Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

False Gods - Trial Run

+10
ThereIsNo4thWall
LoganAura
ValorlordV5
Pingcode
conantheghost
Drago765
Dusk Raven
Ramsus
tygerburningbright
AlicornPriest
14 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

False Gods - Trial Run - Page 4 Empty Re: False Gods - Trial Run

Post  AlicornPriest Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:23 pm

Ramsus wrote:I'm not at all shocked that a member of the staff chose Logan and Ping over me (you can feel free to read whatever implications in that statement you like) but, I'm shocked you would boot me out in favor of Z2 whose character doesn't even have a background story or much at all written down of personality. One of the other new people sure but, he had the laziest contribution so far so it's just insulting. Not that I'm unused to being insulted by the staff. Well, see you around I guess.
...I regret a great many things. I wish I had told you earlier to make a more appropriate character. I wish I could have been less hesitant about having to keep track of both a robot and a zebra as one character. I wish a robot would've been more amenable towards this campaign. I wish that I had talked through my decision with someone else from the site that I trusted. And, in part, I wish that I hadn't bothered to try to become a GM so that I wouldn't have had to reject you, Ramsus. My greatest error is in trying to be more than I actually am, and I apologize for leading you on in that regard. I let myself believe that I could manage it, before realizing, too late, that I couldn't.
I am hurt, though, that you consider me biased. I am, I suppose, but it hurts nonetheless. Why did I choose Logan and Ping? Because I needed 5 players. Dizzy Flower's sheet doesn't have anything on it; for Sticks N Stones, I ultimately decided that I couldn't run a character with a death wish. And, unfortunately, I felt uncomfortable running a robot and a zebra together. So that left 5 players, or everyone else who applied. I took Logan and Ping because they had decent characters. In fact, I might even tell you that I'm worried about Logan's character, because she's a manipulative backstabber, and I'm not sure if I can run that properly. But I need 5 characters, and he's all I have left. :/
AlicornPriest
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:41 pm

Twinkle isn't quite a backstabber, unless you get on her bad side. And as for manipulative she's more 'makes herself seems better than she is' rather than 'gets you to do what she wants.', once again, unless you get on her bad side.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ValorlordV5 Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:25 pm

Well, I can't say I'm not disappointed, but I guess I'll look around for a new campaign. Does anypony know of one friendly to beginners?
ValorlordV5
ValorlordV5
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:32 pm

ValorlordV5 wrote:Well, I can't say I'm not disappointed, but I guess I'll look around for a new campaign. Does anypony know of one friendly to beginners?
Well, I'm not sure how beginner-friendly it is, but I have a campaign called Hayday which is literally about criminals doing criminal stuff. I'm sure Sticks 'n' Stones will fit in just fine...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  ValorlordV5 Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:34 pm

Sounds cool. I'd like to join, but I just requested to join another campaign some guy is doing. I don't know if it will work out though, so if you could give me a link to yours I would appreciate it.
ValorlordV5
ValorlordV5
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:37 pm

ValorlordV5 wrote:Sounds cool. I'd like to join, but I just requested to join another campaign some guy is doing. I don't know if it will work out though, so if you could give me a link to yours I would appreciate it.
Here you go...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:11 am

I'm glad I got in, but I suppose Ramsus raised a PARTIALLY decent point. Adam has had his backstory messed with so many times that I was reluctant to do anything beyond the base before I knew it would be needed... I'm about to restore it to what it was 'once upon a time' right now, and I sort of expect a PM or two about WHY I thought a certain something was appropriate...
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  ThereIsNo4thWall Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:22 pm

AlicornPriest wrote:EDIT: Oh, actually, one more thing. Could every pony give me a summary of what your cutie mark means specifically? I have no idea if it will come into play or not, but I'd just like to know. Smile

Finally responding to this, I've been meaning to for the past few days but kept getting lazy.

Tom's cutie mark just symbolizes his love of stories, and his above-average ability to find them and remember them. Pretty much, if there's some old myth or lore about something going on, he's somewhat more likely to have already read about it and have kept the knowledge bouncing around his head somewhere. It's not perfect of course, cuz he hasn't been EVERYWHERE and certain super important bits of knowledge probably aren't for public display even in some obscure town somewhere, but assuming the knowledge could be acquired by normal means if you were in the right place at the right time, Tome was likely there.

Am I making any sense right now? I just woke up...
ThereIsNo4thWall
ThereIsNo4thWall
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Draconic%20Quill

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:50 pm

Didn't notice the edit.

Moon's cutie mark, a smile, represents her ability to socialize and flatter. As in, her special talent is quite literally playing the social game. She can work with what she knows about ponies and flatter them so much she can form some sort of connection. Due to her being a bit of a "Good at making ponies like me" pony, she doesn't really get enemies too often outside of jealousy and ponies who figure out her two-faced ness.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:01 pm

I try to put these on the sheets, but Adam's is basically just extreme attention to detail and an affinity with high technology. I tend to not add TOO many 'details' to what the cutie mark means, since I think a broader net over 'special talent' can be helpful.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AlicornPriest Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:11 am

I've been reminded by a wiser mind than mine that this was a mistake. The game has been cancelled.

There is no such thing as resurrection. Auf Wiedersehen.

EDIT: Having cooled down a bit from my mini-tantrum... No, the game's still not going on. I'm not the right person for the job, not at least until I grow a backbone and a decent sense of time. I apologize for setting up a game only to dash it on the rocks, but as I said, my greatest weakness is assuming I'm more than I actually am. I wanted to be a GM, but I'm not ready for that. I wanted to be friends with people here, but I'm not ready for that either. So... I'll keep playing Gameverse, since I promised I would, but other that, you won't see me around here. (I wasn't doing anything anyway.)

Last edited by AlicornPriest on Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlicornPriest
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:33 am

I've got no strong opinions about this either way :/ Well, I do but they really counter one another.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ThereIsNo4thWall Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:16 pm

AlicornPriest wrote:I've been reminded by a wiser mind than mine that this was a mistake. The game has been cancelled.

Well, I'll admit, this feels like a shot right in the face of mah hopes and dreams, (hyperbole for the win, though yeah this is bumming me out quite a bit) but I understand if life has you busy and there's just too much going on to let you run a campaign and stuff for the moment. Heck, I'm starting college on the 19th and I have no idea how I was going to balance that and this with my other stuff, so maybe this is for the best. At any rate. I hope to see ya in the future and maybe we can do this campaign when you're ready. In the mean time I'll probably ignore this site until my friend and I both feel ready to try again on here, since the only thing I was going on this thing was checking this thread, and now I'm kinda MEH about joining a campaign with college looming over my head.

Anyway, thanks for the fun though, it was nice at least talking on here and getting a character made. Best of luck with life!
ThereIsNo4thWall
ThereIsNo4thWall
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  AlicornPriest Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:55 pm

Friendship Letter:
Since I'm sure that horribly long friendship letter explains nothing, I'm back and ready to try again. I'm sure most of you are gone, and some of you are angry with me, but if anyone is still willing, I want to start over. For those of you who I selected last time: there is still a place for you. Understand that it was not my intention at all to trivialize your joining my game. What can I say? There is no game without you, and I'm honored and happy that you created a character for my game and wanted to play with me. I can completely understand how you felt betrayed, so if you don't want to play with me, then I completely understand. But I still have a story to tell, and I would love to have you back.

To those of you I rejected: depending on how many people decide they don't want to play with me, I'll have some openings. In fact, I am willing to take one more person, also, so please consider making a character I can use. Before I closed the game, we had one of everything except for Honesty and Generosity, and we had two Magics. If you can, bear that in mind during your character creation. By the way, this includes people who haven't given me a character sheet yet. If you want to play, give me a sheet. Hay, what do you have to lose?

Ah, and there is one other thing I mentioned that needs correcting. I had said earlier that you won't be getting the Elements of Harmony in this game. Well... I've been doing some designing for this game, and that might not be true anymore... Wink
AlicornPriest
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:20 pm

Just so you know Hum (Drago) is likely gonna be gone for about a week. As for myself, I've already decided to use my proposed character elsewhere and am unlikely to re-sign up for this game as I don't actually want to play with Logan or Ping (and especially not both of them).
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:27 pm

Don't have to worry, Ramsus. I'm actually not going to be playing. My interest started to wane once Conan was turned away, and right now I'd prefer to play my next campaign with Ping and Conan. Sorry, Alicorn. I'd love to play with you as the dm, but I would prefer to play with the other 2, and I sort of need to save a slot in my schedule for a campaign with them.

I also don't want to bother you with a PC that you don't quite want, as a manipulator.

Last edited by LoganAura on Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:28 pm

I am still in. And I will totally switch Adam to Honesty, if necessary.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:29 pm

Well, my internet hasn't gone out yet, and when it does it will be back on thursday or friday apparently. So I'd be willing to come back to this game.
Drago765
Drago765
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:30 pm

Congratulations, Alicorn. I'm glad to see you haven't fallen into a permanent funk - I've seen far too many people catch themselves in a vicious cycle of self-hate.

However, I won't be continuing with my application. My character already has a place in a different game (as a backstory NPC) and the entrance is shaky ground as is. I wish you all the best and hope things go well!

If I've any parting words, remember that much of the time barriers drive creativity. If you don't feel the current characters fit, you can ask for retooling or decline them before final judgement.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:31 am

Huh. Ok... then. I guess I'll make a character, providing it seems there's ample enough interest from other parties still (and assuming AP is ok with having me as a player). I'm not really sure who's still interested besides Z2 and Drago. You should certainly add to the first post anything you've said so far about what kind of characters you're looking for.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

False Gods - Trial Run - Page 4 Empty I knew occasionally stalking this thread would pay off somehow!

Post  ThereIsNo4thWall Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:54 am

I'm totally still in, though my best friend is still out, and alas, it appears a lot of others have dropped as well. Still, I have no idea what ya got planned or how many people you need or how many people you'd just prefer to have or anything, and I also have no idea what you've been struggling against with the world and such (cuz it appears to me everyone is aware of some epic struggle that just occurred and I'm just sitting here like a dork) but I'm glad you're doing alright and excited for the story whenever it starts!

(also I'd REALLY LIKE TO BE A DRAGON CUZ THAT WOULD BE AWESOME BUT MAYBE I PROBABLY SHOULDN'T BE BUT NOW THAT I THINK BACK ON HOW MUCH I THINK DRAGONS ARE AMAZING BEING A DRAGON WOULD BE AWESOME BUT I DUNNO WHAT DO)

((So yeah, if you have any preference please let me know, but my dragon would PRETTY MUCH BE my current guy just as a dragon... Cuz all my characters are just "Me + Fantasy stuff = result" *sweatdrop*))
ThereIsNo4thWall
ThereIsNo4thWall
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:20 pm

[Redacted]

Last edited by Ramsus on Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:53 am

AP, hello? Where you be?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  AlicornPriest Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:12 pm

What the hay?1 Why aren't I getting any emails about these coming in? Mad 
But... *sigh* I left it up for a week, and I got one character and a promise for another character. So... I guess it's not happening.
AlicornPriest
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:55 pm

You really should stop being so pessimistic. People tend to assume a game ends up filled in the first few days. You don't even have a "(X many slots open)" or whatnot thing on the topic and you can always say you're recruiting people in the thread for that. There's also a brand new player to the forum who you could contact, etc. Additionally, there largely wasn't much activity here because you weren't responding.

You have at least three players interested and you don't really need more than four. I'm sure you can easily get five or six if you put in a bit of effort.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum