Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Arctic Advent - IC

+4
Ramsus
Caden2112
LoganAura
SilentBelle
8 posters

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Go down

An Arctic Advent - IC - Page 6 Empty Re: An Arctic Advent - IC

Post  Z2 Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:49 pm

"Well Gentlecolts, Ah figure there's nuthin like the classic game o' H.O.R.S.E." Adam sits down to play, amicably.

Spoiler:
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:22 pm

"Yeah, I can buy that...Like I said, though, be careful. Some might not understand. Still, I suppose the lynch mobs haven't shown yet, so I think you're clear...Least for now." Carn looked at him. "Not judging you for that. It's creepy, sure...But you seem decent enough. This is a festival, right? We're here to enjoy ourselves." Besides, it took a bigger person to admit a mistake rather'n hide it like...whichever coward had cursed everyone at the start. He really needed to get over that, but it still irritated him that the race had been soured like that.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:36 pm

Z2 wrote:"Well Gentlecolts, Ah figure there's nuthin like the classic game o' H.O.R.S.E." Adam sits down to play, amicably.

Spoiler:

"A fine classic pick," the earth pony says.

"Indeed, thanks for picking a game that even an Equestrian such as myself could take part in," the Orange unicorn says, his smile never leaving his face.

The two are fine with the rules on dealing and both start off with conservative bets. You win the first round, but lose more in the second round and third round. The unicorn won the second round, smiling that same smile the whole time. And the earthpony came out on top in the third. Over all those three rounds, you managed to lose more than you gained, but that turned around in the next round as you made that steep bet. The Earthpony, looked puzzled at the play, but matched the bet as well. The smiling orange unicorn nodded as he matched the bet, and you wonder if he knows what you planned.

In the end you end up snagging a decent prize from the two others. (+50 Bits) And the Earthpony seems to have fallen for your bluff and figures that it was just some wild luck that got him. In any case, he seems happy to have made a bit of money back on the fifth round. The unicorn gives a slight chuckle and pays up his portion, that smile never leaving his face.

"A fine game, good enough to warm my bones," he says as he get's up from his seat and extends a hoof. "The name's Salamander Char, (you can roll a history check on that name) most just call me Char, I hope you look forward to our performance tonight."
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:46 pm

Adam smiles and gives them a polite, but silent, sendoff before going to rest a bit in the corner nearest the strange, meat-eating pony. Adam still has a feeling that there's something off about that unicorn, however.

Spoiler:
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:00 pm

Z2 wrote:Adam smiles and gives them a polite, but silent, sendoff before going to rest a bit in the corner nearest the strange, meat-eating pony. Adam still has a feeling that there's something off about that unicorn, however.

Spoiler:

You don't recall hearing his name anywhere, what a strange pony indeed.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:04 pm

Wave Rider rather eagerly grabs a plate of food and looks around for a place to sit before walking up to the table that Camellia is sitting at "Pardom me but is anyone sitting here? I'm Wave Rider by the way you are um were that minotaur right? You pulled off some impressive stunts out there."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:55 pm

A few minutes later Nihil walks in with a soft smile on his face. He goes up and looks at the food. Sure enough nobody thought to put a few gemstones in the mix but it didn't bother him much. He grabs some fruit and as he goes to add some meat to his dish noticing "Mage" tending to a polar bear. He figures he might as well congratulate him on whatever place he ended up getting, even if he was being a jerk. "Hey Mage. Good race. That magic of yours is pretty cool," he says while thinking 'Don't call me kiddo. Don't call me kiddo. Don't call me kiddo. He really better not call me kiddo.
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:59 pm

"Thanks kiddo. I really didn't mean to go that far though." Blood smiles at the baby dragon. "But that smoke you blew at me between legs was a little bit much, wasn't it?"
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:51 pm

Adam, still thinking about the cards and his rivals, decides the magically adept chatting nearby might know something. He waits for a polite opening, "Excuse me, sorcerer and shadowchild, but after seeing your... interesting performance in the race; I thought I could chat with you a bit about your magic. Oh, also, do you know the name Salamander Char?
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:05 pm

"Blood Mage, not 'sorcerer'. If anything I'm a hemomancer." Blood sighs.
Spoiler:
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:29 pm

LoganAura wrote:"Thanks kiddo. I really didn't mean to go that far though." Blood smiles at the baby dragon. "But that smoke you blew at me between legs was a little bit much, wasn't it?"
Z2 wrote:Adam, still thinking about the cards and his rivals, decides the magically adept chatting nearby might know something. He waits for a polite opening, "Excuse me, sorcerer and shadowchild, but after seeing your... interesting performance in the race; I thought I could chat with you a bit about your magic. Oh, also, do you know the name Salamander Char?
"Uhhhg. For the last time I'm not a kid, I'm a dragonling! That's totally different! Dragons don't reach adulthood till they're at least 100 years old! That's longer than most of you will live... Oh and I knew someone was gonna come whine to me about my magic. Listen, when Ebonblade gave us the rules I payed very close attention. They were as follows.
-No flying (he says unfolding his wings which you didn't notice before with how well they blended in)
-No hitting ponies (he says jabbing Mage in the ribs playfully)
-No short cuts
-No whining if you get hurt
-And feel free to "Be creative"
As you can tell there were absolutely no rules against using magic on yourself or others so long as it doesn't qualify as an "attack" so before you start crying or getting mad about my magic, know that I didn't break a single rule and was actually encouraged to use my natural magical abilities by the race organizer."
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:39 pm

"Whatever you say kiddo." Blood uses a second tendril to pat the drakeling on the head. "Kids are so cute when they try to act like adults" He mutters to the bear and pegasi a little loudly.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:48 pm

To Nihil: I didn't say a single thing against your strategy, I just mentioned that you have magic.

~It looks like somepony has a guilty coooooonscieeeeence.~

Heh, If you don't want me calling you shadowchild (which, incidentally, is not actually age associated) then might I have your actual name?
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:50 pm

Carn chuckled a bit at the remark, grinning and overall seeming amused. "Wouldn't be in such a hurry to grow up, there, little one...Enjoy your youth while you can, it fades all too quickly, even for longer-lived species..." he said, trying to sound wise...Or torque the little brat off, clearly he was involved in what had happened. he thought for a moment, trying to remember the name, even if he hadn't been asked specificially, but he stayed quiet...To be fair, he wasn't sure what ponies talked about, and they may have been more interested in trying to forget about the race...

Spoiler:
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:17 pm

Camellia blinked in surprise at Wave Rider. "I didn't think anyone would realize. Though I suppose I'm still wearing the number now that I think about it. That wasn't very clever of me." she said and sighed. "Well, I may as well use my real name now I suppose. I'm Camellia White, I'm sure it's a pleasure for one of us to make the others acquaintance as I am told they say."

Turning to the dragonling she grinned, "So that was you at the start? That was hilarious! Probably the best part of the whole race if you ask me."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:47 pm

"Wait... you guys arn't mad at me about that?... Huh. Ponies are so unpredictable. Well since you asked my name's Nihil."
Ramsus wrote:Turning to the dragonling she grinned, "So that was you at the start? That was hilarious! Probably the best part of the whole race if you ask me."
"I know right? Everybody got so serious when the countdown started and then... Wait. You're Blackwell? Okay be strait with me. Are you a minotaur, a fox, or something else completely?"

Last edited by Yawnmon on Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:25 am

Camellia replied, "Well, now that you've asked me not to lie, I guess I can't." and laughed. Then she gave a shrug and said, "Yeah, that was me. Blackwell I mean. Supposedly I'm a Kitsune. Which is a neighponese word I've been told. Can't say as I really know, or care for that matter."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:13 am

Blood Mage, you think you've heard the name mentioned in your travels. At least the name Salamander, it belongs to a noble family in Equestria. A branch off from royalty, descendants of Queen Platinum who helped in the founding Equestria.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:30 am

Glenrir crowed as he won. Well, wolf-whistled. It got a reply from far off in the distance, and another. A simple call of accomplishment and reply of acknowledgement. The call-backs were mostly muddled in the cheer of the crowd, but he heard them. Honour for the bynd, in the face of adversity!

He had the ability to stop on a dime, to not need a cooldown segment, but slowed down to casually walk it and work the ice chips out of his core, as the others crossed and joined him along the route.

-

Others picked up their food, a surprising amount for meat. He walked to the polar bear. "You were a great racer, proud and true. I need not food. So here's my ticket if you want seconds, you deserve it after that fantastic rush."

He smiles, and offers up his meal ticket. The bear may not have won second place, but he was probably the only one at that table that DIDN'T cheat. Glenrir did make note of the time to be at the awards ceremony, though. He might give some of his winnings away though, he mostly went to show off his tribe and flee the flame, bits were good, but community was helped with sharing, he was taught.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:22 pm

Carn scowled at the baby dragon, but chose not to comment, instead just listening to the conversations around him, simply enjoying his meal...Though as the timberwolf approached him, he looked over, seeming rather surprised as he took the ticket. "Are you sure...? Thank you. It was a great race...You ran well, you deserved the victory...Next time, though, I plan on taking the prize, hmm, hmm..." He was unaware that Glenrir had 'cheated' as well, evidently, but bowed his head in gratitude. "You don't have to leave, though...There's still time yet before the awards are handed out," he said, indicating the table. He was sure there was still room...
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:03 am

"Yes, I insist. Great efforts deserve rewards." Glenrir passes across the ticket with the explanation, and shuffles into the area. The ticket wasn't shiny or particularly adorned, so it held no value to the wooden wolf except as a way to make others happy.

"Thank you for the invitation. That was some race, I am glad I decided to try this year!" ...Because of fear of the bonfire, but nopony needs to know that detail. "I don't doubt that the odds are slim of winning twice in a row, but I'll rematch whenever you'd like, it was remarkably refreshing."
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:12 pm

Twenty minutes or so pass by, and the Racer's Restaurant clears out considerably. With the sun making it's way toward the horizon, the award ceremony is going to commence soon. Many of the other racers join the milling crowd in the market square around the warmth of the giant burning centerpiece. Near the flaming attraction, a wide, three tiered podium is crafted of packed snow. You can see Ebonblade talking to that same, well-dressed unicorn he had been talking to prior to the race, she was the one who had announced the start of the race as well as the start of the festival. One can assume that she has some sort of authority over the happenings of any other festival events.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:59 pm

Adam flies over to the square. He hovers near the flaming stone - as near as he can without violating rules/risking immolation. Hmmm... I don't think I saw this before heading to the race... Curious, Adam inspects the stone from a variety of angles. The pegasus hovers moderately above the crowd, mostly focused on the stone, somewhat disinterested in the aftermath of a race in which he was already far too involved.

Spoiler:
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:27 pm

Blood mage slips his cloak back on and stays around the large bear, happy there was somepony- er bear- that wasn't going to hurt him just for his magic. He also tries to remember some things about the town and festival.

Spoiler:
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:06 pm

Wave Rider wanders off in the general direction of the fire lost in her own thoughts although she does keep keep an ear open for anything about the unicorn or Ebonblade.

Spoiler:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next