Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Arctic Advent - IC

+4
Ramsus
Caden2112
LoganAura
SilentBelle
8 posters

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

An Arctic Advent - IC - Page 21 Empty Re: An Arctic Advent - IC

Post  LoganAura Fri May 03, 2013 1:19 pm

Blood looks at the ponies, a bit worried, before closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, groaning. "... Is there anything I can do to allow that? My only idea is... Well, to let one or more of you borrow my body, but that may not be the best way to go about things." Blood looks at his tendril with a gulp. "Or spend a lot of time on the chance that I can use my hemomancy to create sort of facsimile bodies."
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Fri May 03, 2013 3:09 pm

LoganAura wrote:Blood looks at the ponies, a bit worried, before closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, groaning. "... Is there anything I can do to allow that? My only idea is... Well, to let one or more of you borrow my body, but that may not be the best way to go about things." Blood looks at his tendril with a gulp. "Or spend a lot of time on the chance that I can use my hemomancy to create sort of facsimile bodies."

"I'd not ask of such a thing. Having more than one spirit in a body would cause undue stress to the original spirit." He shakes his head. "That there, the relic of Asche. Each of our spirits were bound to one such object as part of the seal. It is able to bind spirits to it, and give them substance for a time, but only one spirit. We can do very little for this world if we are not bound to it in some way. I'd ask that you bind one of us if possible, using that relic that you hold. The rest of us will head to the Frozen Spire, where we once gathered long before.

"I'll do it! I'll stay with them! I think they might find my skill set particularly useful." The penguin steps forth. "I'm Ice Skater, Hero of Winter extraordinaire!"
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Fri May 03, 2013 3:11 pm

Blood makes a face, looking at the other members for their opinions.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Fri May 03, 2013 3:18 pm

"...Binding spirits...That's...Grim business, even if they're willing..." Carn looked at the others for a moment, thinking..."I'd prefer to know what everyone's skills are if we're doing this..." He didn't like this, but he knew beggars couldn't be choosers with allies...It was...Beyond him...
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri May 03, 2013 3:40 pm

"When a small creature that doesn't have fangs, claws, magic or flight is considered a hero they have to be rather impressive... After this is over is there anyway we can release you so you can go to the afterlife or something?"
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri May 03, 2013 4:05 pm

Camellia looks at Wave Rider, nods, and says, "Yup." with a self satisfied smile.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Fri May 03, 2013 5:37 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:"When a small creature that doesn't have fangs, claws, magic or flight is considered a hero they have to be rather impressive... After this is over is there anyway we can release you so you can go to the afterlife or something?"

"Oh, that's not much of a problem," Ice Skater says cheerfully, waving a single wing. Although the others look a little less than cheery. "We've already sacrificed all that we held so that our world could live on. So, you can just use us again to reseal Asche eventually. We'd all be happy going back to our long slumber if it meant the world was safe once again. Besides, if we're left unbound for to long we'll just pass on. Might as well use us, it makes sense!"

"Ice skater does not speak for all of us," the pegasus says mildly. "I believe a few of our number might be willing to pass on instead. But they are only willing to do so if we can find some sort of alternative. Ice Skater, however is resolved in this manner, for which I am thankful."

"You know I'd never let you be the first ta go Boss! You can count on me while you and the rest decide amongst yourselves. I'm quite happy to have the chance to see this world that we saved after all this time. Even if just for a little bit."

Caden2112 wrote:"...Binding spirits...That's...Grim business, even if they're willing..." Carn looked at the others for a moment, thinking..."I'd prefer to know what everyone's skills are if we're doing this..." He didn't like this, but he knew beggars couldn't be choosers with allies...It was...Beyond him...

"As for our skills, I'm what they called the pathfinder. I know my way around in the tundra, and I'm much faster than I look too. He waddles a bit toward you and bows. "Most of the others just hit things with their weapons." You notice a few of the others shake their heads at the comment, but remain silent.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Fri May 03, 2013 5:42 pm

Blood glares lightly at the penguin and turns to the others, "Names, and talents soldiers." He salutes with a tendril, mostly jokingly.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri May 03, 2013 11:05 pm

Wave Rider glares at Blood for glaring at a cute little penguin."Hm may I ask what all can all of you do if you are bound?"
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sat May 04, 2013 5:00 am

Glenrir looks at the sun. It had only been a minute, maybe two, or talking thus far, but he was a bit nervous. The bynd attack was likely by the troupe, which meant they were closer to the Zodiac than he was. This was important, he knew, but ghosts and ghouls weren't his purview.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sun May 05, 2013 4:30 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:Wave Rider glares at Blood for glaring at a cute little penguin."Hm may I ask what all can all of you do if you are bound?"

"While we are very limited in influencing the material world, our essence shines through. Basically, I guess we can help with what we are good at. Though we've never actually used our essence for anything other than the ritual for sealing away Asche. I suppose in my case," Ice Skater says cheerfully, "I can move fast, and by extension, move everyone else fast as well... Probably..."

An earth pony in the group rolls her eyes tiredly. And turns to Ice Skater. "Ice, why do you want to do this? They are just a few travelers, we should not involve them in a struggle that is not theirs. We'll find a way to reseal Asche before she truly breaks free, without requesting the aid of random strangers. Besides, they look to be in a hurry.

"Does the word fate not mean anything to you anymore, Crystal? I thought you were always rattling on about fate and destiny how how important it is to rise up to it. This group of folk were destined to meet up with us, so why can't we mutually help each other?

The earth pony, Crystal just shakes her head. "And you only ever bring up the word destiny if you think it will further your own agenda. Ice, you may fool them, but I always knew that you were looking for a way to escape your destiny. Be wary travelers, given the chance this small fellow would trade places with any one of you."

The penguin merely glances at Crystal and rolls his eyes. "That's not likely to happen. Why would I want others to have to suffer living an existence like this? I just want to see how the world has changed, I'm not trying to change my fate. I've accepted it," he finishes sourly.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sun May 05, 2013 8:47 pm

Spoiler:
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun May 05, 2013 9:00 pm

Perception to determine intentions: 8 + 6 = 14. Oh well.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Mon May 06, 2013 1:38 am

"There is no greater purpose than triumph over adversity, no greater virtue than sacrifice for the whole." Glenrir nods to himself. If the spectre could improve their pace, he would take its aid. If the cost was a trickster nature, he would simply need to be wary.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Mon May 06, 2013 6:38 pm

LoganAura wrote:
Spoiler:

The lead pegasus pony seems intent on leading his group and finding a way to tackle the seal. The earth pony, Crystal, who had just spoken up seems to regard your group with a bit of disdain, or perhaps jealousy. And the penguin seems genuine in his proposal, you haven't noticed anything specifically menacing about him.

RavenscroftRaven wrote:"There is no greater purpose than triumph over adversity, no greater virtue than sacrifice for the whole." Glenrir nods to himself. If the spectre could improve their pace, he would take its aid. If the cost was a trickster nature, he would simply need to be wary.

"As something of a misfit, I couldn't agree more with the walking-talking tree here," Ice Skater says cheerfully.

The ghostly pegasus sighs. "Very well, you can join them if you so wish Ice Skater, but only if they agree to have you. We must be on our way though, time is a rare resource for us. The rest of us will need to check on the seal. From there, we should be able to track any further damages that have been done, and we should be able to anchor ourselves to the world for a time.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon May 06, 2013 7:13 pm

Camellia shrugs and says, "As long as this doesn't involve me getting possessed I'm fine with whatever."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue May 07, 2013 4:46 pm

"I hate to be the one asking this but how exactly do we go about binding you. And I for one would be happy to allow Ice Skater to join us."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Thu May 09, 2013 5:00 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:"I hate to be the one asking this but how exactly do we go about binding you. And I for one would be happy to allow Ice Skater to join us."

"Oh, that's easy. You just need a unicorn and some sort of binding crystal. Which you have there, that Relic of Asche. The unicorn pulls my essence into it and BAM! I'm bound to the crystal. Easy-peasy."

"And of course you know nothing about it, Ice," a male unicorn, says and steps forward. "There are many steps that are only apparent to those who are casting the spell. I'd offer to do it myself, but our connection the the realm is limited at best. I can however explain it to your good mage. Oh, and I am Weaver by the way, a student of all arts arcane. Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to learn as much as I wanted, being bound and having our journey pulled to a sudden end, but it's good to see that the art of spellcraft hasn't been lost. I can teach you how to perform the spell though. It is fairly simple. Just grab a hold of Ice's essence, as if you were going to levitate him. This will allow you to manipulate his essence. You can than pull it alongside the crystal and use this spell pattern, on both the crystal and his essence. Weaver then let's his horn spark to life with a dark green aura and a sigil of ice forms upon the snow before you. "It's not a terribly hard spell to cast, I trust it is well within your capabilities." He nods at Blood Mage.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Thu May 09, 2013 5:10 pm

Blood looks at Weaver, then at Ice and gulps. "... I... Normally need to use my hemomancy to make sigils if I need them in my spells. You'd need to give me a short bit to use it, and we don't really have the time..."
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri May 10, 2013 4:22 pm

Wave Rider looks Blood in the eyes. "If you need time to do it we can stop for a few minutes."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Wed May 15, 2013 1:31 am

"A few minutes at most. We are in a hurry." Fenrir growls, and green prana sparks from his eyes. "Draw your circles, we do not know if these spirits lie to us and should have some defense as you conjure them, but be quick. Syphon some spare magic if you need, I've plenty."

The timber wolf's energy peaks with a howl, forcing excess magic into the atmosphere, to be drawn upon or cast aside.

(Using magic point pre-emptively to boost Blood Mage's check, whatever it is.)
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed May 15, 2013 1:41 am

Blood Mage shakes a little bit, stammering at the spirits. "I-I'm just a performer though... I..." Blood gulps, horn sparking and making the sigil in the air with his blood, a few minor mistakes in it obvious even to those who don't know magic over the minute that he creates the symbol with.. He contemplates backing out, running but the others are sort of forcing his hoof, and he's hating every moment. He closes his eyes and sparks out a short bit of magic, paranoid and fearful that he failed.

Spoiler:
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Wed May 15, 2013 1:58 am

"Magic is magic. If you succeed, it was meant to happen. If not, then not. So just do your best, you almost outran me, you have my vote of confidence, you have done things beyond your comfort zone and thrived."

Glenrir grumbles. "Just do it quickly."

Dice Rolls:
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed May 15, 2013 2:04 am

"Just try not to screw up and kill us all or something." Camellia says encouragingly(?).

Persuasion aid roll: 16 + 11 = 27

MP used to boost roll only if it's actually needed (or if Belley refuses to give us any indication of how difficult this is or if he does and the answer is "Harder than a heavily intoxicated immovable object" or the like).
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21