Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge

+3
A1C Bronymous
Kris_The_Guest
Lyntermas
7 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge - Page 34 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge

Post  Zarhon Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:26 pm

Lyntermas wrote:Does Zthulan see anything down the tunnel?

Zthulan

Perception -> 2

Zthulan peers into the other tunnel. He can only see a few feet in, which are empty, whilst the rest is shrouded in darkness.

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:21 am

"Wow, you are a handsome young mimic, aren't you? Yes, you are. Yes, you are." Jeraylia tossed the morsel to the mimic's open lid and took out another one, however, this time holding onto it as if she planned to hand feed it.

I've just decided Jeraylia has an abnormal fondness for mimics. Adventurers love chests, right? Who cares if its trapped. It normally doesn't deter them. Insight check on mimic. Prepared to smack it one on the "nose" if she can tell it will misbehave, and then scold it.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:28 am

Ok so....pets people have wanted. Rolf wanted the dire liger, Skitter wanted a giant snake, and Jeraylia wants a mimic. Will we ever actually get pets? Or even mounts for that matter? Do we have to wait for next week's episode to find out?
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:37 am

I think it was Tiff that wanted Lizzie, or at least one of her cubs. I'm still holding out for a Pony.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:35 am

You know, now that I think about it, Mimics remind me of The Luggage from Terry Pratchet. That can only be a good thing.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:10 am

I just sort of assume the Luggage was somewhat based on the concept of Mimics. *shrug* That said, the Luggage would be higher level than us for sure. It'd have to be at least high paragon tier, if not outright epic tier.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:44 am

Shaking his head he speaks back to Rolf, but continuing to face the tunnel. "Nothing I can see, however..." Looking at Korvas he gives her a nod and speaks to her softly. "Fly my dear, return with what you have seen. Do not linger or tarry for too long, rather just fly until you find either an intersection or another room." With that he gives her a reassuring stroke under her chi and she takes off."

Rolling:! To see if it is succesful that she can notice anything out of the ordinary from an underground tunnel. That or if she listens to me, the book doesn't say much on whether or not a shaman has an empathic link with his spirit compainion or how intelligent. I would assume that the spirit is sentient but with animal instincts and mannerisms and doesn't matter for speaking to us directly. Though that is ultimately up to Zarhon.

Anyway, rolled a 12, I think a +3 so 15.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:46 pm

You know, now that I think about it, Mimics remind me of The Luggage from Terry Pratchet. That can only be a good thing.
Jeraylia tossed the morsel to the mimic's open lid and took out another one, however, this time holding onto it as if she planned to hand feed it.
That said, the Luggage would be higher level than us for sure. It'd have to be at least high paragon tier, if not outright epic tier.
Try "Awoken & rampaging Tarrasque" tier.

@ Zthulan: Is your spirit pet visible/hearable only by you/similar "spirit sensitive" creatures, or can others see it on demand/during spellcasts & combat? I'm ruling that it is intelligent and somewhat sentient, but unable to actually speak and it acts like an animal most of the time (think "Angel Bunny").

Zthulan

The spirit beast obliges to Zthulan's request, and heads off into the tunnel. She'll probably take a few minutes to return.

Jeraylia

Insight -> 10 + 3 = 13

Judging from the mimic's current eagerness towards food, Jeraylia can see that attempting to hand-feed it would be as wise as disarming a bear trap with ones hand positioned between the metallic teeth. It probably won't try to outright attack, though.

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:09 pm

Anyone can see or attack the spirit companion, just a ghostly dragon floating through the tunnels. Unless the attack is really powerful (10+1/2 my level or more) it will dismiss my compainion and causes damage to me. If it doesn't meet that threshold it has no effect.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:11 pm

Azarune wrote:Unless the attack is really powerful (10+1/2 my level or more

Psst. You're level 1. Thats 11. That's not that hard.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:24 pm

I've chosen the flaw: Ridiculous Regarding: Mimics. Jeraylia believes that Chair mimics are just being considerate of weary adventurers, Wardrobe mimics are very fashionable and Chest mimics have a high sense of self worth.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:46 am

So should I assume she ignores her own insight check then and proceed, or will you react how you intended? (scolding etc)
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:43 pm

Oh, she hands feeds it. Yee-up. She'll even give it a pat while she does it. Let's see if she lucks the disarming. Nature roll or another diplomacy roll? I'm stuck on how to treat a sentient being without being too condescending XD.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:04 pm

Jeraylia

Chest Feeding -> 18

Jeraylia sticks her hand inside "maw" of the chest, dropping some more food into it. She withdraws her hand moments before the tooth-lined lid would have snapped shut on top of it, blissfully unaware of the consequences that would have entailed, had she not. As the chest gnashes its "mouth" in place a bit, as though chewing, she pats it on the top of its lid. The chest, satisfied with the meal, opens its lid slightly, causing a tongue to emerge and trail its teeth.

The chest then extends one if its arms towards the container Jeraylia pulled the rations from, attempting to grab it.

Sticky fingers -> 18 + 3 = 21
Jeraylia -> 16

It gets a solid grip of the entire container and pulls it away from Jeraylia. She manages to hold her own grip on it as well, however. Both of them pull on both sides, creating a "tug-of-war" situation.

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:43 pm

Skitter thinks about going over to help but instead has a fit of sniggering.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:09 pm

"Well, you look like you have that under control." Horizon makes his way across the room and joins Zthulan at the next tunnel. "Since she's busy with her new box friend, I guess I'll have to take point again. Torch, please." He grabs the torch from the shaman, and walks ahead into the tunnel.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:32 pm

Using his superior height Zthulan raises his torch arm higher, attempting to get it out of Horizon's reach."One moment Horizon, I sent Koras to scout ahead, unlike us damage done to her has very little repercussions for her performance. Besides, if she doesn't come back soon, then we can assume the tunnel is far reaching, and I would rather us face the darkness together." Sparing a quick glance towards the ranger Zthulan continues to wait for his partners return.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:57 pm

"What do you mean you sent a chorus down there?" Horizon had, so far, not taken note of the Spirit in any way. He reaches again for the torch. "You know the easiest way to get something that someone is holding out of reach? Break their knee so they can't stand up." As he watches Zthulan deliberately not look at him, Horizon grows annoyed. "Hey. Hey you." He begins poking him in the side. "Hey. Look at me. Hey look, hey. Woogedy Boogedy!" After a moment, he gives up. "Fine, we'll wait for the rest."

Forgot how we were doing the fonts and stuff. I assume Chorus and Koras are homophonic.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:17 am

Shaking his head at Horizon's remark he decides to turn back towards the ranger face. "Thank you, and no not a chorus, Koras. All shamans have a spiritual companion, Koras is mine. She is linked to me, anything that happens to her will affect me, so she is also in a sense a proximity alarm. Also I wouldn't suggest breaking my knees for such a trivial thing as a torch." He leans down slightly to whisper to Horizon. "Also it would make you look more petty than our kobold companion."
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:33 am

Was Skitter within hearing distance of that remark?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:42 am

"Hey Skitter, the Shaman just called you pretty. Oh no, wait, not pretty. Petty. He called you petty." Horizons grin would be painful to look at, if anyone could see it.

He did now.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:51 am

"Oh, maybe the shaman should find a dictionary and look that word up. I believe it applies a lot more to him than myself. Thank you for that important news Knifey. Glad to know you're useful for something." Skitter calls back with a smirk forming on his face.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:31 am

Meanwhile, an encounter that could decide the fate of the world continues...

"Hey, quit that you naughty little thing," Jeraylia says laughingly as the heavy creature almost tugs her off her feet. She almost casually begins taking a few key items out of her bag, as if this was a usual occurrence for her. After a second thought, she also grabs a satchel of flour. Letting go of the bag afterwards, she watches with adoration as the beast consumes her carry pack. "Such a hungry little fellow aren't you." She sits down beside it as it chews on the item, and continues to pat it while spouting diabetically sweet nonsense in the form of a tune.

Rellocated: three health pots, a small makeup kit, a flute, a couple of star stickers, a roll of bandage, and one small bag of flour. And some lint (ermas). Roll me another diplomacy, I feel a song coming on. What do you mean, I've had enough diplomacy rolls for today?
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:37 am

Awwww I wanna sticker! Gimme a sticker!
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:34 am

Though slightly worried about the repercussions Zthulan decides to take his defeat with what little dignity he can muster, by not making a comment. Deciding to finally discover what is going on he is witnessed to the situation behind him. "... Jeraylia... What are you doing?

Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next