Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Ahoof

+6
sunbeam
Paper Shadow
conantheghost
Lapis-Lazily
Crystalite
Copper Rose
10 posters

Page 7 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Go down

Mystery Ahoof - Page 7 Empty Re: Mystery Ahoof

Post  Crystalite Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:05 am

Copper Rose wrote:(Roll Perception) "You want to stay with me? Sure, no problem." "Hey, forgetting someone?" "Oh, uh, right. You don't mind, right, Daisy?" "Of course not. It would certainly help with rent!" "And we have that extra room."

River regarded the two mares a moment at the word "rent". "Rent? Oh dear, I do hope..." She returned to her saddle bag to see if her forgotten benefactor had left her any money...

Spoiler:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:04 am

There's some spare change in the bottom, but that's it for money. "How much memory did you lose? If you can't remember where you work, we could always help you find a new job, right, Daisy?" "Sure! I think I-" "You're looking for a job? Business has been picking up a lot lately, since that most recent Sheerclop Homes book came out, and it would be very nice to have a second bartender. Interested?" The barmare suddenly pipes in, eyes wide and sparkling at River.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:48 am

"Well, the counter-productive aspects give it charm. Originally, the road was going to be on the other side of the building but when they moved it, they didn't change the library. A lot of older maps still have the road in the wrong place. In the story, the culprit made that mistake since they were from out of town. Wow, you were going to show me to the library but it seems I got to show you."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:59 am

Copper Rose wrote:There's some spare change in the bottom, but that's it for money. "How much memory did you lose? If you can't remember where you work, we could always help you find a new job, right, Daisy?" "Sure! I think I-" "You're looking for a job? Business has been picking up a lot lately, since that most recent Sheerclop Homes book came out, and it would be very nice to have a second bartender. Interested?" The barmare suddenly pipes in, eyes wide and sparkling at River.

River was only halfway paying attention to what Lavender was saying. Seeing that she didn't have too much to spare, her ears pricked just in time to hear the baremare's proposal.

She brought her head out of the saddle bag, cocking it sideways at the barmare, and then back to Lavender. This couldn't just be coincidence, could it? Was this the work of the Benefactor? Who was really helping her?

For that matter, were they really helping her? Why would they have to resort to hypnosis to convince someone to let her have a spare bedroom? Couldn't they have said, "Hey, my kid sister is lost and confused right now, can you go help her out?"

Kid sister? Where did that come from? River frowned at the thought, filing it away for later. "I-I guess so. I really need to take a bath and settle in a bit, and I was..." Her eyes went wide. How could she forget!? "The police station! I was supposed to go with Stacked Deck!"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:56 am

"Well, you sure are a smart one Beams," replies Silver, not one to miss a beat. "So, is that why you wanted to visit the library."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:17 am

"The mystery is just a nice bonus. The library is a treasure all its own due to the wealth of knowledge within."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:35 pm

Because Sky Wolf had been traveling a different path, he had not noticed the filly from falling out of the sky, otherwise he would of rushed over to her in concern. As it was however, he got confused when he arrived at the library, as there was no visible entrance... at least, that was until he overheard it being mentioned that it faced away from the main road. With a sigh of relief, he followed after the three ponies who seemed to know how to get inside... or at least, one did.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:59 pm

When Beams, Sky, Silver, and Yuna get inside the library, they find it to be a decent sized library, though nothing special. There are a number of comfortable looking chairs and cushions strewn about in convenient reading locations, only a few of them already taken. There is also a drinking fountain in the foyer, and some bathrooms. Among the shelves, they can see a stallion with a fancy(ish) feathered hat rifling furiously through the books, seemingly not even looking at the book titles and making a small mess.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:05 pm

Beams brightly calmly walks up to the stallion with a worried look on her face.  "Forgive my intrusion but this isn't the best way to handle library materials.  Perhaps I could aid you?  While not local, I am a teacher and a small master at the Doe-Ewe Decimal System if I do say so myself."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:53 pm

The stallion continues to rifle through the books. "I'm not searching for a book, or at least, not one the library knows about. My niece decided it would be a good idea to hide my notebook, and I need my notes for a story due tomorrow at noon. Knowing her, she hid it here, because this is a library, and it's a notebook. Still want to help?" He moves on to the next shelf, having finished on his first one.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:45 pm

Beams gave a quick grin.  "Well, this certainly isn't the way to go about it.  A notebook is going to be different than the average hardcover or softcover.  Thus, you don't directly look for the notebook but instead seek out the differences.  So...how old is your niece and does she do this often?" Beams starts searching for the notebook while also trying to put the scattered books back in their proper places.

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:56 pm

"Problem with that is that it looks like a normal book, mostly. She gave it to me a few months ago, and like everything she makes or gives, it's green with white polkadots. She used to be the sweetest little filly, but she's been up to much trouble lately." With that information, Beams does not see the mentioned notebook.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:41 am

"It would be worrisome, problematic, and bad if she's acting out but hopefully it's just an innocent mischievous phase.  I don't see the notebook but perhaps it would be best to ask the librarian.  That's not the most common of cover colors so hopefully they've seen it." Beams Brightly immediately heads to the front desk in search of the librarian.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:52 pm

An old mare sitting behind the counter looks up from her book when Beams approaches. "Why, hello there. How may I help you?"
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:05 pm

Yuna pouted throughout most of the exchange before going over to the stallion."Um two things... first off why do you think she started to change because that might be important to you or dangerous to her. Secondly I think I may be able to help I just need a really big stick right? I technically don't actually need it but it just doesn't seem right it kind of acts like a crutch for me and stuff like that. Ok I just really like staffs when ever I do magic and I lost the one I usually use. So then I'm going to find that book for you out of the kindness of my heart mister! Yuna then back flips into the air spinning wildly.

Talent:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:23 pm

After a dizzying spin, Yuna suddenly stops and finds herself facing in a direction where there actually are no books visible in the library. The stallion just stares at Yuna. "I think you and my niece would be great friends."
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:01 am

Beams Brightly addressed the librarian with the utmost professionality. "Forgive me for disturbing your reading time but my name is Beams Brightly, an instructor in the Crystal Empire Public Education System. There is a gentlecolt searching for a notebook hidden by his niece. With the bindings being green with white polkadots, we were wondering if you may have seen such a book today."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:01 am

"Why, yes, I did see a filly earlier come in here with such a book, though she also left with it."
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:28 am

"She still has it? Well, that makes things easier. Thank you for your help. If I could get your name in case I ever need assistance again." After getting the librarian's name, it dawned on her that she didn't know the stallion's name either. Walking back over, she calmly addressed him. "According to the librarian, your niece left back out with the notebook. By the way, I didn't catch your name mister..?"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:56 am

"Lede Graph. Last time I saw her she didn't have it, so it may be somewhere else." The stallion starts putting back the books he displaced, only slightly less stressed.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:21 pm

"Gee thanks Mister Graph. If we just go in the direction I'm pointing we should get to where ever it is but thats going as the crow flies. Might have to triangulate the position in order to get it more exact and stuff well unless its moving and stuff... Well Allonsy! Yuna charges out the door but a moment later timidly comes back. "Um I don't really know my way around so yea..."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:51 am

"Well, we could go straight down the street this library is on and try it again, if you can do that again. I think the library has a section of maps that can be borrowed, if we need to do that." The stallion starts walking over to an opposite corner in the library, not sure where they might be.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:04 pm

River was only halfway paying attention to what Lavender was saying. Seeing that she didn't have too much to spare, her ears pricked just in time to hear the baremare's proposal.

She brought her head out of the saddle bag, cocking it sideways at the barmare, and then back to Lavender. This couldn't just be coincidence, could it? Was this the work of the Benefactor? Who was really helping her?

For that matter, were they really helping her? Why would they have to resort to hypnosis to convince someone to let her have a spare bedroom? Couldn't they have said, "Hey, my kid sister is lost and confused right now, can you go help her out?"

Kid sister? Where did that come from? River frowned at the thought, filing it away for later. "I-I guess so. I really need to take a bath and settle in a bit, and I was..." Her eyes went wide. How could she forget!? "The police station! I was supposed to go with Stacked Deck!"

Stacked Deck walks over to River. "That you were. We still have a lot to figure out. We should be off."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:05 pm

Silver moves towards the librarian as well. "Hello Dusty. You're looking as lovely as usual. Could you direct me to where you keep your atlases please?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:12 pm

"Hello Silver. The atlases are over near the children's section, along the wall." The old mare says, hardly looking up from her book.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next