The P-Files

Page 1 of 32 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The P-Files

Post  Yawnmon on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:02 pm

XandZero2 wrote:Blade continues zig-zagging through air traffic, careful not to hit anypony as he makes his way through the herd. Finally he breaks out of the pack and puts on a burst of speed to close the distance between him an Airborne, who he can still make out not far up ahead - but as he pushes his wings to the limit, Blade becomes aware of something he didn't notice before - Airborne's slipstream. It's like a path cut through the air, and as Blade slips into it he feels the difference in wind resistance almost instantly. He rides the stream like a wagon, and his speed increases significantly.
"Oh this is just too perfect," Blade says to himself, enjoying the easy little speed boost.
XandZero2 wrote:But as you pass the intersection at Bon Bon and Clearview, you look ahead and see an overpass coming up at 12 o'clock - straight ahead. It's not a bridge - but a building that extends across the length of the road, with the space of roughly a floor and a half left open underneath so that wagon and hoof traffic can drive through in a sort of underpass. It looks like it's going to be a tight fit though... and it could be pretty dangerous... Doesn't look like there'd be much room to maneuver if a big wagon came through...

Airborne glances back at you, then dives into the underpass without a moment's hesitation.
'Out of all the streets in the city he had to pick this one didn't he' Blade thinks to himself. Also refusing to hesitate Blade takes a dive of faith, following Airborne's path under the overpass as closely as possible.

((Flight: 14 (roll) + 18 (bonuses) + 5 (Pips) = 37
Knew those extra Pips would come in handy =D))
avatar
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 349
Join date : 2012-08-29
Age : 24
Location : Oregon, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  XandZero2 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:43 am

Cardbo wrote:Coffee sighs at the messy atmosphere. He grabs a notepad and pen and makes to leave.

As Coffee turns back towards the hallway, he looks out through the open door of his soon-to-be office and realizes for the first time that the office door across from his is open too.

The lights are off inside though...

Nopony seems to be home...

Coffee has a moment to wonder if the door might have been open all along - but then he hears an all too familiar voice speak out from the shadows.

"How's it going... Handsome?"

You hear some shuffling around from within.

Then a purple Earth Pony steps out of the shadows. She sports a number of new bandages, but overall she looks like she came out of the fight last night a lot better off then you...

"'Bout time you showed up, big boy," Captain Force says with a smug look on her face, "Don't you know?" She tosses back her pink mane, "It's not polite to keep a girl waiting."

((Guess who's baaaaaaaaaaack! And yes, I had this planned even before Coffee and Blade separated... Aren't I an evil GM?))
avatar
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1219
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Baton Rouge, LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Cardbo on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:58 am

XandZero2 wrote:
Cardbo wrote:Coffee sighs at the messy atmosphere. He grabs a notepad and pen and makes to leave.

As Coffee turns back towards the hallway, he looks out through the open door of his soon-to-be office and realizes for the first time that the office door across from his is open too.

The lights are off inside though...

Nopony seems to be home...

Coffee has a moment to wonder if the door might have been open all along - but then he hears an all too familiar voice speak out from the shadows.

"How's it going... Handsome?"

You hear some shuffling around from within.

Then a purple Earth Pony steps out of the shadows. She sports a number of new bandages, but overall she looks like she came out of the fight last night a lot better off then you...

"'Bout time you showed up, big boy," Captain Force says with a smug look on her face, "Don't you know?" She tosses back her pink mane, "It's not polite to keep a girl waiting."


Coffee smiles

"Always lovely to see to see you Captain Force. I apologize for keeping you waiting, but I tend to only keep apointments that I know about. I see you came alone. Is this a social visit?"


((Guess who's baaaaaaaaaaack! And yes, I had this planned even before Coffee and Blade separated... Aren't I an evil GM?))

Well, I did want Coffee to meet up with Captain Force again eventually. Depends on her intent.
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  XandZero2 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:38 am

((BTW - Yawn, good rolling on Blade's part!))

Back out on the street, Blade swoops down into the underpass, continuing to follow in Airborne's slipstream as he does so.

It's dark inside the underpass - and you have to imagine this is what flying through a cave would feel like. You've lost sight of Airborne for the moment. All you can see are the headlights from wagons as they rush across the road - and they demand all your attention right now anyway! You suck in your gut and hug the ceiling as the first few wagons pass beneath you - but your hooves scrape against the roofs of the wagons even as your wings brush against the ceiling.

You feel anything but safe...

-And then a real monster of a wagon rumbles down the street towards you, toting the biggest trailer you've ever seen!

Blade actually hears it before he sees it - breaking into a barrel roll and spinning to the side as the wagon rushes past, then ducking back as another wagon loaded with produce screeches by going the opposite direction, the driver honking his horn and shaking a hoof at Blade as he passes.

Blade dives, rolls, and tumbles between lanes as more wagons speed by in either direction - and just as he thinks he's safe, a bolt of lightning cuts through the darkness - arcing straight towards him.

((I'm assuming that Blade wishes to continue holding onto his Adrenaline PiPs instead of Turbo Boosting this turn? If my assumption is wrong, I'll alter my post, but if I'm correct - then all-out combat has officially begun! Currently Blade cannot see his opponent, but he can basically attack the lightning bolt for the same effect as attacking Airborne.

Before you attack however, please note that you don't actually take damage during the race. You're moving fast enough to where you're a hard target to track and can dodge quickly to avoid the brunt of an incoming attack. That said however, let me warn you that an attack can still mess with your focus and slow you down - forcing you to break or take evasive action. To simulate this, whoever deals the most damage each combat round will knock their opponent off balance and back a band width - and if you deal a considerably greater amount of damage than your opponent, there may even be more interesting consequences...

BTW - Hope you're enjoying the race mechanics so far Yawn. If you're not, let me know!))
avatar
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1219
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Baton Rouge, LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  XandZero2 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:54 am

Hours earlier at Labyrinth's United...

Ramsus wrote:I came because Buck asked me meet you before judging you as an unhelpful pony. Whisper thought projected (and somehow it gave the impression that being judged unhelpeful would have been bad) while saying aloud, "Yes kinda a bit yeah but, I could use money as it so happens so a job would be swell." And before she even finished saying it she thought projected (since thinking is faster than speaking), I'm not really all that good with buisnessy stuff so if you have a favor in mind, pardon the pun, ... and then she finished aloud, "Otherwise I'll just keep my eyes peeled for an opportunity to help you help me help everypony from the Projects."

"Actually..." Mighty Mike stroked his chin thoughtfully, "There is one thing you might be able to help Mighty Mike with... But he'll get to that later. First he'll talk about job opportunities..."

Ramsus wrote:and then a bit of information finally clicking, Whisper tried to use the gold amplification of telepathic projections to contact Mike's Mothership, Hailing Alien Mothership, this is Whisper, *crackle sounds*, over.

As Whisper waited for a response, there came an echoing *crackle sound* from somewhere deep in her psyche, followed by a voice...

Hello? Hello? Who is this? Is this Bob from accounting?

-It doesn't play over the loudspeakers.

Xel Unknown wrote:"Also there is the fact a good deal of your stores refer to your name in some bit. That just makes it look like you painted your ego all over it..." Gleeda notes. "But yeah, really I'm just in need of work to keep myself from having to return to my homeland and be forced to rule when I know very well I'm not the ruler they want, need, or even deserve. But if I get myself a job and get some good income to support myself, I'm in the clear..."

Dr Blight wrote:"I'm here looking for work. I can't live off what I brought with me forever." Chitin shrugged slightly. "And if I had to guess a reason why ponies might think you're a villain, the giant tower looming over the city might have something to do with it."

The Minotaur crossed his arms. "Weeee-eell, Mighty Mike doesn't think it's all that rare of a practice to put your name in your store title. Besides," Mike shrugged, "he does own them, doesn't he? He bets no one would notice if he didn't own so many... As for the towering tower part, the height also helps with sending and receiving telepathic transmissions...

"-Plus," He motioned back towards his wall-length, green-tinted windows and the clouds and cityscape below, "Mighty Mike just loves the view!

"Now then," Mighty Mike reverts back to the pose he seems to favor most - clasping his hands before him and leaning forward in his desk. "Work... Work... Buck? What do you think?"

"That's easy," Buck stood up on his hind legs and crossed his arms, "I say buckin' give it to 'em!"

Mike nodded slowly. "Box Cars?"

The Changeling stepped forward, having remained near the doors in utter silence until that very moment. He spread his wings and buzzed over the party. Stopping to hover before Mike, he clopped his hooves together and bowed his head. Mike rose from his seat and mirrored the gesture, then Box Cars nodded again and landed on all fours as Mighty Mike also sat back down in his chair.

Mighty Mike raised an eyebrow. "And what do you think?"

Box Cars drew his katana and summoned a large wall of green energy, slashing into it - They are more than formidable Master Mike, and I have no doubt they would make excellent additions to your security task force. If that is what they wish, I would be honored to fight alongside them - but they may even have what it takes for your... special assignment. ((And yes, he did just cut out elipses))

Mighty Mike nodded solemnly, then looked at Chitin, Whisper, and Gleeda - each in turn.

"OHHHHHHHHH YEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!" he grinned, "Whelp, that's good enough for Mighty Miiiiiiike! So? When can you start?"
avatar
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1219
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Baton Rouge, LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Ramsus on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:44 am

Whisper thinks back to herself(?) No, sorry, wrong number.

Well I do have something that I need to take care of... Whisper thought projected and then finished in spoken words, "but, I can probably multitask. Though I guess that depends on what the job you'd have for us would involve. If so I could start up tomorrow." Then she looked over to Chitin and Gleeda.
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 33
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Yawnmon on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:59 am

XandZero2 wrote:Blade dives, rolls, and tumbles between lanes as more wagons speed by in either direction - and just as he thinks he's safe, a bolt of lightning cuts through the darkness - arcing straight towards him.
Despite Blade's surprise at suddenly being attacked from a blind spot, he instinctively swings his right hoof forward to try and deflect the bolt.
Spoiler:
[+1] Selfless Strike [Invigorating Strike]
Deal 1d8 damage to target creature and target ally gains 5 temporary hit points.
Roll: 3
XandZero2 wrote:((I'm assuming that Blade wishes to continue holding onto his Adrenaline PiPs instead of Turbo Boosting this turn? If my assumption is wrong, I'll alter my post, but if I'm correct - then all-out combat has officially begun!
((Yay! Btw it's a safe assumption that I wont be using any boosts this early in the race. I'm going to try to use as few boosts as possible for now, stay behind Airborne for the extra Pip gain and hopefully overtake him towards the end of the race. Of course I might need to use a few boosts to make sure I keep up with Ace and his 'slipstream' but no plan is perfect.))
XandZero2 wrote:BTW - Hope you're enjoying the race mechanics so far Yawn. If you're not, let me know!))
((Enjoying it a lot so far. The system is simple enough to pick up instantly but complex enough to build multiple strategies for. I would like to ask, can I use Draw Blood in this kind of combat for the Pip gain despite it not doing damage? I don't want to try that this round since I figure it'd count as an auto-lose for the combat, but I might want to do that in one of the following rounds depending on the situation.
Really hope I don't roll a 1 on a flight check though since that would probably end the race right there.))
avatar
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 349
Join date : 2012-08-29
Age : 24
Location : Oregon, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Dr Blight on Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:34 pm

Chitin smiled, already trying to plan out what to do next. "I can start more-or-less immediately, though I'd like the chance to set up a place to stay in town and check on a few friends if that's alright."
avatar
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1175
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 27

View user profile http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  XandZero2 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:48 am

In the University...

Cardbo wrote:
Coffee smiles

"Always lovely to see you Captain Force. I apologize for keeping you waiting, but I tend to only keep appointments that I know about. I see you came alone. Is this a social visit?"

Excessive Force leans up against the door frame and crosses her legs.

"A social visit?" She tosses back her pink mane and returns your smile with an aggressive one of her own, "I suppose you could say that Mr. Mug. I was actually dropping by to give you something I thought you might like..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

((BTW - Yawn, check the OOC thread. I noted some rules about race combat. Also, sweet! Glad you like the mechanics so far))

Out on the street...

Blade grits his teeth as his arm connects with the bolt of lightning, and focusing his energy, he hurls the bolt aside, leaving his hoof numb as the electricity zips away, crashing against the side of the underpass and sending up a shower of sparks in every direction.

One wagon driver panics from the sudden burst of light, jerking on the reigns and causing his vehicle to swerve to the side - the length of the wagon swinging around towards Blade at a fast clip. You have just enough time to break mid air and flip backwards as the wagon cuts a full donut in the road before righting itself as more horns blare and ponies shake their hooves in frustration.

-Blade picks up the pace, already starting to realize this race might not be all it's cracked up to be. As he emerges out the other side of the underpass and zips past The Salvation Minotaur and the corner of Gently and BonBon, he finally catches sight of Airborne again - but the Captain of the PWDF has gained even more ground. Blade has a feeling that if he doesn't catch up soon, he might lose him for good...

((Keep in mind that Airborne is 2 band widths ahead of Blade currently. Fair warning ahead of time too, but if Airborne gets a lead of more than 3 bands, Blade'll lose him and that'll be the end of the race.))

Airborne glances back again as you begin zooming past the residential areas, whipping up the winds and causing Missing Pony Posters all along the street to flap in the breeze.

Then as you near a bridge spanning the length of the Canal, you watch as Airborne dives off the side of the road. He swoops down beneath the bridge and disappears from sight...

((You have two choices this turn with Blade. You can follow Airborne and stay in his slipstream, or continue along the bridge at a straight shoot. A new Round begins either way. If Blade plays it safe, he only gets +1 PiP this turn, but the DC for his flight check goes down to 30. If Blade decides to dive off the side of the road and follow Airborne, he continues to receive another +2 PiPs to Airborne's +1 - but his check this turn will be another DC 35.

Choose your path Pegasus, and let the race continue!))
avatar
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1219
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Baton Rouge, LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Cardbo on Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:08 am

XandZero2 wrote:In the University...

Cardbo wrote:
Coffee smiles

"Always lovely to see you Captain Force. I apologize for keeping you waiting, but I tend to only keep appointments that I know about. I see you came alone. Is this a social visit?"

Excessive Force leans up against the door frame and crosses her legs.

"A social visit?" She tosses back her pink mane and returns your smile with an aggressive one of her own, "I suppose you could say that Mr. Mug. I was actually dropping by to give you something I thought you might like..."

"Something I'd like? That covers a wide variety of things." Coffee says with a grin and a circular wave of his hoof.
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Yawnmon on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:56 pm

XandZero2 wrote:Blade grits his teeth as his arm connects with the bolt of lightning, and focusing his energy, he hurls the bolt aside, leaving his hoof numb as the electricity zips away, crashing against the side of the underpass and sending up a shower of sparks in every direction.

One wagon driver panics from the sudden burst of light, jerking on the reigns and causing his vehicle to swerve to the side - the length of the wagon swinging around towards Blade at a fast clip. You have just enough time to break mid air and flip backwards as the wagon cuts a full donut in the road before righting itself as more horns blare and ponies shake their hooves in frustration.
Continuing on and feeling a bit guilty Blade says to himself, "Geez, how badly does this guy wanna win? Doesn't he know throwing lightning around like that is dangerous." He wasn't upset that Ace had thrown the bolt at Blade, but more that he did so in such a populated area.
XandZero2 wrote:-Blade picks up the pace, already starting to realize this race might not be all it's cracked up to be. As he emerges out the other side of the underpass and zips past The Salvation Minotaur and the corner of Gently and BonBon, he finally catches sight of Airborne again - but the Captain of the PWDF has gained even more ground. Blade has a feeling that if he doesn't catch up soon, he might lose him for good...

Airborne glances back again as you begin zooming past the residential areas, whipping up the winds and causing Missing Pony Posters all along the street to flap in the breeze.

Then as you near a bridge spanning the length of the Canal, you watch as Airborne dives off the side of the road. He swoops down beneath the bridge and disappears from sight...
Blade stays above the bridge abandoning Ace's slipstream for an easier (and hopefully quicker) route. As he passes over the bridge he tries to prepare himself for another surprise attack from Ace while also increasing his speed.

((19 (roll) + 18 (bonuses) + 8 (pips) = 45
I might use a boost depending on how well this goes so keep that in mind.))
avatar
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 349
Join date : 2012-08-29
Age : 24
Location : Oregon, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Xel Unknown on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:09 pm

(OOC: I thought I posted... Oppsie...)

Gleeda smile. "I can start whenever you need me... But I'm not sure where I'll be sleeping I've gotta admit."
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  XandZero2 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:33 am

At the University...

Cardbo wrote:"Something I'd like? That covers a wide variety of things." Coffee says with a grin and a circular wave of his hoof.

"Well then big boy," Captain Force turns her head slowly, feigning indifference as she looks back down the hallway of office doors, "perhaps my something fits into your variety."

She lifts up one hoof for a leisurely inspection, then begins polishing it on her dark-blue NOPPD uniform. "Seems like, what with all the excitement last night, you just might have happened to lose something on Equinade...?" She glances up at you and raises an eyebrow, "Well, I just might have happened to pick it up..."

The purple Earth Pony stands and struts up to Coffee. "I just might have happened to bring some coffee as well..." She says, pacing slowly past you, "Enough for two to share..." Brushing your face with a soft swish of her tail as she passes, Force glances back over her shoulder and smiles flirtatiously, "And I still haven't even gotten to the something I was talking about Handsome... Interested to know what that is?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out on Bon Bon Street...

Playing it safe and deciding not to follow Airborne, Blade makes a break for it across the bridge, zooming past more Pegasi while staying above the ground traffic. Slipping in and out of the herd with the greatest of ease, he continues gaining momentum, appearing as a red blur to the onlookers that stop, point, and stare. Some begin cheering as they watch you pass, spellbound by the speed and strength of your flying.

Up ahead near the opposite end of the bridge you see Airborne as he shoots back up onto the street, doing a barrel roll followed by a tight flip as he gets back into position. He's too far for you to see it in the dark, but you get a distinct feeling he's got a smug grin on his face as he puts on another sudden burst of speed and rockets even further forward.

You're gonna lose him...

((Right now Airborne just used another Turbo Boost with 3 PiPs. You haven't lost him yet, but he's 3 band widths ahead of Blade, and if you're not careful, you may lose him soon. What will Blade do?

P.S. I plan on updating the rest of the group at Labyrinth's United tomorrow evening after I get home from work. I'm expecting Blade and Coffee's segments to take longer, so I decided to see if I couldn't get them moving a bit more tonight.))
avatar
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1219
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Baton Rouge, LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Cardbo on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:32 pm

XandZero2 wrote:At the University...

"Well then big boy," Captain Force turns her head slowly, feigning indifference as she looks back down the hallway of office doors, "perhaps my something fits into your variety."

She lifts up one hoof for a leisurely inspection, then begins polishing it on her dark-blue NOPPD uniform. "Seems like, what with all the excitement last night, you just might have happened to lose something on Equinade...?" She glances up at you and raises an eyebrow, "Well, I just might have happened to pick it up..."

Coffee grins. "Hmm..yes.. I think I remember losing something on the Equinade. If you happened to pick it up, well I'd be...grateful."


The purple Earth Pony stands and struts up to Coffee. "I just might have happened to bring some coffee as well..." She says, pacing slowly past you, "Enough for two to share..." Brushing your face with a soft swish of her tail as she passes, Force glances back over her shoulder and smiles flirtatiously, "And I still haven't even gotten to the something I was talking about Handsome... Interested to know what that is?"

"All that and coffee for two? You've definitley peaked my interest."
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Yawnmon on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:05 pm

XandZero2 wrote:Up ahead near the opposite end of the bridge you see Airborne as he shoots back up onto the street, doing a barrel roll followed by a tight flip as he gets back into position. He's too far for you to see it in the dark, but you get a distinct feeling he's got a smug grin on his face as he puts on another sudden burst of speed and rockets even further forward.

You're gonna lose him...
((Yeah, definitely gonna boost now. That should take me from 9 to 6 Pips including the 1 Pip I gained this round.))

Blade grits his teeth and starts yelling at himself internally. 'You are gonna lose him! Gotta. Push it. Further!' As his wings start to strain and his eyes begin watering Blade goes past his previous limits and goes from being a red blur to a red bolt.
avatar
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 349
Join date : 2012-08-29
Age : 24
Location : Oregon, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  XandZero2 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:49 pm

Ramsus wrote:Well I do have something that I need to take care of... Whisper thought projected and then finished in spoken words, "but, I can probably multitask. Though I guess that depends on what the job you'd have for us would involve. If so I could start up tomorrow." Then she looked over to Chitin and Gleeda.
Dr Blight wrote:Chitin smiled, already trying to plan out what to do next. "I can start more-or-less immediately, though I'd like the chance to set up a place to stay in town and check on a few friends if that's alright."
Xel The Medic wrote:Gleeda smiled. "I can start whenever you need me... But I'm not sure where I'll be sleeping I've gotta admit."

Big Mike nods thoughtfully as Whisper and Chitin speak up - but when he hears Gleeda's situation his eyes go wide and he slams his fists down on his desk.

"OHHHHHHHHHH NO YOU DID-NNNNNT!!!! Mighty Mike knooooooow's that you didn't just tell Mighty Mike that royalty from Griffenland doesn't have a place to stay in HIS CIII-TYYYYYYY. Such a tra-ves-tyyyyyy should be a crime against neigh-tuuuuuuuuure."

"-No worries," the Minotaur shakes his horned head, then taps a thumb to his well-dressed chest. "MIIIIIIIIIGH-TY MIIIIIIIIIIKE - will take good care of ya. You can have a penthouse all to yourself in any of Mighty Mike's five-star hotels. The Grand Taurus on the side of the University of New Orreigns in Mareine, the Red Bull next to Bonnabell in Vieux Mare', or the Maze across from the Ponydome in the Central Business District - take your pick."

He nods, "And as for you Chi-tin, Mighty Mike knows you're no princess, but that shouldn't stop him from treating you like one anyway. You might not have a pent-hoooouse, but as a rule, all Mighty Mikes em-ploy-eeeeees get to stay at any of his five-star hotels with absolutely free room and board, satisfaction guaranteed! -That's one of the company perks ya know."

Turning to the pony of your group, Mike adds, "OHHHHHH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH! -And Mighty Mike's of-ferrrrrr is open to you as well Whisper, if you are in-ter-es-teeeeeed."

Mike claps his hands together, "Now then, as far as getting your things together - that's not a problem. Labyrinth's United isn't going nowhere ladies - not if Mighty Mike has anything to say about it, that is." The Minotaur chuckled, then cleared his throat. "Get settled in and take care of your business as you will - and as far as the jobs are concerned?" He rubs his chin, looking between the three of you, "Mighty Mike was under the assumption you wanted guard duty? Is there something else that you would preee-fer? Perhaps Mighty Mike can accommodate."

((I'll update everypony else a little bit later tonight))
avatar
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1219
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Baton Rouge, LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Ramsus on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:06 am

Whisper replied alternating thought projection and actual speech every third syllable, "Well, that will be better than where I stayed last night, so sure! I'm pretty much fine with most any job but, what I enjoy doing best is being wherever somepony needs a bit of extra help. Otherwise, I guess I'm good at finding things out, getting parties or other events set up, or medical aid if it's required in a pinch. But, I'd like to stick with my two friends here if I can, so, like, whatever really."
avatar
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 5688
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 33
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Xel Unknown on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:12 am

"I figure The Grand Taurus would be a lovely place to stay the night." Gleeda said with a smile.


Last edited by Xel The Medic on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 7018
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 27
Location : Somewhere, nowhere

View user profile http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  XandZero2 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:44 am

Back at the University...

Coffee Mug wrote:"You've definitley peaked my interest."

"Mmm-hmm," Force tossed back her mane and nodded thoughtfully, "I had a feeling you might say that Mr. Mug..."

Pacing slowly back around to Coffee's side, she looks him up and down, "You know, that fight we had the other night was really something... It got my blood pumping... Made me feel so... alive." The Captain closes her eyes and shivers. She shakes her head impatiently, "-Oh, its not every day I get knocked out fighting for my life. Just thinking about it gives me a thrill!"

Opening her eyes, she turns to Coffee, and he can see that same blue, fiery passion from the night before burning deep inside her. She puts a hoof to his chest, running it over his bandages in slow, soft circles.

"I wanted to show my appreciation, Handsome..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out on Bon Bon Street...

Blade and Airborne both rocket down the street, flying past onlookers, leaving a shock wave of wind screaming through the city in their wake. Loose papers whip up after them as manes ripple in the rush. The city flies by all around, a blur of black shadows and yellow streetlights. Blade manages to keep up, though Airborne maintains a good lead on him even as they flash through the Zebre' slums, passing more and more Missing Pony Posters in their mad dash forward.

Ahead, you can make out the ominous, grey walls of New Orreigns looming up in the dark. It's a straight stretch to them now, and both you and Airborne pour on the speed as you near the half-way point.

Blade slips back into Airborne's slipstream as you approach the walls, getting closer and closer - until your almost right on top of them, but Airborne doesn't look to be slowing down in the slightest. You think for a split second that he might crash - and then he spreads his wings wide, breaking at the last second and flipping around, landing with all four hooves heavily on the wall then kicking off and rocketting back the way he came.

As Airborne hurtles back towards you, you see him charging a ball of lightning in his hooves, the light from the ball illuminating the grin on his face as he yells, "THINK FAST, DUDE!" hurling it towards you for a total of 7 damage incoming.

((Note that normally, if you're more than 1 band width away from your opponent, you can't fight them because they're too far away - but since you guys are passing each other I thought I'd make an exception here. Keep in mind that Blade is still currently 2 bands behind Airborne.

Also, remember that if you lose this combat round you'll at least be knocked back a band width - and with that, it's Blade's move.))
avatar
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1219
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Baton Rouge, LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Yawnmon on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:28 am

XandZero2 wrote:Blade slips back into Airborne's slipstream as you approach the walls, getting closer and closer - until your almost right on top of them, but Airborne doesn't look to be slowing down in the slightest. You think for a split second that he might crash - and then he spreads his wings wide, breaking at the last second and flipping around, landing with all four hooves heavily on the wall then kicking off and rocketting back the way he came.

As Airborne hurtles back towards you, you see him charging a ball of lightning in his hooves, the light from the ball illuminating the grin on his face as he yells, "THINK FAST, DUDE!" hurling it towards you for a total of 7 damage incoming.
Knowing that he isn't going to be able to dodge Ace's attack in time he covers his face with his forelegs and takes the blast head on. After getting knocked back Blade picks his pace back up again and just as Airborne's smug face is about to pass by Blade gives him gives him a swift jab to the ribs, hardly hindering his speed, but leaving a nicely sized bruise where his hoof landed.
Spoiler:
[+3] Warning Blow [Draw Blood]
Target creature suffers 1 ongoing damage (save ends)
avatar
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 349
Join date : 2012-08-29
Age : 24
Location : Oregon, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Cardbo on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:58 pm

XandZero2 wrote:Back at the University...

Coffee Mug wrote:"You've definitley peaked my interest."

"Mmm-hmm," Force tossed back her mane and nodded thoughtfully, "I had a feeling you might say that Mr. Mug..."

Pacing slowly back around to Coffee's side, she looks him up and down, "You know, that fight we had the other night was really something... It got my blood pumping... Made me feel so... alive." The Captain closes her eyes and shivers. She shakes her head impatiently, "-Oh, its not every day I get knocked out fighting for my life. Just thinking about it gives me a thrill!"

Opening her eyes, she turns to Coffee, and he can see that same blue, fiery passion from the night before burning deep inside her. She puts a hoof to his chest, running it over his bandages in slow, soft circles.

"I wanted to show my appreciation, Handsome..."


"My dear Captain Force. I do believe you're trying to seduce me." Coffee grins

OOC:Perception check on Captain Force. Is she really being sincere? Granted Coffee's perception is horrible, but he might get lucky.
Roll(1d20)+5:
19,+5
Total:24
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  XandZero2 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:57 am

Captain Force takes her hoof off Coffee's chest and tilts her head to the side, watching you with interest, "And what if I am, Mr. Mug? What would you say to that?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back out on the Street...

As Airborne passes, Blade has enough time to watch as his smug grin turns into a grimace of annoyance. "NICE SHOT," he yells as the distance between the two of you steadily increases, "SAD IT WON'T DO YA ANY GOOD!"

((Blade's knocked back another band width, putting him living on the edge, at 3 bands behind Airborne))

Wasting no more time, Blade rushes to the city wall, slapping it and turning on a dime before blasting back after the Captain of the PWDF. As he flies he senses Airborne's slipstream again, and sliding right back into it, he starts riding that stream for all it's worth.

((New Round begins. Airborne gets 1 Adrenaline PiP, Blade gets 2 from drafting.))

The two pegasi pick up the pace, going as fast as their wings can carry them in the less crowded Zebre' slums. Even though the lanes of flight traffic are relatively open in this part of the city, the sheer speed of the racers makes it hard to control their flight - and due to the poorly lit conditions on this part of the street - it's even more of a challenge to not hit a street lamp or get caught in a powerline.

((Make a DC 30 Flight Check for Blade Yawn, then decide if you want to do another Turbo Boost this turn.))
avatar
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1219
Join date : 2012-07-23
Age : 29
Location : Baton Rouge, LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Cardbo on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:10 am

XandZero2 wrote:Captain Force takes her hoof off Coffee's chest and tilts her head to the side, watching you with interest, "And what if I am, Mr. Mug? What would you say to that?"

Coffee imagined, as anatomically impossible as it was, bucking himself in the head.

"I personally would like to take things a little slower. Afterall, I hardly know anything about you. And I daresay, you hardly know anything about me."

avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Yawnmon on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:09 pm

XandZero2 wrote:As Airborne passes, Blade has enough time to watch as his smug grin turns into a grimace of annoyance. "NICE SHOT," he yells as the distance between the two of you steadily increases, "SAD IT WON'T DO YA ANY GOOD!"

Wasting no more time, Blade rushes to the city wall, slapping it and turning on a dime before blasting back after the Captain of the PWDF. As he flies he senses Airborne's slipstream again, and sliding right back into it, he starts riding that stream for all it's worth.

The two pegasi pick up the pace, going as fast as their wings can carry them in the less crowded Zebre' slums. Even though the lanes of flight traffic are relatively open in this part of the city, the sheer speed of the racers makes it hard to control their flight - and due to the poorly lit conditions on this part of the street - it's even more of a challenge to not hit a street lamp or get caught in a powerline.
((... Wow. I figured I'd make it but I wasn't expecting this. 20 (roll) + 18 (bonuses) + 11 (pips) = 49 and critical))

Blade was obviously not to happy about being blasted in the face with a ball of lightning because the moment he jumps off the city wall his wings start beating faster than ever. With a determined and somewhat angry look on his face Blade zooms back through the slums even quicker than on his way in and once he reaches his peak he knows he can go break his limits again. The air around him lets out a crackling sound as he propels himself forward in another red bolt of light and sound.

"YOU SURE ABOUT THAT ACE!?" Blade yells at the top of his lungs.

((So that boost takes me from 11 to 8 Pips.))
avatar
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 349
Join date : 2012-08-29
Age : 24
Location : Oregon, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Dr Blight on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:46 pm

"That is what I came to apply for, but I can try other kinds of jobs if needed. I'll take you up on staying at one of the hotels though. That would be very helpful, thank you very much." Chitin gave a little bow of gratitude.
avatar
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1175
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 27

View user profile http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The P-Files

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 32 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum