Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

+35
Pingcode
Lyntermas
Lifeforce
Fury of the Tempest
Yawnmon
Z2
Azureink
sunbeam
Doc pseudopolis
A1C Bronymous
Kindulas
Nehiel Mori
Dr Blight
Grey Pen The Flawed
Videocrazy
Hayatecooper
The Warrior of Many Faces
Cardbo
Caden2112
Philadelphus
Whiteeyes
RavenscroftRaven
elfowlgirl
LoganAura
Paper Shadow
Appkes
SilentBelle
tygerburningbright
thematthew
Xel Unknown
Jason Shadow
Zarhon
AProcrastinatingWriter
Ramsus
Stairc -Dan Felder
39 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 21 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  Nehiel Mori Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:47 am

Paper Shadow wrote:
New question though, does morale bonuses stack? For example, if someone uses Instant-Party, and then a second person uses Instant-Party as well, does a person who participates in both parties get a +2 morale boost? What if someone uses Party Everyday as well? Is it a +3 morale boost (all boosts stack), a +2 morale boost (the two Instant-Parties don't stack together, but Instant-Party and Party Everyday does), or just a +1 morale boost (no morale bonus stack)?

Same ruling as Save ends actually. Morale boosts stack, but not from the same source. The same source doesn't matter from where it originates, just whats giving it. So insta party will not stack but insta party and party everyday will.
Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 21 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:02 am

Nehiel Mori wrote:
Paper Shadow wrote:
New question though, does morale bonuses stack? For example, if someone uses Instant-Party, and then a second person uses Instant-Party as well, does a person who participates in both parties get a +2 morale boost? What if someone uses Party Everyday as well? Is it a +3 morale boost (all boosts stack), a +2 morale boost (the two Instant-Parties don't stack together, but Instant-Party and Party Everyday does), or just a +1 morale boost (no morale bonus stack)?

Same ruling as Save ends actually. Morale boosts stack, but not from the same source. The same source doesn't matter from where it originates, just whats giving it. So insta party will not stack but insta party and party everyday will.
Cool, cool...

Edit: New question. This might sound crazy, but can the Self-Discovery Level 7 states you gain the level 4 feature of a destiny of your choice. Can I use this with the Self-Discovery Level 4 feature to get two more utility talents? If so, can I then use the Self-Discovery Level 10 feature to get another copy of the Level 7 feature? I wanna see how many times a single character can get the Freaky Knowledge utility talent...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:27 am

Yep. Same question was asked a while ago for the trainings it origianlly was.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:42 am

LoganAura wrote:Yep. Same question was asked a while ago for the trainings it origianlly was.
Okay, sweet. I think that means a Level 10 character can have Freaky Knowledge 16 times, giving him a +5 bonus to 32 different areas of interest. Not sure what you'd do with all that knowledge, but it's still pretty cool...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Nehiel Mori Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:49 pm

You would be like a god, walking amongst mere mortals.
Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:00 pm

New Question regarding Freaky Knowledge: If I have Freaky Knowledge in, say, Doors and Hammers, and I want to knock down a door with a hammer, would I get a +5 bonus to the skill check or a +10 bonus?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Nehiel Mori Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:28 pm

+10
Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:24 am

For Deathwatch, does the GM need to tell a full number about HP or can it be used vaguely like how the Robes of The Reaper work?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:22 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:For Deathwatch, does the GM need to tell a full number about HP or can it be used vaguely like how the Robes of The Reaper work?

You need a solid number, otherwise that defeats the purpose Very Happy
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:27 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
LoganAura wrote:Yep. Same question was asked a while ago for the trainings it origianlly was.
Okay, sweet. I think that means a Level 10 character can have Freaky Knowledge 16 times, giving him a +5 bonus to 32 different areas of interest. Not sure what you'd do with all that knowledge, but it's still pretty cool...

Paper Shadow wrote:New Question regarding Freaky Knowledge: If I have Freaky Knowledge in, say, Doors and Hammers, and I want to knock down a door with a hammer, would I get a +5 bonus to the skill check or a +10 bonus?

Nehiel Mori wrote:+10

Sooo, unlikely as it is, 32 * 5 is... 160.

Meep.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:31 pm

It you're able to find more then six different topics that'd somehow be mixed together, you totally DESRIVE that bonus. XD
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:22 pm

Grey Pen wrote:
Paper Shadow wrote:

Paper Shadow wrote:New Question regarding Freaky Knowledge: If I have Freaky Knowledge in, say, Doors and Hammers, and I want to knock down a door with a hammer, would I get a +5 bonus to the skill check or a +10 bonus?

Nehiel Mori wrote:+10

Sooo, unlikely as it is, 32 * 5 is... 160.

Meep.
If you manage to get all 32 freaky knowledge facts in a single skill check, I think you deserve a +160 bonus...

Also, I managed to, technically, get Freaky Knowledge 19+X times (X being your amount of magic points), but since it involves your element, 2 chances to blow yourself up, and a level 3 boon, I think it's safer just to aim for 16+X with the Magic Element...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:04 pm

Do status effects like Blinded effect crit effects? Similarly do crit effects that deal damage count as Attacks for things like Meditate or Wild Abandon?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:02 am

I don't notice cloudwalking to exist anywhere on the whole player's handbook outside of the Pegasus racials. So how does one deal with the issue of giving cloudwalking powers to a non-pegasus race? Should cloudwalking boots just work as flavor or should they cost real bits?

Also Flame On, does it ruin clothing when used unless it's fireproofed? If you need it firepoored, should such fireproofing cost bits to use?

I ask, because I tried having both fireproofing and a pair of cloudwalking boots cost bits, the same bits that use the items doc gold system, and finding it not being useful and only stopping me from getting the best out of my level gold limit.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:14 am

Ramsus- If I remember right, you flip before you roll, so if you fail the coin flip, then you don't roll for the crit. As for the Specials, Dan'd need to say it.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:52 am

Yes, I'm sure you flip before the roll that triggers it. I was just wondering if the crit itself needed to roll for Blindness too since it isn't part of whatever attack triggered it.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:15 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:I don't notice cloudwalking to exist anywhere on the whole player's handbook outside of the Pegasus racials. So how does one deal with the issue of giving cloudwalking powers to a non-pegasus race? Should cloudwalking boots just work as flavor or should they cost real bits?

Also Flame On, does it ruin clothing when used unless it's fireproofed? If you need it firepoored, should such fireproofing cost bits to use?

I ask, because I tried having both fireproofing and a pair of cloudwalking boots cost bits, the same bits that use the items doc gold system, and finding it not being useful and only stopping me from getting the best out of my level gold limit.
Um... I goina get an answer on my questions? >.>
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:50 pm

Sorry Xel. I'm not sure myself, so wait for the creators to answer

And Ramsus, I guess I misunderstood. I think probably not, as it's more of an additional effect, but don't hold me too that. The ones who work on the game design should probably be able to answer that better than me.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:23 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:I don't notice cloudwalking to exist anywhere on the whole player's handbook outside of the Pegasus racials. So how does one deal with the issue of giving cloudwalking powers to a non-pegasus race? Should cloudwalking boots just work as flavor or should they cost real bits?

If I were to make guesses...

In the case of pegasi, hippogriffs and griffins, the flight talent is the one which provides cloudwalk, so I think the flight talent and racial trait should be updated to include that (although if they add it to It's Almost Like Flying as well I'll be happy with that, but they most likely won't). As for cloudwalking boots, I think it depends on if the GM needs them to be flavour (say if a good chunk of the campaign takes place in the clouds) or not, and even then, their are better options for the GM to give players temporary cloud walking, such as magic or potions. If the player wants cloudwalking boots for the talent of cloud walking, it should cost them...

As for Flame On, I don't think players should be penalised for taking it, and as far as I know the item system is balanced around being able to sell your items at full price, so to have your character have to spend bits to not lose items when using Flame On is kinda bad, as items either cost more or you lose items. That said, I guess it's up to the GM and player to decide if they wish for items to be destroyed by the flame...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:28 pm

I think the "weathercrafting" utility talent also provides the cloudwalking ability, in addition to flying. It's kind of a must, weathercrafting can't really work well without cloud manipulation (but it can and should work without flying, thanks to its huge range). Makes it tough to justify making a earth pony with weathercrafting if he can't walk or touch the clouds he's manipulating.

But the show has been inconsistent with clouds as well... "Baby Cakes" has Pinkie Pie holding (and juggling) a "cloud baby", while "Wonderbolt Academy" shows us a cloud that was made dense enough to act like a trampoline for a bunch of non-pegasi ponies.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:57 pm

Blindness related questions:

1) If you would miss an attack or similar effect due to blindness, do you end up paying/gaining it's PiP value, or are they unspent/ungained due to the attack doing nothing? The handbook says you flip for blindness prior to the attack, so it's a bit vague...

2) How does blindness affect "crescendo" if it "misses"? Do you miss with all of its separate attacks (and potentially lose 10 PiPs), or do you flip a coin for each attack?

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:09 am

Zarhon wrote:Blindness related questions:

1) If you would miss an attack or similar effect due to blindness, do you end up paying/gaining it's PiP value, or are they unspent/ungained due to the attack doing nothing? The handbook says you flip for blindness prior to the attack, so it's a bit vague...

2) How does blindness affect "crescendo" if it "misses"? Do you miss with all of its separate attacks (and potentially lose 10 PiPs), or do you flip a coin for each attack?

You always spend/gain pips prior to the move activating

I'm not sure about the blind... It's technically 1 standard attack with multiple effects... you probably roll once.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:36 am

Per crescendo, you can handle it both ways with the coin flips - as it's the same expected damage result regardless. So handle it whichever way you prefer. One flip means faster gameplay, more flips means less chance of wasting all those pips. Your DM can impose a universal rule regarding coin flips or let you decide how you want to handle it on a case-by-case basis.

I recommend assuming that you can cloud-walk if you can fly and use whatever flavor you need to make it make sense without demanding any of the party's gold.

Ramsus wrote:Yes, I'm sure you flip before the roll that triggers it. I was just wondering if the crit itself needed to roll for Blindness too since it isn't part of whatever attack triggered it.

Currently, crits don't trigger blindness - as they're technically not keyworded as either attcks or utilities. That might change at some point, but right now they don't. We prefer it if crits get to be awesome, and missing a coin-flip on a special you trigger would feel absolutely awful.

Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:56 am

Hm...What if you trigger the d12 derpy's lightning crit, which triggers an attack? Does the coin flip apply there?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:04 am

sunbeam wrote:Hm...What if you trigger the d12 derpy's lightning crit, which triggers an attack? Does the coin flip apply there?

You are making an attack, so yes. But you don't need to flip to trigger the D12 itself, just to resolve whatever attack it ends up letting you use.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next