Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The P-Files

+4
Dr Blight
Ramsus
Cardbo
XandZero2
8 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The P-Files - Page 35 Empty Re: The P-Files

Post  XandZero2 Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:06 am

Dr Blight wrote:Chitin grit her teeth as blades slashed all around, biting onto her dagger harder to keep from screaming. She caught a glimpse of Gleeda as she fell, cursing her bow for some reason - and then Chitin saw red. Bearing her teeth almost ferally in pain and outrage, she spun quickly feeling a blade slash across her and locked her dagger with the katana. She yanked with all her weight, pulling the sword into the middle of the spinning maelstrom of blades and causing them to all become tangled and locked together. As she glared up from under the mess of blades, her dagger floated down above it like an angry wasp, flashing wildly with magic before turning sideways and becoming its own storm of blades, flying faster than could be seen as it slashed away. It flashed even brighter and flew faster as it slashed at eyes and cloth and carapace, drawing blood as it flew.
attacks:

CLANG!

The resounding crash of metal on metal echoed through the room like thunder splitting the sky.

As the three Box Cars clones leapt back and away from Chitin, drawing their flying blades back with them, the true Box Cars hovered in place, his black wings beating violently, his black blades crossed in the air before him, pressing down, forcing back Chitin's dagger, struggling against her might in a battle of ponykinetic will.

The blades screeched against one another, and slowly but surely - Chitin felt herself losing ground.

Inch by inch, Box Cars's katana pressed down further, coming dangerously close to Chitin's head.

The two Changeling's faces were inches apart now. Box Cars' was concealed by a mask of black energy, but Chitin could see his sightless eyes were slit in concentration, sweat pouring down his brow.

Then, as if at an unspoken signal, Box Cars twisted in the air, spinning out of the path of Chitin's dagger, letting it rocket off harmlessly into the distance, as the Changeling ninja came back around, riding his own momentum with a double slash to Chitin's side.

((Parry! Chitin takes 10. Sorry for the wait guys, but if what I think is about to happen is about to happen, then I wanted time to make this scene look good...

BTW - Still need to update the university troop, but I'll hopefully get to that later tonight!))
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:44 am

((Immediate Interrupt!))
Chitin dug her feet in pushing back against the blades as they struggled, her eyes went wide however as Boxcars spun out of the way, rearing up on her hind legs and crying out as she was slashed. She narrowed her eyes as she released her first dagger, letting it clatter to the ground where it fell and spat out the second. Her magic enveloped the dagger in mid air and circled quickly around her as she stamped down to all fours, with a cry of rage and a buzzing of wings the dagger came around slashing as Box Car's chest as Chitin launched herself at him again, ramming head-on into him.
combat actions:

((Chitin Turn))
Biting back down on her second dagger and digging in her feet to control her momentum, she reared up and then and dived forward, throwing the dagger at the other changeling. It spun through the air like a boomerang before her magic flared up, adding speed and force to its flight and guiding it like a missile towards its target point first.
combat stats:
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:52 am

Since he can't parry again this round, all I'm skipping is seeing if Box Cars makes his save vs Blinded and stuff.

Whisper, having slid backwards along the floor after miraculously blocking Box Car's kick, clopped at the cool contest of slashythingness between Chitin and Box Cars.

Turn start: HP: 30/30, PiPs: 3, Status: Entertained

[+2] Perfect Focus
You gain resist 3 until the end of your next turn. At the start of your next turn, if you have not taken damage since you last used this ability, you gain 2 more pips.

Turn end: HP: 30/30, PiPs: 5, Status: Resist 3 (Perfect Focus)
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:24 am

((Waiting for Box Cars to make a saving throw, eh? Well, joke's on you guys - he makes saving throws at the BEGINNING of his turn... Ha hah... Can't believe that's turned out to be a bad thing.))

Dr Blight wrote:((Immediate Interrupt!))
Chitin dug her feet in pushing back against the blades as they struggled, her eyes went wide however as Boxcars spun out of the way, rearing up on her hind legs and crying out as she was slashed. She narrowed her eyes as she released her first dagger, letting it clatter to the ground where it fell and spat out the second. Her magic enveloped the dagger in mid air and circled quickly around her as she stamped down to all fours, with a cry of rage and a buzzing of wings the dagger came around slashing as Box Car's chest as Chitin launched herself at him again, ramming head-on into him.

Chitin could hear a muffled gasp from Box Cars as she smashed into him again. He went reeling back from the attack - but this time he was better prepared - beating his wings fast enough to slow down before he crashed into another wall. Grasping his chest with one black-clad hoof, Box Cars fell to his knees, breathing rapidly, his blades still spinning above his head.

Dr Blight wrote:((Chitin Turn))
Biting back down on her second dagger and digging in her feet to control her momentum, she reared up and then dived forward, throwing the dagger at the other changeling. It spun through the air like a boomerang before her magic flared up, adding speed and force to its flight and guiding it like a missile towards its target point first.

As Chitin's dagger whistled through the air towards Box Cars, his ears flicked up.

His breathing steadied.

He rolled to the side and the dagger flew past, flying a foot or two before curving back around to make another pass. As it did so Box Cars leapt back into the air and began flying straight for Chitin.

Chitin could see what Box Cars was trying to do.

He was trying to duck out of the way at the last second and hit Chitin with her own dagger.

-But that wasn't going to happen, because her dagger was moving faster than Box Cars could fly. It would nail him in the back any moment now, and then... maybe... he'd go down for good.

Chitin watched in anticipation as the dagger neared it's target, sped along even more by the power of her magic, spiraling forward in a vicious arc...

-And then Box Cars' three clones leapt to their master all at once, spinning around him like a protective barrier.

The real Box Cars disappeared as one of his clones took the dagger to the back. Then the other two clones vanished as well, leaving the last clone zooming headlong towards Chitin - a black, flaming hole left where her dagger stuck through it's torso.

The clone tackled Chitin to the ground, pinned her in place - and blew up in her face.

((That was a flavorful way of saying - Chitin picked the wrong clone! She takes 7 points and is knocked out))

As the last three Box Cars reappear from the shadows and slowly descend from the gold-plated ceiling of Big Mike's apartment, their katana orbit around them like moons around the Earth. All three Changelings look badly beaten, but they still hold themselves aloft in the air, though they sway from side to side, beating their wings in furious silence.

Then they turn their blind gaze on the last pony standing - Whisper.

Wasting no time, they dash towards her at one - slashing at Whisper with three sets of black blades as they pass.

((Whisper takes 8 damage total - and I did remember to factor in the Resist 3)).

They begin circling back for another attack run, their movements noticeably slower now, but still seemingly just as dangerous.

((BTW - Box Cars made his save for the Draw Blood, but not for Chitin's Crit effect))
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:39 am

Whisper tries standing perfectly still, hoping that he's like a T-rex and won't be able to see her if she doesn't move.

Turn start: HP: 22/30, PiPs: 5, Status: Resist 3

[+2] Perfect Focus
You gain resist 3 until the end of your next turn. At the start of your next turn, if you have not taken damage since you last used this ability, you gain 2 more pips.

Turn end: HP: 22/30, PiPs: 7, Status: Resist 3 (Perfect Focus)

Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:21 am

Whisper hears some quiet muttering from Gleeda's unconscious body. "Go... Do something... Please... Fight on... You can do it... Whisper..."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:03 pm

((Sorry it took so long to get this post out guys. This is a little late to the party too, but thanks for the cameo Demonu! It was fun! Hope we can do it again sometime!))

Cardbo wrote:"Well, I've still got to see Ivory Tower. Any idea where he'd be about this time?"

Indy rears up on her back hooves and leans against the podium, crossing her arms. "If I had to guess, that ol' stick in the mud Ivory's probably got your office staked out, jus' waitin' for ya to show up so he can ambush ya. Remember where the Astronomy offices are, right? They're housed with a bunch of the other sciences in Swirl's Hall. It's right across from Do's. Can't miss it. You'll probably bump inta Ivory sooner or later if ya just start headin' that way."

Yawnmon wrote:"Alright. I'll be sticking with Coffee here, so we've all got plans then." He gives Rain Light another no-warning hug, just because, and then he turns to look at Beauty. His mouth opens a bit and then closes as if he wants to say something. What he actually wants to say isn't something he's comfortable talking about in front of other ponies though, even in a whisper.

Rain looks at Blade curiously and shrugs, "So... I take it ya want to catch up later then?"

D'Orreigns smiles somewhat apologetically. "Well... It's been a blast everypony, but I suppose it's time we part ways for now. If any of you need me or Ms. Beauty, you know where to find us." D'Orreigns pauses, "That being City Hall... OF COURSE! -Feel free to drop in, literally or otherwise!"

Black Beauty looks up and slowly nods. "It was a pleasure to meet you all," she says, addressing everypony, though her gaze keeps returning to Blade. "I hope we can have the pleasure of meeting again soon."

Indy nods as well, "Yeah, well I got a cup a coffee and a sundae waitin' for me, so I better split too pretty soon. Anything else you guys need before I fly the coup? Keep it short. Don't wanna keep Clue waitin'." Indy shrugs, "He's lost without me."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at Labyrinths' United...

Whisper shuts her eyes closed tight, holds her breath, and braces for the inevitable return slash from the triad of Box Cars...

She waits...

And waits...

And waits some more...

Then she opens one eye in the slightest peek - and sees the three Box Cars circling around her, their blades spinning around them in tight orbits, their ears flicking up and all around, their heads pan from side to side. They appear to be searching for something - most likely Whisper herself - but it looks like they can't sense her... at least for the moment.

((General rule of thumb - if you close your eyes, no one can see you. Box Cars failed his Blind check. It's Whisper's turn.))
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:19 pm

Both allies out cold, Whisper knew she was no fighter and that sooner or later Box Cars would find her and those blades looked wickedly sharp and she didn't much enjoy to prospect of being lit on fire by exploding clones. There was only one thing to do in a situation like this.

Whisper slowly reached both her front hooves into her tail, rustled around for something, and when she pulled them out....

... the left hoof was wearing a hoof puppet of Chitin and on the right was a hoof puppet of Gleeda.

Turn start: HP: 22/30, PiPs: 9, Status: Resist 3

[-8] Second Sunrise
You and all allies gain 2d10 hp and make a saving throw with a +5 bonus.
2d10: 8, 10
Healer's Grace [10]: All allies regain 6 HP.

Healing to Whisper: 18
Healing to Chitin and Gleeda: 24

Turn end: HP: 30/30, PiPs: 1, Status: Behold the power of puppetry!
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:31 pm

XandZero2 wrote:

Cardbo wrote:"Well, I've still got to see Ivory Tower. Any idea where he'd be about this time?"

Indy rears up on her back hooves and leans against the podium, crossing her arms. "If I had to guess, that ol' stick in the mud Ivory's probably got your office staked out, jus' waitin' for ya to show up so he can ambush ya. Remember where the Astronomy offices are, right? They're housed with a bunch of the other sciences in Swirl's Hall. It's right across from Do's. Can't miss it. You'll probably bump inta Ivory sooner or later if ya just start headin' that way."

"Much obliged. And great lecture!" he says as he starts to head out, but pauses a moment to wait for Blade Blocker.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:33 pm

"You can't win I see right through you!" The Gleeda Puppet said in a really girly and sing-songy impersonation of the griffon that oddly enough sounded eerily more like her then a normal puppet should.

combat turn:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:05 am

When Whisper had reached into her tail, all three Box Cars had turned towards her at once - and as she drew her puppets, three pairs of black blades flew at her throat.

-They stopped within inches of Whisper's neck, all trained on her jugular.

Then the Gleeda puppet spoke and two blades spun in the air and pointed down at it too.

The Box Cars hovered in the air above, looking down on Whisper, everypony frozen in place, perfectly still, perfectly silent. Then all three Changeling Ninja turned towards Gleeda... or the puppet derivative thereof... They closed in, huddling around her, their sightless eyes wide with disbelief. One of them poked a black blade at the Gleeda puppet's gut.

((This is so bizarre, I have to roleplay this a little bit more. I want to pause the turn order for a second and see Xel reply to this))
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:10 am

"Oh yes! Please sir may I have more pain? I'm so crazy with enjoyin it so..." The Puppet Griffon states cheerfully.

On the inside Gleeda who was trapped in a puppet parody of her, had no mouth and she just wanted to scream...

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:14 am

"What's the matter? Why are we stopping?" The Chitinpuppet asked in an impatient voice, folding its little hooves in front of itself angrily.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:29 am

The three Box Cars drew back simultaneously in surprise when the Gleeda puppet spoke, taking their blades with them. Then the Chitin puppet spoke, and they all backed up further.

They hovered in the air, beating their membranous wings, their katana orbiting around them, glancing at each other and exchanging a look of utter confusion. One of them motioned down at the puppets and another shrugged. The last began scratching his head with one hoof.

Then they all descended to the ground, sat down on their back hooves and crossed their legs, Buffalo style. One propped up his head on his front hooves, one cocked his head to one side, and the third just continued to scratch his head with his hoof. All their blades levitated down beside them as they sat and waited for something to happen.

((Congratulations! You have successfully stunned Box Cars! -Never let it be said that I don't reward great roleplaying... or bizarro roleplaying... whichever it might be. It's Chitin's turn.))
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:48 am

The Chitinpuppet threw its hooves up and its head back as it yelled. "BEWARE MY FLYING CUTLERY!!"" As if on cue, the dagger that had been thrown across the room fell suddenly from ceiling, nicking the right box cars face as it planted itself in the floor blade first and shook with the force.
combat stats:
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:59 am

Whisper was far too busy with the puppets to actually do much of anything else.

Turn start: HP: 30/30, PiPs: 1, Status: Having a ball!

[+2] Perfect Focus

Turn end: HP: 30/30, PiPs: 3, Status: Resist 3 (Perfect Focus)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:07 am

XandZero2 wrote:Rain looks at Blade curiously and shrugs, "So... I take it ya want to catch up later then?"
"You know it sis. Might wanna warn your friends. While he's still there he turns to Indy and says, "Thanks for the free class."
XandZero2 wrote:D'Orreigns smiles somewhat apologetically. "Well... It's been a blast everypony, but I suppose it's time we part ways for now. If any of you need me or Ms. Beauty, you know where to find us." D'Orreigns pauses, "That being City Hall... OF COURSE! -Feel free to drop in, literally or otherwise!"

Black Beauty looks up and slowly nods. "It was a pleasure to meet you all," she says, addressing everypony, though her gaze keeps returning to Blade. "I hope we can have the pleasure of meeting again soon."
"It's been a lot of fun meeting you both. I'm sure it wont be long till I see you again," he says also directing his vision towards Beauty more so than D'Orreigns. Blade looks Beauty in the eyes one last time, and realizes what he'll be dreaming of tonight. Then he lets out a sigh and says, "Later everypony," before heading toward Coffee and the door the old fashion way. By putting one hoof in front of the other.
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:34 am

Yawnmon wrote:
XandZero2 wrote:Rain looks at Blade curiously and shrugs, "So... I take it ya want to catch up later then?"
"You know it sis. Might wanna warn your friends. While he's still there he turns to Indy and says, "Thanks for the free class."
XandZero2 wrote:D'Orreigns smiles somewhat apologetically. "Well... It's been a blast everypony, but I suppose it's time we part ways for now. If any of you need me or Ms. Beauty, you know where to find us." D'Orreigns pauses, "That being City Hall... OF COURSE! -Feel free to drop in, literally or otherwise!"

"It's been a lot of fun meeting you both. I'm sure it wont be long till I see you again," he says also directing his vision towards Beauty more so than D'Orreigns. Blade looks Beauty in the eyes one last time, and realizes what he'll be dreaming of tonight. Then he lets out a sigh and says, "Later everypony," before heading toward Coffee and the door the old fashion way. By putting one hoof in front of the other.

"Later everypony! G'night!"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:19 pm

Next the Gleeda puppet used her fake pretend bow, AND THEN it fired lighting, just like the real thing. "PEW PEW!" The Fake Griffon states with fury in it's sing-song-y voice as it fired the twin bolts at random. Hitting the middle and the right of the changeling trio...

Combat Turn:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:38 am

The Box Cars triad sat and... (watched?) as the Chitin and then the Gleeda puppets both unleashed their strangely potent attacks. As the right Box Cars got nicked he didn't even seem to care, and as the middle and then the right Box Cars got hit again with the arcing lightning bolts, instead of rising to attack, they both began clopping their hooves, black flames rising up from their wounds and going completely unnoticed.

All three Box Cars were clopping in time when the first two blew up seconds later - erupting in great balls of black flame that sent up shock waves from each detonation - and as the black smoke cleared, the last remaining Box Cars was left alone. He continued clopping on for a moment, then his pace slowed and stopped altogether. He glanced in the direction where his two clones had just been sitting, then turned back around and scrambled back onto his hooves as quickly as he could.

He clashed his blades together and tried to look serious - though he appeared more bewildered now than intimidating.

((FINISH HIM!!!! -And make it look good!))
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:04 am

The Chitinpuppet took little bows as Box Cars clapped. "And now for the Grande Finale!" It began to wave around and make strange motions with its little felt hooves, the dagger slowly rising into the air, dipping and weaving like the head of a snake being charmed. "The deadliest most secret secret skill I know!" Its little dance began reaching a frantic peak before it throws its little hooves high! "Surekill stabby arts! SPINNING WHEEL OF DEATH!" The dagger goes flying at Box Cars, spinning so fast it looks like a buzzsaw in flight! And completely misses, ricocheting off the walls repeatedly. The little chitinpuppet hooves slowly lowering as its head turns trying to follow the dagger as it keeps bouncing around. The dagger continues to ricochet around before finally catching on the string of the unconscious Gleeda's bow and getting launched back encased in a lightning bolt, colliding with Box Cars and immediately exploding in a massive flash of colorful sparks and thunder.

"......Spinning Wheel of Death!" The Chitinpuppet announces in its slightly high-pitched voice, throwing its little hooves in the air again.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:23 am

As the explosion of light and thunder detonates, the room's engulfed in a roar of thunder and blinding flash that's reflected in the gold plating of the walls, floor, and ceiling. All the board members of Labyrinths' United cover their eyes or avert their gaze away from the epicenter of the explosion, and Whisper covers her eyes tight, putting the Chitin and Gleeda puppets up to shield her face - even as the puppets also raise their little hooves and claws to cover their own eyes.

As the flash dies away and the sparks of electricity dissipate, everypony turns back to see Box Cars - his black gear dusted and scuffed up, electricity arcing from the beaten and battered armor - but still standing.

Everypony falls silent.

Box Cars takes a step forward - then staggers back.

He drops to one knee.

His blades clatter to the ground, their black sheen slowly fading back to silver.

The Changeling's black gear begins to smoke and smolder, his clothing and armor evaporating into the air like a mist rising up from a swamp.

He stares straight at Whisper with his sightless eyes, his mask vanishing from his face to reveal the faintest of smiles.

He closes his eyes.

Then bows his head in submission.

-The fight is over. It's evident to everypony present.

There's another moment of deathly silence.

-And then Buck and W2 raise their claws/flippers and let out a cheer.

Bad Ass, Gizmo, Relief Effort, and Renji give a reserved clap/clop.

Wolfgang and Noble Heart, still frowning, give a slight nod.

-And Ding Bat's nowhere to be seen.

Then Renji motions for Relief Effort and nods towards Chitin and Gleeda (the real ones, not the puppets). The Zebra rushes over and begins pulling potions, needles, gauze, and bandages from her red and white saddlebags and administering first aid. Buck and W2 also rush over, and Buck's the first to say, "Whisper, ya okay?" Followed by W2, who says, "Wow girl, that was like, so totally crazy! Wouldn't believe it, like, if I hadn't, like, seen it with my own eyes and junk!"

Buck turns back and looks at everypony in turn, then he grins,

"I BUCKIN' TOLD YA!"

((The fight is over. I'd say let Whisper make a response post first, then have Chitin and Gleeda wake up and we'll go from there. I might wait until tomorrow to update the University, as this fight has left me pooped as a GM. Cardbo? Yawn? Hope that's alright?))
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:17 am

"Good work you two." Whisper said to the puppets and then put them back away. Then she found herself with nopony to hide behind at the sudden applause and had to settle for trying to hide behind herself.

"Okay?" Whisper looks herself over finding not a single scratch, "Yeah. Um....thanks." she responded shyly and self-consciously. She then looked over at Relief Effort attending to her companions, "You want any help with them?" she asked hopefully but, not expectantly.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:34 am

Chitin groaned as she slowly regained consciousness. Opening her eyes and looking around groggily before focusing on the needle held by the zebra beside her. "... wha' a'...y-you pla'ing to..." *she stopped to shake her head in an attempt to clear it. "What are...you planning to do with that?" She asked, somewhat more awake now as she got up to her feet. Looking around, she spotted both her daggers. one nearby and the other lodged in a pool table and sparking for some reason. Picking up the one beside her, she levitated the other and shook it a little in an attempt to clear the mysterious electricity from it before bringing it back to her bag as well. "Did we win?"
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:35 pm

Back at the University...

It's a few minutes past 8 as you exit Do's Hall. The sun has already set on the horizon. Lanterns sprinkled throughout the college have been lit, illuminating the gravel paths and stone buildings, giving them a mysterious and somewhat haunted feel as the flames dance and the shadows mingle. The stars are out tonight, and even with the lights from the city dulling their intensity, the night's natural lights stand out against the blanket of black space.

-As Coffee looks up into the firmament, an inexplicable shiver runs down his spine. He's reminded of the other night on the train... But surely, he was just imaging things?

You pass multiple ponies as you cross over to Swirl's Hall, many of which you recognize to be students, carrying saddlebags loaded with books, chatting amongst themselves, and yawning - always yawning. You think that perhaps Rain Light must not have bee joking when she'd made that comment about students not getting much sleep...

But you continue on to Swirl's Hall and make your way into the building. After asking a few knowledgeable-looking ponies for directions, you hear that the Astronomy Department's located on the fifth floor. Seeing as Coffee's still a bit worse for ware, you decide to take the elevator instead of the stairs.

As you reach the fifth floor, the elevator rings to alert you that you've made it to your final destination. You prepare yourselves to step out of the lift and start searching for the Astronomy Offices, but as the elevator doors swing open, you come face to face with one very studious and disgruntled looking Unicorn.

Spoiler:

"Well, if it isn't the irresponsible and truly detestable Professor Mug, I presume? High time you should show your face here, sir - seeing as you do have something lofty called a job to attend to! Or did you forget sir? I've been waiting here all day for you to arrive, did you know that?!" The Unicorn glances down at his watch, shaking his head, "Since four o'clock this morning in fact! I ascertained that your train had arrived late last night - which was quite a bother - arriving late - if there's anything I can't stand more than bothersome students it's tardiness! -But do you know? Then you didn't even have the decency to show up for morning ceremonies, and they were in your honor! Pah! What am I saying! Your honor? What honor? A reprehensible scoundrel like yourself doesn't have honor! Isn't that right you vile cankerblossom? -And you're probably a slacker too! Tell me, slacker, did you oversleep? Is that it slacker? Oversleep - the first day of your new job?! -What a slacker. And you had classes today, you know? Or did you forget?! Yes sir, classes - to teach!"

The Unicorn grabbed Blade Blocker and dragged him out of the elevator, glaring at the Pegasus with all the loathing and impatience of a college headmaster, "Now say goodbye to your hoodlum mummy friend and let's get to work before I lose my patience!"

The Unicorn turns to Coffee, shoving a hoof in his face, "And you - you should be ashamed of yourself. A full-grown stallion, dressed up like that - even if we are a month away from that Maredi Gras foalishness, it doesn't mean you should act like a foal! Grow up and get a real job hippy!"

((Meet Ivory Tower...))
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next