Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recruitment Fallout Equestria: Die 5 [Skype Game]

+3
Zarhon
Copper Rose
Lapis-Lazily
7 posters

Go down

Recruitment Fallout Equestria: Die 5 [Skype Game] Empty Recruitment Fallout Equestria: Die 5 [Skype Game]

Post  Lapis-Lazily Thu May 29, 2014 1:08 am

War. War never changes.

Equestria was once a happy nation of friendship and harmony. As it developed, resource squabbles and misunderstandings with the Zebra nation began to take their toll on the leaders of both nations until it finally came to a head. 1000 years of peace ended in a bloody massacre.

Supply lines were vital to Equestria's war effort, and none were so vital as Inter-Equestrian Highway 5. A pinnacle of equestrian roadway engineering, it ran all the way from Las Pegasus to the frozen north and connected the vital port cities of Neighport, Seaddle, and Vanhoover.

Weapons and parts were shipped up and down the road day and night in a constant scramble to supply Equestria's fighting forces. Those at the time were left in awe of the tireless efforts of the few individuals willing to constantly travel the road with supplies. It seemed nothing could stop them, but, on the day the bombs fell, the roadway went silent.

It is said that a large group of these supply runners fled to the north and took refuge in one of the many stables set up as shelters to withstand the end of the world. If the legends are true, this stable holds a cache of pristine prewar weapons and machines the likes of which the wasteland may never see again.

The road itself has become a legend itself. It's possibly the single most deadly surviving roadway in all of Equestria. The road has come to be known as the Die 5, a gruesome trap disguised as a thin promise of riches and wealth. Many have fallen trying to claim the prize up North. Many more will fall before this story ends. Heroes may come and go, but war, war never changes.

Hello! As you may have already guessed, I am planning on running a Fallout: Equestria skype game. This campaign is going to be a heavily character focused story-based game where the players will be a group of adventurous wastelanders traveling north on the Die 5 for various reasons. I HAVE FOUND ALL PLAYERS! Here are the players:

Dally - Threnody
Great Dinn - Mal
Hayatecooper - Stacked Deck
Newbiespud - DJ Waveform
Elacular - Fey Winds

The game will be using the new version of the system which is soon to be released. In the even it is not quite ready in time, I can pull strings to let all my players build with what's currently available. For now, players who wish to join must fill out Stairc's Character Questionnaire.

I will be judging entries on the following criteria:

1) Concept: Self explanatory. I want interesting characters, so please do your best to make a well-developed character.

2) Personality: Even an interesting character can be marred by having the wrong personality for the group. I will be looking at all the entries to make sure the party can mesh well together

3) Room for Growth: This story is about a journey, and I want characters who will grow and learn as the journey progresses. Players need to think forward about how their character can be changed and affected by this adventure.

4) Flaws: I will not accept any character that lacks flaws. I don't mean mechanical flaws, I mean character flaws. I'm looking for interesting characters, not Mary Sues.

Alicorn and Ghoul characters will not be accepted. In general, try to stick to ponies and races with precedent in the show. I will likely reject exceptionally odd race choices. If you have any questions, feel free to talk to me by PM or ask me for my Skype by PM. I love to help people improve character concepts. I'm hoping to see some really cool submissions.

The game is currently slated to begin on Saturday, June 14 between the hours of 7-8 pm PST (probably ending around 12 am) and will be played over Skype. Times might change depending on availability, but in general those are the hours that work best for me to start, so I apologize if the timezone proves preventative for you. I'll set up a group for the game once I've selected all of the players.

Last edited by Lapis-Lazily on Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Recruitment Fallout Equestria: Die 5 [Skype Game] Empty Re: Recruitment Fallout Equestria: Die 5 [Skype Game]

Post  Copper Rose Thu May 29, 2014 1:30 am

Gah! I was all excited about this and ready to start character stuff, but then you said it was Skype and at a time my parents wouldn't approve of IN THE LAST PARAGRAGH and now I'm sad ;-;
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Recruitment Fallout Equestria: Die 5 [Skype Game] Empty Re: Recruitment Fallout Equestria: Die 5 [Skype Game]

Post  Lapis-Lazily Thu May 29, 2014 1:38 am

Sorry about that. Mid-day stuff just doesn't work out for me.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu May 29, 2014 2:10 am

I'm interested, though conflicted/undecided around the game-time. You've seen my concept.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Sat May 31, 2014 12:44 am

I would love to join this and the game time works perfectly for me
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat May 31, 2014 10:45 pm

...I'm iffy on the game-time. If I can make myself stay up that late I'll jump in.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:17 pm

I've made my character and expressed my interest already, but might as well express it in thread too.

Edit: I've got something of an odd question, actually. Could someone formerly in the enclave theoretically have a southern accent?
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:06 pm

Elacular wrote:I've made my character and expressed my interest already, but might as well express it in thread too.

Edit: I've got something of an odd question, actually. Could someone formerly in the enclave theoretically have a southern accent?

FOE spoilers:
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:16 pm

Thank you very much. That makes my character's background easier because of reasons.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:43 am

I sent you a pm but I'll post here to because reasons.
Kira Raylaque
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:43 pm

Hply buck Newbiespud is in it.

*inhale*

SQQUUUEEEE! FANBOY!
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:25 pm

^

Seconded.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:08 am

Congratulations to Elacular, who has snagged the final spot for this campaign. I would like to thank everyone who applied. There were some very cool entries, but ultimately I had to narrow it down.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down