Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race: Sleipnir

2 posters

Go down

Race: Sleipnir Empty Race: Sleipnir

Post  Greywander Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:08 am

Let me preface this by saying that there's a lot of personal headcanon here. A while back, I came up with a comic/fic storyline that centered around a sleipnir protagonist (in this setting, sleipnir were sort of demigods on the same tier as alicorns). A side character that would have made a brief appearance was the hero's sister, none other than the reaper pony herself, who also happens to be a semicorporeal ghost (she looks mostly like a normal pony, except in direct moonlight). So some of what's here is taken from the ideas I came up with while developing that story, which, sadly (or maybe for the best), never saw the light of day. The original Sleipnir also has a strong association with both Loki and Odin in Norse mythology, giving plenty of goodies to draw on.
Another note on ghosts, according to my headcanon, they are normally only visible to normal ponies when they are in direct moonlight (ambient light during the night, or a cloudy night, or a new moon are all not enough to illuminate them). They fear the living, and so tend to hide during the day.

New version, for Genetic Engineering Xpack, 6 point version

Winterborn (1)
Characters of your race are immune to cold, and remain conscious even when frozen solid. If you are frozen in a block of ice, you must make an athletics check to break free. Characters of your race can also create puffs of icy breath at will.

Magical Attunement (1)
Your race can use perception to detect magic, though this does not let them decipher exactly what the magic does - that requires arcane knowledge.

Fast As Lightning (2) - Magic
By spending a Magic Point, a character of your race can move at a rate of a 50 miles-per-second for the next minute. However, few of your race can endure a full minute at this pace. Moving at this blistering speed is incredibly dangerous; a character of your race takes 1d20 damage for each second spent moving at this speed.

Cutie Mark (2) [Pony Tales Characters Only]
Characters of your race gain a cutie mark. Check with your DM if you want to use one of these for a non-traditional creature, like a Minotaur or Griffon.

Old version before Genetic Engineering Xpack was released, for archival purposes, and potential utility talents.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Greywander on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updating)
Greywander
Greywander
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Race: Sleipnir Empty Re: Race: Sleipnir

Post  Greywander Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:47 am

Sleipnir updated to work with the Genetic Engineering expansion pack. Modified the Fireborn racial trait to make the Winterborn trait.

Does anyone actually care about sleipnir, or am I the only one who thinks they're cool?
Greywander
Greywander
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Race: Sleipnir Empty Re: Race: Sleipnir

Post  Whiteeyes Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:08 am

Ride swiftly Shadow Flax!
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard