Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silent Fractures

5 posters

Page 12 of 27 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 27  Next

Go down

Silent Fractures - Page 12 Empty Re: Silent Fractures

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:33 pm

Heart looks back at the Minotaur, surprised. "I thought you were going to breakfast." She accuses in a loud whisper. "Now you're following me too? I'm not that interesting!"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:44 pm

"Errr... I just thought you were going to where the Breakfast was." Cold explains. "And honestly, you could try to kill The Reini one time without question... Hell you can use my blade if you with to do it... BUT ONLY ONCE will I allow such a teamkill... Because the Reini I believe has some extra lives..."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:07 am

"I'm not act- I don't- What do you mean ex-" The incomprehensibility of what Iron just said overwhelms Heart, so she just deadpans, pointing at the stairs. "Breakfast is back that way, the other direction." She gives Reini another cool glare and then heads to the entrance of the tent.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:13 am

"...hey... You sure you don't want to kill that person The Reini, was yesterday? You seem the type to honestly want too... All I'm sure of is that version of her personality will be dead when she wakes if she is killed while she sleeps. Might even make her nicer I'd bet." Cold Iron offers feeling quite neutral on the topic."Odds are high she'll die regardless on the Mission... Might as well have her first death be one to REMIND her why teamwork is needed."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:20 am

Heart just gapes at Iron in shock and horror. "I don't want to kill anyone!" She runs past him, cautious not to get too close to him. She doesn't even realize that she's gone the opposite way she wanted, until she's standing at the door to the kitchen again. Her eyes find the floor again, and she marches back to the table and sits down.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:18 am

"Grrr...." Cold just starts to think about one of his fallen comrades... The only one of them he doesn't regret them being dead. The traitor... That pony was an earth pony and an argent one at that. The more Cold Iron thought of that former ally, the more that dead ally reminded him of The Reini as she was right now... So the Minotaur kicked the timepony hard. "GET UP, WE NEED TO TALK!"
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:31 am

Wormwood notes Bleeding Heart's return to the table but doesn't say anything. He briefly ponders telling her that he should eat, because she needs to be well-fed for the day ahead, but he already thinks he knows the response to that statement - "What are you, my mother?" So he stays silent, for now.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:34 am

"Here you go." Gachilie dumped two piles in front if Celestia and Wormwood.
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:08 pm

"Thank you." Wormwood happily digs into the pancakes, pausing for a moment to say, "'S'good." A few bites and one finished pancake later, he turned to Bleeding Heart and said, "You sure you don't want any?"
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:44 pm

"Thank you Meg, and please hold the special syrup."
Luna leveraged her plate "More please."
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:50 pm

"I'm sure. I can't- I'm just not hungry." Hearts stomach growls a bit at the pancakes on the table. She puts her head down and tries to forget about them.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:36 pm

"I see..." Wormwood is silent for a moment before he resumes eating. He wonders if she'll regret this down the line, but he doesn't want to force her to eat.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:04 pm

After a moment, Heart lifts her face so that her chins now resting on the table. She glances around, and when she's certain no one is really paying attention to her, she slides down in her seat, until she's barely visible above the table. Then she pulls her poetry book out and flips it open to the first clean page. Grabbing her pen, she begins writing. Every few words, she glances up at Wormwood.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:04 pm

The Reini hadn't slept all night; but when day broke, she finally collapsed into a dreamless sleep. Calm, quiet, peaceful...

Until a fire ran through her gut, and she was dragged back to consciousness after her breath, her hooves instinctively curling to her stomach, her head snapping around. Who had-
Her gaze settled on the Minotaur, and darkened.

"And what was that for?" she a asked trying to keep her voice even.

((For the record, I support any action that puts my costly extra lives to work.))
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:11 pm

"Your extra lives trick... That changes who you are, and whatnot each time, right? Do you have any control over what your next life's personality is? Could you become the leader I feel we need? If I killed you right now...that is..." The Ninjataur asked as he draws his sword.

(OOC: not a 100% sure that this will lead to the death of Reini, but if nothing else should implant the viewpoint of what Cold Iron feels that The Reini needs to find in herself in this life or the next life of hers.)
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:20 pm

"... It depends. Some Timeponies have greater control over their regenerations than others. My... next life will still be me, but with the balance of who I am changed. But that balance is influenced by things like our state if mind when it happens. I could effect broad change... I would recommend putting the sword down, Iron."
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:22 pm

Wormwood finishes his pancakes and looks over to Bleeding Heart - then looks down slightly to where she had shifted position to be barely visible. His gaze meets hers.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:33 pm

TheCavalry wrote:"... It depends. Some Timeponies have greater control over their regenerations than others. My... next life will still be me, but with the balance of who I am changed. But that balance is influenced by things like our state if mind when it happens. I could effect broad change... I would recommend putting the sword down, Iron."
"Sure... Sure... But recall... The you that you are is a horrible leader for this mission, nopony will be willing to be a teammate of yours other then myself to a minor degree. Because of that, you are already marked for death... You WILL die in this mission I'm 100% sure of it, and if you used that smart brain of yours, you'd realize that too. You can't really lead, you'd only lead the rest of us to our deaths, then you'd die alone, again & again & again, till you run out of extra lives..." Cold Iron notes pointing the weapon at the pony now. "Bleeding is our team's medic, and already doesn't care if you live or die... She was the one who suggested it. Wormwood is the team's heart, and while I don't know sure, but I'd bet even he doesn't give a shit about you. Then there is myself, and I only like you for the usefulness you could be... Which in my opinion isn't enough to let you keep on living... You can choose to die now, become a version of yourself who we can trust, a pony who would lead that cares about the lifelyhood of their minions, and a pony who'd be willing to die, BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T HAVE THAT WILL TO DIE FOR US, one of us will die... And without one of us, we're doomed to fail. Only you are the pony who can die more then once... So yeah... Do you wish to really see how you do and fail, or do you wish to be wise and smart and allow me to kill you, or you kill yourself with one of my tools... To become a new pony who I can proudly lead under as their second in command... The team NEEDS you different, then the pony you are now."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:46 pm

Heart stops to stare, with a light blush at Wormwood. Like he knew. She glances at the other inhabitants of the kitchen again, and then winks at him. Then she puts her book away, slides off the chair, and exits again, glancing back at him as she goes.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:46 pm

The orange-coated pony was silent for a long, long time after a Iron stopped speaking.

"Self-preservation is a powerful motivator, Minotaur. You just admitted it yourself; you don't want to die. Neither do I; more specifically, I don't want this me to die. You think just because I have nine lives remaining that I view them as expendable? When I die- when this me dies- it's still dying. It's not just a physical change. It's not even a personality. It's like someone, walking into your home and rearranging everything. It's like having everything you are taken from you. When I die, the next me comes in, and keeps on going, and it's still me, but it isn't. It might as well be a different pony, and I will not cut my life short for anypony else's. So if you feel so strongly about it, Cold Iron, do it yourself. Otherwise, keep your opinions to yourself from now on, because we are done."
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:52 pm

"Ten words..." Cold states in a tone befitting his name. "You got ten more words to state, something, anything... That'd make you a good leader of this squad of four... You'll pass and fail depending on if the 10 words make me kill you or let you keep on living... And I'll keep demanding this of you... For each of your remaining magical 9 lives... Hopefully one of them will be pass this test."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:58 pm

"I told you. We're finished. Get out of my way."
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:00 pm

Wormwood smiles a little at the wink and gets off his chair. He bows to the royalty present before saying, "The breakfast was excellent. Please excuse me, if you need us just call." And with that he trots out of the room after Bleeding Heart.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:01 pm

"Zero..." Was the word Cold said as he swung his blade to cut off the Reini's head. "BECOME ONE!"

((OOC: Cold Iron is trying to make the killing blow, but out of respect, not saying that it was a killing blow. Unless Cav wants and allows it to be...))
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:17 pm

The Reini started to say something, words that were cut off... literally. It must have been providence, since even a Timeponies chance of surviving a decapitation seemed dubious; the sword just sawed into and became stuck.

For a long moment, the mare stared in a silence broken only by her own, rattling breaths, rough and unsteady things which brought up more blood than they sucked down air. Her eyes almost glazed, as if staring at something beyond the room...

Then, she pulled herself off the sword, and coughed. A golden light streamed from her lips as she did, a similar mist emerging from the wound in her neck and -impossibly- closing it. The Reini's eyes seemed to regain some measured of awareness, fixing themselves on Iron.

"Ignorant...cow. Do you know...what you've done?!"
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 27 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 27  Next