Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psychoneights

+3
ZamuelNow
Quietkal
Elacular
7 posters

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Go down

Psychoneights - Page 3 Empty Re: Psychoneights

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:05 pm

When Paladin’s sarcastic clapping with ignored, the earth pony just rolled his eyes. Let this... Pyro guy have the spotlight and attention for now. Let him ignore those that he chose. In time, ponies will learn who really deserves their attention... and Paladin will see just what this Pyro is made off.

When everypony was bedding down to sleep, Paladin lay on his bed for sometime, looking up in the ceiling lost in thought. It was now, that he was alone with his thoughts, that Paladin could be truthful to himself... and Pyro’s speech had scared him. Change worlds? LEVEL cities? Warp reality? Could they actually do that? Did their psychic powers have that potential?

Paladin had no desire to become a weapon, or a killer... he was a leader, he was sure of that. Even before his telekinesis was unleashed, it was discovered that his psychic powers were inspiring others alongside his words. That is what he wanted to do. To inspire, push ponies to do their best... not to destroy and disrupt. But to lead and heal...

With these troubled thoughts, Paladin’s sleep with fitful, waking up several times in the night. So it was no real surprise to him at least, that he slept late. Very late. In fact, he probably would of woken well after breakfast if Dart hadn’t nudged him and spoken to him. As it was, the earth pony and stirred with a yawn long after Dart had left, and took a few moments to remember where he was before slipping out of bed.

Arcana:

Last edited by Fury of the Tempest on Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:54 pm

Marsh headed off to breakfast.  This whole experience was disorienting and not quite what she expected.  However, she tried to take in as much as she could on the way.  While their methods seemed strange, it should be a learning experience.  Hopefully she could get access to the lake after this training exercise.  Some marshmallow cream would be great on her toast but she didn't have a chance to make any fresh.  She realized she still needed to ask about kitchen access.

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:49 pm

Having cleaned himself up, Dart's stomach rumbled, reminding himself he hadn't eaten in awhile. Remembering, the conversation from last night, he goes off to look for Jewel to see about getting some rocks to eat.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:36 pm

Meta:

Loften grins at them all again and skips off to the kitchen in a glorious mood. When everypony gets there, all the dragons immediately walk over to the far end where Jewel has a large slab of granite that she's chopping pieces off of. On the other side, there's a surly old pegasus with grey fur and a hairnet barking at everyone. Her voice sounds like she's smoked her entire life. "Awright, awright, get your food and sit down you little brats."

On the west side of the room, there was a decent sized stage with a podium and a microphone. Featherbow walked up to it and tapped on it slightly, causing some loud, squealy feedback. He cleared his throat and spoke. "Uh...hi again, foalios! It's me, Featherbow!" Somepony out in the crowd thew a tomato at him, which he dodged. "Uh...right. Okay. Um, everyone, we're going to go on your first mind dive today! I'll tell you all about the specifics when you're done inside, but let's start with the basics." At this, he brought out an odd little door about three inches tall with flowers on it. "We call this a psychoportal. Can you say Psychoportal?"
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:14 pm

Dart goes up to Jewel.  "Can I have a small slab of granite, please?  Do you have any other types available?  Can I see some of your inventions sometime?"
Elacular wrote:
On the west side of the room, there was a decent sized stage with a podium and a microphone. Featherbow walked up to it and tapped on it slightly, causing some loud, squealy feedback. He cleared his throat and spoke. "Uh...hi again, foalios! It's me, Featherbow!" Somepony out in the crowd thew a tomato at him, which he dodged. "Uh...right. Okay. Um, everyone, we're going to go on your first mind dive today! I'll tell you all about the specifics when you're done inside, but let's start with the basics." At this, he brought out an odd little door about three inches tall with flowers on it. "We call this a psychoportal. Can you say Psychoportal?"

Dart turns around and says "Psychoportal."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:28 pm

"Buck. I missed," a certain red Unicorn mumbled as Featherbow dodged his tomato...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:09 pm

Elacular wrote:"We call this a psychoportal. Can you say Psychoportal?"
Cloud swallows part of a slice of dry toast to reply, "Yeah."
Meta:
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:43 pm

"I know they look kinda dense, Bow, but I don't think they're that slow," Pyro called up towards the Buffalo. He suddenly stood up and shouted at the campers. "ARE YOU!? I sure hope not!"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:14 pm

While she mainly wanted to know how to heal physical injuries, Marsh figured it would be great to help patients with their woes.  But something about all this didn't feel right.  Getting rewarded for finding something embarrassing?  That would be betraying the patient's trust.  She knew that one of the most important rules of a medic was "Do no harm".  Well, it seemed she had a goal.  She might find it first but that didn't mean she had to share anything that would hurt others.  Upon hearing Featherbow's request, she happily replied with the most cheerful voice possible.  "Psychoportal!"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:22 pm

Jewel grinned down at Dart. "Sure, not today and hell yeah. I'll even give you a little discount, snowball." With this she handed him the rock on a plate. "Sorry I've only got granite though. I know it's not super great rock, but I can only collect my stuff from inside the caves in the woods, and the psychic bears are in the middle of their mating season. You know how it is. I'm gonna be hiring some of the students to help me with it a bit later though. Probably not you though. You gotta earn your stripes before you can go hunting psychobears."

A very haggard and annoyed looking Magimind wandered up to Jewel, using her magic to press a bag of ice to her forehead. "Granite. Now."

"Buck off," Jewel said, "I worked hard to get this rock and I'm not letting you use it to torment Featherbow. If you really want something hard to throw at him, go find Escargot's Sunday special. I'm pretty sure I saw her cutting diamonds with it."

At Pyro's shout to the campers, one older colt with thick glasses yelled back "Well, I can't speak for the others, but..."

Featherbow tapped the microphone to get everyone's attention back on him. "That's really good, foals! Yes, this is a psychoportal. We use it to jump into peoples minds and we end up on their mental landscape. Can you say ment-" Before he could finish his sentence, he was clocked with a plate full of what looked liked fossilized scrambled eggs. Magimind smirked at him, clearly quite pleased with herself. "Ow...right. Um. We go in ponies heads and we can see what they think like. And stuff. I'll explain more when we're finished eating and you all actually go inside."
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:44 pm

Elacular wrote:Jewel grinned down at Dart. "Sure, not today and hell yeah. I'll even give you a little discount, snowball." With this she handed him the rock on a plate. "Sorry I've only got granite though. I know it's not super great rock, but I can only collect my stuff from inside the caves in the woods, and the psychic bears are in the middle of their mating season. You know how it is. I'm gonna be hiring some of the students to help me with it a bit later though. Probably not you though. You gotta earn your stripes before you can go hunting psychobears."

Dart takes the granite, but groans when he hears he probably won't be hunting psycho-bears.  "Awwww..."

Elacular wrote:
At Pyro's shout to the campers, one older colt with thick glasses yelled back "Well, I can't speak for the others, but..."

Dart gives a little snort in amusement on hearing that and continues looking for a seat. He spots a random available seat next to two fillies and walks over. "Hi!  I'm Dart.  Can I sit here?"

Last edited by Cardbo on Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:40 am

The Sergeant glared at Magimind as she demonstrated her superior aim and weaponry. He quietly moved over a few places to sit next to her.

"Didn't think my speech was that bad. What happened?" He asked quietly (so that Featherbow could still be heard.)

Persuasion:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:17 pm

Magimind sighed and gave him a weak smile. "No, it wasn't that bad. It's just extremely different from what Closure would do. You're just very different from Closure in general and you're taking on a lot of his responsibilities, for better or for worse. It'll take the foals a while to get used to it, but you're doing okay. We're all a little wound up about what's happened lately. Don't take it too personally."

She gently patted him on the shoulder with one hoof, though her words rang a bit hollow.

As Featherbow was still sitting down and rubbing his forehead, Loften got up onto the stage. "Alright, Everypony. We'll be getting started soon, so once you've finished your breakfast, start getting into groups. No less than two, no more than six. Hop to it, brats!"
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:36 pm

For once, Pyro was at a loss for words. He hadn't expected this sudden expression of empathy. Especially not from Magimind to him.

His surprise didn't last long. "Uh. That's a nice sentiment, but I was talking about your ice pack... Ah, nevermind. I have to go give Featherbow a brain job, now, ugh."

With that, he hopped up onto the stage with Loften. "Now, this time around I'm going in; because [i]conveniently,[i]" He said, pausing and turning to glare at the zebra, "All of the other reindeer decided to laugh and call Featherbow names, and he won't let them in anymore. Now, we will not all be going in at once; the short version is that his head would explode. Rather, I will be taking you in one or two groups at a time. We will go through a series of exercises, and leave; and then the next bunch goes in. Don't worry about the time; from the 'outside' this only takes a few minutes. I anticipate we'll be done in about an hour at most; DO NOT DISSAPOINT ME! It would be.... tragic."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:23 pm

As Pyro said that, Jewel clambered up onto the stage. "Actually boss, that's not gonna be as much an issue anymore. Lookie here:" She swiped Featherbow's Portal and held it up, clacking her claw on a lock-like mechanism on it. "I've been studying the way all this brain crap works and I've figured out how to add an automatic psychic stabilizer. Basically, it lets you all do the mind hop at once without 'is head going boom. Loften gave my prototypes a few tests around trained Psychoneights a few months back and apart from a few headaches later on, it worked perfectly. 'cause I'm a genius an' all."

"Yes, actually," Featherbow walked up to them, taking his portal back. "And I've been doing some hard redecorating of my mind to help accommodate for a large number of campers at once. I honestly don't even think you need to go in. It's a very simple course and the foals will all be very well behaved, won't you foalies?"
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:33 pm

Cardbo wrote:Dart gives a little snort in amusement on hearing that and continues looking for a seat. He spots a random available seat next to two fillies and walks over. "Hi!  I'm Dart.  Can I sit here?"
The barely-a-filly turns around from her dry toast and sassily responds, "I dunno, can you?"
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:43 pm

Quietkal wrote:
Cardbo wrote:Dart gives a little snort in amusement on hearing that and continues looking for a seat. He spots a random available seat next to two fillies and walks over. "Hi!  I'm Dart.  Can I sit here?"
The barely-a-filly turns around from her dry toast and sassily responds, "I dunno, can you?"

Dart sets his tray of granite down onto the table does a clawstand onto the seat.  He gives a little grin and says.  "Its a bit difficult."

OOC:Dart's being silly and doing the typical 'trying to impress girls' thing.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:39 pm

Elacular wrote:As Pyro said that, Jewel clambered up onto the stage. "Actually boss, that's not gonna be as much an issue anymore. Lookie here:" She swiped Featherbow's Portal and held it up, clacking her claw on a lock-like mechanism on it. "I've been studying the way all this brain crap works and I've figured out how to add an automatic psychic stabilizer. Basically, it lets you all do the mind hop at once without 'is head going boom. Loften gave my prototypes a few tests around trained Psychoneights a few months back and apart from a few headaches later on, it worked perfectly. 'cause I'm a genius an' all."

"DON'T call me 'boss'!" The Sergeant yelled at the dragon. "I work for a living! Why did it not occur to you two to mention this at the Counselor Meeting last week!? Would've been a fine time to know."

Elacular wrote:"Yes, actually," Featherbow walked up to them, taking his portal back. "And I've been doing some hard redecorating of my mind to help accommodate for a large number of campers at once. I honestly don't even think you need to go in. It's a very simple course and the foals will all be very well behaved, won't you foalies?"

Pyro deadpanned at the Buffalo. "Maybe I do, maybe I don't. And maybe I just want to see what's so awful in that little bucking bucket of yours that you won't let Loften in anymore. You'll just have to wonder! Unless you want to go in my mind," He said with a threatening tone. "Do you?"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:48 pm

Being a little lost in thought, Marsh didn't initially notice the dragon walk towards the table.  When he spoke, she gave a tiny yelp.  She wasn't particularly comfortable around dragons or anything reptilian due to things she had been through.  Still, her parents raised her to treat others with respect and he hadn't done anything rude.  Meekly, Marsh replied, "Um, hello there..."

Last edited by ZamuelNow on Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:17 pm

Dart flips into his seat properly.  "I'm Dart.  Whats your names?"  Are you excited by going into Featherbow's mind?  I'm pretty excited..."  Dart continues happily chatting, finally finishing with "...and thats why Sapphires and Emeralds are the best tasting gems, ever!"

He takes a bite of granite and waits expectantly for somepony to respond.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:34 pm

Crystalite wrote:"DON'T call me 'boss'!" The Sergeant yelled at the dragon. "I work for a living! Why did it not occur to you two to mention this at the Counselor Meeting last week!? Would've been a fine time to know."

Pyro deadpanned at the Buffalo. "Maybe I do, maybe I don't. And maybe I just want to see what's so awful in that little bucking bucket of yours that you won't let Loften in anymore. You'll just have to wonder! Unless you want to go in my mind," He said with a threatening tone. "Do you?"

"Saw-ree, Sarge. Cut me some slack. You know I sleep through those meetings."

"It's my fault really," Featherbow said, "It was kind of a snap decision. This is usually Closure's job and we didn't want to overwork you by offloading so many of his jobs on you, so we thought we could make it easier on everypony by just having them all go at once since that's a thing we can do now."
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:05 pm

Pyro narrowed his eyes at Featherbow. "... Thank you for your concern; in the future, please have a little more faith in how much I can do. That being said, I'm still going to supervise this one. Today is a day of forming habits; and a bad habit formed now can ruin a mind later. Now, is there anything else you'd like to tell me? Because I'd like to get on with the day."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:33 pm

Marsh waits for Dart to finish his long spiel. "My name is Marshom Aloe. Um, you can call me Marsh if you like. I'm a little nervous about going in, though I guess it'll be safe."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:25 am

"Pleased to meet you Marsh."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:43 am

Cloud merely grunts in clearly fake interest to Dart's ramble about rocks and the subtleties of their taste. "The camp wouldn't have returning campers if they had regular difficulty with their starting activity. Though the quarreling of the counselors is a little distressing," she says evenly, before taking another bite of the dry toast.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next