Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luna's Command: The Continuing Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Topic Two, to be Absolutely Clear)

+10
Elacular
Xel Unknown
Curunir
casey1859
RandomNumbers9041
deonte9109
Dusk Raven
Retrokinesis
Paper Shadow
AProcrastinatingWriter
14 posters

Page 7 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Go down

Luna's Command: The Continuing Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Topic Two, to be Absolutely Clear) - Page 7 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Continuing Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Topic Two, to be Absolutely Clear)

Post  Curunir Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:40 am

"Oh, please don't mind them, they're just having a disagreement between themselves, nothing to worry about- Iggy there tends to not get along well with anypony, and believe me some of us have tried." Luthier shrugged.  "But he was chosen specifically same as the rest of us for this mission- I'm sure our Princess had her reasons in selecting him."
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Luna's Command: The Continuing Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Topic Two, to be Absolutely Clear) - Page 7 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Continuing Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Topic Two, to be Absolutely Clear)

Post  Retrokinesis Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:22 am

Brilliant has said nothing this whole time, still processing the (extremely likely) death of her comrades in the Guard. She supposes there was a chance Princess Celestia or the Captain or somepony else had saved them, but it's unlikely. The Tribe of Mighty Griffon-Slayers? She wracks her brain for anything about them; maybe they were in the zebra homeland?

She continues to say nothing as Scorch and Iggy bicker. She eyes Iggy viciously; if they were truly so far away from home, it might be time to lose some dead weight. For the good of the mission, of course. Somehow, she doubts anypony else would mind.
Spoiler:
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:49 pm

"Your tribe's doctor," one of the zebras muses, "From what tribe do you come?"*

"We'll be coming upon our tribeslands soon," Zephel says, craning his neck over the approaching horizon.

*:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:13 pm

"Hm?  I thought I already said we were from Equestria." Luthier took a moment to see the source of the confusion.  "I can't really think of a better way to put it, but we don't really have different tribes- just the land we live in, although we do have a large number of different villages.  We used to have different tribes - a tribe of Earth Ponies, of Unicorns, and Pegasi... but that's a long story.  Perhaps one of us will tell it to later, if there's going to be a time for swapping tales.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:22 pm

deonte9109 wrote:"Well I wouldnt think he would be stupid enough to translate that. And what do you mean what's my problem? Just about everything we've met since leaving the castle has tried to off us in some shape or form. I'm just not willing to let anything else get the slip."
"Look," the dragon replies with a low growl, trying to make the "discussion" not the main focus here, "If these zebras already know Big Horn, Destroyer of Kingdoms, and some even like him, then we need them to trust us more, and if you can't even put a little bit of trust into them, how do you expect to make them trust us? If they are taking us to one who can understand us, then you can't make comments like that out loud, capisce?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:31 pm

Iggy couldn't help but agree with the dragon.
"Fine you have a point. However at the slightest provocation, I will do anything to protect my friends...."
Iggy surprised himself with the last word.
The buck did that come from.
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:33 pm

Scorch is equally surprised with that response. "Well, erm, me too," he concludes somewhat confused, considering giving the usually temperamental pegasus a pat on the back but chooses not to...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:35 pm

Curunir wrote:"Hm?  I thought I already said we were from Equestria." Luthier took a moment to see the source of the confusion.  "I can't really think of a better way to put it, but we don't really have different tribes- just the land we live in, although we do have a large number of different villages.  We used to have different tribes - a tribe of Earth Ponies, of Unicorns, and Pegasi... but that's a long story.  Perhaps one of us will tell it to later, if there's going to be a time for swapping tales.
"One big tribe, does that not mean you all are?" asks Zecher.

"I hear tell of another tribe that dreams much the same for zebras," Zephel says, before the response can be made. "The Zebricans."

"Unlikely."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:30 am

Brilliant shakes her head, frowning. "I've heard of these Mighty Griffon-Slayers somewhere but I can't quite recall where. Something must have happened to them recently, though, since I do remember nopony has had any contact with them for quite a while. Nihl's doing, perhaps? Luthier, please ask them when the first time they saw him was".

She needed to establish how long he's been planning this. One doesn't simply raise a magitek army and erase a Princess in a few days, after all. Perhaps if they could discover his origins they could find some way to stop him...
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:19 pm

After translating Brilliant's question, he ponders the information they'd just been given.

"Huh, I guess I had always assumed that the Zebras had a single nation- I mean, we have Equestria, there's the Griffon Kingdom, Saddle Arabia,.. I even think the Buffalo are united."

Luthier watched the Zebras to see if they responded to any of the other place names, and sighed.

"I could tell you plenty of things about Zebra instruments, rythms, and such- but history not as much.  I've probably got as many ideas about history and geography from 'Daring Do' and other novels as from legitimate sources.  Wandering, you've been quiet, you know anything about this?"

History:
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:53 pm

"Exactly two weeks ago," one of the quiet zebras speaks up, "A large zebra with no stripes, strange eyes, and a horn in the middle of their head emerged. We thought it to be an evil omen. But it came carrying a cloth of peace. We did not know what to do. Finally, our tribal doctor said that she would meet with this strange creature alone. He spoke our tongue. He said that he was a 'unicorn' named Nihl. He said his tribe was very expansive. He said they wished to do trade with ours. She agreed. So did our tribe, the Griffin-Slayers. So did his tribe, the 'Ecko'. All met well. We have been undergoing talks of peace ever since." This zebra looks back, an ominous edge to his eyes. "Now you, too, are 'ponies'. But you are not of Nihl's tribe. It is...odd to us."

Spoiler:

Last edited by AProcrastinatingWriter on Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:08 pm

"Well, you're not alone- everything going on is very odd to us too. We weren't aware of the existence of Nihl and Echo until earlier in the night ourselves."

Perception:
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:19 pm

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:27 pm

Luthier froze.  "Er... I'm sure you hunters noticed" Luthier said to the zebras "but everypony else, don't panic, but there's a tiger nearby.  I think it'll leave us alone though..."  Trying to take his own advice he shakily got moving again, so as not to make the tiger think something was up.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:27 pm

"Brilliant, I think I may be able to answer your question..." he looks around at the Zebras surrounding him, "But we have to be careful who overhears. I recall the Griffon-Slayers - in the past. They haven't existed for hundreds of years, ever since they were assimilated by Zebrica. I believe we've traveled into the past."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:31 pm

"Given everything I've been though so far... Time Travel would make sense..." Lunar comments with a sigh. "Also don't think the Tigger will be any issue... We're too big an group for a single hunter to wish to attack us."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:57 pm

Scorch thinks, and thinks, and thinks some more, and finally asks the group "Why are we ignoring the tiger who is watching us?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:26 pm

Brilliant sighs. "Time travel. Wonderful. Because simply erasing things from history isn't enough, no. He has to go back and make sure they can't exist at all". The cracks in her normally-stoic demeanor are starting to show.

"I don't suppose we can erase *him*, can we? Also, tiger? What tiger? And why in Celestia's name are you three so worried about it? It wouldn't be a threat to one of us, let alone a group this size... "
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:39 pm

"Well, it's just that we are facing against somepony who has loyal ponies, griffins, timberwolves, futuristic technology, dragons, and otherworldly abominations at his disposal, not to mention the power to open time portals, so let me repeat myself." Scorch leans in closer to the group and, in a hushed tone, repeats "Why are we ignoring the tiger watching us?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:05 pm

"... So I was right about the zebras...  Time travel..."
Luthier is stunned for a while.  "I would think that this relevation is a little more concerning than a tiger, Scorch.  Besides, Lunar's probably right- hay, I wouldn't be surprised if you could take one yourself.  If these zebras aren't panicked by a tiger, neither should be."
Luthier couldn't hide the fact that he was in fact still frightened by the tiger- but there was certainly security in being in a large group- one including experienced local hunters.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:53 pm

"Being attacked by the tiger is not what I'm worried about," the dragon quietly growls back...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:58 pm

"...oh..." Luthier finally realized what Scorch was getting at.  He looked back at the tiger- to see how much attention it was paying to them- and whether it had any noticeable unnatural features to it- such as the collars that had been placed on the timberwolves.  He also looked around to see what the zebras seemed to be thinking of the tiger and the party's reactions to it.

Spoiler:
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:06 pm

Lunar equally takes some time to pass a glance at the tiger... Realizing the same as Luthier had thanks to Scorch's comment. Unfortunately he wasn't as skilled in the art of stealth as his background would imply...

skill checks:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:19 pm

Curunir wrote:Luthier froze.  "Er... I'm sure you hunters noticed" Luthier said to the zebras "but everypony else, don't panic, but there's a tiger nearby.  I think it'll leave us alone though..."  Trying to take his own advice he shakily got moving again, so as not to make the tiger think something was up.
"We did indeed notice," says Zephel as the rest of you converse amongst yourselves. "And compliments to you, pony, for noticing as well."

"...saw the tiger, I did not," another one says, sounding a little confused.

"Same."

There is a murmured agreement amongst all the hunters there, less two or three zebras.

Curunir wrote:
Spoiler:
Xel Unknown wrote:
skill checks:
Luthier can't quite tell through the jungle's foliage, but it certainly looks like the tiger is following along, watching the party intently. Lunar, however, can tell quite well that this is exactly what the tiger is doing, and it is exactly that; he also spots a mind-control collar around the beast's neck.

Unfortunately, the tiger also notices what Luthier was doing, and with a quick growl retreats into the jungle, faster than the eye might follow (At least with all these leaves in the way.) Luthier and Lunar both see it leave, but precisely where it went? Not so much.

Though Lunar does notice a specific pattern in his stripes that oddly matches the flow of a river he used to play in as a young chick-cub-foal.

"Enough," says Zephel to his group, sounding a little disappointed in their lack of perceptive abilities. He brightens, however, as he passes through a crude (but well-painted) gateway of wood. "Welcome, honored guests, to our tribe!"

It's not anything really special - but the smile on Zephel's face as he sweeps a hoof over the plateau speaks volumes as to the character of the zebras there. And there are many zebras there - playing, talking, washing clothing, sharpening stones, chewing on flowers and grinding up berries, anything you might wish to name. There are a great multitude of stone tools carving out these quadruped's potential niche in continually modernizing technologies: spears, grindstones, cauldrons, even what looks to be a section of the camp for primitive scooters. The grass huts are, again, crude, but lovingly crafted, with great care taken in the painted masks that hang upon the outer walls, and even more taken in the cheerful smiles of the foals that exit their huts to begin playing some game of chase or another. A few zebras see the hunters come home and, despite the strange company they are keeping, smile broadly at the group, extending a single hoof high in the air and leaving it there for a few moments before continuing on their way.

The point of it all is, several hundred miles and several hundred years away from Canterlot, and it all still feels a lot like home.

"Come along, please," Zephel says, leading you all towards the biggest hut there - big enough that it does in fact require some stone pillars around the perimeter to support its weight. The other zebras mostly shift off, lifting their hooves in quick goodbyes. "I must take you to see our doctor, she who holds the most esteem amongst our tribe. If any can okalay drand woomata zeembook, mama say!"

The spell, at this point, has worn off, as should be obvious. Zehpel seems to notice this, possibly due to the look of confusion on Luthier's face, and indicates by body language the party should wait outside for a few moments, presumably so he may talk with the doctor. He steps into the hut, pulling back the colored curtain and then letting it fall behind him. A nearby zebra foal, curious, breaks from its playmates and comes over, looking oddly up at the party. Primarily Scorch.

He reaches out with a hoof and taps the dragon on the knee, very lightly. Then he smiles, as if satisfied that this creature before his eyes really does exist. A hoof is raised in greeting, a smile to match.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:35 pm

"Hello," greets the dragon with a wave back...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next