Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Investigators of the Odd

+3
Demonu
Quietkal
The Warrior of Many Faces
7 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Investigators of the Odd - Page 35 Empty Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Cardbo Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:26 am

OOC: Perception Check
Roll(1d20)+9:
11,+9
Total:20

Cheese is using
[-6] Misaimed Blow(Judo Throw)
Fling target creature away from the battle, removing it from combat until the end of its next turn (a creature removed from combat cannot affect any other creature in the battle with combat talents or be affected by any combat talents - though it may still use [+] abilities to gain PiPs). You may choose to deal 3d12 damage to a creature thrown this way.

IC: Cheese's hooves begin to glow and he moves them around dramatically as he stands on his rear legs. "Alright, now you face my 'Super Ultra Mambo-Tango-Foxtrot' martial arts." He lunges toward the white one, trips, but still manages to hit him, sending him flying.

OOC:Roll(3d12)+0:
11,6,11,+0
Total:28

(0 Pips, 28 HP, Feeling Fine)

Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:28 am

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:There's a certain creed that doctors go by - "Do no harm." Zebulon found a loophole in that - others do harm for you. Hearing the purple pony scream out, Zebulon turned from his task and pushed the purple pony to the side, directing him elsewhere.

HP - 30, PiPs - 3. Let me know if Misdirection works differently.

As a result of Zebulon's quick thinking, the purple pony's crowbar smashes into his white compatriot, who immediately drops.

"Um... oops?"

Cardbo wrote:OOC: Perception Check
Roll(1d20)+9:
11,+9

Cheese is using
Fling target creature away from the battle, removing it from combat until the end of its next turn (a creature removed from combat cannot affect any other creature in the battle with combat talents or be affected by any combat talents - though it may still use [+] abilities to gain PiPs). You may choose to deal 3d12 damage to a creature thrown this way.

IC: Cheese's hooves begin to glow and he moves them around dramatically as he stands on his rear legs. "Alright, now you face my 'Super Ultra Mambo-Tango-Foxtrot' martial arts." He lunges toward the white one, trips, but still manages to hit him, sending him flying.

11,6,11,+0

[The white one just fell unconscious, so Cheese will have to pick a new target.]

Cheese, thanks to his night vision, can see a small cat racing towards the entrance.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:37 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
Roll(1d20)+9:
11,+9

Cheese is using

11,6,11,+0

[The white one just fell unconscious, so Cheese will have to pick a new target.]

As the white one goes down, the momentum carries him past him and his blow slams into Yellow2

Cheese, thanks to his night vision, can see a small cat racing towards the entrance.

"We've got another cat. They're probably planning on blowing up the cave entrance!"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:41 pm

Cardbo wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
Roll(1d20)+9:
11,+9

Cheese is using

11,6,11,+0

As the white one goes down, the momentum carries him past him and his blow slams into Yellow2

"We've got another cat. They're probably planning on blowing up the cave entrance!"

[Final Initiative Order: Zebulon, Kal, Purple, Cheese, Blackhawk, Cat, Barabus, White, Yellow2. Blackhawk acts after this post.]

The second yellow pony is hit about twenty feet into the wall. Obviously dazed and groaning, it's clear he's not going to be doing much for a little bit.]
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:50 pm

Spoiler:

Blackhawk swiveled his head this way and that, desperately looking for a kitty which might or might not actually be attempting to blow everypony sky-high. "Where is it, where is it..." he mumbled to himself, preparing to spring into a strike at the first thing he saw that was vaguely feline in nature. Or just dangerous-looking.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:55 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:
Spoiler:

Blackhawk swiveled his head this way and that, desperately looking for a kitty which might or might not actually be attempting to blow everypony sky-high. "Where is it, where is it..." he mumbled to himself, preparing to spring into a strike at the first thing he saw that was vaguely feline in nature. Or just dangerous-looking.

Blackhawk doesn't spy the cat, although Cheese does catch a glimpse of it just running out of the mine with no attempts to blow up. Evidently the cat was meaning only to escape.

Meanwhile, Barabus punches the purple pony, sending him reeling.

The second yellow pony, meanwhile, manages to recover and begins staggering his way out of the wall.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:59 pm

Seeing as how he's vulnerable while tending to Kal, Zebulon instead turns to the last remaining enemy. "Do no harm" can also be justified as an "emergency blood transfusion," which it seemed like Barabas needed. Injecting a needle into the yellow pony, Zebulon quickly tosses healing salve to Barabas before extracting some blood and removing the needle.

Siphon Life - 4 damage to Wrecker and 4 HP healed to Barabas.
30 HP, 4 PiPs
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:02 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:Seeing as how he's vulnerable while tending to Kal, Zebulon instead turns to the last remaining enemy. "Do no harm" can also be justified as an "emergency blood transfusion," which it seemed like Barabas needed. Injecting a needle into the yellow pony, Zebulon quickly tosses healing salve to Barabas before extracting some blood and removing the needle.

Siphon Life - 4 damage to Wrecker and 4 HP healed to Barabas.
30 HP, 4 PiPs

"I was fine, though," says Barabus, a little confused. However, since he was still a little bruised, he applied the healing salve anyway.

"Hey, my blood!" Wrecker says indignantly (oh, how glad I am that I no longer have to refer to him as the purple pony). "Gimme that back!"
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:26 pm

The ropes now loose, Kal tries to maneuver out of them (and take off the blindfold once his limbs are free)
Random number (1,20) : 6
+7
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:30 pm

Quietkal wrote:The ropes now loose, Kal tries to maneuver out of them (and take off the blindfold once his limbs are free)
Random number (1,20) : 19
+7

While Kal can feel the ropes loosening, he hasn't managed to free himself yet.

Wrecker charges at Barabus, swinging his crowbar but only managing to clip the minotaur.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:43 pm

OOC: [+1] Point Out (Call the Target)
Target enemy gains vulnerability 2 until the end of your next turn..

IC: "Hey! Wrecker doesn't have a beard!"

(Pips:1 HP: 28 Feeling: Fine)

EDIT: OOC: Perception. Who of our team is the most injured?
Roll(1d20)+9:
19,+9
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:58 pm

Blackhawk cracked his neck once, looking around vaguely for his next target. He spotted one, but not in the way he was thinking.

"Kal!" the hippogriff shouted, streaking towards the prone griffin. "Oh, dude...you ain't lookin' so hot. Here, lemme..."

And without really finishing his sentence, Blackhawk began ripping and tearing at the ropes with his beak and talons.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:25 pm

Cardbo wrote:OOC: [+1] Point Out (Call the Target)
Target enemy gains vulnerability 2 until the end of your next turn..

(Pips:1 HP: 28 Feeling: Fine)

EDIT: OOC: Perception. Who of our team is the most injured?
Roll(1d20)+9:
19,+9

[Kal is looking fairly battered, but other than that, everyone except Cheese himself seems to be in fine form.]

"Oh, would you shut up?!" Wrecker yells at Cheese.

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Blackhawk cracked his neck once, looking around vaguely for his next target. He spotted one, but not in the way he was thinking.

"Kal!" the hippogriff shouted, streaking towards the prone griffin. "Oh, dude...you ain't lookin' so hot. Here, lemme..."

And without really finishing his sentence, Blackhawk began ripping and tearing at the ropes with his beak and talons.

Spoiler:

With the previous loosening of the ropes, Blackhawk succeeds the first time in getting Kal untied (although he's still blindfolded; Kal, treat it as if you're Blinded {save ends}).

Barabus charges at Wrecker and punches him in the face, making Wrecker step back a couple times as he recovers. However, the yellow pony, having finally rejoined the battle, smashes Barabus with his ball and chain, causing Barabus to mimic Wrecker almost exactly.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:54 pm

Cardbo wrote:
"Your powers of deduction know no bounds."

Zebulon quickly applies healing salve to Kal as the griffon is freed.

Healing Salve - 1d10 (4) + 3 = 7. I'm pretty sure that Kal needs healing, but if he's at full health, Barabas is the target.

30 HP, 5 PiPs

Last edited by Brony 7 of 9 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:56 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:Zebulon quickly applies healing salve to Kal as the griffon is freed.

Healing Salve - 1d10 (4) + 3 = 7. I'm pretty sure that Kal needs healing, but if he's at full health, Barabas is the target.

[Kal needs the healing, that's no secret.]
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:44 pm

Kal offers a mumbling thanks. "I had my own plan in action...but it's good that you showed up anyway."
((+3 Rustle their Feathers (Draw Blood) ))
"Hey Wrecker, I freaked you out with some lies and a bendy straw."

((23 hp, 3 PiP, Feeling: somewhat embarrassed and ready to call it a night))
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:20 pm

Quietkal wrote:Kal offers a mumbling thanks. "I had my own plan in action...but it's good that you showed up anyway."
((+3 Rustle their Feathers (Draw Blood) ))
"Hey Wrecker, I freaked you out with some lies and a bendy straw."

((23 hp, 3 PiP, Feeling: somewhat embarrassed and ready to call it a night))

"You what?!" yells Wrecker. "I'll kill you!" He charges at Kal and smashes him with the crowbar (8 damage).
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:35 pm

OOC:
[+1] Wheel Merchantile Brand Healing Salve (Healing Salve)
Target ally regains 1d10+3 hp.

IC: "Heads up Kal!" Cheese tosses him healing potion. Its labeled "Wheel Mercantile Old Timey Healing Elixir"

(Pips: 2 HP: 28 Feeling: Fine)

OOC: Heals
Roll(1d10)+3:
9,+3
Total:12
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:07 am

Blackhawk watched the crowbar smack into Kal's head with an unexaggerated, dull sort of thwack.

Another echoing wind filled the tunnel.

Blackhawk turned slowly to Wrecker. "Pal," he said in a quiet voice, stepping forward, and beginning to...vibrate. Not just moving back and forth, but outright vibrating. "You just made a pretty big mistake right there. You caught me off guard an' all, and I admit you're pretty quick. But me?"

Another step forward, and the vibrations seemed to move away from Blackhawk before coalescing into a familiar form: blue goggles over eagle eyes, black feathers on brown, and a whitely-feathered cutie mark. It was a second Blackhawk, and it looked just as angry as the first. "I'm the fastest thing alive."

The copy of Blackhawk spreads protective wings over Kal, planting its hooves and talons harshly in the soot below it. The air around Kal shimmers slightly, and the second Blackhawk becomes slightly less "real" - still solid, but one almost feels like they could see through it if they squinted.

Spoiler:

AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:15 am

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Blackhawk watched the crowbar smack into Kal's head with an unexaggerated, dull sort of thwack.

Another echoing wind filled the tunnel.

Blackhawk turned slowly to Wrecker. "Pal," he said in a quiet voice, stepping forward, and beginning to...vibrate. Not just moving back and forth, but outright vibrating. "You just made a pretty big mistake right there. You caught me off guard an' all, and I admit you're pretty quick. But me?"

Another step forward, and the vibrations seemed to move away from Blackhawk before coalescing into a familiar form: blue goggles over eagle eyes, black feathers on brown, and a whitely-feathered cutie mark. It was a second Blackhawk, and it looked just as angry as the first. "I'm the fastest thing alive."

The copy of Blackhawk spreads protective wings over Kal, planting its hooves and talons harshly in the soot below it. The air around Kal shimmers slightly, and the second Blackhawk becomes slightly less "real" - still solid, but one almost feels like they could see through it if they squinted.

Spoiler:

Wrecker is unimpressed. "I don't care what fancy tricks you can do! I'll kill you all! And I'm gonna make it-UGH!" A punch from Barabus interrupts Wrecker, making him look a little dazed.

"AAAHH!" yells the apparently-forgotten yellow pony, swinging his ball and chain to attack Cheese (8 damage).
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:19 am

Zebulon turns to the latest threat to Kal and injects another syringe, drawing more blood as he tends to Kal's wounds.

Siphon Life: 1d8 = 6 damage to Not-Wrecker and 6 HP healed to Kal.

30 HP, 6 PiPs
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:22 am

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:Zebulon turns to the latest threat to Kal and injects another syringe, drawing more blood as he tends to Kal's wounds.

Siphon Life: 1d8 = 6 damage to Not-Wrecker and 6 HP healed to Kal.

30 HP, 6 PiPs

The yellow pony groans and passes out from loss of blood.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:34 am

[OOC: None of the following is a standard action. Therefore, none of the following has any in-battle effect.]

Blackhawk watched Wrecker stumble back a few steps, letting out a gentle breath. A moment of listening to hooves on soot later, and he turned both his heads to his griffin...friend? "Yo, what's up?" Blackhawk said, a big smile on his face.

Blackhawk number two seemed a bit more worried as he turned his head back to Kal, too. "No concussions or anythin', right?" A moment of thought. "How many claws am I holding up?" he asked, Blackhawk number one holding up a single talon, two claws extended.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:00 am

((Zebulon apparently heals Kal while he's at full health. Also, you guys are really good at hitting Kal right in his pride.))
((Less dramatic, I also realized that I need some attacks that either aren't super expensive or make it so that I'll KO all of you.))
((Somewhat dramatic, I just realized we never took Kal's blindfold off.))

It was bad enough that Cheese's miracle-goop just splashed all over him, but this apparition that the half-breed conjured pushes Kal over the edge. Kal rips off the blindfold and slaps Zeb's hooves away as they go to touch him,. "DAMMIT GUYS I'M FINE."
He turns and faces Wrecker, and says in a low, menacing tone. "Which is more than I can say for you."
((-2 Divine Spark (Chain Lightning) ))
A spark shines deep in Kal's eyes, immediately followed by a bolt of lightning leaping from Kal to Wrecker.
Spoiler:
((30 hitpoints, 1 PiP, no status))
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:06 am

Quietkal wrote:((Zebulon apparently heals Kal while he's at full health. Also, you guys are really good at hitting Kal right in his pride.))
((Less dramatic, I also realized that I need some attacks that either aren't super expensive or make it so that I'll KO all of you.))
((Somewhat dramatic, I just realized we never took Kal's blindfold off.))

It was bad enough that Cheese's miracle-goop just splashed all over him, but this apparition that the half-breed conjured pushes Kal over the edge. Kal rips off the blindfold and slaps Zeb's hooves away as they go to touch him,. "DAMMIT GUYS I'M FINE."
He turns and faces Wrecker, and says in a low, menacing tone. "Which is more than I can say for you."
((-2 Divine Spark (Chain Lightning) ))
A spark shines deep in Kal's eyes, immediately followed by a bolt of lightning leaping from Kal to Wrecker.
Spoiler:
((30 hitpoints, 1 PiP, no status))

[I take it that you forgot that the blindfold counted as the blinded status, but this is dramatically effective, so I'll let it slide.]

Wrecker moans in pain, then drops, slipping into unconsciousness.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next