Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2)

+4
sunbeam
Fury of the Tempest
Crystalite
ZamuelNow
8 posters

Page 13 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2) - Page 13 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2)

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:56 pm

As Nightshade gazed into the mirror, she was able to notice that several in the temple were connected to each other. Somepony darted out of the mirror's gaze and they seemed to be moving fast.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2) - Page 13 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2)

Post  Sobana Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:20 am

"Well, isn't that interesting. I found out these are diffidently mirrors. I have seen many mirrors in my day and am confident these too are mirrors as well. But mirrors for what purpose I can't say... until I have a closer look."

Nightshade's horn lights up.

"Come to me my pretties~"

She attempts to cast a spell that will redirect the levitation magic of the mirrors making them rotate around herself in a slow orbit.

Reweave:
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:21 am

Gearick shook his head as he followed after Ruby, not too surprised to find even more numbers on the walls and such. Turning to the guard and to Ruby, he said bluntly. “My suggestion is that we leave and do as much research as we can before trying to explore this place. We need to solve the equations to have a chance of understanding this place and to reach the wand.”
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:29 am

ZamuelNow wrote:Upon Hector's gaze around the room, he spotted a set of stairs in the near corner and a hole in the center of the ceiling.  There were no windows but mirrors were reflecting the light that creeped in through the ceiling.

After a few moments, the hippogriff's eyes ame to rest on the stairway. He checked over his shoulder; Nightshade was doing unicorn things to the mirrors. Anchors and Grease seemed unoccupied. He shrugged; Anchors probably wasn't going to get up to too much, and if Grease wanted to cause trouble then what was Hector going to do? He turned back, carefully creeping up the stairs...

Checks:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:44 pm

Grease had been momentarily distracted by the sheer amount of light redirection in the room (It was a very efficient use of sunlight), but he notices Hector being sneaky and pads over, quietly. He taps Hector on the side to alert him to his presence and peers through his legs...

OOC:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:45 pm

"EUREKA! I think I've got it! Lets not get ahead of ourselves old boy, humor me for a moment first."

She exclaims as she suddenly jumps up and gallops down the hallway.

"The equations translate into words, I believe. Each solution matching up to a letter! So 13,1,25,2,5 translates into 'maybe'. I need a few more examples to confirm but I believe the correct passage is marked by these messages. A sort of 'odd duck out' as it were. If we choose the wrong answer the room sends us back to the starting point and we must start the puzzle from the beginning. Or... ruin as the case may be."
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:16 pm

"Each number is a letter?" Gearick said, cocking his head and thinking this though. "Well, I got 13,1,25,2,5 for each side tunnel. But the middle one was 14, 15. That would... translate to No. So that means we probably need to avoid that tunnel and try out the third tunnel."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:01 pm

Hector saw that things were all clear as he moved with a stealthy, feathered grace.  Unfortunately, his dragon companion wasn't quite as insightful.  Missing the loose brick on the step, Grease tripped and fell as the brick audibly shattered on the floor.

Through the circling mirrors, Nightshade could see the figure from earlier swiftly duck into the fifth floor's stairwell. The third floor seemed to have two sets of stairs on the opposite ends of the room from each other.

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:27 pm

Grease quickly scurries closer to Hector, all pretense of stealth dropped. "Did I piss anything off?" He asks, whispering furtively.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:41 pm

"You might piss me off that way," Hector snarked. "I don't think anybody else noticed, though," he said, pulling the dragon onto his back as he hovered lazily down the hallway...

Checks:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:36 am

"Hey guys, I got a visual on this whole place. There is some movement on the fifth floor but I can't tell what it is. It went into the stairway and might or might not be coming this way because of Grease's improv rock band performance. I'll keep you informed if I see anything happening. Besides that it looks like clear shot to the top by way of stairs. That is if the top was were we were planning to go."

Nightshade carefully follows behind Hector up the stairs periodically glancing in the mirrors as she walks.
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:03 am

"We're here for Braynor, so we go towards the movement. The 5th floor stairwell, you said?" Grease replies, grinning just a little at the Rock Band quip. "Lead on, oh stealthful one." He whispers to Hector, still riding on his back. A spark passes between his eyebrows, and he turns back towards Nightshade. "You can't see in the stairwells?" Do they get any bigger than this one?" Keeping his ears. pricked, he reaches into his gearbox and starts fiddling around.

OOC:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:52 pm

"Shh."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:18 am

"Nope. I can't see a thing in the stairwells. I guess the ponies who made this didn't have the foresight to think someone might take the stairs. What's quarrying my crystal is that I don't see anypony on any of the floors. Not a guard, minion or even an underling in sight. Unless this guy has a small army stashed away in the stairwell then it looks like he is by himself. This smells more fishy then Anchors. This might be... a trap."

Nightshade squints her eyes on the mirrors with intense focus to see if she can spot anything out of place in any of the floors that might be signs of a trap or ambush.

Perception Roll:
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:33 pm

Spoiler:

Through the mirrors, Nightshade spots a blue unicorn mare with a black mane exiting the stairwell onto the third floor.  Rather than continue down, which would cause the mare to come into contact with the STOMP team, she darted across the room towards the stairwell on the opposite side of the room.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:23 am

"I got movement! I see a dark mare on the floor above us. I think she knows we are here because she is taking a path to avoid us. That or she is looking for the bathroom. She might be coming out on the other side of the room on the next floor. You might want to get ready for that."

Nightshade slows down her pace as she focuses more on the imagine in the mirrors.
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:26 am

"There's one route through this tower, right? If she's running from us, then she's headed topside. Where is she planning to go from there?" Grease thinks aloud, still atop Hector's back.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:38 pm

"My guess is she's just bolting. If she can teleport, she's gotta get outside first. I'm a terrible runner on land so you guys go on without me."

"I guess we need to check one of those side tunnels to see if your theory is correct."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:03 pm

"Right!"

She says with a confident smile as they enter the room again. Looking between the rest of her companions as she walks up to the third passage entrance. Nodding at the others to get ready she takes a few steps into the hallway and stops inside to see if the ruins react at all, looking around for any signs of a trap or mathmagical reaction before continuing cautiously.

roll:
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:20 pm

OOC:

When Ruby Blossom stepped into the corridor...nothing happened. Walking to the next intersection she could see 14 15 for the tunnel in front and 13 1 25 2 5 for the tunnels on either side.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:23 am

"Aha, I knew it! She is going to the bathroom. That could only mean she knows where it is. If we follow her she might lead us there. C'mon."

Signals with her hoof for Hector to move faster.
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:18 am

Hector's keen ears and attentive eyes got the message: and he immediately decided to abandon silence in favor of speed. "Hang on to your teeth!" he told the baby dragon on his back, zipping towards their intended destination...

Checks:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:34 am

Racing up the stairs and out into the room, Hector spotted the mare and recognized her.  She was the same one who had set Skale free and Grease recognized her as the same mare from the Temple of the Ninth Life.  She paused briefly upon seeing them then ducked down into the opposite stairwell.

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:44 am

"If you can close the distance I can get her." Grease hisses in Hector's ear, clutching a small metal ball in one hand.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:03 pm

The hippogriff didn't hesitate. He didn't even pause long enough to register Grease's statement. He simply pushed all the harder towards the opposite stairwell, pushing off the ceiling to follow her down...

Athletics:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next