Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC)

+15
Xel Unknown
The Warrior of Many Faces
Yawnmon
AProcrastinatingWriter
Commander Shepard
Stairc -Dan Felder
Philadelphus
Dr Blight
Videocrazy
Demonu
Masterweaver
elfowlgirl
Ramsus
Cardbo
XandZero2
19 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC) - Page 39 Empty Re: The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC)

Post  Yawnmon Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:23 pm

Cardbo wrote:Granted Coffee's perception is horrible, but he might get lucky.
Bad choice of words dude (or maybe the perfect choice of words).
XandZero2 wrote:As far as FR goes, I'm thinking it's a near-death experience type of thing, so maybe you would get the ability when you come close to nearly losing the race - in other words, being in last place and 3 bands behind? Once you got that far behind once, the bloodied effect would trigger for the rest of the race.
Alright. Sounds good to me.
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC) - Page 39 Empty Re: The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC)

Post  Cardbo Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:36 pm

Yawnmon wrote:
Cardbo wrote:Granted Coffee's perception is horrible, but he might get lucky.
Bad choice of words dude (or maybe the perfect choice of words).

Pun intended. Really, I'm not sure whether she wants to arrest Coffee, make love or a rematch on last night's fight. XD
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:15 am

Urgh. Is Coffee in for the whole "mare scorned" thing?
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:42 am

^You'll just have to wait and see (;

BTW - This is one thing that I really do like about PBPs. I would never have the guts to roleplay romantic encounters in a tabletop RP!
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:46 am

Yes, unless you have some amazingly mature (and sense of humor deprived) players it would basically always end in a fit of giggling.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:20 pm

Tried involving some romantic NPC characters in a game I ran when I was 16. Most of my friends are/were fairly mature for their age but I wasn't able to do a very good job of it and those characters were gone by the end of their first session. I know some other DM's who've done a great job of it even in a tabletop setting though, but play-by-post definitely seems like the best place for it.
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:26 am

Yeah, I imagine some GMs can pull it off, but I find romantic involvements difficult in a tabletop/real-time RP for two main reasons:

1. I may be a hopeless romantic, but I find it difficult to come up with good romantic dialogue on the spot.

2. I usually like to have voices for my characters too, but I feel just a tad-bit awkward when I'm trying to sound like a woman (Unless the woman's an old hag. I'm good at those. Get them my pretties! Eh heh heh heh heh!).

-I'm much more comfortable with that sort of thing over a PBP though.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:38 pm

Carbo, make sure the promise involves not messing with your friends.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:54 pm

Ramsus wrote:Carbo, make sure the promise involves not messing with your friends.

If it works, it'll do more than that.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:49 pm

Cardbo wrote:
Ramsus wrote:Carbo, make sure the promise involves not messing with your friends.

If it works, it'll do more than that.

And really, thats the rub. I'm imagining it coming down to something like this.

CM: But at least promise me onething.

CF: Anything.

CM: Always put my needs ahead of your own.

Basically I've having her promise to always act in my best interest, with the added benefit, that I can always claim to need something or other.

Of course, I don't know if its going to go down like that.

Anyone want to make suggestions?
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:34 pm

Cardbo wrote:CM: But at least promise me onething.

That'd be great, but I doubt you could actually get her to agree to that. Maybe find a way to say the same thing, but in a more subtle way.
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:11 am

Yawnmon wrote:
Cardbo wrote:CM: But at least promise me onething.

That'd be great, but I doubt you could actually get her to agree to that. Maybe find a way to say the same thing, but in a more subtle way.

I hoping she's either too impatient to consider what she's agreeing to or will only agree because she has no intention to keep it. Technically, Pinkie Promise should proc once she's said "anything", as she's already agreed to it, sight unseen. However, if anypony knows of a subtler way of saying it, I'm open to suggestions.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:38 pm

Something else occured to me. If nothing else, Coffee has a type advantage against Captain Force. Captain Force is either a Fighting or Poison type, or possibly a Fighting/Poison type, and Coffee is a Psychic. Captain Force could have up to a 4X weakness!

On another note, I think Blade Blocker is going to need to start wearing a face mask, because he just became
"The Red Comet".
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:43 pm

I guess that makes Whisper Normal/Ghost type. Because that makes a ton of sense right?

Chitin: Bug/Psychic
Blade Blocker: Fighting/Flying
Gleeda: Electric/Fighting
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:58 pm

considering the changes she's gone through. I'd say she's more Bug/Dark type
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:43 pm

^Don't forget that Gleeda has Levitate (;

...And Captain Force might just be Fighting and Dark... MWAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:14 pm

XandZero2 wrote:^Don't forget that Gleeda has Levitate (;

...And Captain Force might just be Fighting and Dark... MWAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!

Nah. She's definitely a Fighting-type, but she's absolutely not Dark. She'd have to be more emo and goth-like for that.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:28 am

Ramsus wrote:I guess that makes Whisper Normal/Ghost type. Because that makes a ton of sense right?

Chitin: Bug/Psychic
Blade Blocker: Fighting/Flying
Gleeda: Electric/Fighting
Wow, these are some really weird types. Normal/Ghost obviously being the weirdest... and Blade's got a lot of weaknesses D:
Flying, Psychic, Electric & Ice are all Super Effective and in return I get 1/2 damage from Dark, Fighting & Grass, 1/4 damage from Bug and immunity to Ground.
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:05 am

^Hey, at least you get resistance and immunity to two of the best attacking types in the game (those being ground and fighting, since they both are super-effective against 4 types each).

And as for Captain Force not being a Dark type...

-I'd like to argue that in Pokemon, Dark-types don't necessarily mean emo or goth. If you think about it, most dark-types are aggressive, tough, bruiser, bullying types - like Tyranitaur, Sharpedo, Bishairp, and Crookodile just to name a few. Also, most Dark-type users are actually bikers, thugs, and gang-bangers. In my book, that basically translates to even more bruisers and shifty types - bullies, punks, etc.

Captain Force fits the bill pretty well if you ask me (;
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:43 am

Hey Xand. If Airborne get's more than 3 band widths behind me does he also automatically lose?
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:02 pm

XandZero2 wrote:^Hey, at least you get resistance and immunity to two of the best attacking types in the game (those being ground and fighting, since they both are super-effective against 4 types each).

And as for Captain Force not being a Dark type...

-I'd like to argue that in Pokemon, Dark-types don't necessarily mean emo or goth. If you think about it, most dark-types are aggressive, tough, bruiser, bullying types - like Tyranitaur, Sharpedo, Bishairp, and Crookodile just to name a few. Also, most Dark-type users are actually bikers, thugs, and gang-bangers. In my book, that basically translates to even more bruisers and shifty types - bullies, punks, etc.

Captain Force fits the bill pretty well if you ask me (;

Nah. Fighting types are the bruisers. If they're dark as well, that just means that they've got a big old soft, sensitive center as well. After all, Fighting types get a 2x offensive against Dark types.

If you look at the stuff used by Team Rocket, the stereotypical bad guys, what do you see, mostly poison types. Crobat, Nido-king/queen, Ekans, Coffing, Grimer, Skunktank etc. etc. Poison types. And Captain Force is quite the bad girl.

On another note, I just kinda realized, but now that Genetic Engineering has come out, unicorns seem to be a little underpowered. They're only 3 points, compared to a standard 6pt race.

They get Ponykinesis is which probably worth 1 pt and Finishing School which is 2. Would I be able to add some extras to him to fill out the other 3?

Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:16 pm

Wait, you hadn't already done that? I'm pretty sure the rest of us already did that stuff. (Though we may have discussed it on Skype and not here....)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:29 pm

I guess I'm behind the times.

Ok. Taking
We’re Just Good At This Stuff (1) - Perception
We’re Just Good At This Stuff (1) - Persuasion
Sharp Eyes (1) + 3 Perception.

Which really nicely covers most of Coffee's weaknesses.

So lets say he got the LASIK to fix his horrible eyesight, and has been reading "How To Win Friends And Influence Ponies"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:53 pm

the actual dark/fighting type in the game is modeled on a gang-banger and is characterized by trying to beat the hell out of anything that locks eyes with it.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:58 pm

Dr Blight wrote:the actual dark/fighting type in the game is modeled on a gang-banger and is characterized by trying to beat the hell out of anything that locks eyes with it.

So its gang-banger that write poetry on weekends, when no one can see him. Razz
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next