Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

+6
Clockeye
Fury of the Tempest
tygerburningbright
sunbeam
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
10 posters

Page 3 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 38  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP - Page 3 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:21 pm

Professor Field strokes his beard as he ponders the situation. " Allow me to think aloud of a moment about your challenge. Judging solely from your looking at the cup one could come to the conclusion that you wish for us to dispel the electromagnetic field that you presumably anchored metal object embedded within the floor. But why something so trivial? Such a task would be solely pandering to the single Pegasus and perhaps to a certain degree the Lightning Dragon. So then is it not what you put onto the cup but what is inside it? If you wish for us to reprimand Keg for his drinking but then that would be needlessly undermining the team by sowing seeds of discord. I truly can not understand what you are trying to do at the moment. I am sorry for my own incompetence."

Assist:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP - Page 3 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

Post  Mind Gamer Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:25 pm

Weather-Crafting Roll:
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:37 pm

"I disagree professor. I doubt Brisk Iron would want use to go against her in anyway after we've just met." Gearick said, turning to face the smart minotaur. "Especially when its something like allowing one of our colleges to drink. Its the drinking that has displeasure her and make use seem unprofessional, to which I am in full agreement. If we have to do anything as a team, I would suggest we first make sure no one drinks, so we all have a clean head."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:03 am

An echoing boom of thunder rattles the room as Brisk Iron is blown backwards and her glasses crack. Walking forward with an arched eyebrow, she stepped out from behind the desk and walked among the group.  "The question...was entirely open ended.  I simply wanted to see how you reacted.  There's a bevy of emotion here and conflicting ideas with surprising overlap.  No, you shouldn't be drinking during such dire consequences.  However, differences among you must be understood and respected, rather than give way to disharmony.  Protection of teammates is to be lauded but reacting to every small slight allows you to be goaded by your enemies.  All that said I'll ask again, do you have what it takes?"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:06 am

"Do we have what it takes? I don't know. This is the first time I'm doing anything like this, so I have no idea how I will do, how well I'll fare. However, I am confident in my own skills as a spellweaver and a mage. I currently know little about by teamates, but I am confident they each bring their own skills to the table that will help us achieve our goal." After he spoke, Gearcik stepped forwards and began to examine the pictures that was presented to them, attempting to commit them to memory. The appear of the Princess especially, as she was very important to find and help, perhaps rescue. Even as he did so, his mind raced, thinking back through his long time of reading and researching to see what facts and details he could come up with.

History Checks:

Last edited by Fury of the Tempest on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:09 am

Melisma took in a breath, then cast a small glare over to Brisk Iron as she walked. "If you endanger a teammate of mine, you will be given a chance to back down. If you do not, you will face us all. Regardless of who you are or how powerful you claim to be, you will fall before I let my comrades perish."

Then, she bent down on one leg in a respectful manner to the gray Pegasus, wings folded. "You have my word I will keep them safe. I will keep everyone safe if I can."
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:13 am

"Judging from the amount of alcohol he brought in with him, it is entirely possible that Kegs here is more functional drunk than sober these days," Grease says slowly, surprisingly serious now that he completely recognizes Brisk Iron. He pushes himself off of the wall he was leaning on, and moved over to Kegs, hopping up on a chair and putting a hand on the bottom of the mug to absorb any excess charge. He then spits a small bolt of lightning into his other hand and waves it around as the electricity arcs between his claws, which he hopes will draw in other excess electricity in the air, if any is left over to accompany the slight smell of ozone after that thunderclap. "Kegs, how long have you been drinking?" He asks absently, as he turns to Gearick. "I've fixed enough carriage wrecks to know that alcohol can be dangerous, but it does have its uses. For one, Hypothetically, it may keep this ball of brawn fully functional. For another, a glass or two can help some of us calm down in the worst of times. Furthermore, you never know when it might be nice to get the enemy drunk. And lastly," He says, a grin breaking through is serious facade for just a moment, "Alcohol will certainly make the adventure more memorable, and I can't guarantee that I'LL be function at peak performance if this whole thing isn't worth remembering later."

"Madam Brisk Iron, please understand a few things," Grease says, moving so that he can listen to whatever Gearick says while facing the serious figure at the door. He takes a breath, then fixes her with a surprisingly steely stare, looking almost haunted. "I am not here to save the world. I am not here to be a hero. I am here to have an adventure. I am here to make memories. So if you keep supplying me with destinations, journeys, and travels, I will do my level best to hold up my end of whatever bargain we make. I am confident that I can succeed at whatever task you give me, as long as we understand each other and work together. I have what it takes to do what you requested, but I'm not here to be somebody's vassal."

He blinks, and a spark snaps between his eyebrows. "On a lighter note, that next to last sentence of mine has a double meaning. From what I've seen, I'm actually rather confident that when push comes to shove, this team can work together quite nicely, as long as the situation demands it."

((EDIT: I've been ninja'd twice now. Oy gevalt. More to the point, sorry if bits of this don't fit into what just happened too well.))
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:57 am

"Your premise is incorrect. We are neither in dire circumstances, unless you have been occluding from us the fact that there is imminent peril within an hour's journey from our location, nor do I believe has anyone stolen anything of relevance to this organization, Spotlight says-" Spotlight says before being interrupted by Zero, "What? Wait. I got the part about how you basically said it's not a big deal if we're drinking right now but, I think you misunderstood something with that second part." Spotlight responds, "Indeed, any intoxicants consumed at this time are unlikely to cause impairment during a later critical moment. You may be correct Zero. The question of 'do you have what it takes?' seemed incorrect and I adjusted for the nearest comprehensible question of 'do one of you have what unnamed subject has taken slash is prone to taking?' Spotlight explains seeking further clarification." "Oh. Yeeeah that's... it doesn't mean that. It's just a phrase that means if we are up to the task or tasks." Zero explains. "I see. I have a new query. How poorly is this organization run? Spotlight asks fearing he suspects the answer." Spotlight responds. "Whoah, hold up there! I know where you're going with this and-" Zero says but, Spotlight just talks over her. "We have already received a similar line of questioning with a more directed approach and given suitable answers. This implies that either A) Brisk Iron has not be briefed properly which denotes a severe lack of coordination in this organization or B) Brisk Iron is wasting our time forcing us to go through a round of testing she knows we have already passed for her own personal reasons, Spotlight says suspecting the later with some amount of irritation." Zero gives a small groan and says, "In the future, just let me humor such questions and stay silent. It will be less painful for all involved." "I do not see the logic in this plan, however as I am lacking sufficient data, I will do as you request until I can formulate an acceptable response of my own, Spotlight says agreeably despite not being in any sort of pain." Spotlight agrees.

Zero turns back to face Brisk Iron and says, "Right. Yeah. So, Yes. Our answer is yes. Gosh now I think I actually need that drink."

History checks:
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:20 pm

"While I must admit that Young Spotlight does have a point it is rather odd as well as rather admirable that you need to ask yourself what others have already asked. Anyway I answer yes I will do what ever I can to support this group." Field says gently nodding and smiling at Brisk Iron.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:06 pm

The mechanized marvel and studious unicorn contemplate what all prior research they can recollect about the timely topics at hand.  The Temple of the Ninth Life was previously thought to be lost to the world after a cataclysm destroyed the few maps available for locating it.  Sitting out in the Pacifilly Ocean, the civilization that used to live there sought out the secrets to living forever.  This brought them numerous enemies and plunderers until it the loss of its maps.

The Cat's Yawn is considered an old wives tale among griffins.  Ranging from misbehaving children to wandering spouses it's often warned that a mysterious trumpeter will come in the night to whisk them away, helpless within its thrall as they commit atrocities upon home and kin.

And what of the Princess?  Co-leader of the island nation known as the Brayzores, Silver Swirl has a reckless love of adventure that is only surpassed by her unbounded thirst for knowledge.  She has singlehoofedly rediscovered a number of lost cultures bordering the Pacifilly Ocean and is highly regarded within the historical community.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:28 pm

Upon hearing the group's response, Brisk Iron collected everything back into the file folder and passed it to Grease.  With that, she headed to the door.  "Come with me, we need to get you ready for the jump.  We have a crew of unicorns who will be able to teleport you to our collaborators in Neighpon.  In that time zone it will be night so we'll have our zeppelin carrier get you as close to the island as possible, drop you off, then loop back around in 24 hours to pick you up.  You'll have a smaller vehicle of choice for once you're in range.  On the island, the aid of the princess who managed to escape will contact you.  It's a telepathic griffin named Muse.  She may be superstitious at times but that's sometimes more useful than you'd think in this business.  I believe that all of you are capable so luck and superstitions aren't in play here."  Upon reaching the transport room, the team could see a large rune circle with several unicorns standing around it.  "Any final questions before you go?"

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:38 pm

Gearick smiled in relief when Brisk Iron seemed to accept the words of the others. He decided to tactically not respond to Grease's comments about alcholol. It was a bit of a touchy subject for him, so he simply decided to drop it. Nor did he speak up or show his distaste that Grease got the folders and not him, or the Professor. Still, Grease was a smart dragon, so he wasn't the worst choice by far.

He followed Brisk Iron along with the others, wondering how much the others knew about the temple, the artifact or the princess. He was worried about the temple in particular, and what might occur there, and wanted to bring it up. He stayed silent for now however, waiting for a more appropriate time. So, when it was asked if there was any further questions, all he had to say was.

"One quick one. What happens if the zeppelin is unable to pick us up after the 24 hours are up?"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:00 am

"I also have a question, stated Spotlight. What is Basic Glory's current status?" Spotlight asked.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:04 am

"Muse has contacts in Neighpon she can reach telepathically.  She can contact them if they need to pick you up.  There's some basic rations you'll be given in case of such an emergency.  As far as Basic Glory, we hope he's with the princess though I'm glad you've been keeping up with foreign dignitaries and their assistants.  Was actually surprised Muse was the one who managed to reach us instead of him."

Last edited by ZamuelNow on Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:33 am

Melisma, at the same point, ended up with a smile almost as wide as her wingspan. This was the kind of thing she had never experienced before in her life, but craved. A mass teleport by Unicorn magic, across the planet? To begin a wild and amazing new journey of adventure and excitement and learning? What more could she want?

Still. Some things came to mind. She had a task to do now. People to protect, to heal, to rescue. And she needed something in the way of knowledge going in.

Turning her head to her fellow Pegasus, Melisma gave a brief stretch of her wings, her cape flowing out over her back. "May I ask the atmospheric conditions of our destination at the moment? I wish to know what I will have to work with in the skies."

Last edited by Mind Gamer on Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Destination changed from Location. ...Kinda silly.)
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:35 am

"First off, who's Basic Glory?" Grease asked.
"Second off, we get to take A ZEPPELIN?!" he said, stating it as much as asking for confirmation, as he starts to grin and bounce a little in excitement.

Last edited by sunbeam on Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:37 am

"That'd be the princess' baby dragon companion." answers Zero.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:10 am

"The larger zeppelin will be your initial transport though you'll have a different vehicle for the mission itself.  And do try to keep it in one piece, Grease.  The Keep already has to take the cost of that table you scorched during your interview out of your paycheck.  As far as weather, the island is surrounded by a perpetual fog while Neighpon is partially cloudy."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:15 am

Professor Field having silently stayed at the rear of the group merely nods his head to signal that he is ready...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:08 pm

"Don't worry, I only blow things up when it serves a purpose or makes a point. Also, since I've basically already paid for that desk, can I have it? Just leave it down in the generator room, and I'll move it around when I get back." Grease asked, settling down a little and walking evenly once more.
A spark passed between his eyebrows again, and his eyes widen for a second. "Hold that thought." He said, darting back into the briefing room and coming out with a stuffed knapsack slung over his shoulder. "I almost forgot about my gearkit," he says, chuckling.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:37 pm

"That's reasonable, I'll make sure it's moved there.  Alright, everyone walk to the center of the circle and relax.  This will tickle a bit."  The unicorns' entire bodies began to emit a pale pink light which soon filled the room.  Each of the team members feels something similar to having their face powdered but all over their body.  Suddenly, there's a falling sensation, as if being dropped from the greatest of heights!  Hurtling and spinning until...stopping.  Almost like a mother griffin cradling her hatchlings in her wings.  Around the team is different set of unicorns that are clearly drained.  As a group of attendants check the group to make sure there were no injuries, Lichen Field hears a familiar voice.

"Professor? Welcome!
It's good you got into STOMP.
Chat later, LET'S GO!"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:14 pm

Professor Field rather needlessly dusts himself off upon landing. When the voice calls out he turns to face the Zebra. "Tensai it's been far too long. Yes, time is of the essence. So shall you lead the way now?"
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:11 pm

The zebra hurriedly led everypony to the transport zeppelin and my was it a beaut!  Ready to be released from the dock as soon as the team boarded, it was as tall as three buildings and painted with a starry facade that blended in with the night sky.  The cabin was quite roomy, allowing space for the team, a few workers, and a mysterious crate.

"Here's the smaller blimp.
Have tools and gems for upgrades
Top of the line stuff!

I will contact Muse
If somepony else pilots.
Any volunteers?"

With everypony on board, the massive vessel was released to silently begin its mission.  Not just villains can use the cover of darkness, fillies and gentlecolts.  Our heroes shall swoop in to serve justice in the night!

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:32 pm

"If I can use that crate as a stool, I have the eyes to be a decent pilot, but I think I'd be a better mechanic. What powers this little guy, anyways?" says Grease, more surprised by Professor saying three sentences in a vaguely congenial tone than the sudden appearance of a zebra and an awesome blimp. Feeling comforted does that to creatures.
As they walked towards the smaller blimp, Grease pulls out the sheaf of papers Brisk Iron had given him and flips through it, looking for any details she might have missed out on.

OOC:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:15 pm

"I would be a rather capable pilot though it has been quite a few years since the last time I flew. However I am more wondering what exactly is within that rather out of place crate.." Field then approaches the box and carefully opens it up.

OOC Athletics roll?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 38  Next