Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recruiting: High level Pony game using an online virtual tabletop. (Pathfnder)

+2
AProcrastinatingWriter
JadeCriminal
6 posters

Go down

Recruiting: High level Pony game using an online virtual tabletop. (Pathfnder) Empty Recruiting: High level Pony game using an online virtual tabletop. (Pathfnder)

Post  JadeCriminal Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:23 pm

Game time: 5PM Central on Thursdays.

System:
Pathfinder(Sort of d&d 3.75, very friendly even if you don't know the system)

How: Live, Via OpenRPG
(If you guys have a better option I will listen) Server: Unshaped. Look for a MLP room.

Players:
1, Twilight Sparke: Jio
2. Rarity: Zarekai
3. Rainbow Dash: AProcanistratingWriter
4. Pinkie Pie: Foxy
5. Applejack: Saph
6. Fluttershy: Available

General Suggestions:
Some Ham allowed but please no cheese.
Of course feel free to ignore if the options you chose are fun for everyone!

One of the mane six.
High level (15 is the preliminary decision), decent stats
Get to pick their class but should stay consistent with the pony in question.
Character creation will be done after a small interview. Either on chat or via PM.

[b]Campaign:

Set several years after season 2 (with Twilight's alicornication never happening) our favorite ponies are getting on with their lives. They did a few more great deeds, have a few more achievements and generally life is good even if great power brings unexpected but not necessarily bad consequences. Life is interesting, friendship is strong and Ponyville goes on.

But as good as things are, they could be better. Celestia explains some hidden facts about the universe and reveals that she is putting together an expedition to correct some deficiencies of Equis, one the mares are welcome to join. An expedition outside the equestrian pocket plane into the great universe beyond.

Will you set sail aboard the solar wind and explore the universe? First stop: Aber Toril-Aystem. Contact "Uncle Io" to deliver a letter and see if it is viable to set up some trade with the inhabitants.

About the DM:
I am 28 years old. 20 years now I have been searching the world for good stories. It's an eternal quest but very amusing. I've hosted and played in countless games and am good at improvising. You will never derail my campaigns since my rails are made of competence and fluff.

Having fun is the prime reason for this game.

Last edited by JadeCriminal on Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:10 am; edited 10 times in total
JadeCriminal
JadeCriminal
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Recruiting: High level Pony game using an online virtual tabletop. (Pathfnder) Empty Re: Recruiting: High level Pony game using an online virtual tabletop. (Pathfnder)

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:02 pm

It is quite possibly just me, or a temporary error that I happened to stumble upon in the half-hour or so in which it exists, but in case it's something more serious...

I seem to be unable to go the site at the other end of the link you provided RE: Pathfinder.

Presuming that Pathfinder is free (I...don't know much about tabletop gaming outside of a couple rulesets) and the link is eventually fixed for me and all the other stars align properly, I call dibs on Rainbow Dash!
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Recruiting: High level Pony game using an online virtual tabletop. (Pathfnder) Empty Re: Recruiting: High level Pony game using an online virtual tabletop. (Pathfnder)

Post  JadeCriminal Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:07 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:It is quite possibly just me, or a temporary error that I happened to stumble upon in the half-hour or so in which it exists, but in case it's something more serious...

I seem to be unable to go the site at the other end of the link you provided RE: Pathfinder.

Presuming that Pathfinder is free (I...don't know much about tabletop gaming outside of a couple rulesets) and the link is eventually fixed for me and all the other stars align properly, I call dibs on Rainbow Dash!

My bad on the link. It should work now. Pathfinder has a very detailed online system reference document. You don't need to pay for anything to play.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
JadeCriminal
JadeCriminal
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:45 am

Curses. I'd LIKE to join, especially since I want to try out Pathfinder sometime...
But I'm in four games already, so I'm going to have to sit this one out, sorry
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  City Strider Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:23 pm

Most curious. Would consider signing up, but I'm in too many games as is.

Fun idea: play Twilight as a Sorcerer with the Celestial bloodline. Gain wings at level 20. *trollface*
City Strider
City Strider
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:59 pm

Pathfinder is a system I like, but level 15's a tad too high for me.

Also not sure how to deal with the whole "ponies" thing as regards to Pathfinder (not having hands makes quite a difference). I think there are fan adaptations of pathfinder like Ponyfinder, but I don't have the links to those offhand...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  JadeCriminal Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:18 pm

I see no problem with the celestial bloodline.

But how will you fluff sorcerer!Twilight to fit into what we know?

She studies her flank off for those spells of hers you know.

As for not having hands... It doesn't seem to slow the ponies in the show any.

I definitely am not using using that "non-dexterous" nonsense. Fluttershy can sew. For crying out loud.

I can't do anything about the game level. This is supposed to be a pre-epic adventure set years and many adventures after the Cartoon.

Is high level really that troublesome?

Here: This story of mine has the feel I had when envisioning the game setup.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/13369/sailing-the-solar-wind

Last edited by JadeCriminal on Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
JadeCriminal
JadeCriminal
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:21 pm

This isn't a Pony Tales game, and I feel like having random schmoes play AS the Mane 6 is a somewhat bad idea, especially trying to make a hodgepodge with actual lower level characters...
But there's a good chance I'll join as Pinkie Pie.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  JadeCriminal Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:26 pm

Well the premise of the game is playing as one of the mane six.

The player needs to play a solo game with me as a quality check. Nothing too difficult.

It is highly unlikely that I'll actually have to use random OC's. But I am not excluding anything outright because that's just silly. Trust me if I can get folks to focus on playing a proper game of pretend, no matter what we do it'll be fun. XD

EDIT: Also can somepony explain the quote system on this board to me. I can't seem to get it to stop quoting. 

Last edited by JadeCriminal on Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
JadeCriminal
JadeCriminal
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:30 pm

You haven't only quoted one thing, that blue button lets you quote things, and just appears there...
And just click 'post reply' at the very bottom to post without quoting anybody.

I'm not sure what you mean about playing the solo game with you, but I already vote against the backstory in your fanfiction.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  JadeCriminal Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:37 pm

Z2 wrote:You haven't only quoted one thing, that blue button lets you quote things, and just appears there...
And just click 'post reply' at the very bottom to post without quoting anybody.

I'm not sure what you mean about playing the solo game with you, but I already vote against the back-story in your fanfiction.

Ah. I switched to editor mode and did it manually. Must be an issue with my browser or something.

You read my story? What was it that you disliked? I always appreciate feedback.

A solo game is what it says on the tin. I run the player solo before the game campaign starts so we can get a feel for each others style. It can be a lot of fun.
JadeCriminal
JadeCriminal
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:08 pm

As for not having hands... It doesn't seem to slow the ponies in the show any.

I definitely am not using using that "non-dexterous" nonsense. Fluttershy can sew. For crying out loud.

I can't do anything about the game level. This is supposed to be a pre-epic adventure set years and many adventures after the Cartoon.

Is high level really that troublesome?

Ah, I can understand the hands bit.

As for the high-level - well, it's higher than I've ever played before. At least, higher than I've ever played something where I knew what I was doing.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  City Strider Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:46 pm

JadeCriminal wrote:I see no problem with the celestial bloodline.

But how will you fluff sorcerer!Twilight to fit into what we know?

She studies her flank off for those spells of hers you know.
Misconception with sorcerers. They're just born with an innate talent (sound like a cutie mark?) for what they do. They still have to work hard to further their spellcraft. Moreover, there's a feat for sorcs that lets you pick up more spells known. Clearly, Twilight just took it a few times.
City Strider
City Strider
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  JadeCriminal Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:11 am

Well that;s one way to do it. I had a potential player show up in my recruiting room on openrog and she just made a Wizard/Sage. +5 Bookworm. XD
JadeCriminal
JadeCriminal
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:41 am

So when should we start this theoretical interview before the character creation, Jade?
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  JadeCriminal Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:39 pm

Any time you show up on openrpg. I an be found there in the afternoons/evenings It's pretty informal and usually the only people I exclude are those that type in 1337 and jerks.
JadeCriminal
JadeCriminal
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:14 pm

Well, this could be problematic.

I downloaded python and openrpg, but whenever I try and open the latter with the former it instantly closes.

You may want to find a different Rainbow Dash.

EDIT: Scratch that, I've got it up and running. My new problem is that I don't know how to connect to your server. I have tried the obvious "Game Server > Look for Server" dropdown menu and

Fwoosh

Nothing.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  JadeCriminal Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:20 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Well, this could be problematic.

I downloaded python and openrpg, but whenever I try and open the latter with the former it instantly closes.

You may want to find a different Rainbow Dash.

EDIT: Scratch that, I've got it up and running. My new problem is that I don't know how to connect to your server. I have tried the obvious "Game Server > Look for Server" dropdown menu and

Fwoosh

Nothing.

You should see a list of server names, my game will always be on one called Unshaped. If you connect it will automatically connect to the lobby. On the right of the server list will be a list of rooms.

If the server list is empty something is wrong. Try typing in the following address: 97.107.130.187:6774.

If that fails you are in trouble and may need to go back to square one and reinstall. Razz

Can you post a screenshot of the browse servers menu?

Openrpg site and forum have some helpful data as well. A detailed step by step guide is also available.
JadeCriminal
JadeCriminal
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:29 pm

Hey yo guys, I was able to connect to the server a couple days ago and,

Uh,

Yeah, we're having a lot of fun with Pathfinder. I'm still very very new to the system, but Jade really helped me in creating my character; she's probably the most patient GM ever. We still need a Rarity, and a Fluttershy, and a Pinkie Pie though, and you really could have some fun if you gave it a chance. Smile
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  JadeCriminal Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:09 pm

And I promise not to take away you military issue wingblades unless you are naughty. Razz
JadeCriminal
JadeCriminal
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:27 pm

We didn't have to tell them about that...
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  JadeCriminal Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:04 am

Update:

Game has been going nicely but our Fluttershy had to quit.

This is your chance boys and girl. Opening post Updated with relevant data.
JadeCriminal
JadeCriminal
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down