Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monsters by Doc

4 posters

Go down

Monsters by Doc Empty Monsters by Doc

Post  Doc pseudopolis Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:34 am

Timberwolf – 15HP
Trait – pack instinct
Rather than standard 4 PiPs each timberwolf starts combat with PiPs equal to half the number of allied timberwolves in combat
[+1]Strike: Deal 1D4 damage to target.
[-2] Howl: Target ally gains a +2 bonus to their next attack

Albino timberwolf – 60HP
Trait – lone wolf
Hostile to other timberwolves in the combat while other timberwolves are hostile to it.
Trait – iron wood
Natural resist 1
[+2] Strike: Deal 1d4 damage to a target
[+1]Howl: Gains a +2 damage bonus to next attack
[0] Shake-off: Removes debuffs, can be used while stunned or as a reaction by paying 3 PiPs
[-3] Rake: Choose one: 1D8 damage to three targets, or 2d6 damage causing ongoing damage 2 to one target. If the user is bloodied they can pay one extra PiP to use both effects together.

When I come up with some more I'll post them if I feel brave enough.
Edit:
AlicornPriest wrote:
Interesting idea.
The only problem I have is that a natural Resist 3 is a lot. The opponents will barely chip away at something that strong.
Good point, iron wood changed from natural resist 3 to natural resist 1.

Last edited by Doc pseudopolis on Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:04 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : modified monster profile)

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Monsters by Doc Empty Re: Monsters by Doc

Post  AlicornPriest Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:58 am

Doc pseudopolis wrote:Timberwolf – 15HP
Trait – pack instinct
Rather than standard 4 PiPs each timberwolf starts combat with PiPs equal to half the number of allied timberwolves in combat
[+1]Strike: Deal 1D4 damage to target.
[-2] Howl: Target ally gains a +2 bonus to their next attack

Albino timberwolf – 60HP
Trait – lone wolf
Hostile to other timberwolves in the combat while other timberwolves are hostile to it.
Trait – iron wood
Natural resist 3
[+2] Strike: Deal 1d4 damage to a target
[+1]Howl: Gains a +2 damage bonus to next attack
[0] Shake-off: Removes debuffs, can be used while stunned or as a reaction by paying 3 PiPs
[-3] Rake: Choose one: 1D8 damage to three targets, or 2d6 damage causing ongoing damage 2 to one target. If the user is bloodied they can pay one extra PiP to use both effects together.

When I come up with some more I'll post them if I feel brave enough.
Interesting idea.
The only problem I have is that a natural Resist 3 is a lot. The opponents will barely chip away at something that strong.
AlicornPriest
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:25 pm

I like em, but with that little damage, how many of these should a group of players face? 2 times their number? I'm just curious because I plan on running a bunch of monster through test combat and timberwolves are a neat monster.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:37 am

SilentBelle wrote:I like em, but with that little damage, how many of these should a group of players face? 2 times their number? I'm just curious because I plan on running a bunch of monster through test combat and timberwolves are a neat monster.
Sounds about right, they are pretty much tougher mooks that can buff each other.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:38 pm

Yay! Someone made Timberwolves! They were one of my favorite creatures from season 2. They look good, too.

Doc pseudopolis wrote:
Albino timberwolf – 60HP
Trait – lone wolf
How exactly would this work? Does it mean that if you use, say, Misdirection to redirect another wolf's attack to hit the albino wolf that the albino wolf now becomes hostile to the wolf that attacked it? How long would the effect last, all battle or just one turn?
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:28 pm

Philadelphus wrote:Yay! Someone made Timberwolves! They were one of my favorite creatures from season 2. They look good, too.

Doc pseudopolis wrote:
Albino timberwolf – 60HP
Trait – lone wolf
How exactly would this work? Does it mean that if you use, say, Misdirection to redirect another wolf's attack to hit the albino wolf that the albino wolf now becomes hostile to the wolf that attacked it? How long would the effect last, all battle or just one turn?
Essentially the combat is 3-way, Albino timberwolf vs. regular vs. PCs, as long as both the albino and regular timberwolves are part of the combat. The same would if there was 2+ albinos rather than an albino and a regular.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down