Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure

+4
Lapis-Lazily
AProcrastinatingWriter
Marona
Dusk Raven
8 posters

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure - Page 13 Empty Re: The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:33 pm

"Oh, hello," said a perfectly sober Aparix, acting as if there was nothing at all wrong with the picture before the two.

And there was a lot wrong with it. Chairs strewn everywhere, tables knocked over, even the chandilier on the floor that probably hadn't been on the ceiling when they'd left, all that was pretty standard. Probably a bar brawl. The surprising thing, perhaps the impressive thing, was the giant pine tree in the middle of the room, surrounded by joyous revelers in various states of undress and whipped cream, holding various musical instruments and singing songs about the phases of the moon.

"I can explain," Aparix began. There was a pause. "I just prefer not to."

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure - Page 13 Empty Re: The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure

Post  Crystalite Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:23 pm

Mitsuna cocked her eyebrow at the scene before her.

"I think Zahkar and I could convince you to explain anyways."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:35 pm

"I do not care to know. Baby man causes many troubles. I do not wish to trouble my head with strange tale of how this came to be."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:10 pm

Mitsuna pursed her lips at Zakhar's . (It was an expression that made the human form far more tolerable.) Clearly she was not getting his help. She decided to try a reverse-psychology tactic.

"...On second thought, I don't want to hear it either," she said, looking non-chalant. "It sounds terribly boring," she said, making her way to the stairs as she carefully avoided the tree and drunken patrons...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:19 pm

"...you know, strange thing is, you're actually right, "Aparix said, attempting to stop Mitsuna by taking her hand before she went any further upstairs. "This part's the real fun. Party. Loads of fun. Come on! The night's still young, and other such cliches..."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:30 pm

Zakhar grabs Aparix by the collar and lifts him to eye level. "She will do no such thing with you, baby man. You may be funny, but I still distrust you. You let girl decide for herself what she wants to do. Under no circumstance do you try funny business. Do I make self clear?"
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:37 pm

"Not quite. By 'funny business', do you mean a standup routine, wanton sexual escapades, or some equally snarky third thing?"

Aparix was terrified.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:28 am

Mitsuna turned around as the Lokira took her hand. A look of disdain crossed her face as he spoke, which was only moderately tempered when Zahkar lifted him up by the neck.

"Put him down, Zahkar," she said, taking a more stern demeanor. "I don't wish to look up to meet his eye." She sat on the edge of a table, putting her several feet higher. She made no attempt to hide her disgust, or sharpen her words; she elected to make herself perfectly clear in the most blunt way she could.

"My own less than moral habits, aside, why would should I take your offer of of drinks I don't care for, followed by cheap and meaningless sex? Nevermind that you're too short, skinny, ande..." She stopped and peered at him curiously. "probably pale underneath that cloak, for my taste. Or the fact that I prefer to remain sober for such misadventures. Or the fact I prefer my intended partner to also be sober. Or the fact I barely know you. And look at the fact that I've been out all afternoon, intending to leave town the next day. I'm tired, little man, do you understand tired? I'm going to bed, I'm going to MY bed, and I'm going there by myself." She came off the table, and returned to the stairs, not deigning to bid the Lokira "good night".
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:02 am

Zakhar drops the lokira on the ground, making no attempt to hide his contempt. "Just when I was starting to like you baby man. You are leave girl alone. Is final. I see you try talking like that again, I make no promises to your continued health."

Zakhar heads to the innkeeper to get a room and goes upstairs to sleep.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:37 pm

Aparix looked up after the two, beginning to brush himself off. "Sheesh. Presumptions everywhere," he murmured, mildly peeved for once. "Thought I'd moved past that when I stopped lifting things, but you can't change people, can you?"

Bit of an extra trudge in his step, he forced the smile back on his face and moved back to the party.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:09 am

The next dawn heralded a typical morning in Outreach. The sun's light had not yet crested the town walls when the townspeople started to get up and go about their business. A fog lingered over the ground, little noticeable in the town but making the guards on the wall nervous.

Their tensions were not eased when a lone figure emerged from the fog outside the walls. A familiar insectoid, winged figure flew along the ground towards the gate. Immediately the archers along the wall readied their bows and aimed. But their shots were forestalled when Ghost Tracker shouted out, "They're coming! The Blightspawn are-"

A screech cut her off as a flock of Blightwings appeared, dozens upon dozens, emerging from the fog and swooping towards the defenders on the wall. Arrows were loosed from their bows, bringing down several but leaving more to swoop upon the defenders, who defended themselves with sword and spear as dark shapes loomed in the fog.

A bell in the gatehouse began ringing loudly. The morning ceased to be typical.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:22 am

The last thing Bellator remembered clearly was a tree, but the bell ringing quickly woke him up...The maddened Lokira stumbled out of the tavern, looking up at the Blightwings..."Oh...This will be good...Come on, beasts! Bring it! I'll make a new robe from your wings, ahahaha!! Let's do this!! TO THE SLAUGHTER!!" Bellator readied his axe, trying to run towards where the blighted beasts seemed thickest...!

Rolling times.:
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:32 am

Zakhar, accustomed to waking up early from his days of laboring as a blacksmith, is wandering the town as the bell rings. He looks to the sky at the sound of the bell and draws his hammer. "Well then. Monsters want fight, I give them fight," he says as he rushes to the gates.
Spoiler:
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:55 am

Mitsuna was awoken by a loud bell ring. She sat up in bed and peered out the window, watching the town's people scrambling about. Silly people. Mitsuna got out of bed and made her way to the gate, rubbing the sleepiness from her eyes. She knew she should be hurrying as well, but she just couldn't bring herself to it.....

Once there, she took a measured look at the assorted monsters rushing in. (She had taken her human form by now.) She brought her hands together in that way typically associated with prayer. Noxa grant us safety. Noxa grant us peace, she implored silently... She smiled as clumps of fog thickened around the monsters, obscuring their vision.

Combat Stuff:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:42 pm

Aparix woke up, the remains of a large tree adorning the...general vicinity...of his head. "Wuzzat?" he asked, more tired than hungover, before stepping to the window to actually see. "Ah. Thazzat." He smacked his lips. Twice. Three times.

Raising his weapon, Aparix walked to the door and placed his dextrous fingers around the knob. "Let's see...if I've timed this right..."

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:12 pm

Paladin as usual, had woken at dawn and got up long before most. Wary of the situation, and fully expecting an attack. The human warrior had joined the guard on patrolling the walls of the city. Because of this, he was on site as the blightwings emerged from the fog, drawing his sword, Paladin was ready to fight...

Only, while drawing his sword, the warrior was charged by a blightwing and knocked back, off the wall. He managed to grab a nearby ladder and halt his fall. It hurt his arm, but nothing his ki couldn't easily handle. What frustrated Paladin the most, was that now he was one of the slowest to the battle once more, now having a ladder to climb.

Initiative:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:49 pm

There's a massive splintering and smashing sound, and the gates to the town were rent asunder. A massive blade of bone burst through the latch and tossed the gates wide open, before a towering giant, three times the height of a human, charged through. Where it's left arm should have been was a clump of tentacles that dangled to the ground, undulating slightly, and its right forearm was taken up by a massive blade of bone, nearly as long as the giant was tall. It passed the remnants of the gate guard - and wound up right in front of Bellator, Zakhar, and the others who'd come out to fight. A small group of blighthounds and blightwings followed through, while their remainder engaged the guards still outside the remnants of the gate.

Initiative Order:
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:23 pm

Zakhar runs at the Giant hammer ready to strike. "Is not nice smash city gates," he says as he strikes at it.
Spoiler:
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:02 am

The giant braces itself before swinging its blade wide, arcing over the party but easily dodgable - but leaving them wide open to follow-up attacks from the other foes. One of the Blighthounds and one of the Blightwings take advantage of the confusion. Locating the source of the thickening fog, the Blighthound darts towards her while the Blightwing makes a run through several members of the party.

Battle:
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:08 pm

Aparix rolled off to the side as the door burst open, letting in a vicious-looking blightwing. "Alright then, didn't time that right at all!" he shouted, raising his stamp as the wolf jumped at him. A quick movement of his arm forward and the creature flew backwards into the opposite wall. "Like that?" the former thief asked, following up with a not-very-well-aimed shot.

Spoiler:

Last edited by AProcrastinatingWriter on Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:44 am

Mitsuna yelped in pain as she deflected the Blighthound with her arms, only to be knocked over by a Blightwing. She felt herself speeding towards the ground...

But a certain goddess had other ideas. She felt Noxa's power surging through her! She was absorbed into the ground out of sight...

Spoiler:

Last edited by Crystalite on Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:13 am

Snarling, a blight hound attempts to attack, but gets lost in the fog. A blightwing has slightly more luck, flying by to strike at Paladin.

Stuffz:
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:34 am

Bellator barely had time to prepare himself before the barrage of attacks, reeling from the Blightwing's assault...That wasn't going to stand much longer...Oh, no...He was gonna take it down before it could do that again...No one else suffered..."Heh, heh...You did well to get this far, beasties, but you're not welcome here! I'll send you all back to your maker in pieces!! And when you get there, tell her Bellator's coming for her! This far! No! Further!" As if to illustrate the irate Lokira's point, he inscribed a hasty rune, half-remembered, onto his axe, which shone brightly...Then, it was just a matter of waiting for the Blightwing that had struck him to come around again, and he leapt, slicing into it!

Combat data:
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:11 am

Two blighthounds struggle through the fog, seeking but not finding their targeted foes in the fog.

Spoiler:
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:59 am

Paladin has to drop the last few feet off the ladder as the giant swung his blade, not wanting to be hit by that massive weapon. Sadly, this not only hurt his legs, but left himself open to an attack by a blightwing. Paladin grimacing in pain as its claws dug into the flesh of his arm. He didn't have time to work on it however, hurrying towards the battlefield, drawing his sword as he did so. His eyes swung round, trying to see how the guards where doing, even as his ki surrounded him, forming a shallow shield as his presence bolstered the defense of others.

Turn:

Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next