Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Your Campaign Ideas!

+26
Dream Axis
TheCavalry
Elacular
mjh6
Crystalite
AlicornPriest
ZamuelNow
SparkImpulse
Paper Shadow
Z2
Appkes
Fury of the Tempest
SilentBelle
LoganAura
Xel Unknown
Quietkal
The Warrior of Many Faces
Zarhon
Doc pseudopolis
Hayatecooper
RavenscroftRaven
Whiteeyes
Caden2112
Ramsus
A1C Bronymous
Grey Pen The Flawed
30 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Post Your Campaign Ideas! - Page 4 Empty Re: Post Your Campaign Ideas!

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:33 pm

Yeah, you got the meaning right... and yeah, not a whole lot of differences between races in the current system, at least not the same sort of differences that there are in TES. It's what's complicated my efforts to think up races for Living Legends...

Hmm, I've been pondering a system where players assign "tags" to their attacks, such as Physical, Arcane, Fire, Ice, etc, and some special enemy traits based on different tags...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:15 pm

No chance, not in this system. Defeats the purpose of their "reflavor everything" setup. And some players (or just me maybe), don't assign singular attacks to their talents in all cases, but instead use them as a guide, mixing up how the in-game actions actually play out per talent used. This happens more on Pbps, where any general "do 1d12" damage can be stab them, jump up and kick them in the chest, come areound and kick them in the back, shoot them, magic fireball them, etc.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:53 pm

Dusk Raven, if you want things like that, you'll want to use something like my system. Link in the sig.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  AlicornPriest Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:19 pm

So, it was originally for a book, but hay, I think it might be interesting as a campaign setting, too!

Anypony here read Dune?

My Story Notes wrote:Dust
Made from the leaves of Poison Joke, Azura Essence (or Dust) is a powerful additive that boosts the longevity and magical abilities of ponies. To normal ponies, it grants strength, intellect, and speed, but to the most talented, it gives them the powers of shapeshifting, prescience, and teleportation.

Two stories:
1st: Twilight Era
The discovery of Dust, the growth of Ponyville, etc.

2nd: The Epoch of Dust
1000 years in the future, ponykind has vastly expanded. Ponyville has become an empire unto itself, and it guards the Everfree Gardens, where the Poison Joke is cultivated. Canterlot has also splintered into smaller districts, although Celestia claims to rule it all. Ponykind, after long abuse of the Dust, has evolved into new groups:
The Deviants: Grotesque blue-skinned ponies who live on Dust.
The Magnus Ponies: Ponies naturally skilled to the powers of the Dust.
The Azure Guardians: A unicorn cult that uses Dust in its rituals.
The Lyrans: Ponies who forgo all Dust consumption.
The Selenites: A moon-based society led by Magnus Pegasi.
The Neo-Changelings: A schizoid Magnus Earth Pony society.
Other changes of note: Twilight is a perversely hated figure, Strange beings called the Sapphires roam the Gardens, Discord's statue is missing.

Oh, I also wrote it before Season 3, so Discord wasn't redeemed and Twilight wasn't a freakin' alicorn princess.

Last edited by AlicornPriest on Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
AlicornPriest
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:21 pm

Heh, that would be an amusing game.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  AlicornPriest Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:10 pm

AlicornPriest wrote:So, it was originally for a book, but hay, I think it might be interesting as a campaign setting, too!

Anypony here read Dune?

My Story Notes wrote: snip

Oh, I also wrote it before Season 3, so Discord wasn't redeemed and Twilight wasn't a freakin' alicorn princess.

In case anyone's interested, here's a hypothetical first section of the book I wrote a few months ago. If you've read Dune, ths is like the biography snippets at the beginning of each "chapter."

Snippet wrote:Dust
"You know, Ponyville used to be small. Can you imagine that? The people of Canterlot thought Ponyville was the most insignificant town in the world. It had a minuscule population, no tourist attractions save for a food store shaped like a gingerbread house, and it kept getting destroyed every two weeks. There was nothing coming out of Ponyville.

Imagine that. Imagine a world before all of this. Before the speed of Pegasi. Before the power intellect of Unicorns. Before the infinite power of Earth Ponies.

Before the Dust.

Before that accursed unicorn, the one whose Name is no longer spoken, decided to do an experiment. She found an insignificant blue plant, deep inside the Everfree Forest, and thought something creative. Something new. She knew it was magical, but she thought she could get more. That's always what it is, isn't it? The desire to find more. The one desire that always ends the world as we know it.

Oh, and she ended it. This is not a world of Friendship anymore. Not a world of Harmony and Joy. This is a world of Power. Of Control.

Of Dust.

There's an old religion, only mentioned in pre-equine tomes. "From Dust you were made, and to Dust shall you return." From Dust was our society made, and Dust will ruin it. Those idiots, out there hiding in the wastelands, who shall Partake no Dust... they're the ones who'll make it. They're watching us and laughing. We fight over Dust. We kill over Dust. And one day, Dust will be all that's left of us.

But keep at it, everyone. Consume your Dust. Put it in your tea, in your vitamins. Let your eyes turn blue and your hearts turn stronger. No matter how beautiful you look on the outside, you are dying. You are not consuming Dust. The Dust is consuming you."

~From an interview with Honeysweet, chief Historian of the Terce Clan of Canterlot
AlicornPriest
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:16 pm

What I would love to see is somebunny do an Equestria Divided campaign. It's a neat setting and just ripe for adventure. Especially if playing as the agents of "all three tribes welcome, we technically aren't at war with the others cause we have too much value, playing all sides" House Whitegold.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AlicornPriest Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:40 pm

Whiteeyes wrote:What I would love to see is somebunny do an Equestria Divided campaign. It's a neat setting and just ripe for adventure. Especially if playing as the agents of "all three tribes welcome, we technically aren't at war with the others cause we have too much value, playing all sides" House Whitegold.
Been reading up on it. Yeah, it would. Sounds awesome! I definitely don't have the talent to lead something that complex, though. Embarassed 
AlicornPriest
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:30 pm

AlicornPriest wrote:
Whiteeyes wrote:What I would love to see is somebunny do an Equestria Divided campaign. It's a neat setting and just ripe for adventure. Especially if playing as the agents of "all three tribes welcome, we technically aren't at war with the others cause we have too much value, playing all sides" House Whitegold.
Been reading up on it. Yeah, it would. Sounds awesome! I definitely don't have the talent to lead something that complex, though. Embarassed 

I remember deciding something like that would be interesting a while back... I was disagreed with.

Meanwhile, recent events in one of the campaigns I'm in made me wonder - what if there was a campaign where Nightmare Moon won? And the players were her cohorts? Note that this need not be an evil campaign - the players are simply tasked with upholding their rule, with broad discretion given on how they do it. And perhaps they can find a way to reform Nightmare Moon "from within" so to speak...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:17 pm

That sounds pretty interesting.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:37 pm

Great, I'm getting ideas and I'm not sure I can execute them... helps that I've often wondered what would have happened had Nightmare Moon won. Now I just need to decide on method, how long it's been, etc...

For some reason, I'm starting to wonder if Celestia actually fled instead of fighting NMM, so tracking her down would make for a good quest...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:25 pm

Popping in to revive an old thread, take a biiiig puff of pony weed... *inhale*

And pitch an idea that only kinda sorta almost belongs to me.

I was digging through the archives a while back, and I noticed a campaign called "Discord's Game"; anyone remember that? (I didn't think to save a link, and I don't want to dig it out right this instant.) I had some thoughts about a similar setting, and while I myself can't justify running it right now (I feel like I'm drowning just with what I've got; I'm probably going to have to drop one) I would like to invite anyone bold enough to do so themselves to read this post and perhaps drop me a line.

Much like the original Discord's Game, this is an Alternate Universe: The divergent Turning Point being: What if Fluttershy had in fact failed in re-forming Discord in Season 3?

Naturally, he ends up taking over, much like the original DG. He turns our favorite heroines into statues and locks them up.

After a decade or two of his chaotic reign, ponies manage to grow accustomed around it, learning how to quickly adapt to changes in their environment and (somehow) keep moving onward, and even occasionally fighting back. Discord, upon realizing it, discovers the reason for this; Twilight and Co. were not the only ones who could draw power from friendship. They merely had the means to weaponize it. Everyone else could still find the strength to lead happy lives, in spite of his attempts to upturn the natural order. He also realized that they were able to cope through versatility; differing skill sets and personalities allowed them to prosper under nearly any conditions. In order to create more chaos, he introduced a degree of order; he grouped the ponies by their in-born "Element" into districts, seeing that each pony was born with an affinity to a certain Element of Harmony. And thus his rule was complete.

About a century after the system had settled in, however, a new problem arose: While things grew much more chaotic, the chaos was fair less entertaining. Without the diversity of personality, nobody was ever really inspired to do much about it. The occasional, moderately irritating attempts at revolution ceased; and with it, the potential risk that made the whole thing worthwhile.

And so Discord introduced the Discordian Promise: One random pony from each Element would be thrown together in a specialized arena of Discord's creation, along with both the Elements of Harmony and their bearers, in which they were to live until all but one of the original team had died (Which doesn't take long, if you hadn't gathered already.) The survivor would be permitted to live a lavish life in their home district - a very long life of safety, stability, and luxury with the memory that they had, in one way or another, utterly and completely failed.

He promised that if, just once, a team could pull together and find the Elements, and free the Bearers (Or find a way to use them themselves) he would reset Equestria to it's original glory and return to his prison of stone.

TL;DR - Kind of a combination between Discord's Game and the Hunger Games, with each District representing an Element of Harmony and being entirely populated by it. Somebody take a shot at it!
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Fri May 02, 2014 1:55 pm

And now it's MY turn to revive an old thread. I liked this idea back when you first posted it, from a player's perspective, but recently, I started getting more interested in possibly running this game (although I'd probably tweak some parts). It probably wouldn't be for a while, at least not until the new Ponyhandler's guide comes out, and my ideas are still very rough and everything but...

I guess I'm just posting to say, "dibs"?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri May 02, 2014 2:10 pm

Dibs on what, precisely?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Fri May 02, 2014 2:22 pm

Making this campaign. It was a joke, sorry.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat May 03, 2014 2:19 pm

mjh6 wrote:Making this campaign. It was a joke, sorry.

Nonono. You've said it now, you're obligated. Run Discord's Promise, by all means! And save me a spot.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sat May 03, 2014 4:13 pm

I meant I meant I was joking about having dibs. If someone else wanted to do it first, I didn't want to be too pushy. Especially since it'll probably be awhile, if I can pull it off at all.

Thanks for coming up with such a great idea, by the way.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:34 am

So, I had an idea of a campaign where the players travel around in an airship. Obviously the campaign would be somewhat steampunky, but I would personally prefer if the steampunk was light and simple (although if any inspired DMs want augments and robots and whatnot who am I to stop them). Sadly, I am far too busy these days to run a campaign at a pace I would like to, so I propose the idea to you guys and leave my basic world overview that I had planned. If you like the idea, feel free to use as much or as little of the overview as you want...

WARNING: Contains Minor Comic Spoilers:
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:22 pm

Oooh, I've always dreamed of a floating islands steampunk setting! Color me interested.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:31 pm

I vaguely remember a setting like that being played AGES ago. Prior to the first updates of the game. I think.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:54 pm

This is probably me just being incredibly basic and predictable, but would anyone be interested in DMing a post-apocalyptia slice of life campaign?...wow, that sounds contradictory. But like...a caravan or a small settlement after the end, not trying to be heroes, but just trying to survive and restart civilization? With or without ponies, I think that'd be cool.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:10 pm

For the record, I'd be up for playing a game if that. Sounds like it could be fun.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:25 pm

That reminds me that i have yet to actually read fallout equestria.
But enough about that, your idea seems like a good concept that could work very well, considering the everyday struggle to survive could give way to some interesting character development, but then again im not really anywhere near an expert on the falloutverse, so i doubt id be any good at dming that setting.
Still good look if anyone tries to give it a go, id certainly be interested
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:27 pm

Hmm. I need to read FO: E myself, actually. Seems to have been removed rom fimfiction though...
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:48 pm

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/04/story-fallout-equestria.html

on other news , i currently have a plot bunny that's demanding i design a a campaign and run it, so i may be doing that in a couple of days or so, just need to get rid of all the plot holes, such as why the main 6 aren't the ones to deal with it, and if you should ever run into them.

(sigh) plot bunny's can be evil sometimes
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next