Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New World

+3
Fury of the Tempest
Marona
Curunir
7 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

A New World  - Page 11 Empty Re: A New World

Post  Curunir Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:44 pm

You cross the room to reach the stairs on the other side. You can sense the vibrations of the great stone machinery moving, though too slow to notice with your eyes. As you pass the insets in the wall, you note that they have images of phoenixes on them, and are fairly certain that they are doors. The grooves in the floor are wide, and deep enough that it'd be a hassle, though certainly not impossible, to climb back out of them, but aren't too wide to hop over- or step over gingerly if you stretch enough.

The next set of stairs don't go down as much- the only reason the last set of stairs were so long were to accommodate the large chamber you had been in. It gets warmer as you go down- and the light-crystals in the wall are already lit.

The staircase opens up into a more modest hall, still large enough to accommodate dragons like Arcantos- but not large enough to fly in. In the middle of the hall, and stretching almost to the the walls (with only a few inches to spare) is a pool of lava. The floor seems to very gently slope inwards, towards the center of the hall. There are three doorways, one in the center of each wall of the hall. The one across leads to more downwards stairs- the others' contents are not easily visible at this angle.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Ch'aska stopped upon seeing the lava pit and the three doors. "Which way do you think is right?"
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:51 am

As you contemplate the lava-flooded hall and its doors, you hear a single set of hoofsteps coming down the stairs behind you....

(Cue Lapis' character! Finally! Despite much delaying on my part)
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:01 pm

The footsteps get louder and a strange foreign tongue can be heard. "Oh this is simply amazing! I've never seen anything like it!" says the voice, though those would probably never be able to decipher that. Suddenly a strange figure steps out from the stairs. He's unlike anything in these lands. He's a four legged creature covered in brown hair with four hooves and some kind of extra grey hair growth on his head and tail. On his forehead is a horn that currently seems to be glowing a bit to cast some extra light about the room. When he sees the group his eyes widen in wonder and he begins to speak in old draconic. "Oh! You must be the ones Seven talked about, or else I must have taken a very wrong turn back there. You're all... simply marvelous if I do say so myself, never seen anything like any of you," the explorer says.

Last edited by Lapis-Lazily on Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:14 pm

Uh, excuse me?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:16 pm

"Oh where are my manners?" the pony says, slightly embarrassed. "My name is Landon Farrahway. I came here from a distant land in search of dragons. My research said there'd be dragons here I'm so happy to be right," he looks over at the dragon. "You're quite the interesting specimen. Crystal? Interesting! I can't believe it! They laughed at me, but I was right! This is simply marvelous!"
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:07 pm

Piasa looks askance at the strange newcomer, before holding out a clawed paw towards the newcomer. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm glad you find my composition 'interesting'. I am known as Piasa, and my small furry associate here is Rufus. If you don't mind me asking, what manner of creature are you, Sir Farrahway?" Piasa rapidly searches his mind for anything in the old draconic legends similar to the specimen in front of him.

OOC:
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:16 pm

(Piasa History Skill check: The old draconic legends speak of many things. On what is before you, you cannot recall any specific descriptions matching Landon's appearance alone- though many of the legends fail to name or describe properly certain entities)
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:29 am

When Arcantos first heard something coming into down the stairs behind him, he whirled around to face the back and draw his swords from their harness. He didn't lower his guard when a strange creature appeared. Nor when it talked to them in old draconic, revealing that it was sentient at least. The dragon scowled when it picked out Piasa as a crystal dragon. Again that fact was brought up, when there was nothing special about him, no more than Arcantos himself at least! Annoyed, and suspucious, Arcantos quickly brought a sword to bare, placing it under the creature's chin.

"Who is this Seven you talk off?" The bipedal dragon demaned, to meet a strange creature from fareaway lands researching dragons in the captial city was one thing... finding them inside of the ancient sun temple, when they had opened up the entrance only a few minutes ago? That was something else much more, especially as the creature seemed to know of them beforehand.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:02 am

Landon shuffles uncomfortably. Uhm, well... Seven.. Macaw, I think it was? He was some strange robed figure. He told me he could help me learn more about dragons if I aided you all in some unknown task. He sent me in this direction and then I found you. At some point he just kind of disappeared and I was left to my own to find you. C-c-can you please move the sword now?" the pony say, clearly incredibly frightened.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:31 am

"Oh leave off him, Arcantos. If you are to be suspicious of anyone, it should be Seven Macaw, not Sir Farrahway here. Assuming Macaw is the same robed figure we met earlier, that is."
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:29 pm

"He's a strange creature that has never been seen before, saying he just happens to be researching dragons now off all times, met that robed being as well and not only entered the sun temple moments after use, but also chose to go downstairs instead of through any of the doors on the first level. I have a lot of reason to be suspicious." Arcantos said coldly, that being said, he did move his sword away from under the creature's throat.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:05 pm

"Well, if this Macaw person sent him, he probably wants him to help us with this. Wouldn't do him any good to sabotage us. We should probably just keep an eye on him. If he betrays us, then we can stab him."
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:46 am

"Might I suggest not stabbing me? I rather like living."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:48 am

"You lot are making a surprisingly poor impression of us on a foreign traveler. I's advise not plotting his murder while he's standing in front of us, or at all, really. The only suspicious thing he's done is show up coincidentally, and given why we came to this city in the first place, the Calendar, I'm willing to give the hands of fate some leeway there."
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:57 am

Ch'aska  would have been blushing if her cheeks were visible through her red-brown hair. " I was joking! I'm a healer, not a killer. And you're right, he hasn't done anything suspicious! And we can use all the help we can get!
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:48 pm

Landon lets out a sigh of relief, but still looks quite worried. "Well then. Now that that's settled, what is it you're all doing here exactly?"
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:26 pm

Piasa was mollified by Ch'aska's answer. "Ah, of course. Still, frightening foreigners is a bad way to start off discussions. First impressions count for a lot, especially since this may go down in history as one of the first meetings of two entirely different cultures. Speaking of which," Piasa turned towards Landon, "You never did answer my question. So, answers for answers, then? You tell us what you are, and where you're from, and we say why we're here, hmm?"
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:19 pm

"Well, I'm a pony from Angland, though I came by a boat from Espoñya. There's a vast ocean between those lands and here. The lands I'm from are full of my kind. However, nothing like anything I've seen here lives in the region. There were dragons once. I am an avid researcher into the ruins they left behind, such is why I know your language. I was at the forefront of deciphering it from the ancient glyphs. All the readings I did pointed to some kind of great migration to lands far to the west. That's how I initially began my search for these lands. And, well, now I've found them."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:23 pm

"Fascinating. A great migration, you say. From lands far in the east, across a great ocean? Hmmm." Piasa ponders this for a bit, mentally cross-referencing that information with the old myths he learned. "Well, a deal is a deal. I have more things to pick your brain about, but now doesn't seem the time. We are here, in this temple, because we are seeking out some rare artifacts a person, whom we suspect to be the same Macaw you met, wanted dearly, but could not obtain for himself, for whatever reason. One of the artifacts is in the Temple of the Sun, which is where we are, and one is in the Temple of the Moon, across the city. Will you aid us, Sir Farrahway?"

OOC:
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:43 am

"Well, I did agree to, so I shall. What is it exactly we need to do at this very moment?"
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:39 pm

"Right now,we're looking for whatever artifact is hidden inside this temple. Macaw told us  "You'll know it when you'll see it". We did find a locked box but that could be anything. At this very moment, we're exploring the rest of the temple, trying to see if anything fits the very detailed description we were given.

ooc:
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:38 pm

"Slightly more immediately, we need to figure out which way we want to go. After dealing with the rather large lava pool, that is."

OOC:
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:01 am

History Checks:
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:06 pm

Arcantos pretty much ignored the others as he sheathed his sword. He would not have any talk of these 'migrations' or 'research' from this creature... this pony as it called itself. As far as Arcantos was concerned, he was just an unnecessary burden to the group that had no reason to come with them, regardless of what the others said.

When the lava was brought up, the dragon just snorted at this and spoke common, wondering if the pony would be able to understand the language of the country. "Really Piasa, has the creature addled your brain already? We're dragons, gifted with skies. Through this place hallway may restrict us from simply flying over the lava, a wing assisted jump will easily get us across."

Last edited by Fury of the Tempest on Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next