Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Ahoof Sign-up and OOC [ONE SPOT OPEN]

+7
Fury of the Tempest
Quietkal
sunbeam
Lapis-Lazily
ZamuelNow
Crystalite
Copper Rose
11 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Mystery Ahoof Sign-up and OOC [ONE SPOT OPEN] Empty Mystery Ahoof Sign-up and OOC [ONE SPOT OPEN]

Post  Copper Rose Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:13 pm

As I promised, when my Laughter campaign reaches level three, I am starting a new Element-based campaign. This one is for Honesty.
(This means that all characters must have the Element of Honesty.)

In Character Thread!

This campaign is based in a small town, present day (show wize, anyway), just south of Van Hoover. Pretty much just a normal small Equestria town, mostly. A famous author wrote a best-selling book series based here, so it is a bit of a tourist attraction, and as such gets quite some interesting ponies, and creatures of many other races too, pass through. Conventions are held annually during the summer (it is early fall when the campaign starts) for the tourists, the main income for the town, and many of the activities are related to the book series. There is one problem, though, with what kind of book was based in this particular kind of town. In a big city it would be no problem, or a made-up town, but the City(barely) of Port Pegasus is possibly the worst place to base a series of mystery novels, if only because of those ponies out there who are... not quite right in the head.

Using the Abilities system, I guess, and feel free to use Abilities not official as long as you OK them with me somewhere during character creation. Minimum number of players is 4, maximum is 8. I'm not limiting how many people can sign up, just how many will actually be in the game, so those who sign up early, even if there's 8 or more already signed up, get first priority if someone drops from the game. If you have questions, feel free to ask. If you are not interested, thank you for reading this far, but if you are, then sign up! Big Smiles, Sweetie

Combat builds may be used, though they will not be required until much later in the game. I will, in fact, give you warning perhaps even a level ahead of time before they are required.

Also, I tend to prefer to use skype in my games when possible, so though I may create a skype group chat for this game, this thread will remain the official OOC, so official things will/should be either done in here or copied into here.

PLayers signed up|characters:
just a place to keep track of stuff
PLayers in|characters:
never thought I'd have to make this, but waiting list:

Last edited by Copper Rose on Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:49 pm; edited 37 times in total
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Mystery Ahoof Sign-up and OOC [ONE SPOT OPEN] Empty Re: Mystery Ahoof Sign-up and OOC [ONE SPOT OPEN]

Post  Crystalite Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:55 am

I would like a spot. But I'll need a while to make a character sheet.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Mystery Ahoof Sign-up and OOC [ONE SPOT OPEN] Empty Re: Mystery Ahoof Sign-up and OOC [ONE SPOT OPEN]

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:54 am

I see you are starting this now. Will this be purely Abilities or will combat builds be required as well?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:01 am

The advantage to editing a post while somebody replies to it is that you can edit your answer into it.

The disadvantage to editing a post while somebody replies to it is that they don't realise their question got answered unless they go back and reread the previous post after leaving or reloading the page.

(a.k.a. look to opening post for your answer, it makes it easier for those first looking at this to get all the info they might need.)
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:24 am

Dunno when I'll be able to get to Google Docs, but here's a basic Text build.

Build:

This looks like a unicorn. It's not. Also, this may look like I only have a little bit of thought here; I don't. I actually have a fair amount. (It's not precisely original thought, as the affectionate name might hint at; although I'm gonna try and do something a little different with it.) Meet Dancing River, the Earth Pony Psychic!

Backstory:

And that's where she'll be at (probably) when the campaign starts. Just getting to town, wondering who the hell she thinks she is. And, y'know, why there was a dead pony in yhe middle of the woods.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:36 am

I'm assuming the dead body is going to be something she'll explore on her own, as her own personal subplot? I'm perfectly fine with it, but if players want more than one NPC per personal subplot, they'll have to be really convincing.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:10 am

That is correct. I may make an antagonist for her as well (The exact nature will/would be revealed one bit at a time, just like her own nature.) Speaking of, what qualifies as an NPC for the purpose of that stipulation of "one NPC per player sub-plot"?

I think I may have to re-arrange some of the trained skills too, perhaps even dropping one all together (It occured to me that History doesn't make a lot of sense for an amnesiac.)
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:35 am

Words of Wisdom:

Would an openly deliberate use of Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness be allowed for Words of Wisdom's form of speech?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:05 am

@ Crystalite:
Basically, if players want subplots for their characters that include other characters that are not their companions (though those would be controlled by me as well), then those characters will be NPC's, and the player should describe to me how they wish their NPC to interact and such, so that I can control how much attention is payed by players to the main plot line. Thanks to said sub-plots, I may be able to focus mostly on them when I am having trouble coming up with details about the next main plot point.

@ ZamuelNow:
That sounds wonderfully awesome, just be sure to provide translations sometimes sometimes, if it becomes too long winded to be understandable.

Also, does this mean you are signing up? I refrained from assuming so in case you were only commenting on it, but if you are, then I can add you to the list in the opening post whenever you confirm.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:08 am

It is agreeable, confirmable, and correct that I am planning to sign up. I have plans for my character and am mostly finished. Probably won't post the build until tomorrow though.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:09 am

I will be making a character for this. Sounds fun.

Edit: Made my character. Say hello to former con-stallion and current police consultant Stacked Deck
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:42 am

I hereby present, display, and reveal Beams Brightly! Crystalline isn't in the new system but I hope it'll be okay since it's basically just an X-born. And yes, her standard sentences when she speaks has the triple synonyms.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:08 pm

So, we have the ex-con-artist, the nutty professor, and the amneisic psychic. This ought to be quite interesting.

Zammy, I don't suppose when River gets to town she could bump into Beams Brightly first? They look like they'd get along.

Copper Rose wrote:@ Crystalite:
Basically, if players want subplots for their characters that include other characters that are not their companions (though those would be controlled by me as well), then those characters will be NPC's, and the player should describe to me how they wish their NPC to interact and such, so that I can control how much attention is payed by players to the main plot line. Thanks to said sub-plots, I may be able to focus mostly on them when I am having trouble coming up with details about the next main plot point.

Gotcha. I'll send you some notes later.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:02 pm

Don't particularly care for Zammy...

But we'll see how things go. It might work well for the two to meet and it may not. Beams certainly has her quirks.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:17 pm

Ah-ha! I know how to irritate you now Daring Do

Not that I will, of course...

Sent you a PM Copper Rose.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:04 pm

Crystalite wrote:Ah-ha! I know how to irritate you now Daring Do

Not that I will, of course...
Please don't irritate our mutual DM.

In any case, I'd like to join in the revelry. I'm still hammering out the backstory, but here's Wanderlust's build:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MiZqtFb-Eth5Mzg8y3KDe1gWBnbQJ1oZ8RK7jtY7lpc/edit#heading=h.yvws4uhmtkn
You can probably guess the big picture of the poor sap's personal plotline. He's going to be student, but more along the lines of a student like Marek from Michael Crichton's book Timeline.
Also, is the element of Honesty required? I'd like to have the element of Generosity, but Honesty fits him well enough.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:58 pm

Yay for answering in opening post! Very Happy

Anyway, don't feel restricted to making characters where Honesty makes sense. One (small) reason I'm doing this series of campaigns is so that people can see all the different possibilities of types of characters that can be produced for a single element, in case someone ever is feeling low on ideas for a character for a certain campaign that wants exactly one of each element.

For this reason, if someone feels like making a character for this, but for some reason doesn't want to play, go ahead and post it in here. Do this, though, and despite offering another idea, people won't be able to see them in action (unless somebody decides to use that character, with the maker's permission) for more ideas.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:35 pm

Also, I tend to prefer to use skype in my games when possible

Is this a recent update? I don't remember seeing it earlier and may cause issues for me since I'm rarely on Skype.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:47 pm

I would also prefer not to use Skype.

And this might be important too.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:15 pm

Also mentioned was that this would remain the main OOC. I only use skype so that communications can be faster and easier, and if most of the party prefers not to use it, that's no problem. If something the non-skype users need to know about comes up on the skype chat, it will be posted here. That said, who so far signed up does like to use skype?

Edit: I only really use skype so that I have 9000 tabs open, instead of 9010
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:19 pm

I like skype. It makes party communication between posts both easier and more likely to happen. That said, if nobody's using it, there's no point to it.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:35 am

Goooooooal! We have four players now! We could (theoretically) start soon!

Say, does anyone else have plans for a sub-plot? I would prefer for mine to not be the only alternative to the Main Story... PM me and I can give suggestions, if you want.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:50 pm

There's actually people still signing up/working on their characters, so we'll wait for them to finish before we start.

Until then, why not have your character take a personality test, just for fun?
Jung Typology Test
Bronyland test
A random one I found and haven't tried yet
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:14 am

I should probably mention that I'm done with everything I need to start playing. I'm just drawing details that won't show up until later at this point.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:00 pm

So that leaves Conan to finish his sheet, and Paper to make one in the first place.

Say, where did they sign up? And Quietkal too, for that matter...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next