Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure

+4
Lapis-Lazily
AProcrastinatingWriter
Marona
Dusk Raven
8 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure - Page 15 Empty Re: The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:30 pm

Paladin felt a smile of triumph spread across his face. The blight where scattered, more and more guards where forming a spear wall against the remaining ones, as the giant weakened by the blows against it. The human was confused when it turned on the others, but chose not to think about it, instead he focused on ending it. With the Celestial Rain healing many of his allies, he could physically take to the fight. Advancing forwards, the Paladin quickly cut at the beast's arm, weakening its means off attack, before quickly ducking aside. The warrior of fire taking his place, concentrate its flaming sword into a shaft of white flame that was stabbed deep into the giant.

Damange:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure - Page 15 Empty Re: The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:37 pm

As the last of the Blightspawn fall, the giant roars in triumph, perceiving that all of its foes have fallen.

Then the fire elemental's blade bursts through its chest. It lets out one last, confused bellow, before falling to the ground as a spontaneous cheer erupts from the guards.

For a few moments, the spear wall doesn't break, its defenders still wary of another attack. Then a surviving sentry on the wall calls out, "All clear!"
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:39 pm

Zakhar puts his hammer back on his back. "This is good news. But, monsters attacking city? Is bold, even for them. Monsters not normally so organized. I wonder what incited them."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:03 pm

"No idea." Paladin said, shaking his head as he sheathed his sword. Stepping forwards, he glanced over the giant, surprised at the pity he felt for it. During its last moments, it not only had thought itself triumph against enemies that was actually its allies, but through it had been back stabbed - literately - by his allies. Those enemies of civilization, Paladin knew that the giant's story was a tragic one. And a story like this, just reinforced his true mission... to end the blight not through destruction, but by liberation.

Turning to the giant of flame that was his long ally, a single nod was all that was needed to communicate his desire. Stepping to the beast, the warrior brought its white blade down, slicing through the giant's flesh and bone to separate the blade from its body, afterwards its faded away, its service no longer needed for the world.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:33 pm

When Mitsuna came to, everyone was cheering. She struggled to her feet, and looked around; there were no living Blighted she could see. Evidently they had won. She checked herself; miraculously, she had remained in human form. She offered up a quick prayer of thanksgiving for the victory before going off to find her Nightchild, keeping an eye open for Lorez...

Perception:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:34 pm

"Well...that was fun." Aparix smiled. "Who wants beer? Not on me."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:28 pm

Bellator grinned wildly, laughing and waving his axe over his head triumphantly. "Their filthy, wretched queen felt that one, I'll bet, ah, ha, ha...! I told you, monsters! You'd all be dead long before me, eh, heh, heh...! Should've run while you had the chance!"
...He continued taunting the monsters in this fashion for a while. Truth be told, even he knew how close it had been, but delicate 'we did it somehow' speeches weren't his thing.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:51 pm

The guards are still tense for a moment longer, many half-expecting more monsters to come forth. But none do, and gradually the spear wall disbands. Meanwhile, various individuals run out onto what was once the battlefield, some to tend to the many injured, some to burn the Blighted corpses, and some to clean up the debris from the gate and stare at the wreckage, wondering how to get started on the repairs.

Crystalite wrote:
Perception:

Lorez is, in fact, pretty close to Aparix. She's visibly fatigued but otherwise in good health. She says, "A beer sounds good... wait, who's it on, then?"
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:19 pm

"Nose goes," Aparix says, placing a finger where his nose would be if he had one. Which he does. Possibly.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:06 am

Dusk Raven wrote:Lorez is, in fact, pretty close to Aparix. She's visibly fatigued but otherwise in good health. She says, "A beer sounds good... wait, who's it on, then?"

Mitsuna took a circuitous route to avoid the Lokira. Now was a very poor time for a confrontation. She made her way to Zahkar, who was thankfully a good distance away.

"And to think I wanted to be a guard. Are you okay?" She asked the Nightchild.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:14 am

"I am fine. Was good battle. You fought well. I say we earned rest. Food on me," the nightchild replies.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:44 am

While others started celebrating or relaxing after the battle, Paladin did not. Instead, he started moving around the battlefield, searching for the wounded to help heal and hopefully save their lives. At the same time, he scanned the area, looking for high ranked person to talk to... after all, through the battle was won. There was still the problem of the shattered gate.

Skill checks:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:39 pm

Lapis-Lazily wrote:"I am fine. Was good battle. You fought well. I say we earned rest. Food on me," the nightchild replies.

"Fought well? I nearly died twice!" The Channeler snapped indignantly. She caught herself. "I'm sorry. Rest sound nice..."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:13 am

"Are you dead? No. You fought well," Zakhar says with a chuckle as he leads the channeler back to the inn.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:16 am

Mitsuna couldn't help but smile at the nightchild's blunt optimism as she followed him back to the inn, leaning on his arm occasionally to steady herself. She had another hacking fit along the way; but, thankfully, no more blood came up this time...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:49 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:
Skill checks:

Paladin is able to help with some of the worst of the injuries - there's quite a few - and along the way manages to spot the captain of the guard, who's mercifully still alive, though seems to be sporting a limp as he goes about organizing the repair crews.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:05 pm

After doing what he can for the wounded, Paladin made his way over to the Captain. He wasn't like the others, who wanted to go and celebrate after such a battle. No, he knew that the battle was not over. It was never over until all the damage had been undone... at least, as much as possible. No one could bring back the dead.

"How may I assist in rebuilding efforts?" Paladin asked bluntly when he came across the Captain. He hoped that the Captain knew he wasn't an ordinary person, so would have him assist beyond the norm, but if he did not, no harm to him. No one was perfect, and any help was still useful
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:31 pm

As they approached the inn, Mitsuna felt her spirits fall a little as she saw the destruction around her. This wasn't the sort of life she wanted. How dearly she wished for a quieter, more prayerful life! Of course, even if the Blight left that very instant it wouldn't happen. She was a Therion, and no place was that safe for a Therion. It had been a long time since she had Meditated; perhaps it was time to do so today.

But first things first. "I think a drink might be in order too," she said bluntly, trying not to look to closely at the various dead that had not been cleared away yet....
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:06 am

"After fight like that? Yes, drink is good. Let us get drink. Then we will clean your wounds. perhaps with drink. Vodka is good disinfectant," Zakhar says as he opens the door to the inn for Mitsuna. "Drinks on me for job well done."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:31 pm

"Hmm..." the guard captain thinks for a moment. "Well, unless you've got skills in carpentry I don't think there's... wait," he suddenly appears struck by an idea. "You can help with dragging the bodies outside and burning them away from the walls and buildings." He glances at the fallen giant. "Except for the giant. I don't think that's going anywhere."

Meanwhile, the barkeep walks in behind Zakhar and Mitsuna, quiver in his hand and bow on his back, looking no worse the wear for his efforts in the fighting. "Vodka, is it?" He walks behind the bar and stashes his weaponry before bringing out a couple of glasses and a bottle of the desired beverage, pouring a shot into each glass.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:54 pm

"I'll do that." Paladin said, looking around the battlefield and taking note of just how many dead bodies there was. When the guard captain mentioned that the giant wasn't going anyway, the human glanced over at him, and said. "About the giant, I had my fire golem cut off its blade, feel free to use it as a trophy or something for the town."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:19 pm

Dusk Raven wrote:Meanwhile, the barkeep walks in behind Zakhar and Mitsuna, quiver in his hand and bow on his back, looking no worse the wear for his efforts in the fighting. "Vodka, is it?" He walks behind the bar and stashes his weaponry before bringing out a couple of glasses and a bottle of the desired beverage, pouring a shot into each glass.

Mitsuna sat down, taking the glass carefully and sipped at it - she had learned last time not to just down it at once. Her hands slowed down their shaking - which struck her as odd, as she hadn't noticed them shaking before. I would usually notice that, she thought to herself. She chalked it up to battle stress and took another sip.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:03 pm

A day passes.

By the next day, all seems normal again. Were it not for the gaping hole where the gate once was, one would never suspect that the town had been attacked. The Blight, it seemed, was a part of life in Outreach, perverse though it seemed.

The repairs on the gate were going well, and within the day the new doors would be ready. Until then, a double shift of soldiers stood watch over the entrance. The Guard Captain had declined to take possession of the giant's blade, stating that the town would have little use for it. The caravan leader, however, seemed to have an idea, and offered to pay Paladin and the others for it.

In the meantime, however, no one dared to leave sight of the walls. There was no telling how many stragglers still remained after the attack.

Later that day, the mayor called a meeting in the town hall. Once everyone who was going to show up was gathered, he began to speak, succinctly and simply. "As you all know, the attack yesterday was thwarted, but the captain of the guard believes that the attack yesterday was the tip of a much stronger force, which broke off its attack when they failed to gain a foothold at the gates. Thus we believe that a large number of Blightspawn are still out there. Thus, the captain is looking for volunteers to go on scouting missions, to locate the source of the Blight hordes, and if necessary, destroy them."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:35 pm

Zakhar steps forward. "I will do best to kill monsters. No town should live in terror of monsters."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:10 pm

Aparix grinned, lopsided, and scratched one claw against his unnoticedly uncomfortable robes. "Good on him, good man, good guy! That being said, we can't all be so altruistic. Or so pretty." One gets the impression that Aparix is raising his eyebrow at this juncture. "How much are you willing to pay us?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next