Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luna's Command: The Continuing Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Topic Two, to be Absolutely Clear)

+10
Elacular
Xel Unknown
Curunir
casey1859
RandomNumbers9041
deonte9109
Dusk Raven
Retrokinesis
Paper Shadow
AProcrastinatingWriter
14 posters

Page 5 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Go down

Luna's Command: The Continuing Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Topic Two, to be Absolutely Clear) - Page 5 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Continuing Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Topic Two, to be Absolutely Clear)

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:38 pm

Scorch lifts Wandering Eye onto his back and takes to the skies. "Right then, I'm ready now," he chuckles as he unloads heaps of fire all over the battlefield while giving the unicorn on his back a clear shot for his curses...

(Regeneration 2)
(Flametongue (Talisman of Weapons))
(Scorched Earth: All of the remaining enemies except Earth Pony Guard C)

HP: 21
Pips: 1
Status: Regeneration 2, +3 to Saving Throws, Wielding Flametongue

(Remember Dusky, Despair only hits six creatures, so you'll have to decide on one creature to not hit as well. Also, if you'd rather not be in the air, just say so in the OOC thread and I'll edit it out...)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Luna's Command: The Continuing Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Topic Two, to be Absolutely Clear) - Page 5 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Continuing Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Topic Two, to be Absolutely Clear)

Post  Dusk Raven Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:57 pm

It was a bit hard to concentrate while on the back of a flying teenaged dragon, but Wandering Eye did his best. Focusing on the pain of his foes, the flames marking targets for the spell that was to come. Runes and glyphs surrounded his horn, and after a moment's concentration a blast of arcane might spread outward from his horn in a ring. As the ring of violet energy swept over the battlefield, his allies were unharmed, but certain foes were zapped with eldritch energy.

Action:

Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:34 pm

The Minotaur sinks to one hoof and one knee, crying in pain, as his allies around him fall to the earth, looking pained. Most don't get up again.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:36 am

OOC:
"Hey you big and ugly? Catch!" Iggy yells tossing 'ol faithful.
Combat:
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:46 am

The minotaur responds by bringing his still-vibrating axe down upon the chakram, but misses slightly, the edged disk hitting a certain special spot on the axehandle.

The resulting explosion splashes, more than radiates, around the room, magical fire settling everywhere as several creaturses, ally and enemy alike, cry out in terror and suffering.

Smoke begins rising from the disappearing flames, and several coughs are heard. Somewhere in the darkness, a certain Nightbound looks on the scene in no small amount of terror.

After a few more moments, the smoke bursts apart to reveal the minotaur, battle suit practically ripped off entirely (save, thankfully, for the area around his crotch). His skin is pulsing red, unnatural, and he's truly roaring now - not a trace of a moo left in his breath as he swings his single axe (the other now destroyed) in a wide arc, scattering electricity everywhere and reigniting the flames.

Inferno.

Spoiler:

The inferno parts, scattered lighting converging once more onto Lieutenant Grizzle, who has a wild look in his eyes as he allows the sparks to dance along his sword. "So," he whispers. "Here we are."

He moves like lightning. His strike sounds as thunder. The minotaur, knowing his better now, sinks to the ground at last.Grizzle follows a few scant moments after, a smile playing across his face.

Across the room, a single Earth pony realizes just how alone he is against this horde and shakingly raises his weapon. "Do...don't come any closer!" he cries. "I swear I'll-"

"Shush," Private Plug says, conking him upside the head with the handle of his dagger. The ECHO grunt slides to the ground with a soft sigh. "We've had a long day, ain't that right, Grizzle?"

Spoiler:

"...Grizzle?" Plug asks again, in a softer voice. "Sir?" it's almost like a mewling now.

Grizzle isn't moving.

"Empty Night," Plug breathes, dashing over to his superior. A moment's check for breath and he looks up at the party, eyes pleading. "Please...any of you...you have to help...look, Brilli, I know I-I'm not supposed to freak out, I've been trained for this, but the old colt was...look, I never thought he was..." he swallows a little. "Oh Luna, he isn't breathing, Brill!"

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:33 pm

Luthier rushed over to Plug's side - clearly unnerved by Plug's reaction and shocked by the situation himself.  

"...What?  How...  He was fine... fighting... a moment ago.  He can't be..."  Luthier quieted himself so he could get a look at Grizzle, and see what was wrong.  It was possible to bring ponies back from the brink of death, but unfortunately...

He shook his head.  "I'm no doctor.  Wish Luna had had the foresight to send us one...  There must be something we can do.  You're in the military, don't either of you have any medical training?" He said, directed at Plug and Shimmer.  Meanwhile, a variety of simple medical implements began popping into existence with a small chime.  Luthier grabbed a stethoscope and listened to random places on Grizzle's body  "If we can figure out what's wrong... maybe... I can help."

Healing:
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:46 pm

"...Damn!" Wandering Eye rushed over to Grizzle as well. He'd grown attached to most members of the group, and Grizzle was not the exception. He hurried about trying to find some way to resuscitate the medic. "This is his job, blast it!"

Heal Check:
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:04 pm

Though the two ponies work furiously with magic and hooves (and a throw pillow), their efforts seem to have no real effect - Grizzle is breathing again, and that's good, but it's so slow that it almost seems to make no difference.

Plug is slwoly claming down. "I think...I think I heard about this in camp now, but it was in passing, and...it's a-a-a-an instinct sort of thing, like trotting in place when we're nervous, or biological, I don't....I don't know. Sometimes, after a pony pushes their body to the limit, they start holding their breath without really controlling it...like, their airway's partially collapsed, sometimes, and other times it's just that we're actually taking in...taking in too much oxygen, you know?" He puts his hoof to his forehead. "Of course, I could, could be wrong. Either way, this is beyond first aid...like you said, if the old geezer were awake, he'd know what to do."

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:35 pm

Scorch picks himself up from the ground (assuming the grand inferno by the Minotaur caused him to crash), too drained from the entire night to even be angry. He looks at his own injuries, then everyone else, the way back, and the way forward. "Now what?" he asks...

(Bloodied)
HP: 5
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:34 am

Brilliant says nothing after the battle, attempting to maintain a calm face for the civilians... and Plug. She hovers behind the other unicorns, ready to step-in and try to help if something goes wrong, but they seem to have things well in-hoof. Or at least as well as can be expected, given the situation. When she sees Grizzle breathing again, however slowly, she lets out a sigh of relief and clasps Wandering and Luthier on the backs. "Good work you two. And... thank you. You have the gratitude of the Royal Guard and myself in particular"

She trots over to Plug and nods at him reassuringly. "He'll be fine". Turning to the group as a whole, she has a fierce determination in her eyes. "We need a plan. Our target has likely escaped. The Princesses and the rest of the Guard are MIA. Grizzle's out of commission for now and most of us are wounded. I suggest we find a defensible location, fortify it with forcefields, and dig our hooves in until reinforcements arrive". Celestia-knows-when that will be, but it's better than sitting here and waiting to be picked-off.
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:48 pm

There is a little cough from nearby. "Hey...everypony..." Cobbled Stone says, walking over to the scene. "What's going on in...urgh..."

The little colt gives off a great yawn, certain spells finally wearing off as he slowly curls up and gets to sleep.

Before anypony can comment on this...adorable?...sight, there is another rattling of the cave, though for once  the explosion comes from somewhere besides the room. On the hells of that great noise is the sound of scraping sticks, and two rather worn-out timberwolves stride into the room, quickly followed by a certain hippogriff, wings somewhat shaky.

""Hey again," the hippogriff says. ""We beat 'em...came to help you guys out some more..." he looks around at the devastation. ""Wow. Okay. Um..."

One of the wolves barks something quickly at the black birdpony, nudging the unmoving form of Grizzle. Plug stands up at this, looking worried.

"Just one?" the bird asks, taking another look around. ""Well...that's not good. Um..."

"Okay, hold on a second," Plug interjects. "Who the hay are you exactly, and why are you here?"

The hippogriff blinks twice, then closes its eyes, exhaling gently. There's a spark in them when he reopens them. "My name is Lunar. You guys may not remember me, but I remember you, and you all are in trouble. Everybody is, apparently." He walks over to Grizzle while Plug watches, unsure, but does not stop him. The hippogriff looks down at Grizzle for a moment. "Alright. You two, I want you to get yourselves home and take Mr. Grizzle with you. I'll stay here to explain what's going on, or at least as much as I've figured out, and then-"

He suddenly stops, looking down, shocked. Everypony else does, too, as Grizzle's hoof tightens further around the hippogriff's claws, sparks shooting up his hoof and into his wings. Rather than being hurt by this, Grizzle seems to take strength from the electricity, slowly staggering once more to all fours by using poor Lunar as leverage. "Not...me..." His breathing is still shallow, his stance wobbly. "My job...is not...done. I...am not done. Take young Stone over there," he indicates. "I will heal myself, but the colt is obviously too tired to take..." a shaking breath inwards, and Grizzle seems to stabilize a bit. "Take another step."

"Yeah, no," Plug bursts in once more. "You're not exactly high-stepping there yourself...sir." His shoulders slump a bit. "I'm sorry. You probably heard the way I broke down? It's just..." he sighed, then begins whispering.

The two converse in near-silence for a few moments before Grizzle turns away, leaving a worried-looking Plug in his wake. Then Grizzle stops, and says something a little louder. Plug smiles, but still doesn't precisely look happy. The turn finishes now, and Grizzle speaks once more to Lunar. "Please take the colt home - he's had enough for one night. And, Lunar," he smiles again. "It's good to have you back."

Spoiler:

Last edited by AProcrastinatingWriter on Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:23 pm

Scorch leans over to Wandering Eye and whispers "Do you know this guy?"

(History Check: 3 (Roll) + 5 (Bonus) = 8 Noooo I don't get to remember my Rock Buddy...)
(EDIT: Perception Check Which I Forgot About: 19 (Roll) + 8 (Bonus) = 27)

Last edited by Paper Shadow on Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:12 am

The hippogriff from before? Brilliant wracks her brain, one ear flopping towards Plug and Grizzle as well.
Spoiler:
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:33 pm

"You mean, aside from earlier?" Wandering Eye frowned. "I'm... not sure... maybe?" There was something oddly familiar about this Hippogriff... not that he'd seen a Hippogriff before tonight. This was the first one.

Checks:

Meanwhile, he turned to the sleeping Cobbled Stone. "I say we take the young colt back. He's done well for us so far, but he's no good to anyone like this."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:49 pm

Luthier wasn't trying to eavesdrop on Plug and Grizzle's conversation, but he did have sharp ears, and it was too easy for sound to travel in the silence.  Still, they were talking very quietly...

"Good to have you back?  Lunar?"  Luthier repeated after Grizzle, pondering.  

Luthier remembered thinking the Hippogriff seemed familiar when he and the timberwolves saved them earlier, but that seemed to be the only memory he had of this Lunar.  

"I agree- Cobbled's been in need of a good sleep all night, he should be the one to go- as long as you're sure you're going to be okay, Grizzle.  We could really use your help, but not if that means..."

Luthier choked up a bit, recalling the recent panic over whether Grizzle would make it or not.

Checks:
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:12 pm

Iggy mostly oblivious to what was happening with the others was still zipping around doing "victory" laps.
"Buck yeah Oooo that feels good to smell fresh blood on 'ol faithful. I really need to use her more often."
He finally lands near the others, "Hey how awesome did I look out huh? Dont tell me I already know. I was bucking amazing."
His brow and ears twitched when he felt Lunar's presence."You again? I fell like I met this aura before. Can't put my hoof on it. Pretty sure I didnt like you or maybe it was something else." Iggy babbled on while trying to eavesdrop on the secret conversation.
Rollz:
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:21 pm

deonte9109 wrote:Pretty sure I didn't like you or maybe it was something else." Iggy
"First option seems quite likely."
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:57 pm

Lunar nods and convays to his Timberwolf Allies to take Cobble Stone out of here with them.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  RandomNumbers9041 Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:48 pm

"...okay, since I'm the only one paying attention who's in the dark... can somepony explain who the hippogriff is, aside from my new hero?!"

Costume is practically bouncing in place from excitement at actually meeting a hippogriff... apparently he is failing at not fanboying. :I

RandomNumbers9041
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:13 am

Spoiler:

The timberwolves disappear with Costume Change in a white sparkling of motes and before anyone can respond to the poor confused Costume Change yet another explosion shakes the cavern.

This one, however, blows the cave wall open.

In through the hole strides a metallic beetle-like vehicle the size of three carriages, electronics humming faintly, echoing off and being amplified by the strange crystalline structure of the walls until they sound like the growling of a strange and terrifying beast. A few moments pass, in which the ponies within this monster presumably get their bearings. Brilliant Shimmer takes this time to set up the fortifications she'd just been alluding to, and thank goodness for that, as the strange tubes on the gigantic bug's back swerve around and fire a volley of fire and metal directly at the intrepid heroes who had made their way down here

"Well...let's not go back that way, then," everybody's favorite Nightbound shouts over the roar of the cannons. He sounds nervous, but more annoyed than anything.

"Indeed," Grizzle strides forward, drawing his sword almost instantly. His back is ramrod-straight, his eyes like fire, and his bleeding rather metal, all things considered. "And let us also be sure that this behemoth does not come any further forward."

The private shrugs, eyes widening for just a moment. "Sorry to drag you guys into yet another mess, but I guess old Grizzle-guts here can't help himse-"

"Not them, and not you."

"...you're gonna want to run that by me again," a hard edge has entered his voice.

Another shell smacks against the force field in the intervening silence, the noise of the strike shaking through everypony's bodies, felt more than heard. The fire fades away, leaving smoke, and a small crack in the field's integrity. The vehicle has stopped, reloading.

The lieutenant turns back. "By Luna's Command," he says, "We were to investigate this cave and return this civilians safely home. The mission has changed since then, yes, but the fact that we are to keep them safe has not!" He grits his teeth, sword-handle creaking slightly. "It is their choice to go further inwards - or it should be, rather, but no choice now, really- and time is short. That unicorn with the empty voice is doing something in there, and somepony has to stop him. We need to go now, and that means somepony needs to stay behind to hold this thing off! We can't fight this battle on two fronts, and we're running out of time."

Another shell crashes against the field. "But, sir!"

"Brilliant Shimmer would be the best pony for the job," Grizzle continues, "As she is the best Warmage we have, and a fine defensive fighter. However, we have two jobs, and I have placed protecting our charges at higher priority, just below stopping this madpony from whatever scheme he is concocting. That means she needs to go with them, and that' s an order, Warmage!" He takes a deep breath inwards, closing his eyes. His cuts do look more shallow now, but a good portion of his skin is still bloody, burnt, or both. "Between the two of us, I have a greater chance of shutting this beast down, using my magical lightning to counter theirs."

Another great explosion.

"And you're gonna do this alone?"

"I have to."

"No you don't" comes the reply, as the Private steps forward.

""Plug, I am ordering you-"

"You just almost kicked it in front of me; I am electing to ignore any decisions you make regarding leaving you to fight monsters alone." A smirk. "Besides," the dagger practically flies out of its holster, "You've been showing off all night. These guys haven't seen half of what I can do! Plus, you know we always work best together."

Grizzle stares at his fellow guard for a long moment over the rain of mortar. "Fine," he says at last. "I really should have known, shouldn't I?"

"Yup." The Nightbound looks back. "Get in there and stop that pony! With me and Grizzle both facing this thing, we'll be fine. Trust us!"

Reluctantly or eagerly as they might, (and with a last reinforcement of the field by Shimmer), the party enters the red door at the room's end. Its slamming shut marks the spreading of the guards' wings and legs, as both crouch down low and prepare to battle.

"Never seen you lie that well," Grizzle said casually as lightning swarmed his sword.

A blast sang throughout the cavern.

His fellow shrugged, wings helping the action. He'd been doing a lot of shrugging tonight. His dagger suddenly looked like it was squirming- a mirage of some sort. "Not really a lie. We've been in worse. Remember the Maw?"

A storm of fire and metal pierced partially through the field.

"I do remember. This is...significantly worse."

Another hammerstrike.

"Eh, guess it depends on your point of view. This time, there's nopony else to distract us."

The force field falls away with the noise of a thousand volcanic eruptions.

"Heh...if you say so. It has been an honor working with you."

And then Stromthrower Grizzle and Nightbound Spark leapt  swordfirst at the death machine before them.

The red door slammed shut behind the group.

There was a white glowing portal - no.

Sorry.

There was a white glowing rip, a run in the fabric of reality's pantyhose. That was the thing most noticeable about the (somewhat small) room everybeing is currently in, even though it was the thing furthest back.

About equidistant between the...thing and the group is a strange device, rodlike in basic shape (though several wires, panels, curves inward and buttons made the reality of the situation a tad more complex) with a off-white lens at the front. The white lens is currently firing a beam of grayish energy directly into the portal, though as if by quantum this stops as soon as the party observes it.

Just behind the machine, removing his horn from a hole in the back and standing up again, is the unicorn with the empty voice, as Grizzle called him. He turns back, horn still glowing with a similarly gray magic. He says nothing, but fires a beam of energy at the ground before the party, knocking up bunches of dirt and rock. While the dust settles, he then hoists the device over his broad shoulders with his magic and gallops into the opening, or rather the closing at the rate it is now disappearing.

The party follows, the last of the seven managing to get their extremities through the the white expanse just before it closes up behind them.

Silence reigns, despite the battle just outside.

The party lands in somewhat of a clump, frantically untangling from each other as fast as they can and looking about for the strange pony behind this whole mess.

He is nowhere in sight.

What is in sight is strange: blue, peaceful sky with white fluffy clouds, large trees not at all indeigneous to Equestria, cobbled stone roads (where is that scamp - right, he's gone, never mind), and the smell of nature and sound of screeching, roaring, humming, gallavanting animals.

Also, there are about two dozen zebras in tribal paint pointing sharp spears at the party. They all look angry. "Eikla woo dask ooday ommbababa?" one wearing a headdress asks.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:16 pm

Chapter Two
Young Volcanos

"Eikla woo dask ooday ommbababa?" the zebra repeats, a bit more harshly, and all step in closer, about a hoof so.

This, naturally, meant the spears were about a hoof closer as well.

Which naturally meant the points were about a hoof closer too.

It was beginning to get somewhat crowded around here - there was actually a hole in the circle of zebras, but it was unlikely that pointing out this technicality was going to make them just our heroes leave. Through that hole, a path could be seen, this one dirtier than the one currently being stood upon. Likely it was dirt. Where that path lead to, besides somewhere in the nearby jungle, could not be determined.

Daisy Glaze, I don't think we're in Hoofsdale anymore...

AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:40 pm

"Err, Don't suppose any of us speak Zebra?  No?  Didn't think so."  Luthier turned to face the speaking headdressed zebra.  "Hmm, well, you're making sounds, but we're not understanding- let's see if we can get at the meaning behind the sounds" Luthier's horn glowed as the air around him began to vibrate, faintly humming as he muttered some Coltalian musical words.  "...da capo...da capo... from the beginning... Aha!  And there we have it.  Excuse, me, could you please repeat yourself?"  Luthier smiled apologetically at the zebra, hoping (he?) wouldn't mind saying whatever he said a third time.

Spoiler:
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:52 pm

Lunar sighs a little in relief he was just about to fire of some lightning at the Zebras in a fit of panic.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:56 pm

After looking baffled at the words that were coming out of Luthier's mouth for several seconds, the zebra suddenly gains a look of complete comprehension - not that it ceases the harshness of his brow. "Then I shall hence repeat myself once more. Outsiders, why do you intrude upon the hunting grounds held sacred by our tribe?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:30 pm

"Ooh dear, it would seem we are trespassing on their sacred hunting grounds." Luthier explained to the rest of the group, who he realized still couldn't understand the zebra. Returning to the matter at hand, he replied to the zebra.

"We're terribly sorry about that, it's completely accidental.  You see, we were chasing an... evil sorcerer through a... magic door of his.  I don't suppose you saw him:  unicorn, like me, very large, possibly dressed in black?"  Luthier pointed to himself in case the zebras hadn't seen a unicorn before, and  held up his hooves to indicate the dimensions of the unicorn, and his extra-long horn.  "Even if you can't tell us where he went, if you could just tell us how to get out of your lands, and how to avoid making such a mistake again."

Persuasion:
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next