren't attacking anything else.

She snaps her attention back to Low Key.

"Seems I wouldn't catch the real Low Key like this on Zapp's bad days either, seein' as how he's runnin' away 'n' leavin' fakes like you for us to deal with. So are ya tryin' to actually finish me off, or are ya just distractin' me 'til he's far enough gone?"

jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:11 am

Round 7 Interrupt
"You wound me, my dear," Sunset's Low key smirks, as he circles Sunset like a wolf around prey. "Are you implying that I'm not a fully functioning mental construct who can survive indefinitely and independent of my creator if not disrupted? I'll have you know I have a wife back home counting on me to defeat you. I'm no mere distraction."

Meanwhile, Mask's Low Key chuckles. "You flatter me, Miss Mask. No, nothing of that magnitude, though I imagine quite a few of the Power Ponies' more dastardly foes are relishing in newfound freedom. Perhaps a few blocks of the street thugs are set loose as well, but really, I was more concerned with my own wellbeing. And I do enjoy giving my competitors a fighting chance."
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:20 pm

AleneShazam wrote:"You wound me, my dear," Sunset's Low key smirks, as he circles Sunset like a wolf around prey. "Are you implying that I'm not a fully functioning mental construct who can survive indefinitely and independent of my creator if not disrupted? I'll have you know I have a wife back home counting on me to defeat you. I'm no mere distraction."

"I believe you. Can't imagine any mare that small 'n' desperate would exist outside o' somepony's mind."
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sliverbrony Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:19 am

~Why we don't stand down? What predator can stand to surrender to his prey?~ Zell barks at his Lowkey, before he starts stalking around him.

Inu meanwhile keeps slashing at her target.

Stuff+ Status:

Sliverbrony
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:15 pm

"I can't complain about that, more work means more performances." Fake Madame Mask gives a look around to the others. "What about you darling? Classic misdirection aside, I'm sure you are already planning your next tricks. Care to give a hint to a fellow illusionist?"

The real Madame Mask magically assists Sunset with the charm in her head, and sends a telepathic message. "Focus darling. I'm sure your witty remarks are done well but you treating it like it is real only secures its existence. Clear your mind."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:04 pm

Sunset casts a smirk toward the Madame Masks as she feels the spell taking hold.

"Call me a heartbreaker, but I'm afraid you're gonna have to disappear now and lemme have my head back."

With that, she closes her eyes and proceeds to clear her mind, like Mask told her...and drowned out her father's disembodied voice (which was still screaming insults and obscenities at her) by letting her favorite Perturbed song play in her mind.

Rolls:

jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

You are (Not) the Heroes IC - Page 20 Empty 2.34

Post  AleneShazam Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:31 pm

"Hmph." Sunset's Low Key shrugs. "Well, you're not really my type anyway. Too much fire to get close. Adieu, mademoiselle." With an exaggerated bow, his form disintegrates, leaving Sunset standing breathless in the field with no visible opponents.

Daff's mighty hammer swing comes crashing down onto Low Key, but instead of making contact, the hammer passes right through Low Key, squeaking against the concrete and actually casting up a shockwave. Low Key stares down at his body for a moment, which has a gap in the middle from the path of the swing, seemingly confused, before throwing his head back and laughing. "I like you," He decides, smirking, even as the mental form disintegrates into mist and disperses, leaving nothing behind.

Dove's Low Key disappears under a wave of feathers, and when the flock passes, all that's left is empty space.

Zapp appears to have calmed down somewhat, simply having her eyes closed and breathing heavily.

"Well, I have to admit that your group is considerable more competent than I had assumed," Madame's Low Key smiles ruefully. "If I'm to be honest, I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel as to what a projected thought form can do to stop you ponies. Besides, I have what I want. No sense in lingering in this city anymore."

The remaining Low Keys save for Madame's Low Key freeze, and fragment into nothingness. "Congratulations, you win." Low Key chuckles, before turning and walking away, melting into the shadows of the radio tower and leaving nothing behind. (Arcana prompt for Madame)

End of Combat
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:45 pm

Seeing that her companions appear to have quieted down, Gaia allows herself a quick sigh of relief before quickly moving to treat the wounded, lingering in her wild form for long enough to send waves of healing energy out to patch up the worst of the damage.

"Stay still - this might sting a little," She warns, pushing green energy out towards the injured. "I can check for any more extensive injuries once we're sure it's safe."

With a roar and a flash of green wild magic she also conjures up a localized shower of rain, to hopefully clear out some of the debris from the fight.

Heal Check:
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:04 pm

The fake Madame Mask tidies herself up a bit and moves towards the group. "For a performance that started as rough as it did," she begins, "We managed to smooth things out quite well I think."

The real Madame Mask watches on as Low Key disappears...

(Arcana Check: 13 / 17 (Roll) + 19 (Skill) + 10 (Student of the Arcane) = 46)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:36 pm

Sunset opens her eyes and confirms that Low Key is gone...and then begins to shiver as the adrenaline rush subsides and lets her hypothermia take over. Gaia’s healing wave relieved her headache and the sting from the feather darts enough that Sunset isn’t feeling faint.

She takes a deep breath and returns her weapons to their holsters.

Rolls:

jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

You are (Not) the Heroes IC - Page 20 Empty 2.35

Post  AleneShazam Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:02 am

Madame Mask can tell that the constructed Low Key did not fully disappear, traces of Low Key's magic still lingering in its last vestiges. With its current strength she should have no problems purging it from her mind, but at the same time it does not appear to be doing anything in particular. She also gets the distinct feeling that in some sense it's a parting gift (of the actually positive sort) from Low Key, though where that feeling comes from she has no idea.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:43 pm

Daff stares at the empty air, then looks around, worriedly. A few seconds later, he finally begins to relax. Daff scoops Rousseau up from his head and hugs him. The squirrel gives a squeak in protest. Then, Daff sits down on the ground, hard, putting down the mallet next to him.

As he looks from one to the others, he finds most of the others had been very injured. Daff himself kind of feels like he tried licking one of the walls of the ice cream freezer and has been slowly turning into a ponyscicle all day. Not that he'd know exactly what that felt like, or anything. He finds himself shaking a little. His gaze goes to Gaia last, who gives a roar, sending a wave of green magic dancing across the team. It stings a little.

"Ow!" He gives a slightly embarrassed, thankful smile at Gaia.

The extra energy from the healing builds into excitement. "We were awesome! You were like doves! And you did the wolf stuff, and you had all these big rawrs and you were like bang bang BOOM, and there were flames everywhere! And Zapp kind of went zap! And you-" his happy declaration stalls a little "talked a lot?" he blinks at Madame Mask, confused. "Why weren't you fighting, too?" he asks, baffled.
nightlight
nightlight
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:10 pm

"We're both illusionists darling," answers the Madame Mask, "It might have looked like I was doing nothing, but I can assure you there was a great battle of the minds behind the scenes."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 32  Next