Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psychoneights

+3
ZamuelNow
Quietkal
Elacular
7 posters

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down

Psychoneights - Page 2 Empty Re: Psychoneights

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:42 pm

Marsh was feeling increasingly uncomfortable with the number of dragons around.  She really didn't know what to about it, especially since this one was was ranting on about arrowheads.  Hopefully, they would be back to their rooms soon.  Then she realized there might be a problem considering what Jewel said.  Raising her hoof to ask a question, "Are there any swamps nearby? If not, is there any place to setup a pool?"

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:00 pm

Jewel nodded to Pyro and gave him a toothy grin. "Yeah yeah, I know the deal, codger. Anyway, for those of you who aren't in the know, this here camp is built on a huge-plot meteor made of a special alloy called Psitanium. It's a rock that sort of...well, I can't get too technical, you're all just brats. But it's sort of makes you more psychically aware being close to it, and it helps you little punks reign in your powers. But I don't want you morons trying to dig up the meteor, that'd be daft. Instead, I want you to dig up these." At this, she held up an arrowhead made of purple stone. "See, the Buffalo who named this place called Psitanium Whinnying Rock, and they'd use the stuff to make extra strong arrowheads. Now, these don't really do you any good. Me, however,' Here she tossed the arrowhead in the air and grabbed it in her mouth, crunching it up between her teeth. "I find 'em positively delectable. So here's the deal. You give me arrowheads, I sneak you food and stuff from the cafeteria, give you juicy secrets about Magimind, Featherbow and Loften, or really whatever else you want. Give me a whole buttload of arrowheads, and I show you some of my inventions. They're incredibly sexy, seriously. You want to see these things."

At Marsh's question, Jewel smiled down at her. "Well, swamps aren't exactly a thing, but we have Lake Oblongata, and that's covered in algae and crap. That's sort of like a swamp. You just gotta be careful of the mutant crayfish and the massive seabeast. You know, typical camp fare. Also, absolutely dead serious here, don't try to go across the lake. There's an asylum for the psychically disturbed over there and if the screams are any indication, it's not a place you wanna be. But anyway, I can spare some time to put you together a pool near the foalie-cabins if you need one."

Meta:
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:10 pm

At Jewel's description of the Arrowheads, Dart starts to salivate.

"Honorable Sens...Jewel. Those arrowheads sound delicious. Would there be any downsides to me eating those as well?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:03 pm

Elacular wrote:So here's the deal. You give me arrowheads, I sneak you food and stuff from the cafeteria, give you juicy secrets about Magimind, Featherbow and Loften, or really whatever else you want. Give me a whole buttload of arrowheads, and I show you some of my inventions. They're incredibly sexy, seriously. You want to see these things."[/color]

Pyro raised an eyebrow. Inventions? This was news to him. He leered at the adolescent, but was interrupted before he could start to retort.

Cardbo wrote:At Jewel's description of the Arrowheads, Dart starts to sa"Honorable Sens...Jewel.  Those arrowheads sound delicious.  Would there be any downsides to me eating those as well?"

"I wouldn't suggest it; Honorable Sensei Jewel is a lot bigger than you."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:46 pm

[quote="Crystalite"]
Elacular wrote:

Cardbo wrote:At Jewel's description of the Arrowheads, Dart starts to sa"Honorable Sens...Jewel.  Those arrowheads sound delicious.  Would there be any downsides to me eating those as well?"

Dart gulped. "Noted, Honorable Sensei Pyro."

'Ah well. Least I still have my bag of sapphires.' Dart thought to himself.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:53 pm

Cardbo wrote:Dart gulped.  "Noted, Honorable Sensei Pyro."

'Ah well.  Least I still have my bag of sapphires.'  Dart thought to himself.

"That's Sergeant to you!"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:57 pm

Crystalite wrote:
Cardbo wrote:Dart gulped.  "Noted, Honorable Sensei Pyro."

'Ah well.  Least I still have my bag of sapphires.'  Dart thought to himself.

"That's Sergeant to you!"

"Yes, Honorable... Sergent Pyro!"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:56 pm

Marsh felt a little ashamed at how worried she was.  Despite what she had gone through, the dragons here seemed nice enough. "I-I think the lake may be enough but thank you ma...Jewel. Algae is just what I needed."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:55 am

Those were some...interesting...descriptors Jewel used. Cloud was rather confused by Jewel straight up offering to sneak the campers stuff right in front of the counselors, but...whatever. There's clouds, so at worst she can just nap through most of the weird stuff going on here.
Meta:
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:19 am

Cardbo wrote:
Crystalite wrote:
Cardbo wrote:"Honorable Sens...Jewel.  Those arrowheads sound delicious.  Would there be any downsides to me eating those as well?"

Dart gulped.  "Noted, Honorable Sensei Pyro."

Jewel grinned at Dart and then pursed her lips at Pyro. "Ah, don't be such an old fuddie-duddie. He's plenty big enough to chew his own rocks. Then again, it could interact a bit weird with actual psychics. Hrm....let's test it, shall we? Here you go, snowball." With that, she tossed Dart a small psitanium arrowhead. "If you don't mind not getting my awesome crap and it turns out they don't explode your guts, go wild."

ZamuelNow wrote:Marsh felt a little ashamed at how worried she was.  Despite what she had gone through, the dragons here seemed nice enough. "I-I think the lake may be enough but thank you ma...Jewel.  Algae is just what I needed."

"Wait, you're actually gonna be scraping that green crap off the lake for me?" a toothy smile spread over her face and a few sparks hissed between her teeth. "Kid, I will pay you to do that! Tell you wot, you clean up the swimming area every day and do...whatever it is you're doing with it, I give you a couple of free 20 arrowheads treats whenever you do. Oh right, that's a thing kids. You do work to make my life easier, you get arrowheads. Well, no you don't actually get arrowheads, but you get stuff you'd get if you had arrowheads. Uh...whatever, you get it. You're all smart."

Quietkal wrote:
Meta:

Not really. As a matter of fact, Jewel's munching seems to have absolutely no effect on your mind save for mild annoyance at the sound if that sort of thing bugs you.

"Alright, I'm off the soapbox now. I've been working my plot off all day and I am ten billion percent done. Pyro, you don't actually sleep 'cause you're a freak right? Lead the little brats to the cabins will you? I've got a date with a mister sandman."

With that, the dragon yawned and stretched before wandering away.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:50 am

Dart tossed the arrowhead into his mouth and started munching, trying to figure out how to describe the flavor.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:52 am

Pyro face-hoofed again. Jewel was right; he wouldn't be sleeping for quite some time yet. He sighed as he brought his irritation back to the proper level.

"We're going to work on proper marching later this week. In the meantime, you will simply follow me in the big, disorganised mass that you are as I show you the cabins," he said, stepping off the stage... and revealing (to the newcomers) that he was in fact not much taller than Cloud Hopper, although it didn't bother him personally at all. He explained some of the basic rules as he walked, glancing back occasionally to make sure everyone was following and nobody was trying to sneak up on him.

"Now, the campgrounds are perfectly safe by daylight; however, wandering around after sunset or before sunrise is strictly prohibited; suffice it to say there's a reason I don't sleep at night like Jewel said, and I will now about it if any of you are in violation. You will be outside your cabins awaiting directions immediately after dawn; as the cabins do not have windows, this will be signaled by trumpet, and you are to be outside before the trumpet finishes. At which point you will follow the directions of whichever counselor is working with you at any particular moment. Mealtimes are signaled by bell; if you fail to appear at mealtimes you will not be fed! As Jewel has already stated, you will remain on this side of the lake if you value your remaining sanity. There is a bath house directly across the road from your cabins; while you are free to bathe wherever and however you want, you will be inspected each morning for cleanliness. Those who fail inspection will be tossed rudely into the lake. These rules are not exhaustive; if you are unclear as to whether or not something is permitted, the answer is NO."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:16 pm

Marsh didn't really need payment if she had access to fresh algae but it was nothing to complain about.  Probably should have asked Jewel about the kitchen but before she could, Sergeant Pyro was already whisking them off to their cabin.  Despite his gruff demeanor, the rules seemed reasonable enough.  "Um, where would we find the camp nurse, Sergeant?"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:13 pm

Dart started thinking about mealtimes, and what kind of food was available.  Even though he could eat and liked pony food, he didn't really find it that filling.  "Hono...Seagent Pyro, what kind of food is available at meal times?  Are there any gems or high quality rocks like basalt, granite or marble?  Is there a quarry nearby?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:22 pm

"The 'camp nurse' is whichever counselor you get to first. If you want a preference, I would pick Featherbow. If you want rocks to munch on, go talk to Jewel, we don't know where she gets 'em."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:22 am

As Pyro finished his sentence, he and the campers arrived at the cabins. There were quite a few of them filled with campers who had come earlier and already been orientated. The last ones were the two smallest cabins, each with four sets of bunk beds. The girls were assigned to the slightly less ratty of the cabins, though that wasn't saying much. After a brief, half-hearted hissy fit by Garret over not being able to be in the same cabin as Pointer, the students were finally able to go to bed (though it took an older earth-pony camper duct-taping the Griffon's mouth shut to reach a suitable noise level).

The next morning, Loften the Zebra walked into the small circle that housed the campers, scarf tight around his neck and a huge smile on his face. He used his telekinesis to hold a bugle up to his lips and began playing a...unique rendition of Oh How I Hate to Get Up in the Morning. It was highly off key and very very loud, and it only became worse when he threw the horn away and began singing outright.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:48 am

At the sound of the horn Dart awakens, rolling off the top bunk, and crashes onto the floor.

"Ach..ch..ch" he mumbles, mostly to himself. "Good morning, fellow campers."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:22 am

Cloud gets out of her bunk relatively quickly, having taken whatever upper bunk she could get, before moving to brush her teeth in no particular hurry.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:13 am

Marsh was startled by the horn. Far more jarring than a bedside alarm clock. Still, she wanted to put her best hoof forward. Quickly washing up, she rushed to the designated meeting spot and stood ready for instruction.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:28 pm

Pyro was standing next to Loften as he sang/played his song. Originally this had been the Sergeant's duty; but Loften had won a bet, a long time ago, and he was obliged to honor it.

He watched as the campers filed out in various states of disarray. Shameful. Once everyone had come out, he signaled to the zebra to wrap it up.

"TENSHUN! You have twenty minutes to do whatever personal hygiene is necessary before the breakfast bell. Afterwords, you will proceed to your counselor of the day; you will be told by the time it becomes important. HOP TO IT!"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:23 am

Dart looks at the earth pony still in his bunk.  He didn't even know the colt's name, but moved by vague sense of comraderie he nudged the earth pony to see if he'd could get him awake. "Hey!  Wake up!  You'll get in trouble."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:59 pm

"Alright then, brats." Loften grinned widely at the campers. "Around here, our policy is to pitch the lot of you into the field right away and see how you do, so today you'll be doing your first mind hop. But we also don't want you foals dying, so we've taken two safety precautions. One, you're going into Featherbow's mind." A collective groan rose up from the more experienced campers. "Yeah, I know, it sucks in there. But we have to do it whether we like it or not. Two, Pyro will be going in with you. I'm really sorry about this, Pyro, but last time Magimind went in his head she ended up blasting half the campers and I'm not allowed anywhere on his ethereal plane after the...incident." At this, he and a few students let out a light snicker. "So yeah, breakfast. Anyone who likes rocks, you'll find Jewel in the far corner of the Mess Hall."

Meta:
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:36 pm

Pyro shrugged almost imperceptibly. "No problem at all. Now give me that!" he snapped, snatching the trumpet away from Loften. "Before you hurt somebody with your god-awful caterwauling. Less booze next time, you're usually better than that."

Vibe:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:06 pm

After tying on her tail bow and feeling ready for the first day of this weird camp, Cloud follows the other campers to what she assumes is the mess hall, not attempting to make eye contact or conversation with the other campers as she goes.
Meta:
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:44 pm

Dart figured he'd done his part and headed off to go clean himself up.

Spoiler:
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next