Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STBLEstuck

+3
mjh6
Crystalite
Elacular
7 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

STBLEstuck - Page 3 Empty Re: STBLEstuck

Post  Elacular Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:28 pm

The floor does not move, unfortunately. With cursory examination, it seems to impact mainly the house itself and not so much the grounds around or beneath it. You can zoon in and out to see the house from inside and outside as well, and you see that it seems to be by a beach.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:35 pm

dp:sORRY, I DON'T THINK i CAN BUILD DOWN.
dp: i MIGHT BE ABLE TO BUILD OUT, BUT NOT DOWN
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:37 pm

LF: Interesting. Can you build up?
LF: It would make sense. Ground keeps you from going down, but there's nothing but air in the way of the sides or above.
LF: Anyhow, I just popped in the client disk. It should be ready in about seven years or so.
LF:...huh. Or seven seconds. Then again, maybe the psychadelic light show hypnotized me or something, I dunno.
LF: Anyway, show, meet road. Let's get a move on.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Eline4 Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:56 pm

CA: Wait, to what extent can you build things?
CA: Is it just an expansion by moving the walls, oh, and is it just a floor that you can create or are there other structures, like stairs or pillars or things like that?
CA: Oh, and can you make actual objects, like desks or the like, or are we limited in that respect?
CA: Oh, um, let me connect to you, LF, sorry about that, just got distracted.

Ink Well goes to the client list and tries to connect to liquidFlorescence, assuming he's on there already.

Eline4
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:50 pm

GG: yeah that was me
GG: anything you want done?
GG: nice beanbag chair btw

Blank, while talking into his headset, decided to peruse the Phernalia Registry.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:58 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:
Anyway, your room's a mess, but what else is new? There's not much in terms of physical disarray, but there is PAINT everywhere, which you suppose anyone who knows you even moderately well would expect. The only items with notable PHYSICAL MASS in your room are one (1) RECORD PLAYER, one (1) COLLECTION of fourteen (14) RECORDS nearby, one (1) COMFY CHAIR, one (1) EASEL, and one (1) COMPUTER. Though GLOW PAINT has covered the walls, floor, ceiling, and windows since TIME IMMEMORIAL, which is to say about three years ago, you have been very careful not to get it on any of your STUFF. Except, of course, the EASEL. One would think that would be obvious, but...

This is what you see on your screen.

Last edited by Elacular on Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:11 am

Colter Bolt wrote:GG: yeah that was me
GG: anything you want done?
GG: nice beanbag chair btw

Blank, while talking into his headset, decided to peruse the Phernalia Registry.

Skynight scratched her chin a moment, deciding on an experiment. "Trampoline!" she said excitedly, not bothering to type to find out if he could hear as well as see.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:15 am

In the registry, Blank sees no "normal" items, they all seem to be weird magitech devices. There seem to be three main ones that are free, Gristwise.

STBLEstuck - Page 3 Cruxtruder

The Cruxtruder

STBLEstuck - Page 3 Totem_lathe

The Totem Lathe

STBLEstuck - Page 3 RealAlchemiter

The Alchemeter.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:59 am

GG: well theres one that sort of looks like a trampoline
GG: I dont think it is one though
GG: theyre all pretty big too

Blank takes this opportunity to explore the house on screen, see if there are any places for these items.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Eline4 Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:22 pm

CA: Oh, nice room!
CA: Um, is there anything you don't want me to touch or to be careful around, because it seems like these controls are finicky from what the others said, and I don't want to damage anything on accident, you know.
CA: Oh, and is there anything you want me to prioritize, because there are lots of options on here.
CA: We've got Select, Revise, Deploy, Phernalia Registry, Grist Cache, Explore Atheneum, and Alchemy Excursus, and honestly I have no idea what any of those do, so we might as well test them all out, it's just the order that matters right now, I think.
CA: Your call, it isn't my house and we'll get to them all anyways.

Ink Well continues to look around the room and house, though he tries to keep the cursor as far away from the buttons on the top as possible, to make sure he doesn't actually do or click something on accident. That would be bad.

Eline4
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:55 pm

When Blank zooms out, he sees that basically everything else in Skynight's house is made of clouds with a minimal of furnishings. As such, there's plenty of empty floorspace to lay things down.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:26 pm

mjh6 wrote:dp:sORRY, I DON'T THINK i CAN BUILD DOWN.
dp: i MIGHT BE ABLE TO BUILD OUT, BUT NOT DOWN

TC: That is a shame.
TC: A basement lair might have been useful.
TC: Like Batmane's.
TC: Oh well.
TC: What else can you do, besides carpentry?
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:33 pm

Colter Bolt wrote:GG: well theres one that sort of looks like a trampoline
GG: I dont think it is one though
GG: theyre all pretty big too

Blank takes this opportunity to explore the house on screen, see if there are any places for these items.

Skynight giggled quietly. He could hear! She suddenly wondered how much the Princesses knew about this game. "Well, pick something I guess, and we'll see."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:45 pm

dp: wELL, LET'S SEE

Bright moved her cursor over to the next icon, Deploy, and clicked.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:48 pm

Your cursor changes to the "Deploy" symbol and the phrenelia registry pops open, showing there three items seen before and many others you can't afford.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:56 pm

dp: wELL, IT LOOKS LIKE THERE'S SOME STUFF i CAN GET FOR YOU. yOU HAVE ANY NEED FOR A cRUXTRUDER, A tOTEM lATHE, OR AN aLCHEMTER?

Bright thought to herself. An alchemeter sounded like it was magical. Maybe it was a type of magic that wasn't locked out to her, or for that matter, TC, by circumstance of birth.

dp: i PROBABLY WOULDN'T MIND AN aLCHEMETER.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:04 pm

truthChaser has left the conversation

But not her room; she stayed put, typing on her PDA. A moment later, a new message appeared in the chat.

truthChaser has entered the conversation!
TC: A quick search did not bring up anything.
TC: I have no idea what they are.
TC: I am not sure I am comfortable with unknown technology being brought into my bedroom
TC: But I will admit to some curiosity.
TC: let us see what an Alchemeter is.
TC: And DP?
TC: I set up some files to transfer to you.
TC: If this does go wrong and kill me, see that they are published.
TC: Get Sunbutt for something in the end.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:16 pm

"dp: sUCKS THAT i CAN'T GET IT, i'D TOTALLY TAKE THAT RISK.
dp: bUT RIGHT NOW, THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS.
dp: oNE alCHEMETER COMING UP

Bright Future first goes to the menu and selects the Alchemeter, and places it in TC's room in a empty spot. Then, without asking, she begins to look for the files TC sent her. If she was going to send them to her anyway...
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:43 pm

Ocean stared at the machine, unable to understand what she was looking at. Literally.

TC: I have no idea what this is.
TC: Has anypony else figured it out yet?

The Pegasus paces around the machine, as if viewing it from different angles might help. A thought occurred to her one that seemed both reckless and insane.

She placed a hoof on it, and stepped onto the large flat platform.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:00 pm

>Ocean: Examine Alchemiter in a cautious manner.

You have no idea what to do with this thing. You can’t find any controls for it.

Having exhausted all other possibilities, you just decide to stand on it.

This isn’t very cautious of you, actually.

Luckily, nothing happens. The machine doesn't even seem to notice you're there.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:06 pm

It did nothing.

No. That was dumb. Everything did something. If this Alchemeter didn't seem to be working, that was because Ocean was doing something wrong. Or else it was doing something invisibly.

Ocean jumped off the platform, squinting with annoyance. If there was one thing she didn't like, it was not knowing something.

TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:35 pm

Blank chose what appeared the be the living room and placed all of the free items there.

GG: alright i just placed all of the free items into your living room
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:42 pm

There seems to be a fourth free item that comes up once all three of the others are deployed: a "Pre punched captchalogue card". You know that captchalogue cards are a magitechnical way of holding a large number of objects while compressing them to minimal space expenditure, but they're pretty expensive. You don't believe "punching" has anything to do with anything, but it's there anyway.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:21 pm

> You gonna reply to your friend, or...

You shake your head, trying to clear out the DAYDREAMS. Huh. It isn't usually like you to WANDER OFF LIKE THAT. What's UP with you today? You're certain that the whole embarassing episode can be seen by your new server, which makes the whole thing even worse. It's a small thing to WORRY ABOUT, you know, but this is your first time MEETING SOMEONE IN PERSON, for lack of a better term, and you don't want to SCREW IT UP by making a BAD IMPRESSION or overusing capital letters or anything like that.

You're RAMBLING now, so here's the long and short of it: it's weird to have somebody WATCHING you now, but you suppose you'll just have to DEAL WITH THAT.

LF: Sorry. Got distracted seeing the others reporting on their progress.
LF: This is all really fascinating, actually. I suppose if anyone would finally crack the "magic at a distance" thing it would be Princess Sparkle.
LF: Doing it over a independent magical system like the telekinet would make sense, says the not-unicorn, being a presumptuous jerk.
LF: Anyway, we should try something different with our screen here. Keep as many experiments going as possible - most efficient methods to understanding a system that is quite frankly a little unnerving.
LF: And by 'unnerving' I mean 'Empty Night you guys do you not notice how this game is actually affecting relaity right in front of us why am I theo nly one freaking out AGAIN'.
LF: Whoof.
LF: Alright, let's see...can you see other parts of the chaotic landscape I refer to as "my house" like you can see me?
LF: Hi by the way.

Having typed this, you turn and wave in what you HOPE is a FRIENDLY MANNER before turning back to the computer and continuing to type.

LF: How do I look?
LF: Probably no good without my hoodie.
LF: That'll be experiment two: can you grab my hoodie for me, or does control only extend to building stuff and placing stuff?
LF: If so, hop to it. It's the purple one. Also, please.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Eline4 Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:26 pm

Ink Well didn't mind the wait, honestly. All of this was incredibly interested and he wanted to find out as much as possible. Luckily, it seemed that LF did too.

CA: You don't have to worry, all of this is amazing, and not being a not-unicorn, and by that I mean I am a unicorn honestly that isn't offensive, at least it isn't to me, and I would agree that it makes more sense that channeling long-distance magic through something that could sort of amplify and focus it if that makes sense, it's not very presumptuous it's more logical and reasonable.
CA: Once I've learned enough about that and the learning buzz has calmed down I'll probably be panicking a little at the implications of what somepony could do with this kind of power, but if you think about how much it could help the world it's almost amazing, really, I mean think of how fast buildings could be built or buildings could be repaired or other things like that, focus on the positive and such!
CA: And yes, that sounds like a rather good suggestion, but we probably should deploy these items that everyone else have mentioned, since it seems that logically they have something to do with the game, but that can be experiment 3 in the line of the what-to-do order.
CA: Oh, and hello!

Ink Well waves a hoof to the screen, before realizing that yes, that is extremely silly when no one can see him, and resumes his typing. The fact that he did that will never be mentioned, ever.

CA: Personally I think you look fine, but I'll try looking around and then I'll grab your hoodie, though it doesn't make sense if we can't see anything besides the client's one room, does it?
CA: Anyways, um, one minute I suppose.

Ink Well tries to move the screen around to look for the purple hoodie, and when he sees it, he'll select the 'Select' button, assuming that's the most likely one to work for what they're attempting, and try to pick it up.

Eline4
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum