Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crystal Symphony

+4
mjh6
Doc pseudopolis
Senshuken
GreyVestibule
8 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Crystal Symphony - Page 3 Empty Re: Crystal Symphony

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:36 pm

"Uh... yeah, well. Like I said, I'm sort of a dancer. Most of my moves come from a choreographer, its not... you know, like real dancing, expression or whatever." Door Kicker looks away and rubs the back of his neck. "I mean, I could show you some stuff, but its not technically mine, you know?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyVestibule Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:55 pm

Oasis smiled with mild amusement at Door Kicker's response.

“I understand, but I still feel it would help. I myself have learned many techniques from my teacher, and others. I owe my talent and capability to choreography just as much as improvisation. The way I see it, it's like, eh,” Oasis brought her hoof to her mouth for a moment as she pondered an appropriate analogy, before looking back at Door Kicker with a  bright expression, “Like how somepony may use paint. A sign painter may use it in a way that is, eh, utilitarian, but an artist could still eye and use the sign-painter's technique for his art.”

Roll:

Last edited by GreyVestibule on Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
GreyVestibule
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:05 pm

"-Eeeeeeeeeeeee-" Blitz continued to eeee' at Cadence's shiny, sparkly metal outfit until she ran out of breath, ending in a gasp that quieted her long enough to hear the question:

TheCavalry wrote:"A song," Cadence finally said, looking at Ironherde with a broad, almost childish grin. "I'll have to think about it. How about you perform it tonight at the opening ceremony?"

"What song?" she asked, jumping off the cloud and running up closer. "What song!? Tell me tell me tell me please!"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:21 am

"Well, I am a fan of Sapphire Shores..." Cadence mused. She looked up, as if considering the question, before a guard- still managing to look intimidating now that his Armor had been transformed into a suit and shades- coughed.

"Oh, yes. I'm sorry to cut this short," the crystal-rocker said, turning to Blitz and her crew and bowing. "It's been an honor meeting you, but I have a previous engagement scheduled with my aunt... which means now I'll have to explain to aunty Luna why I'm wearing this. Still: would you be able to return to the palace this evening, around seven? I'd like to go over the details of the ceremony, and introduce you to your fellow artists before it begins."

As Oasis speaks, she can feel a slight ripple of magic running down the train; probably the after-effect of the light from the crystal empire, like the wave after a sonic boom. Either way, it's faint, and doesn't seem to leave any impact. The other passengers in the car don't seem to notice, either, continuing chatting amiably amongst themselves.

Show's eyes shrank to pinpricks at Silvers words, and she glanced from one face to another. A second later, the sound of hooves clattering against the floor filled the hall, as the earth pony actress turned on her heels and ran.

The second she did, the laughter which had been been barely supressed... well, wasn't.

"That is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen," Rising snorted between peals, bowing over so that her horn nearly touched the table. She had gotten off better than Show did; a red lock appeared in her mane, while socks appeared on her legs... though odd,y cut so they didn't cover her hooves.

"I don't care if the guard break in and arrest me for magic," she added. "That was worth i-"
An ear piercing shriek sounded from Show Stoppers room.
"...Now it was worth it," she corrected, grinning ear to ear.

(Small world building detail: as I said in the campaign advert, the crystal ponies are kind of crazy about changeling infiltrators. They are also a little paranoid when it comes to unicorns- sort of the result of a millennia under the domination of one as his crystal slaves. It's probably not coincidence that Rising was chosen to play the villain in the Musical)

TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:37 am

Blitz Load's ears drooped at the notion. "But we just got here..."

((Seven, you say? What time is it now?))
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:24 pm

Unlike his peer and the various support crew members were enjoying the moment, whatever joy that Silver had taken from the sudden humiliation of Show Stopper had very quickly vanished as the dreaded empathy started to kick in. Just because Show Stopper had been almost a complete and utterly self centered bitch since he had met her didn't mean that he couldn't feel bad for her due to suddenly finding herself in such a situation.

Letting out a somewhat resigned sigh, Silver rose from his seat before tipping his hat to Raising Star. "If you will excuse me I'm going to go and run damage control. We do have a play that we're meant to be rehearsing after all. Try to enjoy the rest of your break. " His mind set on his current course of action, Silver started to follow the path that the now somewhat disgraced Show Stopper had taken towards her dressing room. It wouldn't be that hard to find; Even if he didn't already know where it was, all one would have to do is follow the shrieking and you would find it sooner or later.

Once he arrived at Show Stoppers door, Silver would take a moment to center himself and take a deep breath before knocking. "Show Stopper? It's me Silver. You mind if I come in?"
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:36 pm

"Uh... yeah, sure, if you say so." Door Kicker shrugs, continuing on. "I mean, sure, I'd be glad to, I just... sure."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:47 pm

((Got some permissions from the GM to make things happen.))

Blitz felt her ears droop as the Metal-Princess turned and left. She did have things to do, sure. Blitz understood that.

But we just got here! she insisted to herself. She looked at the Organ behind her: already the crew was working on putting it up again.

...Well. They could go home if they wanted. Blitz was having none of it. She started walking, quietly, casually, off to the side, around the guards, away from the crew disassembling her beautiful creation. If she was going to sneak off, then it wouldn't do to just march through the front door...

Stealth:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:40 pm

Spoiler:
Roll:
Bonham caught a glimpse of Blitz sneaking off as part of the Organ was being lifted down, prompting him to lift his radio to his mouth to contact the rest of the crew.
"Blitz wandering off. Since I'm shadowing her for today I'll follow her, try to limit how much trouble she causes."
then he padded off after the foal, trying to keep her from noticing him.
Roll:
As he padded off a thought struck him, prompting to set his radio to Lark's Channel.
"Say, you know anyone who is good with magic like this? Think this could lead to some really great merch."

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyVestibule Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:19 pm

Oasis' smile grew meek under Door's tone, though she tried to remain positive.

"Ah, that would be nice then, I mean, I would wish you to find some employment, just all the same, well, I suppose you understand my intent."

Oasis nervously rubbed the the side of her neck with a hoof.

"I'm... terribly sorry for prodding more... But is what your acquaintance said true? Would there be no lodging available? I thought this would be a big event, but I didn't anticipate..." Oasis' voice trailed off as she started to think back on wondering if she had jumped the gun or not with this trip, her gaze going to the ground.
GreyVestibule
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:01 am

Door Kicker cocks an eyebrow at her change of tone, not really catching that it follows his own. "Well, hmm... I know that we got booked rooms ahead of time, being slated performers. I kind of doubt that ALL lodging EVERYWHERE would be booked up, but I suppose with a big deal like this, its possible." He thinks about it for a second, then gives a sheepish smirk. "I'd say that, worst comes to worst, you could come share a room with us, but given a particular somepony you'd be rooming with, I can see how 'out on the street' sounds more comfortable." He shrugs. "But... yeah, if need be, its an option."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:17 am

((Not gonna bother noticing. I swear, I was already planning this next bit.))

Blitz glanced around to see that nobody else was close enough to stop her. She looked up at the castle. The proper way to sneak in was through a window; of course, which window was the question. She didn't know too much about it, but she knew that the more important rooms were in higher floors (Judging by phrases like "higher-ups", "your highness", and "from upstairs"). Therefore, the higher windows were more likely to be interesting.

At that moment, a slight pressure on her skull reminded her that she hadn't had any sugar or caffeine since forever (Actually since morning), which made the kitchen a vital first stop. That one would be on the ground floor (Because, while very important, kitchens were more convenient if you didn't have to climb a tower to get there). She scanned the walls for a suitable window, and picked one that was somewhere between first and second floor; probably a room with a high ceiling, she decided. Even better, it did not appear to have stained glass in the way like some of the other windows. She started up her wings and took to the air, making her way over to the window in question.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyVestibule Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:35 pm

Oasis perked up, her eyes like lights.

“Ah, that is good, that is very good! I hope I can find a place for myself to stay, but if I cannot I would not turn down such an offer of hospitality, and I'm certain I would find some way to repay the favor. You are a kind pony, Mr. Door Kicker,” Oasis finished off her excited response with a bow to the stoic earth pony.
GreyVestibule
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:48 pm

Bonham had a conundrum on his hooves. If he let Blitz get into the castle trouble would inevitably follow but if he tried to warn her off she would probably go in anyway and if he tried to follow and got caught by a guard while trying to follow her...he didn't want to think what would happen. He decided not to risk getting into trouble with the guards and circled off to look for a rear door, a castle this size had to have a servant entrance.
Roll:

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:43 pm

Lark
The crowd bowed as Cadence darted, and upon seeing the Lightning Organ being disassembled, quickly did the same. On the plus side, taking the machine apart without hangers-by was a bit of a blessing; on the other hoof, it meant that, aside from the few curious on-lookers, the only ponies left accompanying the band were those guarding the crystal heart, who seemed much less impressed with their new looks now that the crystal-princess was out of ear-shot.

Still, meeting Cadence. That was something to be proud of.

Mist Storm- Blitz' father- led the crew in dismantling the instrument, while her mother- High Strung- supervised.

Blitz

Not a kitchen. That was the first, and most obvious, thing. Most of the palace was carved from crystal, so the windows which didn't have stain glass were open to the air. The room inside looked similarly carved, with curtains and furniture placed to make the room seem less... "cold". At first, it looked like s library; there were a number of book cases, stretching the ceiling with filled shelves... but then one noticed the fire place on the opposing wall. It was clearly a study of one description or another.

And, aside from the ornamentation, it was currently empty.

Bonham

Finding a servants entrance was a lot harder than it should have been.. but maybe that wasn't surprising. The crystal palace was the heart (metaphorically, and almost literally) of the Crystal Empire; it was as if the city had been built around the palace, or grown around it.

It was imposing, but it had the benefit of being visible anywhere in the city.
Right now that meant it had the downside of being visible anywhere in the city, which meant there were guards on every entrance, and any "back root" or side entrance was more discreet than might be expected.

TLDR; a Perception Roll please.

Oasis, Door

The train rattled along the rails, unheeding of Oasis and Doors "moment". The snow outside began to slow, however, the frozen plains suddenly receding in some places to show an unexpected hill of green, or a small bouquet of flowers somehow thriving against the cold.

"We'll be arriving shortly," a stout voice behind the pair announced to the car. "Equestria Lofomotoves apologises for the delay, and hopes you enjoy your trip to the crystal Empire."

(No, you aren't there yet... But since you guys have been trapped in the train for five pages, I figure it's time for a reprieve. The train will be pulling into the station, probably on my next GM post, so anything you want to get done here, now would be the time.

Silver

"Yes!"

Before Silver had a chance to wonder if that was yes he could enter or yes she minded, the door suddenly opened, something grabbed him around the barrel, and he was dragged roughly into the room. The door closed behind him with a click.

It was a large room, which was to be expected; Show wouldn't stoop to take anything less deserving of a star, after all.

Of course, right now, said Star was sitting in front of an equally large mirror, scrubbing at her face in frustration. "It's not coming off," she shrieked, in a voice that sounded more than a little strained. She turned around, looking at Silver for a second, before covering her face.
"What happened," she asked between hooves. "Was it Rsing? What did she do to me?"

"C'mon Show," another voice said. Blue Bell released the telekinesiss around Silver, and hurried towards her friend. "It's not that bad... Well, it's probably temporary at least. She's just try in' to make you look bad because she's jealous."
Show sniffed, nodding, and looking at Silver, as if to affirm her friends words.

(So, I was thinking about the idea of understudies and assistants and such, which is where a Blue Bell has come from.Ordinarilly, I wouldn't bother expanding that train of thought, but given (unlike Show) she hasn't been hinted at before now, I figure some quick backstory is in order- Show met her during a day out at the crystal empire, and "hired" her as an assistant. Considering most of her "assisting" involves hanging out with Show and telling her how great she is, it might not exactly be professional help.)
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:32 pm

As he was pulled into the room and the door was closed behind him, Silver was a little surprised at just how willingly he had been let in. He had honestly been expecting to have to talk Show Stopper into letting him in because she didn't want to be seen. While this was clearly a small blessing in and of itself, it did come at the price of having Blue Bell in the room as well. It wasn't that he disliked the mare or anything, but she was clearly little more then Show Stoppers 'Yes Mare' which might make what he was about to try a little more tricky since he would have to talk both of them around.

Taking a small sigh, Silver decided to counter the idea that Raising was behind the transformation by answering "I very much doubt Raising had anything to do with this, if only because of the scale of it. I don't believe she has the know how or magical ability to outfit everyone in the building at once like this. It's more likely that one of the bands that rocked up decided to try and make up for their lack of talent with a cheap gimmick. The outfits do seem to share a theme after all."

Persuasion roll:

Moving over so that he was standing near Show Stopper to be friendly but far enough away to give her space, Silver offered her an encouraging little smile. "I actually came to see how you were holding up. I was worried about you after hearing you scream." Silver admitted carefully. He was dealing with a wounded ego... one wrong step and it would lash out at him blindly.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:18 am

"Yeah, well..." Door Kicker immediately tried to suppress his imagination as to what that could imply, and was swiftly aided by the announcement. "Alright... so plus side, definitely don't have to deal with Whisper the rest of the train ride. Minus side, that's not as long as I'd hope after all." He smiles at Oasis. "Well, you may as well tag along, if you can stand to. The rest of the guys are pretty cool, we'll be glad to give you a hand with luggage and get you sorted with lodging, if you need it. Otherwise, I'll do my best to keep Whisper out of earshot for you." His tone suggests an invitation, rather than a suggestion.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:31 am

Bonham glanced around another corner as he felt himself getting more worried.
At this rate I'm going to have to climb into that window and hope that no guards see me...Probably should have tried to stop Blitz from going in the first place...
Roll:

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:16 am

Well, foo, she thought to herself. Not the kitchen. Ah well; as Daddy says, progress is progress. She continued into the study, hugging the ceiling as she looked for a door.

Which is not to say she didn't look at the books. She was there, she might as well, she reasoned. She primarily checked the top shelves: she knew that Earth Ponies liked to keep interesting things on the top shelf, in order to keep their foals out of them: a pointless tactic against a Pegasus or a Unicorn. She reasoned that Crystal Ponies weren't all that different from Earth Ponies in regards to the ability to reach, and therefore were probably of the same habit. Therefore, the most interesting books were probably on the top shelf...

Perception:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyVestibule Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:31 pm

Oasis stood back up up to attention as the announcement came and as Door Kicker spoke. She smiled a little brighter at the humor in his observation about the length of the ride left. There was also his invitation, which left her feeling a little lighter on her hooves.

“I am most gracious for this. I don't travel with more than I can carry, so I don't feel the help with luggage will be necessary, but thank you all the same. I look forward to meeting your fellow gentlecolts,” Oasis chuckled a little to herself, “And I'm certain I can try to withstand Whisper for the length of time I need the lodging, hehe.
GreyVestibule
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:47 pm

While the roadies began taking apart the organ, Lark began putting away her equipment. It was a bit of a disappointment she didn't get a chance to use any of them, but she would get a second chance later. Once everything was put away, she checcked back with the rest of the crew, and noticed somethign odd. One of the roadies was absent.

Lark pursed her lips. Technically, it wasn't her job to look after the crew, and it wasn't her business. On the other hoof...

She grabbed her radio"Bonham? Bonham, where are you?"
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:32 pm

"Alright then, sounds good to me." Door Kicker just kind of nods his head in a hesitant bow (sort of), and leans against the wall. "I guess we see what happens next when we arrive."

I don't have much else for now, so...
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:38 pm

Bonham dug his radio out of his pocket and mumbled into it.
"Blitz wandered off towards the castle, I'm following her to make sure she doesn't get into too much trouble."
Not a lie technically, though technically not truth either, he still needed to catch up to Blitz.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:27 pm

Door Kicker, Oasis
Funnily enough, as they re-entered the cabin, Whispers attention wasn't on the pair. Instead, she was talking with another pony, the unicorn who had been occupying the other seat in the cabin. Whispers entourage seemed relieved for the distraction; the Pegasus herself seemed very animated. Finally, as if drawn to him, Whi5per glanced up and saw Door.

"Oh! Door! Come here! There's someone you just have to meet!" She gestured benevolently at the unicorn she had been speaking to; a grey-coated mare who- for whatever reason- was wearing a collar with a bell on it. "This is Jingle. She's a very big fan of ours."
"Yeah!" The unicorn smiled, looking. Steen the two. "I thought Lady Whi5per looked familiar, but for it to actually be her... wow!"

Outside, there was a thin whistle as the train slowly pulled into the station and stopped.

(Sorry; I know I said you'd be getting off the train this post, but there was a minor plot/meta game hiccup with it happening now (which I'll explain when I can. If you're interested). Next post for sure- which is why the train has stopped- but sorry for delaying your visit.)

Lark

The organ was delicate, but the crew had some experience in taking it apart. Pretty soon, there was no instrument...or player, for that matter.
Hmm.
Sounds like a day off.

(You're free! Free from my railroading!

...At least temporarily. As I say, taking apart the organ shouldn't take too long, so that leaves you to do...whatever you want; shopping, sightseeing, what have you. Unless you'd rather hang out with the crew; basically, I'm giving you free rein, at least to kick off stuff. So... Go nuts?)

Blitz
Maybe they were interesting to the pony who worked here, but most of the books didn't look very interesting. Most of them very plain, the only distinguishing feature about them being the small dates printed in gold on the side. From the looks of it, each book took up a few months...until suddenly, instead of the slim journals was a large, hard backed pad, the word "Yearbook" on the spine, the Canterlot shield on the cover... and the letters SA + MaC stencilled inside a heart on the inside cover.

Of course, at the moment that Blitz removed the yearbook from the shelf, there was a sudden click as the handle of one of the two doors leading into room pressed down.

Bonham
It takes a bit of searching, but eventually, Bonham finds the entrance- located close to the crystal heart, funnily enough. On any other occasion, the guards who are watching the vie art would probably be watching the door as well, but fortunately, they seem a little distracted. The crystal heart is a world-famous artefact, of course; on an ordinary day, it gets a lot of attention. At a time like this, with the city packed with visitors, there is a constant line snaking it's way around it.

(Asking for a stealth roll to get past the guards seemed like too much, so feel free to skip it if you decide to take the entrance. It's built, discreetly, into one of the pillars surrounding the heart; the kind of seam which someone who wasn't used to used to covering up flaws in a stage performance might miss. If you do decide to take it, then on the other side of the door you find a series of steps, leading up into a room with some ponies just milling about.)

Silver Tongue
Show looked at Silver, her eyes flickering somewhere between disbelief and acceptance. Finally, she muttered "I suppose." She swallowed, holding back tears. "I mean, you were with her the whole time anyway, so..."

"Well, whatever," Blue interrupted. "Whoever did it should be ashamed for messing with a mare like you. It isn't fair."
She shot a look at Silver, as if challenging him to disagree. Show, on the other hoof, seemed to ignore her, looking at the ground.

"...Thank you for checking on me, Silver. Not many of our co-stars would." She sounded less weepy, at least, even if a tone of bitterness entered her voice instead.

Last edited by TheCavalry on Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:27 pm

The thought process she generally used was a thing that Blitz always found baffling: her logic was perfectly sound, and yet she was wrong. Most of this stuff was decidely not interesting. She had heard somepony (Couldn't remember who) say that "You can't judge a book by the cover, but you can tell a lot by the title." As none of these books had titles, they were therefore probably not worth checking.

Oh wait. That one had a title. "Yearbook." She was suddenly glad to have her Lean Shoes on; besides making her favorite dance move physically possible, it also permitted her to stick to the ceiling (Unbeknownst to most) which meant she didn't have to keep buzzing her wings.

She looked at the book carefully before touching it. A Canterlot Shield; clearly this book came from Canterlot; and since the Crystal Empire was still new, it was likely the owner was also from Canterlot. She pulled it out and opened the cover. "SA + MaC," inside a heart? Clearly somepony had a crush on somepony else, and obviously one of them was the owner. But who were they? She sat on the ceiling and thought for several moments before she remembered something she had heard less than an hour ago...

TheCavalry wrote:"Um... Her Majesty, Crystal-Princess Mi Amore Cadenza?"

"Cadence! But who does she have a crush on..." she whispered. If "MaC" was Cadence, then "SA" was... Shining Armor! She totally has a crush on him! And now she had their yearbook!

"Whatever a yearbook is. I guess we'll find out, huh?" she said. But before she could turn the page, she froze at a sound that could freeze the heart of infiltrators everywhere:

A click. Somepony else was in here. Blitz suddenly became much more interested in being still and quiet up on the ceiling...

Stealth:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next