Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silent Fractures (ooc) (pbp) (Full)

+3
A1C Bronymous
Dusk Raven
Loud Taffy
7 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Silent Fractures (ooc) (pbp) (Full)  Empty Silent Fractures (ooc) (pbp) (Full)

Post  Loud Taffy Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:55 pm

Attention! The princes Celestia is currently seeking volunteers for a dangerous expedition into unknown territory. If you would like to join this venture please send a letter containing your personal information, skills and background to Canterlot castle.
The story so far:
Story so far pt.2:

Using my spliced system.

Ooc:
What I'm looking for in a character:

PM me questions or concerns regarding individual characters, or really specific questions.

Spliced System:

Bronymous-Bleeding Heart
Xel Unknown-Cold Iron
Dusk Raven-Wormwood
TheCavalry-The Reini
72-NPC

References:

Last edited by Loud Taffy on Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:11 pm; edited 31 times in total
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Silent Fractures (ooc) (pbp) (Full)  Empty Re: Silent Fractures (ooc) (pbp) (Full)

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:32 pm

Color me intrigued.

Alas, I don't have a character on hand, unless I re-use an existing character... I know one who'd be perfect...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Silent Fractures (ooc) (pbp) (Full)  Empty Re: Silent Fractures (ooc) (pbp) (Full)

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:18 am

Oh hey, is this the Silent Hill game? I'll look at it tomorrow.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:15 pm

I'd like to but my hat into the ring... If this really is a horror campaign. And if Loud can PULL THAT OFF... This might be worthwhile to see how it works. So then... What system we're making characters with here? I assume Abilities system? Also what type of characters we goin' to wanta build for? Hopeful helpers or people trying to be THE BEST OF THE BEST! Personally hoping the build mindset is more of the "helpful hopefuls" type of deal wanted then the "best of the best" type of thing... What horrors and craziness should we be forewarned of you doing? I mean last game I tried to join that had a horror theme... GM COULDN'T DO HORROR, so it was dropped. Odds are likely I'll build something... Any banned races just to be aware of? Mmm... Some part of me is thinking of trying to rebuild my old MAGIC MINOTAUR idea from long ago.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:00 pm

This is not a best of the best situation. It's more of a attention all citizens thing. It's limited to the species of equestria only.
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:23 pm

Is there any setting information we might need to know about ahead of time, or is it a "normal everyday ponies" deal, and exposition will be handle in game?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:58 pm

Looking for character that aren't headstrong and won't deliberately dive head first into situations. Other than that go crazy. The game won't start till all the character slots are full so go ahead and make new ones if you want or reuse one. The setting doesn't demand anything specific.
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:16 am

Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:40 am

Those are all very interesting abilities, but I am new at GMing and I beleave they will make what I have planned too complicated. Having to maintain a new set of abilities I haven't memorized yet and all.
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:04 am

Fair enough.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:59 pm

Okay, I've got a character sheet under construction. Unfortunately, the Abilities file isn't working right for me at the moment, so I'll have to finish filling out the abilities later. For now, I present to you Wandering Eye, and leave it to you whether he fits or not. He's basically a Lovecraftian scholar. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YH3TpSAjgDDzPQqxF5XEOrF3kg4N05I8JgqmAUZ_Br0/edit
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:17 pm

Frak it.

I have an idea which won't go away, so might as well make use if him. Reserving a spot for Earl Grey.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:07 pm

Is this a first-come-first-serve, or will it be based on the characters submitted? Also, can I do the same kind of self-insert that you did in my Laughter game? (I already have a pony image for that, so that makes things easier for me)
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:26 pm

It's based on the characters submitted. Feel free to do a self insert
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:36 pm

self-insert pony sheet literally nothing but name and image at this moment, but will be worked on quickly to include skills and abilities and such
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:05 am

...I think I will also try a self-insert. Perhaps against my better judgement.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:00 am

non-combat half done, Element of Laughter taken.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:03 am

I am allowing element flavoring
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:52 am

Self-inserts? I can do that.

Oh yeah, to the other players of the group, due to reasons I don't entirely comprehend, I won't be able to use Wandering Eye for this. I may, however, use another character I have who's just sitting around...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:09 pm

Hmm.

So...my tea-based nobility doesn't fit here, so I'll save him for another day.

Since everyone else is going for self-inserts, I suppose I should continue that scheme, beyond the fact I have no real skills lol.

Alternatively...well, is there any particular roles you guys might want filled? Right now, I'm trying to try as many different character types a I can to find a role that fits, so... I don't mind...
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:14 pm

I would say that a self insert is the best way to go here. Just pretend that you a denizen of Equestria and you have no prior knowledge of the Silent Hill universe.

Update on character requirement at top of thread.
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:18 pm

If everyone is doing self-inserts... I'm sorry but I'm going to not be joining this. I'm sure you'll all build really nice characters. Just I don't like being the odd guy out not playing a type of self-insert if everyone else is doin that. And the closest to a self-insert I have, I'm not so sure I wanna play in this game. She'd not fit in at all... No matter where this game goes. Maddie doesn't gell with horror at all... She'd just laugh at it and be a major nightmare retardant to everything or at best... She'd play a victim of being taking over by the evils, becoming a horror herself... Only those two options are really playable for my self-insert-ish character... and don't wanna really build another. (did once in another game that the GM had no real idea what he was doing, so that's kinda tinted my view of making more self-inserts to play with as a bad idea)
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:21 pm

Hmm.

Sell I have to admit, I'm not hugely enthusiastic on having a self insert myself... Would you be interested in having a 'normal' Equestrian alongside myself? Fifty-fifty split of selfies and regular characters doesn't sound too bad to me.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:28 pm

Yeah... I'd be fine playing with two self-inserts and two "normal equestrians"... Though my characters never are NORMAL.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:29 pm

Well then...if Taffy agrees, want to take this conversation to PMs to spitball some ideas? Assuming you don't have one in mind already, of course.

EDIT I mean ideas for two characters contrasted two self-inserts.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum