Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

+6
Clockeye
Fury of the Tempest
tygerburningbright
sunbeam
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
10 posters

Page 19 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 38  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP - Page 19 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

Post  Crystalite Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:56 pm

"...Think of that what you will," I finished with a sigh. The interviewer stamped a piece of paper - my ID, apparently - with a big red APPROVED, and pushed it towards me. I rolled it up and stuck it into my saddle bag on the floor. I strapped it on and started to leave...

...when suddenly there was a loud BOOM as the whole building shook. I had experienced earthquakes before, but they don't go BOOM! An explosion, probably.

I immediately sprang into action; time to make this newest STOMP member useful, as I started towards where I judged the sound to have come from...

Checks:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP - Page 19 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:05 pm

"Maybe I could help out a bit." Gearick said, when Brisk Iron said that she was going to get the team ready to jump them to the bay, as speed was nessecary. "I'm not a specialized teleporter like them, but I do know how to teleport, and even if that's not able to help, I should be able to help them by providing my own magical energy."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:01 am

With uncanny attention to detail, the hippogriff suddenly realized that it was not one but three simultaneous explosions he had heard.  Two were nearby while the other was much farther away.  Easily reaching the closest one, he found a collapsed hallway though he did not know which direction it would have led.

Meanwhile, Brisk Iron turned to Gearick with mild surprise at the suggestion.
 "That...that should help, yes.  I'll also get Silver Swirl to join in.  I'm worried at how unconventional the jump will be.  We have a beacon of sorts outside Caballuston city limits in case we had to make a teleport evacuation but we've never used it and never planned for using it for anything other than the Keep headquarters."  Gathering the teleport team and Princess Silver Swirl, the four members of the STOMP team were readied for the jump.

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:46 am

As I sped toward the explosion, it occured to me that it hadn't sounded right to be just one blast; I decided there must have been several. There was the first one; a collapsed hallway. No dinero. I thought of trying to help with the wreckage or looking for wounded; but no, there were other ponies to do that. I needed to figure out what was going on with the explosions. I headed off for the next one...

Checks:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:12 am

Gearick closed his eyes, and focused his magic, lending it to the unicorn team, while weaving in his own magic, preparing for a teleportation but not actually performing the teleport himself, simply laying the framework of the spell for the others to use... at least, that was the theroy. Gearick however, was tired. He hadn't gone to sleep at all for about 24 hours, and it was starting to show. His magic slowing, not quite slugish but not enough to do the job in a quick timeframe.

Arcana:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:47 pm

Professor Field quickly notices that Gearick is faltering and immediately begins chanting a spell to bolster the unicorn's magic.
Roll:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:18 am

"So much for getting some sleep..." Grease said with a chuckle. "As always, I'm a big battery." He poked his bow tie, and idly considered lightly shocking Gearick to wake him up, but discarded the idea as near-suicidal. He instead groped for Gearick's framework and fed his electricity into it, adding pure power to the spell.

OOC:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:13 am

As the STOMP team attempted to build up the magical might to power the jump, Hector raced through the Keep base in search of the site of the second explosion.  Blitzing through with the speed of a thunderbolt, he soon managed to reach a dimly lit area with a sizable hole in the floor.  Looking down, he could see a blue unicorn mare with a black mane assisting a changeling.  The mare reacted in shock to Hector's sudden arrival, her eyes going wide and her head rolling off! She then giggled with a giddy yet malevolent glee as she disappeared. The changeling then took off running through the lower hallway.

OOC:

Last edited by ZamuelNow on Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:44 am

I managed to make my way to the second explosion site to find that it was apparently time for a new floor. I peered down at the two ponies inside. I gaped for a minute when lost her head... quite literally, before vanishing in a poof. I shook the vision out of my head. The other also perplexed me. I had seen changelings before... in pictures, in part of the Equestrian History Study I did during my citizenship preparation. He (She?) ran off while I was processing this. I leaped down to chase...

...But wasn't quite fast enough. Electricity shot through mey veins like so much adrenaline, creating sparks around me as I struggled to gain speed and catch up...

Athletics:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  kingofsouls Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:06 am

Turquoise tree advances deeper, wanting to have more Information before contacting Stout Spirit.

MEANWHILE

Stout Spirit attempts to assist with the magic via spirit channeling

arcana:

kingofsouls
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:57 pm

As Turquoise Tree ventured further, the light became brighter, bathing the area in yellow.  The clank and whir of machinery slowly started with a pronounced rhythm as if it were to mimic breathing.  The area had a pronounced pins and needles feel to the very air.

As the teleport team began to grow weary and falter, there was a sudden surge of arcane power.  Hurtling through the void, the STOMP team found themselves standing in what seemed to have been a warehouse at one point.  However, the area freshly smelled of smoldering debris and there was a hole in the ground that seemed to be a tunnel.  A bewildered Muse looked around in shock,
"What..?  I wasn't supposed to come through on the jump!"

As klaxons blared within Keep headquarters, the changeling gave a sneer as Hector managed to catch up.  Despite slowly fading from visibility, Hector could tell that the changeling was about to go on the offensive!

OOC:

Last edited by ZamuelNow on Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:18 pm

Combat Stuff:

Hector regarded the changeling for a moment, gauging when they would collide. With an expert flick of his wings, he met the changeling with his claws...

...Only to launch himself up high towards the ceiling, far out of reach. He let off a stream of rude-sounding curses in his native Griffon; which he did not believe the changeling could understand, but could not be mistaken as anything other than insulting.

Translation:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:42 am

"Yes this is a quite strange turn of occurrences. I truly hope we are at least near our intended destination additionally a sense of concern is building due to that tunnel the only reason one would build a tunnel within a abandoned building is an attempt to covertly reach something protected." Field then briefly steps out of the building attempting to figure out where they are from whatever he can. Upon returning to the group he quickly takes a look into the tunnel.

roll:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:39 pm

The changeling made a quiet chuckle, slowly moving towards the wall and becoming even less visible as Hector arced upwards.

As Professor Fields got his bearings, he was able to tell that the building was about two miles north of Caballuston city limits.  It would be easy enough to get back if they survived the ordeal.  The tunnel seemed unremarkable from where he stood but it did have a faint yellow glow.

Last edited by ZamuelNow on Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Hector did not think much about the vanishing act; oh, he noticed, but he did not have time to think, the act was already done. He turned back downwards, speeding towards where he thought he must be, electricity sparking off of him like mad! He crashed down on the spot in a terrific flash...

...and gracefully flipped over backwards onto his feet, letting off another surge mainly for show.

Translation:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:21 pm

Hector felt something like a small pinprick inside him. Initial inauspicious, the feeling intensified like an explosive inferno. While the intensity subsided, there was something painful still lingering as an unseen voice continued its laughter.

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:47 pm

Hector staggered slightly in confusion at the pain inside. He hadn't experienced anything quite like it... and the coward was hiding now! He needed to make him visible. He scooped up a clawful of dirt, and spat into, making a sort of mud. He then let off another bolt into the ground... hopefully, it would traverse to wherever the changeling was. He waited to see if he would respond somehow, listening carefully to throw his fistful of mud out and add some visibility to the enemy...

Translation:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:19 pm

Tagging the changeling with the grounded lightning, the mudball struck true. With the most brief of profanities mumbled, the enemy seemed to be trying to gauge Hector's approach yet slowly tiring from battle.

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:28 pm

((In hindsight, should've waited to dismiss. D'oh!))

Hector smiled to himself. Seeing his foe more clearly, he leaped up over his head, lashing out with his hind legs as he swept upwards for another blow...

Spoiler:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:12 pm

The changeling paused in place and looked up at Hector. A toothy grin was flashed in smug assurance.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:21 pm

Hector was too focused to notice the smug look his opponent was sporting. He hurtled back down towards the ground, lightning cracking in all directions...

However, he swerved up at the last moment! With perfect timing, he allowed the lightning bolts to strike the changeling while still remaining airborne; instinct told him he needed to fight defensively for a while...

Spoiler:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:36 pm

While Hector's graceful flight allowed him to deftly avoid physical contact with the changeling, it put him right in the path of a sizable chunk of ceiling that was telekinetically thrust upon him.  With that, the changeling started to run.

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:22 am

ZamuelNow wrote:
As the teleport team began to grow weary and falter, there was a sudden surge of arcane power.  Hurtling through the void, the STOMP team found themselves standing in what seemed to have been a warehouse at one point.  However, the area freshly smelled of smoldering debris and there was a hole in the ground that seemed to be a tunnel.  A bewildered Muse looked around in shock, "What..?  I wasn't supposed to come through on the jump!"

"Don't worry too much Muse, at least we've all still got all our teeth." Grease says, giving Muse a quick once-over to make certain she's alright. "It seems awfully likely that the tunnel leads into whatever city we were aiming at, so let's just take the tunnel into town and see what's down there." he continues, checking to make certain everyone else isn't suffering from anything worse than dizziness as Professor Fields returns to the group.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:04 am

Hector squawked in pain as the roof fell in on his head. Struggling to get out, he saw the changeling running off. He grumbled to himself; he couldn't catch up right now! He stopped to wipe a line of blood trickling off his brow... and conceded that the enemy would just have to be given a momentary respite as he freed himself from the rubble...

Spoiler:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:45 pm

As far as Grease could tell, the group was no worse for wear.  Meanwhile, the changeling started to get a lead as Hector cleared the rubble off of himself.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 38  Next