Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up

+8
Brony 7 of 9
tygerburningbright
Masterweaver
Doc pseudopolis
Ramsus
RavenscroftRaven
Xel Unknown
LoganAura
12 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up Empty Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up

Post  LoganAura Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:14 pm

I just want to have a session related to persona 4 after watching the anime/reading the manga/playing the game/reading an LP and stuff. Here's the things about it though.

1.) Due to the concept, all PCs must have a backstory and an Inner Demon, or a Shadow.
2.) The Persona System will need a small bit of work. Anypony with some sort of knowledge of Persona 4 can help mess around with it. The following would need to be worked on.
a- Social Links

b- Personas themselves
d- Arcana relations
e- Items and Equipment other than just the Treasure Hoard

f- the PH being thwacked in the head for his Tarot Obsession
g- Other assorted things that come to mind in creation.
3.) I, as the PH... want to take part ^u^''' So totally bucking UNDER powered DMNPC may occur. maybe,
4.) other stuff that comes to mind.

Sheets:
Raven: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VO9DADBxdzaoerW5-voYpn5rOnTNI0dKqvAKev5LKU4/edit Weapons are Kitchen utensils, Armor is normal clothes. Arcana is Death
Ramsus: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O_OnysWNlTN6OSfWHimHcgqpqytSae_uTg1i7I5A3CE/edit Weapons are drone upgrades. Armor are goggles. Arcana is Sun
Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KYO1dkXEjEke2nXz8X-fzt5jGAUzwyUDcWMGWjGwzpg/edit Weapons are scalpels and knives. Armor is medical stuff. Arcana is Justice
Xel: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oWlJCh1Yqg4R86R2wPYb5ZSOKAb0rf8u9XktySMGSeU/edit weapons are bombs, Armor is shoes. Arcana is Moon
Ping: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_C8PHRYMy_3HSoc2KPIptjDxms5lb3r8Fc8_mvgof4k/edit Weapons are shoes, armor is clothes, arcana is Fortune.
Caden: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1om_vBpYcBmHAyiGuNTW4pyc6d0LAG1uekHbHksX97CU/edit Weapons are Axes/Guitars, Armor is Earrings/coustume pieces, Arcana is Star

Social Links:
Fool- Party
Hanged Man- Shiro
Moon- Rumor Mill
Justice- Nanako
Hierophant- Dojima
Magician- Arcana

Last edited by LoganAura on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:13 pm; edited 10 times in total
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up Empty Re: Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:27 pm

LoganAura wrote:3.) I, as the PH... want to take part ^u^''' So totally bucking UNDER powered DMNPC may occur. maybe
As long as the HIGH possiblity of said character, I'd personally feel, SHOULD NOT be allowed to live throughout the whole campaign and somehow be killed... I'm in... Might even take a reworked version of Zeela.

Just... What Show Cannon point we playing at? And this going to be Play by Post or a Skype game?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up Empty Re: Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up

Post  LoganAura Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:44 pm

DMPC is going to be more like early game Teddie, just with full stats and stuff. and if you really want the DMPC to die sometime during the campaign, I might be a bit... tentative about allowing you :/ The DMPC just has various Scan abilities and a sh-t ton of Freaky Knowledges.
Canon? Very loose. the game takes place in Inabuck Neighpon, a place that lacks contact with, and is on the opposite side of the world as, Equestria.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:47 pm

Ok... It may live... If you can pull of a good teddie-ish character (from what little I know of said character) I think he'll win us over and be worthy of living despite being a sin aganst gaming.

Alright, so it'll play off as more Persona-ish setting with ponies... Mmm.... Not sure what to think about that.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:53 pm

If you're not sure about the game, you don't need to apply. I won't be upset Smile
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:59 pm

I didn't say anything about not wanting to join... Just... It'll be harder for me given the fact I've never played the game nor watched said show... Or anything like that...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:02 am

I quite enjoyed P3 and P4, and the animes were decent as well.

The question is though: Skype or PBP?

Also, this would be heavy-homebrew, GURPS or BESM may fit better than Ponytales at such a customization, though I think its still possible. You've got my interest piqued.

Persona combat abilities, give some more powerful combat tricks that are [0] pips, but deal % of health damage as you use them. It would be easiest for none of us to control the power of the Fool (the Main), but instead be stuck with one persona (maybe two as a Destiny bonus).

[EDIT: Set of pony tarot cards: http://fuckyesrainbowdash.tumblr.com/post/10247088105/my-little-pony-tarot-cards ]
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:09 am

AAaaaaaah. Misunderstood Sad Sorry.
Someone else would be better at explaining it without spoilers though *Nod*

The game'd be PBP since I'm low on free time and I don't want another case of "Herding Cats" to occur. And the reason I want to use Pony Tales is because that's really what I have the most experience with. I don't even know what GURPS or BESM are :/
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:10 am

Ok I have a.... first batch of questions. (If you/your game passes there may be more? I dunno.) Firstly, is this going to be a Skype or Play by Post game. (I ask because I can really only do PbP's right now.) Secondly, how much info about the Persona setting do we need to be able to play? (For example, the only thing I knew is that the goal is to shoot yourself in the head. (Ok, I know that's not really the goal and possibly isn't even a thing in the 4th game.)) Thirdly, how dark would this game be? Fourthly, what rules setup are you using? (Examples: Classic Pony Tales Rules, New PT Rules (no racial barrier on utilities), My soon(?) to be an official optional racial rules (obviously goes with no racial barriers), a banana.) Fifthly, regardless of what rule setup you're using, would I be able to play an "earth pony" with the racial traits of a pegasus via flying on a hoverboard and such devices of his own crafting? Sixthly, if so, would it be an at all logical goal for this character to want to go to the moon under his own power? (I don't necessarily mean feasible, I just mean would it make any sense at all.) Seventhly, may characters originate elsewhere, say from Equestria, and be new to Inabuck Neighpon?

Edit: Dangit, forgot to ask about the GMPC. How much would this character effect the direction of play? Personally I'm really against GMPCs but, from Xel's description Teddie sounds almost more like a companion NPC than a true GMPC. So yeah, would he be a tool for railroading us/steering us in/away from certain directions? Basically, what are your intentions with my daughter it?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:19 am

To answer Ramsus,
1.) Play By Post.
2.) You just need a basic understanding of Persona 4's general plot. You can ask one of the other people to give you the non-spoilery rundown. The shooting into the head thing is from 3, but if you really want to have to shoot yourself in the head.....
3.) Persona is a dark game, so it will generally be a dark-ish game.
4.) You /can/ use the racial ideas of yours, but I personally would prefer keeping the basics of the the races. I'll allow your Flying Earth Pony if you take away one of the awesome racials to get it.
5.) Hoverboard... maybe. try something a bit less futuristic like a helicopter board?
6.) Really. Moon? Heh, sure.
7.) They can. Just need to be at most college- equivilant age.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:22 am

Spoiler-free summary of the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona universe? And 4 in particular?

Here we go: Everyone has a dark side. Most people go through life just fine knowing they'll never need to look into the abyss, never need the abyss to look back at them. But some aren't as lucky. They are thrust into the darkest reaches of their inner psyche and forced to gaze upon the true them, and to accept that horrible part of themselves, or drown in the darkness of their damned soul. Those that make the plunge, and join with their true Selves, can gain power unheard of by mortals.

But few, if any, are ever given this choice. Inevitably, destiny is not laid at one's feet, but envelops them, and threatens to consume them.
(Protagonist) recently moved to the small town, living with his uncle and young cousin. Less than a season since he integrated himself into the community, the events began occuring. One day, a woman was found dead, mangled, hanging from up high on off the top of a telephone pole, with every wound and injury found to be post-mortum. Thus begins the tale of young investigators, forced to face off into the abyss, but this time, it isn't just the abyss that looks back.

...And there's hopping into TVs to fight monsters and really decent J-pop music. Dungeons in the game are a person's inner psyche (for example, one wants to be a princess, so hers is a big castle), and characters use the power of "persona", quite literally a manifestation of their inner demons, to investigate the mysterious murder, defeat monsters, and hopefully stop the next one from happening. I'm probably missing a few points, but nothing I can say well without spoiling at least the first dungeon.

EDIT: Teddie is an absolutely un-bear-able voice-in-the-sky character that informs you of if you're hitting your enemies' weak points or if you're bear-ly effecting them. He does have weapons he can bring to bear, but the one that causes the most damage is his awful, awful bear puns.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:31 am

You guys can post the /character/ sheets in here, but you'll need to send me the Dark Side of the pony in the pm. Not nessacarily anything really dark, but just something that the pony would want hidden from the world, or something about themselves that they're afraid of.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:37 am

And while it doesn't have to be dark, most of the ones from the game are rather deep-seated identity crises. There are some exceptions: One person had crippling boredom living in the small town from being from the big city, but most of them were schisms between what they were, and what the world wanted them to be.

Do you want just the dark secret, or do you want the dark side? I'm personally in favour of the former, to give even the player a bit of a surprise.

Game spoiler:

Last edited by RavenscroftRaven on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:45 am

Ah, well I was actually planning to build him exactly identical to how Pegasi already are really. So I'm guessing that would be ok then?

As for the hoverboard, would I be allowed to have it be more "hoverboardy" if I was having him use magic to power the hovering part? I figure that'd be a pretty simple application of magic, "add force/thrust". Because I was envisioning him being a sorta magi-techy mechanic sorta guy in addition to a daredevil.

You didn't answer my questions about the GMPC (but I'm getting less worried about it given people's responses, also I'm going to be really disappointed if it does not involve horrible puns), though it was an edit so you might have just missed them.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:55 am

I'm need to ask... My first thoughts are playing a Post-Greendale Zeela so my question is this: Can I by chance play the character, as she is? (reset to level one, but keeping her skills she learned from her old game if possible. But I have to, I'll rebuild her somehow.)
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:07 am

Missed the edits.
Ramsus, I'll send you a pm in a few minutes.
Yes, there'll be a lot of terrible puns, I'll just need to give a general idea of them, and the GMPC is more of a companion, yes.

and Xel, you can have the same pony, but I'd prefer if you don't have the flaws that were given to you in the Season campaign. Don't want anypony to start at a disadvantage.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:20 am

Ok... I can rationalize that flaw away by saying she had learned how to handle being half blind... But having her backstory include all of the Greendale events is fine, right?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:44 am

Well, I'm sure a pair of Standard Issue ™ Handy-dandy glasses can fix any eyesight problems.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:52 am

Or Bee-lazer eye surgery. jocolor
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:13 am

Ramsus wrote:Or Bee-lazer eye surgery. jocolor
Or you know just outright replacing the eyes.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:19 am

Staking claim here since this might take me a bit. Brash Landing's Element is Loyalty.

Edit: I have a question, can I take some of the unofficial combat stuff? In particular I kinda want to take Xel's Bee Summon.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:32 am

Claim-staking? Okay...

I'll be using an Earth Pony, named "Icing Sugar". He's going to be an Element of Laughter.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:34 am

Zeela; Element of Magic... Winged Zebra er I mean pegasus. I'll be said character's bio and will be linking the sheet for this campaign here.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:25 am

I submit: Brash Landing!

I'll send a PM soon. Sent.

I'll work on his background info stuff soon. Decided to do that first, then send the PM.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:52 am

you need to run anything unofficial by me, but the bee summon is not allowed; that PiP gain ability is much too overpowered ESPECIALLY for a low pip summon and a + PiP ability. Also, I like how Brash has "earth pony".

I still need to get some of the ideas from the 1st page done before anything.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next