Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign)

+9
Philadelphus
Appkes
AProcrastinatingWriter
Quietkal
XandZero2
Demonu
Brony 7 of 9
Cardbo
The Warrior of Many Faces
13 posters

Page 21 of 28 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24 ... 28  Next

Go down

Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign) - Page 21 Empty Re: Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign)

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:35 pm

Appkes wrote:I've always thought the Assist thing is stupid. As far as written, it states you have to BEAT theDC you are assisting against - for a measly + 2.

And don't forget the +6 I completely forgot to add at first

Really? I thought it was you had to beat the other guy's roll.

Where's the +6 coming from again? I don't remember...
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign) - Page 21 Empty Re: Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign)

Post  Cardbo Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:40 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
Appkes wrote:I've always thought the Assist thing is stupid. As far as written, it states you have to BEAT theDC you are assisting against - for a measly + 2.

Its a little unclear. I though you had to beat an easy difficulty(DC - 15) to assist.

EDIT:Anyway, I don't think it makes much sense to have to beat the other guys roll. If you do beat the other guys roll, why not just use the higher roll, then?
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:13 pm

@the player just rolls any check that might help (for example, if assisting with lockpicking the player might roll for Mechanics to help with the picking or History to provide a knowledge of locks). If the assisting player beats the DC, they provide a +2 bonus"
Quoted directly from the Gdoc.

The 6 is my mechanics skill for the assist check.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:19 pm

Cardbo wrote:

Its a little unclear. I though you had to beat an easy difficulty(DC - 15) to assist.

EDIT:Anyway, I don't think it makes much sense to have to beat the other guys roll. If you do beat the other guys roll, why not just use the higher roll, then?

Well, if you're not doing any better than the guy doing it, how are you supposed to assist? (I personally interpreted beating the roll to mean equaling it at least, so you'd have to at least know as much as the other person to help out). The official rules where you beat the DC aren't any better. Beating an Easy difficulty could work... it proves you at least know something about it and can deal with the easier stuff... let's go with that. In which case Barabus provides a +2 to the check (even though the bomb was disarmed anyway).
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:21 pm

Alright, if the bomb is disarmed, thats probably okay. We've messed around with this enough already.

On a side, do we get any Harmony for the day?
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:24 pm

XP for the XP god! Harmony for the DM Throne!
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:29 pm

Yes, you definitely deserve quite a bit of Harmony for all of this. You all get 1999 Harmony, just shy of level 3. (The reason for this being that you all need to decide on a boon before I can figure out how to work it into the story.)
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:32 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Yes, you definitely deserve quite a bit of Harmony for all of this. You all get 1999 Harmony, just shy of level 3. (The reason for this being that you all need to decide on a boon before I can figure out how to work it into the story.)

Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:36 pm

Traits:
Pacifist
Die Another Day

Utility:
Pinkie's Brew (Not the "Get Unicorn Talents" version - this thing)
Pinkie's Brew:

Boon: My vote's for Adorable Assistant or Friend in High Places.

Last edited by Brony 7 of 9 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:40 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Yes, you definitely deserve quite a bit of Harmony for all of this. You all get 1999 Harmony, just shy of level 3. (The reason for this being that you all need to decide on a boon before I can figure out how to work it into the story.)
Is Kal included in this? He sort of missed a good bit of action.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:44 pm

Would level Barabus up, but Gdrive is being stupid.

Edit: back up now
Traits: Dangerous, Die Another Day
Utility Talent:

Boon Vote: Ship. Now you may say, 'wait, why would we want a ship, this campaign is land based?' well, say that no longer. I present:
The Land-ship!
Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign) - Page 21 DarklingPlain

Last edited by Appkes on Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:55 pm

Appkes wrote:Would level Barabus up, but Gdrive is being stupid.

Its back up now.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:00 pm

20% cooler
Crushing Blow

@7/9 There's only 1 combat trait gained from level 2...
@womf, does Kal get less as he went to sleep when that whole fighting doom and dismantling the doom-bot happened? Answered.

Last edited by Quietkal on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:01 pm

Quietkal wrote:
Is Kal included in this? He sort of missed a good bit of action.

Yes, Kal is included, since I'm pretty sure the whole party gets Harmony.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:07 pm

Combat Traits
Talented - Draw Blood

Utility Talent
Freaky Knowledge - Artifacts, Bomb Disarming
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:10 pm

Cardbo wrote:Utility Talent

LOL LOL LOL
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:24 pm

I Claim the Derp!
Because A: versatility
and B: Hilarious failure potential
(Derp
Rolling a 2 or 3 counts as a critical failure the same way rolling a 1 usually does. You begin the day with an additional Magic Point.)

For le combat:
Talented.
With which I choose:
[-10] Blaze (Royal Command)
You and up to four allies can take a Standard Action. If that action deals damage, it deals 1d8 additional damage.

I was going to suggest an assistant with bomb disarming skill for boon, but that's been filled Razz
With that said, either a Friend in High Places, or a Wondrous Treasure would be nice
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:27 pm

Cardbo wrote:Utility Talent

LOL LOL LOL

Yes. Well, its a good idea.

Anyway, as for the Level3 Boon, I suggest either Adorable Assistant or Wondrous Treasure. We might run across something soon. Or remodel the Doombot into a Wondrous Treasure or Adorable Assistant. The Adorable part may need some work, there.

kajisora wrote:I Claim the Derp!
Because A: versatility
and B: Hilarious failure potential
(Derp
Rolling a 2 or 3 counts as a critical failure the same way rolling a 1 usually does. You begin the day with an additional Magic Point.)

Alright, but no more thermite, okay?

Last edited by Cardbo on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:32 pm

By the way, what do we do with the robot? do we have to roll to extract the parts we found, or did we acquire them while we were poking around?
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:33 pm

kajisora wrote:By the way, what do we do with the robot? do we have to roll to extract the parts we found, or did we acquire them while we were poking around?

You'll have to roll Mechanics to get any useful stuff out without damaging it.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:39 pm

Cardbo wrote:Alright, but no more thermite, okay?
Thermite? We might have access to LASERS soon! ^^
No worries, I'm not planning on any such actions.

Also, does Cheese have a magic point left?
If so, Might be best to use that on a mechanics check for the doomparts before everyone goes to sleep
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:42 pm

kajisora wrote:
Cardbo wrote:Alright, but no more thermite, okay?
Thermite? We might have access to LASERS soon! ^^
No worries, I'm not planning on any such actions.

Also, does Cheese have a magic point left?
If so, Might be best to use that on a mechanics check for the doomparts before everyone goes to sleep

Nope. Cheese used his earlier for Tons of Fun.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:41 am

As far as I remember thatwas yesterday.

Also Vote for the Land Ship!
Why? In a hangar on the edge of town, a door has been left open. Inside, is one of Doom's secret Landships.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:06 am

Appkes wrote:As far as I remember thatwas yesterday.

Why? In a hangar on the edge of town, a door has been left open. Inside, is one of Doom's secret Landships.
Landships are awesome, but are we actually going anywhere?
I would assume we're not actually going after doom himself yet (he's probably laughing at our antics in his castle of doomy DOOM, all the way from Latveria), and for most areas in equestria we can just use the railroads.
Besides, of the lvl 9 boons (assuming we get to that level), the airship seems the most interesting: that would make the ship kinda outdated.
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:26 pm

kajisora wrote:
Appkes wrote:As far as I remember thatwas yesterday.

Landships are awesome, but are we actually going anywhere?
I would assume we're not actually going after doom himself yet (he's probably laughing at our antics in his castle of doomy DOOM, all the way from Latveria), and for most areas in equestria we can just use the railroads.
Besides, of the lvl 9 boons (assuming we get to that level), the airship seems the most interesting: that would make the ship kinda outdated.

If we're going to go the ship, route, why not go with airship? We could get a Zepplin or a blimp or something.

Forgot this is a level 9 boon.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 28 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24 ... 28  Next