Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2

+4
Dr Blight
Sobana
sunbeam
ZamuelNow
8 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2 - Page 11 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2

Post  Sobana Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:59 am

Is... Zam coming back any time soon? =\
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2 - Page 11 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2

Post  Dr Blight Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:49 pm

Sobana wrote:Is... Zam coming back any time soon? =\
He's not gone, he posted in Horsetron just yesterday, something seems to be keeping him busy in real life.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:13 am

I think it might be his other campaign. It posts on it about 2 to 3 times a day. I have no idea how he can keep up with all of this.
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:03 am

Alright, the only reason Grease is this calm is because he made a deliberate decision to stall until Gearick can do something Tilde. So Fury needs to get in here and work some magic.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:37 pm

Waiting for Fury is a lot of why I've been stalling.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:12 pm

I'm mostly waiting on those confronting Tilde to do some sort of skill check of some sort. Incredibly surprised that everyone's being so passive about it to the point that I've had to not be as aggressively lethal as Tilde is supposed to be.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:40 am

I wasn't aware we were allowed to. The only other time I have to reference about Tilde skill checks weren't allowed at all.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:41 am

Huh? I can't remember there being direct restrictions, especially if you're doing a basic check for info. The basic sensory and movement warping makes a number of other things difficult when it comes to an assault. Besides, this is dragging. I figured someone would have at least asked for more info OOC.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:45 am

Hector has no plans to do anything but hold Dusty. And possibly run away if this hits the crapper.

If you want stuff done though, Crystalite has some possible insight on the puzzle if you don't mind my sharing it with the group.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:40 pm

I would usually mind but Gearick has telepathy so it is possible to share the info IC. Go ahead and explain your insight.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:08 pm

Okay. I believe you're supposed to take one letter from each row, and arrange them in order from top to bottom (So top row os first letter, second row is second letter, etc.) to form a word. We should be able to use a process of elmination to figure out which letters we want by eliminating the ones that can't spell anything.

I, however, will not be posting my answer here. Oh, I might shoot Zamuel a PM, but this is clearly Ruby's moment to shine, and I am of the opinion that Ruby/Dr Blight should do it. And Hector wouldn't know any of that anyways (Or so I think.)
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:30 pm

I'd argue that it's practically anyone's chance to shine since there's more than one way to handle this but I'll say that you're very much on the right track for figuring out the solution.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:12 am

ZamuelNow wrote:With the swirling winds, the machine's turbines started to spin and the generator gave off a dull purple glow.  After exiting, Dusty closed the hatch.  Pulling the cover off of the ventilation shaft, she immediately climbed in. "Come on.  We need to get the other generator going and I know a shortcut." After a sizable bit of travel, she drops down into a room with an eerie light.  The type of sickening abnormality that causes your skin to see things and your eyes to taste spicy.  Dusty started to slowly melt into the floor as blue letters appeared in the air. "GASP! Oh no, it's...  ...calamitous word of command... ...figure out how to..."

RRDWRKSE
EUEOURDL
WOINOARI
OYNHDOV
PFEFWODO

OOC:

That's where I got it in my head I wasn't allowed to make any rolls when Tilde was involved. If that isn't the case, can I retroactively add a perception check to my last one before posting? Since there would've been one otherwise.

For the record I wouldn't count on Ruby just solving this one, as she herself has no IC knowledge of Tilde at all. Her previous action is pretty much just to try and actually learn something about it.

for the record her reasoning behind what she did.

1) find out if whatever is happening is conscious enough to notice her if she asks for its attention.
2) see if it's hostile and how or willing to communicate
3) determine if its responses make it at all visible.
4) determine if it has key responses to certain word types.
*For safety's sake, in this case she used a word that can be made from the letters in its little blurb. RESPOND being the one in this case.

There's actually quite a few words hidden in its little block of text. Including Power,Off , Warn, Lord, and I Love.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:37 am

Dr Blight wrote:That's where I got it in my head I wasn't allowed to make any rolls when Tilde was involved. If that isn't the case, can I retroactively add a perception check to my last one before posting? Since there would've been one otherwise.

Things have changed since then but that wasn't noted in that post so that's wholly my fault on the "no rolls" confusion. As of the moment, Hector has more info on what Tilde is, there's more characters that are overt spellcasters, and not allowing rolls at all sorta turned into a snag for the campaign.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:18 pm

We've got a problem in the vein of "just" roll for it. Basically, I remember the rubric but didn't write down the original phrase after decoding it. In attempting, to use it to come up with a coherent answer, I didn't come up with a proper solution. Thus, I'm going to explain how it's supposed to work and then allow any Arcana rolls from there.

It's a word scramble with a pattern. There are no replaced letters since that would make it impossible to figure out. All of the words are the same length barring two of half that length that were fused together and I believe one that's one letter shorter. Once again, something that can throw players off but theoretically plays fair since there's a set pattern. From there, it's supposed to be taking the last letter from each word on one line, then the second to last, and so on until the jumble is complete. This is a more deliberate version of one I used in another campaign. The catch is that in the other campaign, it was fewer words and the words were of uneven length so it was much more obvious. With me not being able to properly decode it, I'm mostly just going to move on to a battle. That was originally going to be my second phase if someone made a high (but non crit) Arcana or Knowledge roll as opposed to decoding it.

I'll try to have a post up later.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:34 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIX_yZAkblI

Say, with Gearick here, Hector's vulnerability build is actually threatening!
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:26 pm

Fury, you forgot Gearick's initiative.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2 - Page 11 Empty Initiative roll

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:07 pm

I'll sorta override that to speed things up.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2 - Page 11 Empty Initiative roll

Post  GafferBot Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:07 pm

The member 'ZamuelNow' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 11
GafferBot
GafferBot
The game is out to get you, not me

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:26 am

I'm still unconscious and wandering in a dream land. You can wake me at any time...
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:12 am

For those engaged in battle, this campaign was increased to 50 HP a while back. I should be updating those in and out of battle shortly.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:16 am

Also, Crystalite, for future reference, since you usually only use Shatter Armor once per fight, save it until Fury has a proper minion army up next time.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:24 am

Usually I pull it on Turn 2 (After I've built up Berserker's Rage and all that) but Dazed really screws that plan over.

Although, it does occur to me that I actually have no idea how Gearick's build works. Hmmm.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:07 pm

Don't forget Tilde still has vulnerability.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:03 pm

I think we are diving into how Nightshade realizations things. XD
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next