Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hayday - On Set (IC)

+2
Xel Unknown
Paper Shadow
6 posters

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Hayday - On Set (IC) - Page 8 Empty Re: Hayday - On Set (IC)

Post  Xel Unknown Wed May 29, 2013 2:32 pm

Then the Science Minded Unicorn galdy runs off to get all the magical trinkets she had noticed... Assuming if nothing else they could be useful as fuel to upgrade her minions or even make some more...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed May 29, 2013 2:50 pm

Once on the roof and having had her look around, Vari leans over and gives the group a nod to tell them it look all clear.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed May 29, 2013 4:37 pm

Jill inwardly kicks herself for moving before the all clear was given... But was happy to hear so regardless as she went to her Magic Trinket Looting.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Wed May 29, 2013 4:45 pm

"A storage unit? Interesting. Miss Jade, do you know exactly where our effects are? I would prefer not to search the entire complex, in case any guards arrive. Be on your guard in any case as there may be some inside that our erstwhile lookout is unable to see".

If there were, he hoped they would find the mad unicorn first. That would give them time to prepare for a fight.
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed May 29, 2013 6:40 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Then the Science Minded Unicorn galdy runs off to get all the magical trinkets she had noticed... Assuming if nothing else they could be useful as fuel to upgrade her minions or even make some more...
Your magic detection leads you to two storage units, numbered 22 and 23. They are both locked with a simple padlock...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed May 29, 2013 7:11 pm

Jill feels lucky and goes to try and unlock both padlocks at once...

mechanics check:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed May 29, 2013 9:32 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Jill feels lucky and goes to try and unlock both padlocks at once...

mechanics check:
After dooming the rest of the group to rolling Natural 1s in important situations of life and death, you quickly unlock the padlocks and open the doors. Inside, between the two units, you see about fix cardboard boxes, each with a name scribbled on them. One addressed to each criminal in this little group of yours, including yourself...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed May 29, 2013 9:34 pm

Jill calls out. "HEY EVERYPONY I FOUND OUR STUFF!" And then she goes to open her box first...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed May 29, 2013 10:53 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Jill calls out. "HEY EVERYPONY I FOUND OUR STUFF!" And then she goes to open her box first...
Inside your box, the first thing you see is a seal envelope, and a whole stack of newspaper. As you rummage inside,you see a good chunk of your old stuff, but nothing of any magical value (just any odd bits of clothing you had and some things of sentimental value which aren't magical). Finally, you see a present at the bottom of the box, carefully wrapped in blue and yellow wrapping paper and decorated with a cheap red bow on the top...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Wed May 29, 2013 11:13 pm

Retrokinesis wrote:"A storage unit? Interesting. Miss Jade, do you know exactly where our effects are? I would prefer not to search the entire complex, in case any guards arrive. Be on your guard in any case as there may be some inside that our erstwhile lookout is unable to see".

If there were, he hoped they would find the mad unicorn first. That would give them time to prepare for a fight.

"Yes, I can find them quite easily, follow me. Won't take long, we should even be able to take a look around and see if there's anything else we want to pick up while we're here" As it appeared to Jade that Jill was doing, as she went straight away from the group again to check out some of the storage units. Jade started to lead on, trying to sense her and the others' possessions, but was surprised when Jill announced she had found them."Ah... well done, well done, not sure the shouting was neccesary." Jade glances around out of habit following the loud position-revealing sound. "Let me guess- you sensed the magic?" Jade shouldn't have been surprised- her talents, while unusual for an Earth Pony, were probably quite easily replicated, or improved upon, by unicorns, particularly those as magically gifted as Jill. Jade hurried over to where Jill was standing, and picked up the package labeled with her name- presumably her things. She opened the box.

"Hmm, that's odd, they're sorted and labeled- clearly intended for us and not the captain. Some evidence to support the theory that our escape was no coincidence."
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed May 29, 2013 11:14 pm

Jill nuzzles her labcoat, goggles, and boots, the only bit of clothing she cared about she ever owned a little before she went to open the letter to see what secrets it held. The Green Unicorn didn't care much of what the Earth Pony was saying at the moment.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu May 30, 2013 7:54 pm

You read the letter...

Spoiler:

(If anyone else reads their letters, the content is more or less the same...)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu May 30, 2013 8:30 pm

"I bucking knew it!" Jill declares after reading the letter, then gets to reading the newspaper next and making a note to pick up Vira's box on the way out.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Thu May 30, 2013 11:35 pm

Selena surreptitiously secrets away the suspicious stuffs she had slyly squandered that this secretive scoundrel had selected to secure her skills.

Stealth Check:

Then, after reading the note, she inputs "I don't know about the rest of you, but this kitty knows when she's in a bind. I suppose we might as well help out until such a time as we can find a way out of this new, albeit bigger, cage."

She then takes a little time to read through the newspapers.
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu May 30, 2013 11:52 pm

The newspapers seem to tell of every major event since your incarceration. They talk about a princess of the moon returning to power, heroes being celebrated for defeating a chaotic spirit, an eventful wedding invaded by unusual shape shifting creatures, a kingdom appearing out of nowhere, and somepony ascending to both power and royalty. Obviously, the reason your mysterious benefactor gave you these was to keep you up to date on current events. After all, while, although very rare, you may have overheard some bits and pieces about these stories in passing as guards talked to each other, they made little sense without this much context. Bullion and Selena knew more about these stories than the more anti-social ponies of the group, but it's still nice to have all the pieces here rather than having to figure out good chunks for yourself...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri May 31, 2013 12:06 am

"Not sure what this swichover means...." Jill mused then she realized that Jade had talked with her and she recalled the gist of what was said. So she turned to the Earth Pony and said. "Oh yes... I can sense magic. Not a hard feat for me... Unlike some other parts of magic... No matter... I also promised I'd tell you why I put such trust in my Minions despite the possibility of it might not be permanent or something like that... Well the answer is, my magic well for lack of a better term, exploded in both Tiger Lily and Thunderbolt's minds... Which in my years of using magic, means one of only two things, either what I was trying to do had failed in the worst way possible, or things have gone off even better than I could've hoped for. Given the fact that they were still able to think. And acted as I tried to mold them into... I'd bet my life with what I had done to those two... By the way, I notice that you seemed to keep a neutral face to my work, something not most ponies I have ever know can do to the degree I saw with you. For that I do give you my respect... And I do wonder what you think of me... If anything..."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:14 am

"I attempt to keep a neutral face in most situations, if possible." Jade stated, not sure how much to confide in Jill. Then again, she had just answered some of her questions about her faith in her minions and her magical ability. Since she hadn't done anything...yet... to any of the others who had obvious misgivings about the 'experiments, it might not hurt to talk a little. She looked Jill straight in the face without blinking.

"While your 'experiments' are not necessarily something I agree with, they are certainly something I can overlook. I would much rather have you as an ally than a foe, and I hardly have any sympathy for those who tried to imprison us. I respect your abilities- you seem to have both raw power and skill on your side. How you use such a brilliant mind and power is your own business. I hope that answers your question?"
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:23 am

"mmm... A wise move I must say..." Jill comments with a smile. "And yes, it has answered my question... I'd also prefer you to be my ally as well. Hope we might be more than just allies. Well I must admit, out of the group, you are the only one who I seem to like.....just for the fact of you being able to overlook, my darker goals... That is a rare trait I'd enjoy it to have, as a peer of mine. And I do quite respect your skills you had shown in combat, that was amazing to watch... What other skills you do own, that you feel up to sharing with me?"
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:59 pm

Jade found herself trusting and beginning to like Jill just a little. She was somewhat flattered, although tried to hide it. Might as well talk about and explain some of her abilities, lest Jill get too curious and feel the urge to experiment to get answers.

"Yes, about the combat on the ship, I must admit I'm not entirely sure what happened there. My combat style opens me up to so many different options, so that my actions are practically unpredictable. In my line of work, I have had a lot of contact with ancient, powerfully magical artifacts, which hasn't come without its... consequences. So far nothing terrible has come of it, but one can hardly be too careful when dealing with old sorcery. The ponies of old must have either had a dark sense of humor, or otherwise were incapable of doing magic without... quirks. Spells of arbitrary duration, such as to midnight, or requiring strange ingredients such as blood, sometimes of a firstborn or a loved one, to mention just a few examples. Although this magic that has rubbed off on me only seems to manifest randomly. Most of my tricks come from my artifacts, and my connection with them- I'm quite good at finding things I want. I would say most of my talents are mundane, although not inconsequential. I've found my expertise quite useful in making forgeries to replace the items I steal, or to pass off on clients."

As she talked, Jade looked through her box, checking to see that some of her artifacts she had on her at the time of her capture were there, as well as looking over the newspaper and note.

"What do you make of this? Freedom is good, employment is good, although being completely in the hooves of another pony is not good."
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:39 pm

"I've never tried any dark old magics... Mmm... I be your know-how of that field combined with my magical skill could only result in wonderful things... Like getting my Minions fixed into looking nothing like their past-life as a meaningless Prison Guard, way before I could dream too... Do you by chance know of any dark rituals or somehow make use of one your for transformation or making raw magical power to use?" Jill asked. "And... I don't enjoy it. But we'll need this, employer... For the moment, after all he or she is right, breaking out as we did, will get us a good deal of enemies wanting to just capture us again. But I don't plan to keep under his employment for the rest of my life... And our employer will regret employing us... I am sure we should make a way to punish the employer between our two skillsets, if the need for such a fallback plan arises. But for now, I'd suggest we just play along and find out what he wants... And hope it's just small favor... Both our sake and theirs..."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:21 am

Selena shrugs, "Well if you two girls are done with all your bonding, adorable as it is, I think we should still make our way elsewhere."

She then walks out, with Vari's package for anyone astute enough to notice.

stealth check:
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:25 am

"There will be a day, when I'll put a shock collar on you... Then I'll laugh..." Jill mutters under her breath.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:47 am

"Two fun facts Jill, 1: I have good hearing. 2: I don't care what you do that doesn't affect me, but if you try to collar this kitty you'll regret it." Selena states, in a cold tone lacking her usual carefree lethargy. "Anyone who cages me eventually learns that I am not to be trifled with, and that I get my due no matter how long it takes." Then she adds, once more cheery and friendly, "Besides, it's not like you can't take a joke."
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:51 am

"Oh I did wonder if you'd hear that... Now I know." Jill laughs and jokes. "Mmm... I'll be sure to just tag you then and let you run in the wild."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:53 am

Vari spots Selena walk out and climbs down to ask, "You all done in there?"
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next