Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mertropolis Sign up & OOC

+5
Copper Rose
Z2
Paper Shadow
Xel Unknown
Ramsus
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mertropolis Sign up & OOC - Page 2 Empty Re: Mertropolis Sign up & OOC

Post  Z2 Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:54 pm

Will type out the backstory in a bit, but going ahead and posting it now:

Reseda
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:05 am

Well, currently we've got four out of five characters done and I've had word from a couple of people who said they'd be interested. However, that's it. They don't seem to have taken any steps beyond that. If you're one of those people and you actually want to play, say something. Preferably try to contact me on skype but, if you can't, some indication that you're paying attention and going to put in effort would be nice. If I don't hear anything in the next 24 hours or so I'll start looking around for someone else to fill the last spot.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:28 am

Yeah, I'd like to secure that last spot please. Going to have an interesting time with this one. Haven't completed the character yet but I can tell you that walls WILL be busted down.
Drago765
Drago765
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:59 pm

Allow me to introduce Col Lider. Things will be smashed.
Drago765
Drago765
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:06 pm

Ok, now that we have our five characters all done (everyone double check that you don't have something unfinished to deal with), there are a few things I'd like you all to do before we start.

Firstly, think up some more details about your character's background. Names of people and places that are important to who they were, think more on their personalities, etc.

Secondly, I want you all to come up with an idea for some NPC that's important in the city but, not necessarily connected in any way to your character. (Not a hero or villain though, just a regular person.)

Thirdly, I want you to come up with a place of note (or even two or three if you like). It could be a single building or store, a corporation, a small district, an important park or a bridge or such, etc. (Really, as many of these as you guys like. The more fleshed out with details the city is the better.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:09 pm

Ramsus wrote:Firstly, think up some more details about your character's background. Names of people and places that are important to who they were, think more on their personalities, etc.
Best friends' names: Silver Fork and Silly Snaps.

Ramsus wrote:Secondly, I want you all to come up with an idea for some NPC that's important in the city but, not necessarily connected in any way to your character. (Not a hero or villain though, just a regular person.)
Double Shot: CEO of Mertropolis's leading coffee shop chain (Seastarbucks). (♂) (espresso and cream pegasus)
Bumble Sea: Chief Civil Engineer in Mertropolis. (♀) (black and yellow sea pony)

Ramsus wrote:Thirdly, I want you to come up with a place of note (or even two or three if you like). It could be a single building or store, a corporation, a small district, an important park or a bridge or such, etc. (Really, as many of these as you guys like. The more fleshed out with details the city is the better.)
Sky Horn (inspired by the Space Needle), the Grand ol'Whinny Opera House, Lance Place Market (Pike's Place Market).
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:26 pm

I was sorta hoping for more detail in all those things. You didn't have to post anything about #1, I just wanted you to spend time thinking about your character. (Though yes, telling me the important details is helpful.) And, I'm gonna have to reject the Sky Horn since we already have Mertropolis Tower.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Graceful Star mother well a good parent caring, supportive,fair,loving, rather open minded tends to give out advice even when not asked. Although she does tend to be a bit overbearing or embarrassing to her children at times and absolutely dominating to almost anyone else. Coloration white coat auburn(graying) hair and tail . Occupation Assistant District Attorney

Rose Star younger sister (about 5 years younger) cheeky,nosy,noisy, truly nice at heart. Currently in an Goth period of rebellion utterly failing at the being gloomy/snarky/angsty portions. Coloration red coat, black(dyed) hair and tail, purple eyes.

Edit worked on this before #1 was pointed out not to be needed but going to post it anyway

Ocean's Breeze New anchor on long enough to acquire delusions of grandeur and believes that their personal options matter enough to be broadcast.

Reliable Viper Building Corp medium scale building company. Notable for never asking any questions and possessing a small army of lawyers.

Mini-Griff-Mino Pictures film and animation production and distribution company. Once large and prestigious now just coming out of a dark age.

Crown Point Plaza very high class high-rise district where many of the wealthier residents make their homes.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:21 pm

Important City Citizen:
Rose Hips (nickname 'Hippy'): Wealthy heiress earth pony who spent most of her relatively carefree life seeking out exotic plants. Since the arrival of the plant ponies, Rose has been their number one 'advocate' (fangirl.)

Locations:
The Green House: the most notable plant pony run business, and a popular meeting place for the species.

Mertropolis Library: An enormous spire of a building set on the waterfront. Structurally it's bolted to the side of the island, with many floors both above and below the waves. The place is famous for it's wide selection, memorable architecture (shaped roughly like a rod of asclepius), poorly organised plot important documents, and tendency to host a climactic showdown roughly once a week.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:06 pm

When you say it's on the side of the island, do you mean the central island or the whole thing? Keep in mind that while the whole city is one "island" it's in reality several that have been connected through artificial means, be they pony-made constructions or just moving ground around to connect them in other ways that seem more natural. As such, the original natural islands still are discernible to varying degrees. Either way, the Mertropolis being roughly circular, which side did you mean?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:00 am

The specific location isn't meant to be exceptionally important, but I guess the side closest to the mainland. In-between two of the islands in a bit of water that doesn't have much other construction would probably be the most sensible... The building itself being half underwater for sea pony access and half aboveground for other access was meant to be a major facet; I guess you'd be in the best position to zone it for traffic.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:18 am

Pfft "zone for traffic" he says. Like I have an actual map. (I mean sure, some people would. Some people know what a reasonable way to lay out a city would be too. =P  )

Ok, cool. I like the extra details there.

Edit: I should note that TVs and personal computers are not actual things in this setting. Radios are though, so you'd still have "news broadcasters" and such. I've also decided that underwater newspapers are made of processed seaweed and instead of ink, they are written with bleach (or something similar that wouldn't bleed away from being underwater). But, the most important difference is that their newspapers come in scroll form. Usually with several smaller scrolls together, as one big scroll proved to be troublesome.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:13 am

Urban Sprawl: Mertropolis' city planner, or at least the most well-known. He was a big fan of the former heroes, which is why they are statues of most of them and a group statue being built around the base of Mertropolis Tower...

The Broken Bridge: A once unimportant bridge between two of the western islands that make up Mertropolis until it was destroyed by a villain (as collateral, not the main target). Usually such damage would be repaired, this bridge was so insignificant that it actually served more of a purpose broken, as a reminder of how much protection heroes provide. It also makes for an amazing sight in the sunset, and is a common subject for art students to draw...

I may post other stuff, but getting this out there now...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:58 pm

Hey guys, just a heads up. Ramsus is leaving since he's tired of all the things going on with the mods and all, namely his multiple bans and his current one. He said he might be willing to come back if they reconsider, but that's not looking very likely at the moment. Sorry to deliver this news, as I was looking towards this game as well, but there's not much I can really do.

Looks like this is one game that's not going to happen.
Drago765
Drago765
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:43 am

Foo. The first game I ever sign up for doesn't happen. Just my luck, too.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:51 am

Well, there might be a chance that ths game gets moved over to a different forum made by one of the users of this forum. (Yeah! Vagueness!)
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:57 am

Link

though personally I am currently in talks to get somethings sorted out and such...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2