Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting)

+7
AProcrastinatingWriter
TheCavalry
A1C Bronymous
Paper Shadow
Dusk Raven
ZamuelNow
Crystalite
11 posters

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting) - Page 2 Empty Re: The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting)

Post  mjh6 Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:35 am

Just so you know, it's Serena, not Selena. Smile 
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting) - Page 2 Empty Re: The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting)

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:01 pm

Alright my sheets undergoing done changes to fit the game, but I'm missing stuff. I need to rework his abilities, but what is this about custom abilities to reflect our powers? I've been told to ditch Changelings Trickery, but I can make up a similar ability that will fill in. Does anyone know how I do that?

Related, what's the feel of multitalented gifted? Can I make up two abilities to fit his multiple powers, or do I have to stock with one so add not to be sueish and Op? For reference the two I would need to do this for are the Numinexus magic (sort of shapeshifting/transformation) and Pyrokinesis (fire. Best superpower).

Looking for input from everyone, not just DM.

Edit: added questions- what do I need to do about my Stats per my gifted status? How does my height and eight factor in?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:25 am

Okay, I'm not Crystalite, so I can't confirm what he'd say about anything, but here goes.

1. I think that Crystalite want you to lose the old CT which cost a magic point and allowed you to change between different racial talents, and use the new kind, which is less costly, point-wise, does not require a magic point, but is more of a cosmetic/disguise ability that doesn't allow you to change your current abilities. As far as custom talents, I think what you need to do is design a unique ability that works the way you want it to, and submit it to him, where he will decide if it's ok, and assign a point value.

2. Once again, I can't say what C. will rule on this. I can say that he seemed fine with my using telekinesis to simulate super strength, so if the answer is no, maybe you could make it so one talent is actually an extension of the other (turning into fire, partially or fully, maybe?)

3. Not sure what you're asking here. If your talking about what values are appropriate for gifted power, 9 or above is considered fully superhuman. But it's your character, do what you want. I do know that if you go for a 12 in any attribute, there will be Consequences to balance them out

4. The height and weight stuff ties back to C.'s supplement One Size Fits All. C. is probably planning on sending opponents of various sizes after us,and so he needs to know what size we are in comparison. If you're interested in sizeshifting in addition to shapeshifting, you might want to take a look. The whole size thing is also useful for other things, such as knowing if a target can be moved by Advanced Telekinesis.

Hope this helps
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:00 am

1. Yes.

2. I am perfectly fine with multiple customs as long as there's not a pre-existing talent that does that already.

3. Yes.

4. I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of varied sizes or size changing villains... Oops.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:30 am

I honestly don't know what kind of custom ability I can make that's closer to what I want, though- I change forms, gaining a set of new abilities while losing the use of original ones. That's Changeling's Trickery inside and out.

Having also noted that I still have the old version of firstborn, before it spit into two abilities, I have an idea that will make things much easier. The Phoenix I have is fairly old, and amounted many of these powers through certain specific events, or just over time.

SO if we assume this is an alternate reality (which it is), and Phoenix had never undergone those events, then he wouldn't have access to or knowledge of those powers. Therefore, I will redo his abilities- he is now 16 again, and had never learned of the Numinexus spell. All he has now is his skills, his fire, his reincarnation, and his Talon. Maybe some latent psychic powers as well. His powers themselves are more or less under developed, so while he has those abilities, he is much more prone to fighting the old fashioned way.

I'm going to come up with a new pyrokinesis ability, and a resurrection ability. The rest should remain the same or similar enough, and once that's all done I'll fill in the remaining points.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:44 pm

Replied to your PM, and overlooked something; Phoenixborne is gonna be 6 points after my stipulation.

Also, has anyone seen TheCavalry?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:47 pm

I'm sorry! Last few days have been hectic, in a bad way. I've only been checking in once or twice, to check on FE (though I have been reading abilities, rules etc for LL).

I'm sorry for the absence, I'll get stuff to you ASAP.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:23 pm

I have updated Phoenix, added the approved Will of Fire ability, his size, and changed some combat stuff.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:42 pm

Looks alright to me. I'll add you in when I get home tonight.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:12 pm

Working on hero today, should have it done today or tomorrow. Sorry for the slowdown - you would not believe the week I've had. Razz
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:18 pm

Okay then! I have 1 spot left (pezkiller is GONE) so I may have to ask Zammy. Or, alternatively, just work with four.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:26 pm

If he seems interested, give it to Zamuel L. Jackson - I'm in more than enough games already. I can handle more, but I shouldn't be stealing opportunities from others at this crosswalk of space and time (Rassilon Avenue).
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:42 pm

We're aiming for a group of five, so I don't think you'd be stealing anything. Unless you think the game isn't big enough for the two of you...
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:54 pm

So... is there still room for this?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:27 pm

... Yeess... But please make sure to post periodically. My Warehouse campaign is already suffering from lack of posts.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:43 am

Could someone provide a link to the rules for this game? Reading over everything has gotten me a little derpy-eyed.

For instance: the LL book said attributes start at 5 and can't go higher than 10, but Seerenas character sheet has it at 12? And I thought that skills were your attributes, plus train ings, cutie marks and abilities, but Pheonixes seem to all be different.

I guess...on the upside I can fill in the Abilities part, at least? Sorry for bothering everyone with these questions...
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:29 am

You are correct about Attributes, Trainings, and Expert Skill. However, to clear it up a little: Serena has an ability called Overachiever that permits her to have an Attribute of 12. Phoenix has an ability called (Apple)Jack Of All Trades, that provides him a bonus to skills other than Trained or Expert.

Does that help?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:06 pm

I'm likely to stay out of this due to the number of campaigns I'm either in or running, especially after volunteering the spot of the team psychic. However, I still plan to send some NPC and setting stuff to Crystalite to help aid in worldbuilding.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:28 pm

I respect that, and it's your choice, but I just want you to know that the position of telepath is still wide open. Serena may be telekinetic, but I wouldn't call her a normal psychic. She's go a 5 in Arcana, for one thing...
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:30 pm

Applejack of all trades AND most dependable of ponies. Gives me +2 to untrained.

I think. I at least have AJoAT for the +1.

EDIT: Phoenix is also sort of Psychic, but underdeveloped as well. A devoted psychic character would make for good party development.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:31 pm

You guys are making this so hard.  Sad 

The character in question, Might of Ages, was from my first tabletop campaign two years ago. He had a mix of telepathy and telekinesis but was in a wholly different system. An incredibly swingy feast or famine character who was either failing in the most hilarious ways or two shotting midbosses. His first die roll in the campaign was a nat 1. He was the most overt "person in a superhero campaign actually trying to play a superhero" since the character was pretty straight laced and had "but it's not actually spandex...". He'd need changes since some of his status as a legacy character would be skewed due to this campaign's lore. Also, this campaign is lacking a more direct tech character so if I caved and joined I've got a number of options.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:38 pm

Hey, just being honest here.  Wink 
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:43 pm

Might not be able to get done today after all - something has occurred to me and I need permission and clarification.

If I wanted to make a custom utility talent that made my character immune to mind-control (unlike Laughter, no magic point, unlike Laughter, only affects me), would that be allowed, and if so, how many points would such an ability be worth? (It feels like six or seven, maybe five if I'm lucky, because that's kind of a big power to have potentially).

EDIT: Also, could a Gifted also become a Knacked if they hung out with other Gifted? In other words, could the usual Knacking process give a Gifted additional (minor) powers?
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:57 pm

@ Zammy: A Mechanics based Normal would be awesome. Just try not to make an Tony Stark/Iron Man expo, m'kay?

@APW: ... Considering the results when someone asked for a similar ability in MLW, I'm gonna have to say no to a full on immunity. It ended up being awkward to work around, and had great cop-out potential.

What we ended up agreeing on was that as soon as she was hit with a Mind Screw, she triggers Loyalty (or in your case, Laughter) automatically, regardless of whether she would know IC that she'd been affected. But Laughter already does something like that..

We might consider a two edged sword; make you immune to positive mind effects like telepathy as well. Or perhaps it's a random, feast or famine thing like Zammy mentioned: sometimes you're immune, and sometimes you're even more vulnerable than normal.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:00 pm

The two-edged sword makes sense for what I'm trying to do with my character, if that helps at all, which it probably doesn't. I also edited in a new question; I don't blame you for not seeing it as it was, in fact, an edit. Razz
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next