Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge

+3
A1C Bronymous
Kris_The_Guest
Lyntermas
7 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge - Page 29 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:23 pm

Ok I have an idea. I will roll a geography check to see what direction relative to the room with the paladins is the mausoleum, that way down here we'll have a general direction that we need to go, and know which path to pick. And since we walked from the musoleum to the cave entrance, it sahould be easy enough to keep straight.

Rolling: 13+8=21
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:32 pm

Rolf hear's Horizon explanation for how he knows that his path leads in the direction of the crypt. "...Oh. Well then, let's go that way." As Rolf passes the entrance to the caverns, he asks the High Priest to tell Jeraylia that they are headed along the more level path. He then walks on to join Horizon and Zthulan.

The map makes things much clearer now. I'm going to assume that Horizon succeeded in his roll and go with that.

But Ramsus, I didn't recall Skitter ever seeing any treasure at the lake. It's almost as if you wanted to kill some paladins out of spite....oh.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:44 pm

Oh wait, spite-killing Paladins? Aww, now I wanna do that!

Edit: Unless the correct direction is the way the snake went, in which case...
Whatever, we'll figure it out.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:46 pm

Quick before I lose my opportunity!

After helping illuminating the way Zthulan decides this is better than any other time to see if he can understand Horizon better. "So Horizon, you were saying something when we were talking life and death. May I ask what tongue you were speaking in?" The only thing that Zthulan was thinking presently was how fast he could run to avoid a potentially lethal outburst from the ranger.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:49 pm

"You may, and if I had any idea, I would think about telling you." He glances back at he Dragonborn. "Its just something I slip into every once in a while, the same way that different people slip into their native tongue when upset or excited. It just so happens that this isn't my native tongue."

Gonna have to do better than that if you want a violent outburst.

Last edited by Bronymous on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:57 pm

Well time to take a chance... All in.

"Why would you speak in a tongue that you don't know? Normally even when someone curses in their non-native tongue they will have a inkling of what it means." Taking another look at Horizon Zthulantries to discern more about what creature lingers around his spirit.

And today's roll is... The letter 1! Crap.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:02 pm

Well, I guess Skitter will go with Rolf to join the others. Not that I have any idea why Zarhon decided Skitter would intentionally go the wrong way or how he got the idea that that would be my intent.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:03 pm

"Oh I know what it means, kind of. At least, I understand what I'm saying when I say it. I just don't know what language it is or why I'm using it." He stops as he sees Zthulan giving him a strange look. "Quit looking at me like that. You look like you're about to make a mess."

Edit: Because you said you were going the way you came, which was to the lake room, which wasn't the right way.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:05 pm

I feel like I should wait until I know what Zthulan sees before a response is made...
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:20 pm

Actually that isn't what I said. What I said is that Skitter lead the way. Either way, if that's what Zarhon thought I meant he should have pointed out that I wasn't going the right way then instead of letting our characters make mistakes that didn't make sense for people who can actually see what's going on.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:37 pm

Continuing through the tunnel, the party notices the tunnel branches out into mini-tunnels, most of which quickly end up in simple dead ends, with seemingly no purpose to them. They soon enter a room, similar to the one they were in before, dug out from the soil. Various empty bags are scattered around. Holes litter the roof, of various sizes. A big, sturdy support pillar is standing securely in the middle of the room. The room has two other tunnels leading onwards, in addition to the one you came from. The room itself is littered with broken pieces of wood. Several long wooden boxes can be seen stacked messily in a corner, a few damaged. There is also a simple wheelbarrow, made entirely out of wood.

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:20 pm

"Well, either we have found the world's first wood mine, or the cultists were digging out every coffin they could find." Rolf looked down the main two unexplored passages. "Horizon, does your sense of direction know which way is more likely to lead to Zilean's coffin?"

Rolf considered asking Skitter to refrain from looting the coffins, but felt that the only the thing he could do to keep Skitter from doing so was not to bring it to his attention.

Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:42 pm

The paladins are right there right? I don't think Skitter actually wants to have to murder them for possibly loot that's not likely to be particularly great anyway.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:40 pm

No, we left them back in the other room. Go nuts. Also, Zarhon, some of us are making rolls. Care to tell us if they succeed or not?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:24 am

Just to clarify the rolls for Zarhon.

Page 47: Horizon: Roll for Geography and Sense of Direction (help us find Zilean's crypt): 21
Page 48: Zthulan: Roll for further clarification of Horizon's spirit: 1
Page 35: Zthulan: Roll for talking or learning more about Rolf's death orb spirit: 7

Hopefully BrokenLogic comes back soon.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:59 am

I was thinking of waiting until I could make an equestrian entrance (here comes the cavalry!), but if nothing happens by tomorrow, I'll just trot in meekly. While I'm gone, is anything happening in town, Zarhon? Would I need to make a perception check to notice if the zombie horde is back? Any floating liches I dismiss as a cloud?
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:19 am

Please, I've been waiting all game to go missing and make a grand entrance. Get in line.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:40 pm

Closest I think anyone got was Skitter making a grand exit.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:08 pm

Zthulan

As he attempts to learn more of the spirit surrounding Horizon, he realizes he's made a grave error: It suddenly reacts to his gaze, noting his awareness of it, growing darker and threatening. He then feels a sharp, intense pain, as though someone jabbed a knife through his skull repeatedly. He collapses to his knees, his vision blacks out/blurs momentarily and his ears ring from what can best be described as an angry man yelling into your ears.

Horizon

Horizon suddenly feels... odd. As though he experienced a momentary burst of euphoria. He also determines that the passage on the left side would geographically be more likely to lead towards the coffin, but only assuming its tunnels do not twist, turn or bend in various odd directions.

Jeraylia

Perception -> 4

As she returns to the passage, Jeraylia doesn't notice anything particular that would catch her attention, apart from a kitten-shaped cloud in the sky she found particularly amusing.

@ Zthulan
- torches: Huh, didn't consider that. I assume the paladin room is well lit, the caves area is lit by mushrooms, but the area you're in is unlit and in total darkness, thus needing torches. I'll just say a paladin borrowed you one. There are also small lanterns around to use, but might need either oil or something to light them. As for lighting it, depends on what your "breath attack" is: I assume its "fire" if you use it to light a torch.
- That earlier roll for "Rolf's spirits" was insufficient to get any info.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 pm

Rolf runs over to Zthulan as he collapses. "Are you alright? What happened?" He picked up the torch that Zthulan had dropped to keep it from going out, then used his other hand to try supporting Zthulan.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:28 pm

"Looks like shamans learn sleep spells too huh Rolf?" Skitter says clearly mocking one or both of them.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:42 pm

lolwut. Wasn't expecting that.

"Alright, we're going left. Stay close with that light." Horizon turns back to the others, to find Zthulan has collapsed. "Oh, look I was half right. Try not to vomit, it's gross." Horizon doesn't offer any aid (or say anything else), but he does stay put to wait for him to recover.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:40 pm

Falling on his knees Zthulan leans heavily on his staff, breathing heavily. Taking a few moments to catch his breath Korvas appears and makes a very low cooing noise of his shoulder. Taking one more shuddering breath he begins to rise.

"I looked into a metaphorical abyss Mr. Towden," the shaman gives a quick look at Horizon before involuntarily flinching. "And unfortunately, the abyss looked back, and didn't take a liking to me. It was my own fault and I will learn from my mistakes as I always have."

Yeah I decided the normal fire would be a good breath to have. So I can still roll if you want me too.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:36 pm

Rolf glanced over at Horizon before turning back to Zthulan. "...That doesn't surprise me all that much. But it would appear that certain...statements he's made are actually true. Just a bit of advice: don't mention demons around him. Ever." He makes sure that Zthulan is capable of standing on his own, then turns back to Horizon. "Alright, then. Let's continue on. Oh, wait a moment." He hands the torch back to Zthulan, then takes some of the scraps of wood and places them in the center of the room to form a large arrow pointing to the left cave. Then he starts heading toward the left cave.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:59 pm

Zthulan nods and whispers back to Rolf. "What ever it is Mr. Towden, it is real and it is evil... We should find a way to uncover the truth of what hovers over our comrade, if not to help him but to destroy something as wicked as that."
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next