Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Era Victoria IC

+4
Demonu
Paper Shadow
Crystalite
Chemistrychem
8 posters

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Era Victoria IC - Page 12 Empty Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Chemistrychem Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:24 pm

"Lion's den sounds suspicious. It can have connection with this Zebra " - Oirik thought.

He realized that he should dispose of that fool.
It wasn't his favourite job, but he really had to do this... Killing barkeepers was a pretty drastic method. Scaring him to death was far more reasonable.
He just knew all his fears and knew what would fix his mouth for ever.

"You know... " - he started - "I must kill you now... You know too much and you've seen too much."

He looked deep in his eyes. If only stare could kill... in that moment the barkeeper should have molten brain.

"However I'll make small exception with one condition " - he continued.
"You will get back to work and make a rumor about something."
"Now listen closely... This is very important... You tried and succeed in killing me by accident"
"You chased me to the docks and backstabbed me. I felt into the water and drowned. You will have proof... "
Oirik took out his knife and cut his hoof precisely. He knew exactly which veins can cause somebody's death and which are not so deadly"
He covered the blade with his blood and covered it up with cloth. Then he made himself an improvised bandage in cut place.

"You will get this knife tommorow in proper place. You will know where "

Oirik almost started to untie him... But he stopped and told him one more thing.

"Nonetheless, you will remain unconscious for a bit... And don't try to call any guards or someone like that. It's redundant. Your room is perfectly covered with evidence against you. I can assure you! "

He took grip of the broom which was the part of the costume set. He smashed the barkeeper in the head very hard.

"See you tomorrow!"

Oirik cleaned everything and escaped to his household. He left the knife just on barkeeper's fat body.

"I must do some research on this Lion's den and find everything I can about this dirty subpony Zebra... She must be related somehow with Ziggras I killed recently... or even long ago. I have some archives and contracts... I hate paperwork but this is for my own good... Damn. I'm so hungry! I must find something fat and caloric "
Chemistrychem
Chemistrychem
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:47 am

'Do you remember anything?' Smooth Talker chimed in, in an attempt to get the pony to start talking.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:19 pm

AleneShazam wrote:"You're free. It wasn't easy, but you're safe now." Chirurgeon holds out a claw for the pony to shake. "I'm the Chirurgeon. What's your name? Can you tell us what happened to you?"
Demonu wrote:'Do you remember anything?' Smooth Talker chimed in, in an attempt to get the pony to start talking.
"Fluttering Letters... I-I was ponynaped by a unicorn maybe... a month ago and he did things to my head. I-I c-can remember everything he made me do but I couldn't do anything except whatever his voice said to do." The pony shakes his head trying to clear his thoughts. "I... think he was at Pony Ponyson's Opium Emporium when he gave me that letter."  

Chemistrychem wrote:"Lion's den sounds suspicious. It can have connection with this Zebra " - Oirik thought.

He realized that he should dispose of that fool.
It wasn't his favourite job, but he really had to do this... Killing barkeepers was a pretty drastic method. Scaring him to death was far more reasonable.
He just knew all his fears and knew what would fix  his mouth for ever.

"You know... " - he started - "I must kill you now... You know too much and you've seen too much."

He looked deep in his eyes. If only stare could kill... in that moment the barkeeper should have molten brain.

"However I'll make small exception with one condition " - he continued.
"You will get back to work and make a rumor about something."
"Now listen closely... This is very important... You tried and succeed in killing me by accident"
"You chased me to the docks and backstabbed me. I felt into the water and drowned. You will have proof... "
Oirik took out his knife and cut his hoof precisely. He knew exactly which veins can cause somebody's death and which are not so deadly"
He covered the blade with his blood and covered it up with cloth. Then he made himself an improvised bandage in cut place.

"You will get this knife tommorow in proper place. You will know where "

Oirik almost started to untie him... But he stopped and told him one more thing.

"Nonetheless, you will remain unconscious for a bit... And don't try to call any guards or someone like that. It's redundant. Your room is perfectly covered with evidence against you. I can assure you! "

He took grip of the broom which was the part of the costume set. He smashed the barkeeper in the head very  hard.

"See you tomorrow!"

Oirik cleaned everything and escaped to his household. He left the knife just on barkeeper's fat body.

"I must do some research on this Lion's den and find everything I can about this dirty subpony Zebra... She must be related somehow with Ziggras I killed recently... or even long ago. I have some archives and contracts... I hate paperwork but this is for my own good... Damn. I'm so hungry! I must find something fat and caloric "
Streetwise 18+7= 25
"Wait they wa-ugh" The bar tender is cut off by a bout of blunt force bringing unconsciousness.

Word on the streets says that The Lion's Den draws a lot of support from the Griffon,Deer, and Zebra communities and in turn they give protection from ponies like Oirik... Oirik also manages to find out the areas in which the three vice captains operate out of, Gap in Greater Little Ford in the north east of Leadon, Gale in Hen's Peck to the south,and Jau in Witherschapel where Oirik already is .

Asking about "Mrs Ripper" only superstitious mutterings of demon zebras and useless conjectures about her identity.

Oirik's search for information leads him right by a busy and well lit cafe from with the sent of rich fatty fried bread flows out of.

Terrestial wrote:Internally, Chrome breathed a sigh of relief. That is, before he got the zebra off his sight. That's when he afforded an external one too. Boy, was he tired... it was only now getting to him, as the state of the skylight turned out to be a painful reminder. Not only had he a busy night shift, he worked overtime pretty much all the day. He was in a desperate need of sleep. Although unfortunate for Stargazer, this incident was a very convenient one for the mechanic. Dozing off during the lecture meant for aristocracy could probably have some unpleasant consequences. Thinking about what an eventful day that was and with the image of the intimidating zebra, looking into his eyes, still vivid in his mind, he limped the way back to his home. He had but a few hours of sleep until his next night shift, hence he was going to savour whatever he could, he thought. Hopefully, whoever it was going to be ultimately to bring his payment, wouldn't arrive in the morning..

Chrome's sleep goes uninterrupted and his night shift beginnings normally. Toward the middle of the night just as one customer is leaving another barges in, a blue Pegasus carrying a package wrapped in brown paper. For a moment she appears identical to the one Chrome met earlier but her cutie mark is different a cash register with an overflowing till. " Package for a Mister Drive."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:29 pm

"Well then." Chirurgeon stands, an edge in his voice as he addresses his current company. "I wish to pay this... Emporium a visit. I would hope that you would assist me in finding whoever did this."

He pats the shoulder of Fluttering Letters. "Mr. Letters, you should be safe... and once we find your mysterious unicorn, you won't have to worry about being re-controlled."
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:36 pm

Battery thought briefly. "Let me see..."

Streetwise:

Last edited by Crystalite on Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrestial Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:59 pm

The sleep, as Chrome expected, was not enough to satiate his organism with enough energy to deal with the night shift with enthusiasm. That was never an easy issue and this time it seemed really tedious, even after the usual hot beverage to help him get on his hooves. He forced himself to concentrate on some of the less demanding tasks he's had due, as he found himself slightly drifting off in the beginning whenever the shop stood empty for a while. It was fortunate that the customers visited enough as to keep him awake, he thought, stifling a yawn. The current visit was what send a jolt down his spine, rousing him internally. With his eyes no longer half-lidded, he examined the newcomer, so strikingly similar to the one that assaulted him not so long ago. Was that a sibling or the very same pony - a cheap fake with a tatoo over her butt? It mattered little to Chrome what were the chances of her, actually escaping from the cloaked ponies' grasp, as he knew little of them. What was important was that a dangerous possibility appeared in his shop. Hence, the earth pony activated his Onicalculator to assess the situation. He made no haste to go for the package, considering there might be something dangerous in it. Instead, he got up from his chair behind the counter and stretched himself a little, saying:

"Put it on the floor, please. Where should i sign?"

Expending one use of Read Thoughts
Terrestial
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:24 am

AleneShazam wrote:"Well then." Chirurgeon stands, an edge in his voice as he addresses his current company. "I wish to pay this... Emporium a visit. I would hope that you would assist me in finding whoever did this."

He pats the shoulder of Fluttering Letters. "Mr. Letters, you should be safe... and once we find your mysterious unicorn, you won't have to worry about being re-controlled."

"T-thank you."

Crystalite wrote:Battery thought briefly. "Let me see..."

Streetwise:

While the Battery does know that the Opium den is on Trotting way in Witherschapel he doesn't know anyone of their customers capable of this kind of magic.

Terrestial wrote:The sleep, as Chrome expected, was not enough to satiate his organism with enough energy to deal with the night shift with enthusiasm. That was never an easy issue and this time it seemed really tedious, even after the usual hot beverage to help him get on his hooves. He forced himself to concentrate on some of the less demanding tasks he's had due, as he found himself slightly drifting off in the beginning whenever the shop stood empty for a while. It was fortunate that the customers visited enough as to keep him awake, he thought, stifling a yawn. The current visit was what send a jolt down his spine, rousing him internally. With his eyes no longer half-lidded, he examined the newcomer, so strikingly similar to the one that assaulted him not so long ago. Was that a sibling or the very same pony - a cheap fake with a tatoo over her butt? It mattered little to Chrome what were the chances of her, actually escaping from the cloaked ponies' grasp, as he knew little of them. What was important was that a dangerous possibility appeared in his shop. Hence, the earth pony activated his Onicalculator to assess the situation. He made no haste to go for the package, considering there might be something dangerous in it. Instead, he got up from his chair behind the counter and stretched himself a little, saying:

"Put it on the floor, please. Where should i sign?"

Expending one use of Read Thoughts

This guy is actually buying this? "Alright" The Pegasus very gingerly sets the package down and then walks over to chrome passing over a clipboard. "Sign by the X"  I can't belive sis got taken out by this big of an idiot.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:22 am

"Hmph. An opium den - despicable den of debauchery, those. Wasting precious herbs on destroying the minds of the populace..." Chirurgeon shakes his head. "Dahlia, Battery, could you share what you know about these establishments? Pooling our knowledge, we might recognize something important..."

He himself begins thinking back to what he knows of Pony Ponyson's, their clientele, their owner, and something - anything - that could give them an edge in the investigation.

Streetwise: 12+10 = 22
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:21 pm

Dahlia thinks as well, ready to blurt out anything that seems important...

(Assist Check (Streetwise): 10 (Roll) + 8 (Skill) = 18)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrestial Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:01 pm

That was about as much the stallion needed for a confirmation. This mare, despite being related to Chrome's assailant, could've been not involved in the mess. However, that seemed not to be the case. The mechanic considered the danger coming from both her and the package, deciding to deal with the former first. Recalling what a skillset did the athletic "Miss Dirty Deeds" possessed, he assessed how this case were to be addressed best. His judgement stated that a fast, unrefined gambit were in place. Hence, he watched as the mare drew closer to the counter - just where he wanted her, due to the placement of some particular mechanisms hidden throughout his shop. At being passed the clipboard, he reached below the wooden surface of said counter, saying:

"Let me just grab my pen..."

However, it was not anything meant for writing that he reached for. A camouflaged console stationed there was the object of his interest right now. Chrome pushed a button, manually activating a pair of traps he's had prepared for occasions like this one. In a rapid succession, two events took place. From a slit in the piece of furniture between the pegasus and the earth pony, a rope with leaden weights at its ends shoot forward to bind the mare's legs. At almost the same time, a net of similar structure fell from the ceiling on top of her.
Terrestial
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:03 am

"I know where that is, at least," Battery offers...

Streetwise Assist:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:49 pm

AleneShazam wrote:"Hmph. An opium den - despicable den of debauchery, those. Wasting precious herbs on destroying the minds of the populace..." Chirurgeon shakes his head. "Dahlia, Battery, could you share what you know about these establishments? Pooling our knowledge, we might recognize something important..."

He himself begins thinking back to what he knows of Pony Ponyson's, their clientele, their owner, and something - anything - that could give them an edge in the investigation.

Streetwise: 12+10 = 22
Chirurgeon knows that the clientele tend to be much higher class than what one would expect from the backstreet location. A fair selection of nobles and the well-to-do as well as numerous members of the upper echelons of the criminal world.

Paper Shadow wrote:Dahlia thinks as well, ready to blurt out anything that seems important...

(Assist Check (Streetwise): 10 (Roll) + 8 (Skill) = 18)
Dahlia knows that the owner is an older dragon who has significant skill as an herbalist though he is also know to be extremely tight lipped about his clientele and sources .

Crystalite wrote:"I know where that is, at least," Battery offers...

Streetwise Assist:
The Battery knows where it is, and that the outer doors are large enough to accommodate larger dragons.

Terrestial wrote:That was about as much the stallion needed for a confirmation. This mare, despite being related to Chrome's assailant, could've been not involved in the mess. However, that seemed not to be the case. The mechanic considered the danger coming from both her and the package, deciding to deal with the former first. Recalling what a skillset did the athletic "Miss Dirty Deeds" possessed, he assessed how this case were to be addressed best. His judgement stated that a fast, unrefined gambit were in place. Hence, he watched as the mare drew closer to the counter - just where he wanted her, due to the placement of some particular mechanisms hidden throughout his shop. At being passed the clipboard, he reached below the wooden surface of said counter, saying:

"Let me just grab my pen..."

However, it was not anything meant for writing that he reached for. A camouflaged console stationed there was the object of his interest right now. Chrome pushed a button, manually activating a pair of traps he's had prepared for occasions like this one. In a rapid succession, two events took place. From a slit in the piece of furniture between the pegasus and the earth pony, a rope with leaden weights at its ends shoot forward to bind the mare's legs. At almost the same time, a net of similar structure fell from the ceiling on top of her.

The traps catch the Pegasus almost entirely unawares. "I did not see this coming." At the moment her thoughts are fills with expletives directed at Chrome, his family, and engineering in general.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:26 pm

"Well, I know of the owner," comments Dahlia, "He isn't gonna tell us who's comes in."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:11 am

"-and I know their clientele. Treated a couple." Chirurgeon massages the bridge of his beak. "...Not the best individuals to tangle with."

"They have nobles. Upper echelons of the criminal world. Influential people, with wealth and power - surprisingly so, for a backalley drug den. It's not going to be easy, and I've already spent most of the favors I've gotten over the years. Still - figure we should pay a visit. If only to scout it out."
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:49 am

"Do we need to ask the owner?" Battery asked. "The owner might not say anything, and well he shouldn't, but the other regulars might be more flexible."

"Especially if we brought Mister Hot Shot Writer here," Battery suggested, gesturing to the minotaur. "All the nobles read his stuff, I'm sure. He might be able to leverage that."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:55 am

"And, if push comes to shove," Chirurgeon sighs heavily, not relishing the thought, "I'm sure most of us here have experience gathering information by a more... unsavory method. Plus, they might be more malleable when drugged up on opium, if slightly less coherent."
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:57 pm

Smooth Talker followed the conversation quietly but with great interest. He had to admit that a lot of what was going on or being said was the kind of thing one normally wouldn't say, do or even think about. It was like watching a story, or more correctly: the set-up and exposition scene, unfold before his very eyes. He was mentally taking it all in with the notion of penning some of it down later when the Battery spoke up.
Crystalite wrote:"Especially if we brought Mister Hot Shot Writer here," Battery suggested, gesturing to the minotaur. "All the nobles read his stuff, I'm sure. He might be able to leverage that."
Smooth Talker solemnly nodded in agreement until the actual meaning of the phrase downed on him. 'Wait what?' he said surprised. 'You can't honestly expect me to walk into a wretched hive of scum and villainy! I have a reputation!'

'Besides,' Smooth Talker continued, 'I wouldn't know the first thing about this sort of... thing. What, do I just walk in and be all like: Good day, fine sir. I would like to purchase one of your finest drugs please.'
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:19 pm

"Someone tried to kill you," Battery pointed out. "Aren't you wondering who? Come find out with us."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:30 pm

Crystalite wrote:"Someone tried to kill you," Battery pointed out. "Aren't you wondering who? Come find out with us."
'As I recall,' Smooth Talker retorted, 'Someone tried to kill me because I received something that was intended for someone else.'

Smooth Talker held his chin in contemplation. 'How about we play to each others' strengths?' He offered as a counterproposal. 'You three can investigate this opium den while I'll go talk to Professor Sharp Talker, who I believe was the intented recipient of the letter. I think dealing with an academic scholar would be more up my alley than boldly strolling into a known criminal hide-away.'
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:44 pm

"You're not going anywhere without me, in any case," Battery insisted, wagging a claw back and forth. "You've contracted my services, after all, and it wouldn't do to have you assassinated while I'n halfway across town."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:27 pm

"Oh good," comments Dahlia to Battery, "One book deal and you're already willing to walk down the aisle with this guy."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:38 pm

"Oh? Why, did you want to be the best mare?" Battery snarked.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:41 pm

"Dahlia's a stag's name, damnit!"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:10 pm

Crystalite wrote:"You're not going anywhere without me, in any case," Battery insisted, wagging a claw back and forth. "You've contracted my services, after all, and it wouldn't do to have you assassinated while I'n halfway across town."
'I appreciate the concern,' Smooth Talker said, 'but if you really would want to keep me out of harm's way, not going into a criminal opium den would be the way to go, would it not?'

"Dahlia's a stag's name, damnit!"
'But my landlady's named Dahlia...' Smooth Talker interjected into the conversation in a tone that wasn't so much as accusing as it was said matter-of-factly.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:23 pm

Demonu wrote:
Crystalite wrote:"You're not going anywhere without me, in any case," Battery insisted, wagging a claw back and forth. "You've contracted my services, after all, and it wouldn't do to have you assassinated while I'n halfway across town."
'I appreciate the concern,' Smooth Talker said, 'but if you really would want to keep me out of harm's way, not going into a criminal opium den would be the way to go, would it not?'

"Not so much, especially if I'm there watching," Battery said. "See, if this unicorn has other assets working on this, then they'll expect you to follow the proper recipient of this letter - an active threat - whereas in the den the only one there who wants you dead isn't worth much right now, according to the doctor here," he explained.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next