Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign)

+9
Philadelphus
Appkes
AProcrastinatingWriter
Quietkal
XandZero2
Demonu
Brony 7 of 9
Cardbo
The Warrior of Many Faces
13 posters

Page 9 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 28  Next

Go down

Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign) - Page 9 Empty Re: Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign)

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:30 pm

Cardbo wrote:Does Dodge Junction have anything like a telegraph? Or even better, a phone? What the technology level in your equestria?

As a rule of thumb, if you don't see it in the show, it's not commonly available. That said, there are some particularly clever individuals who have technology above and beyond the normal such as, say, a robot duplicate (Sweetie Bot!). It wouldn't be odd for Cheese to have something like that, being rich and all, although for now I'm going to have to limit you to one such item to be preapproved by me.

That said, no telephones/graphs. Most places have a unicorn who can send scrolls, so there was really never much of a need for them.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign) - Page 9 Empty Re: Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign)

Post  Cardbo Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:15 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:

As a rule of thumb, if you don't see it in the show, it's not commonly available. That said, there are some particularly clever individuals who have technology above and beyond the normal such as, say, a robot duplicate (Sweetie Bot!). It wouldn't be odd for Cheese to have something like that, being rich and all, although for now I'm going to have to limit you to one such item to be preapproved by me.

That said, no telephones/graphs. Most places have a unicorn who can send scrolls, so there was really never much of a need for them.

Ok, thats fine. If I were looking for such a unicorn, would I typically find them in the local post office?
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:34 pm

Cardbo wrote:

Ok, thats fine. If I were looking for such a unicorn, would I typically find them in the local post office?

Typically, yes. There isn't exactly a typical post office here, however, so you'll have to ask around to see who does the sending around here.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:50 pm

Party full for this?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:51 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Party full for this?

Sorry, but yes, we're full.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:51 pm

Oh well, I'll just have to find a different RP to join.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:25 pm

OOC:Sorry, that was a bit of jerk move. Appkes and Demonu, if you want we can swing back later on and you can rejoin.
No problem. I can understand the frustration of being the one able to post the much without the others following suit.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:34 pm

I had another idea to request that Wheel Mercantile send an expert on fungi out here.

Basically the idea I had was this.
These are mushrooms are obviously an unknown species.
They are possibly hazardous to pony health
They can live on organic and inorganic matter.

Since this is a new species of mushroom, its possible they might be edible, or have magical properties, in which case they could be cultivated, and might serve as an additional export for Dodge Junction, thus increasing the town's economy.

Now I was thinking that possibly Zebulon could perform an analysis on the mushroom, otherwise I could probably ask that a fungi expert be sent out.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:35 pm

Zeb's no expert, but he does use natural remedies as opposed to fancy-schmancy Canterlot technology. He could have a look if it's brought up enough.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:39 pm

Cardbo wrote:I had another idea to request that Wheel Mercantile send an expert on fungi out here.

Since this is a new species of mushroom, its possible they might be edible, or have magical properties, in which case they could be cultivated, and might serve as an additional export for Dodge Junction, thus increasing the town's economy.

Now I was thinking that possibly Zebulon could perform an analysis on the mushroom, otherwise I could probably ask that a fungi expert be sent out.

Go ahead and edit that into the post if you want, assuming you haven't done that already.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:45 pm

Cardbo wrote:I had another idea to request that Wheel Mercantile send an expert on fungi out here.

Go ahead and edit that into the post if you want, assuming you haven't done that already.

Ok Cheese is going to ask for a Fungi Expert, but he'll also ask Zeb to take a look at the mushrooms, also.

EDIT: Edited IC post.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:32 pm

Do we have to go back and get some mushrooms for study, or can we retroactively say we got a few? I don't remember if we actually picked some mushrooms up.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:42 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:Do we have to go back and get some mushrooms for study, or can we retroactively say we got a few? I don't remember if we actually picked some mushrooms up.

We may have to go back. Cheese's orignal impression was that they weren't suitable for eating, so he probably wouldn't take any with him. Also, do we need any tools? Glassware? Scalpel? I'm assuming Zebulon has those?
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:37 pm

Zebulon's got doctor's materials, but nothing specifically made to study fungi.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:18 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Dextor sees the register: the names he catches are Mr. Wrecker and crew, Time Turner, Ditzy Doo, Miss Kitty, and a Mr. Howler.
Ditzy's staying at the Roach Motel, not the Mareiot, and Zeb only knows she's in town, not where she's staying. Ditzy breaking his wall is a reasonable conclusion, but not one that can be reached with that logic.

Yes, her name is on the Roach Motel Register, but you also heard her crash into something before, when you were planning in your room. Puzzling, isn't it? I believe that's all of your points addressed.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:21 am

Anyone mind if I just skip back to the Roach Motel?
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:51 am

I don't, but Barabas and Dextor are still there.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:48 am

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:I don't, but Barabas and Dextor are still there.

Yes, that's true, so your arrival at the Roach Motel is probably going to be delayed somewhat until Barabus and Dextor have actually done something.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:35 pm

Okay, seems like Appkes/Barabus isn't coming online any time soon and my initial plan hinged on convincing him to accompany Dextor. If he's not going to respond quickly, I'll have to fall back on plan B.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:58 pm

Sorry, I'd already posted that offer to exchange life stories before I'd read you were wanting to skip to the hotel. Embarassed

On the plus side, I left a little loophole in so it's pretty easy for Cheese Wheel to exclaim "No time, already here!" and we're there.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:37 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Sorry, I'd already posted that offer to exchange life stories before I'd read you were wanting to skip to the hotel. Embarassed

Sorry, I probably missed it before.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:54 pm

Nah, I honestly did. Posted it, came to this topic, whoops! Oh well.

Also, this is secretly Blackhawk all the time:

Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign) - Page 9 Monkey_D_Luffy
"Someday, I'm gonna be KING OF THE PIRATES!"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:06 am

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Nah, I honestly did. Posted it, came to this topic, whoops! Oh well.

Also, this is secretly Blackhawk all the time:

Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign) - Page 9 Monkey_D_Luffy
"Someday, I'm gonna be KING OF THE PIRATES!"

"Wait! Wait. So Blackhawk isn't a robot, but he is made of rubber?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:29 am

No, this is secretly Blackhawk the whole time.

Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign) - Page 9 Luffyt10
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:02 pm

I'm really, really busy with my work at the moment, and I'm not able to post frequently enough to stay as an active member in the RP.

Barabus might have to become an NPC for the next new weeks, while I deal with my huge workload.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 28  Next