Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New World

+3
Fury of the Tempest
Marona
Curunir
7 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

A New World  - Page 2 Empty Re: A New World

Post  Marona Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:53 pm

Keeper leans in to examine the gems and their placement in the calendar.

Spoiler:
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:15 pm

The crystal inlays seem to be scattered mostly randomly around the calendar- although Keeper recognizes some of the years as being around the same time as important events such as the deeds of great heroes or the founding or collapse of a great empire- the earliest example seems to occur just before the time of Kulkulkin's collapse, while others include the founding of other important dragon cities, or of the Llamaruna and Coatltec empires.

But while some of the dates seem important, half of the crystal years seem to have no particular significance- and the other half seem to be a number of years early for the events they seem to be be connected to.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:08 pm

Keeper explains the significance of what she sees to the others.

((Hope that's ok. I felt it'd be silly to more or less just rephrase what you said.))
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:29 pm

Piasa appears thoughtful at Keeper's revelation. "Truly? That is fascinating, for you see, if I'm reading this right, these crystals," he gestures at the crystals near the end of the calendar,"correspond quite clearly with moments from my past. This one appears about 160 years ago, the year of my birth, and this one is a mere ten years ago, when I awoke from a great sleep to find my village in ruins. Perhaps these crystals signify the presence of other drakes like myself?" Piasa absentmindedly fiddles with the amulet at his neck. "The elders of my tribe told me that dragons were only born like me when great things were happening. Terrible things, sometimes, but great. What do you think, Keeper, Arcantos?"
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:11 pm

"I think.... we shall have to wait and see." Keeper said, thinking it perhaps wiser not to suggest to Piasa that he might be special in some way. If she were right, he could get full of himself and wind up special in a particularly unpleasant way. And if she were wrong... that would not likely end particularly well either. She would be keeping an eye on him though.
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:56 pm

(Ch'aska) You awake a good time later- definitely not in the same place as before. You still seem to be in the jungle, but in a wholly unfamiliar place. The trees are quite far away, and you seem to be lying, tied up, on top of a large flat stone surface. The only other beings you can immediately see are several tapirs tied up near you. Large ruined structures, many overgrown with vegetation surround the platform you are on, and at the edges of the abandoned city you can see enormous pyramid structures.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:47 pm

"That is a possibility." Was all Arcantos said to the suggestion about the crystal drakes having crystals for their lives. Inwardly however, this frustrated him. Why should the great dragon's predict the lives of these dragons? There was nothing special about them at all, especially not from their birth! It was what one did that defines someone of worth.

Arcantos inspected the calendar once more, more in particular he was curious about crystal's up to 25 years from the present... and i there was any crystal's for the future.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:28 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:"That is a possibility."
Marona wrote:"I think... we shall have to wait and see."
"I'm glad that you agree, Arcantos. But, Keeper, I can also see why you would be cautious. It does seem odd that these dragons, who lived many millennia ago, could predict such specific things in their calendar with such accuracy to get it to within a year." Here Piasa looks wistfully at the stone calendar, "But I believe they could, most definitely. The old drakes were much more involved in the ebb and flow of time, as I remember from my teachings. This is the reason why they studied the stars and recorded so much. But that connection to time worked two ways. I don't think they saw the future per se, but maybe-" Here Piasa gets forcefully cut off by the chittering of his friend, Rufus, who was waving a black feather, rather large in size.

'Danger! There is great danger nearby!'

Arcantos and Rufus:
[/color]

Last edited by Deathstorm50 on Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:49 am

For a moment, Ch'aska just lay against the stone slab, wondering what she could possibly do to get out of this. Certainly, none of her magic could break ropes. Still, it was better to try something, and she strained against the ropes as hard as she could, even though she knew it was probably pointless. Which meant she was very surprised when they suddenly gave out, allowing her to free herself and stand up.

Thanking Father Sun and Mother Moon for causing whoever kidnapped her to not notices her bonds were worn, she turned to the still bound tapirs, attempting to see what their condition was.

ooc:
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:50 am

Spoiler:
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:56 am

ooc:
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:08 am

Head still reeling from that blow to the head who-knows-how-long-ago, you find it hard to concentrate as you get up and look around. How many tapirs were there again? Wasn't your brother with you? As your vision clears again, you see three bound tapirs- not moving, but you're not sure if they're hurt, unconscious, or just bound.

Spoiler:
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:16 am

ooc:
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:21 am

One of the tapirs is awake, but is thoroughly bound, so that he cannot move or even speak. The other two are unconscious- one of them seeming to be bleeding. Looks like she hadn't been transported as gently as you and the others- there appear to be large talon-marks on her back.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:47 am

Ch'aska tried to focus. These tapir needed her help, and she was a healer. She started with the bleeding tapir.
ooc:
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:47 am

As she started to tend to the tapir, she began bleeding again, but, not losing her cool, Ch'aska did what she could for her- the wounds probably wouldn't be infected, and the bleeding stopped.  There seemed to be a couple punctures under the mass of rope that Ch'aska couldn't reach, but it seems the ropes had already stopped the bleeding there some time ago.  

One of the other tapirs, lying facing Ch'aska and the wounded tapir, was now awake, staring wide-eyed in terror towards Ch'aska.

-----
(Everyone else still there?  Did you perhaps miss Piasa's post with Rufus' warning in this flurry of Ch'aska-centered action?)
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:30 pm

Curunir wrote:(Everyone else still there?  Did you perhaps miss Piasa's post with Rufus' warning in this flurry of Ch'aska-centered action?)
(No I didn't miss it, but it just comes out of nowhere and without any mention from you if this was planned by you)
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:26 pm

Seeing the fear in the tapir's eye sent a shiver down her spine, but Ch'aska tried to keep calm. It was more likely that that tapir thought she was their captor, rather than noticing... anything else.
Ch'aska rushed over to the conscious tapir and  hurriedly started working on the ropes. "No you don't understand. Whoever it was that took us captured me too!" She nodded towards the broken ropes that bound her. We need to get out of here before the come back!"
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:28 pm

The tapir doesn't seem to understand you- although you seem to get your intentions through at least. Somewhat calmer, the tapir gets up and helps you untie the other tapirs- who are stirring at this time.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:19 am

Ch'aska mentally groans. Of course there was no guarantee that the tapirs would speak the same language she spoke off in the village she had left maybe two times her entire life. Clearing her throat, she switched to Common, saying "Does anyone here speak Common?"
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:04 pm

Arcantos quickly snapped to attention when the mole stated there was danger. Seeing the feather he grinned, knowing exactly what it meant. As he yanked his swords out of their sheaths, he spoke up. "Griffons incoming, I hope you two are good fighters."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:25 pm

"Are you sure they mean us harm? Not all griffons aim to do us harm." Keeper asks and looks to see where the griffons are coming from.

Spoiler:
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:03 pm

Two of the tapirs help the injured one up.  One of them (a male, probably the oldest of the group, with slightly more elaborate markings) responds simply to your question. "Little."

-----

Keeper doesn't see any charging griffons- although she does notice a small clump of feathers nearby, where Rufus likely found his.  There was certainly a griffon here recently- one who left in a hurry when you all arrived at the calendar.  You think you can hear a horn blowing outside the Temple...
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:24 pm

Keeper flies over in the direction of the horn.
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:40 pm

Ch'aska nodded."Okay, we need to get out of here. Does anyone have any idea where we are?"
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next