Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Investigators of the Odd

+3
Demonu
Quietkal
The Warrior of Many Faces
7 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Investigators of the Odd - Page 19 Empty Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Cardbo Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:19 am

Cheese watches as Kal leaves the room.

"Well, thats that. Let mosey on over to the roach motel."
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:19 am

Quietkal wrote:"I've been around the block before, and if Looker can do anything as well as he investigates I should be fine."
Kal stares at the others briefly before continuing. "I'm calling him incompetent. You all take the hippogriff, you're more likely to run into trouble."
Kal then proceeds out of the room and towards the lobby.
Let's start with asking the lobby attendant if Looker is lodged here.

Said lobby attendant, in response to Kal's query, replies that Looker has not rented a room at the Mareiot.

"However," he says, an eyebrow raised, "what could you possibly need that information for?"
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:30 am

((Man, I cannot figure out how (mentally) old I'm trying to make Kalvin. Enh, I'm sure you haven't noticed.))
"Well, I'm a budding news reporter, and I saw Mr Looker on the train, and I wanted to ask if he could mentor me some. Is there somewhere else in town where he might have found lodging?"
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:32 am

Quietkal wrote:((Man, I cannot figure out how (mentally) old I'm trying to make Kalvin. Enh, I'm sure you haven't noticed.))
"Well, I'm a budding news reporter, and I saw Mr Looker on the train, and I wanted to ask if he could mentor me some. Is there somewhere else in town where he might have found lodging?"

Satisfied with this answer, the attendant replies, "Only the Roach Motel." He wrinkled his nose and continued, "Only the truly desperate or the truly broke stay there, however."
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:43 am

((You know, it's almost like we're all supposed to be at the Roach Motel on this night. Weird how things fall into place like that.))
"Hmm. Alright, thank you. Have a nice night!" Kal heads out the door, then flies over to the Roach Motel.
Ugh. Why anyone would choose to stay there is beyond me. Looker might be there because it's "closer to the action," as the name implies a certain seediness to any actions there. At any rate, I should get there separately from the others. There's already enough species moving together to arouse suspicion.
((I can roll a Stunts for speed if you want, but Kal's not exactly trying to get there super-fast.))
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:45 am

Quietkal wrote:((You know, it's almost like we're all supposed to be at the Roach Motel on this night. Weird how things fall into place like that.))
"Hmm. Alright, thank you. Have a nice night!" Kal heads out the door, then flies over to the Roach Motel.
Ugh. Why anyone would choose to stay there is beyond me. Looker might be there because it's "closer to the action," as the name implies a certain seediness to any actions there. At any rate, I should get there separately from the others. There's already enough species moving together to arouse suspicion.
((I can roll a Stunts for speed if you want, but Kal's not exactly trying to get there super-fast.))

[Actually, it's all a big coincidence, doubtless borne of the fact that I made this town super-small. XD

As for the whole Stunts thing, since Kal's not trying for anything fancy or difficult, you needn't roll for his flight there.]
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:06 am

Cardbo wrote:Cheese watches as Kal leaves the room.

"Well, thats that. Let mosey on over to the roach motel."

Blackhawk nodded, beginning an exaggerated mosey out of the room.

It was exactly as awkward-looking as it sounded.

And it served to cover up how badly being called an "incompetent" made Blackhawk feel. If you will pardon the bluntness.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:32 am

Zebulon heads out to the Roach Motel. It's slow going, as his attempts to get around Blackhawk's exaggerated mosey are in vain.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:36 pm

Cheese follows Blackhawk's mosey with a mosey of his own.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:12 pm

Cardbo wrote:Cheese follows Blackhawk's mosey with a mosey of his own.
Dextor shrugged his shoulders and joined in on the collective mosey.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:56 pm

Barabus joins in, making it a mosey-mosey-mosey-mosey-this-is-out-of-hand-b'doesey.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:09 pm

[And thus poor Zebulon becomes the only sane one. XD Well, him and Kal.]

Kal arrives at the Roach Motel first. The wood building was damp, dark, and had several mushrooms growing in a few places. Overall, it looked rather unattractive and, to paraphrase a certain CMC, "Somepony needs to put this place out of its misery."

However, before Kal has time to go inside, the rest of the party arrives.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:35 pm

"We meet again strange griffin whom I've never seen before. Pray tell, what is your name?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:41 pm

Kal takes a breath in to respond, but decides that it's better to just shake his head, sigh, and step inside.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:17 pm

Kal enters the lobby, a room that redefines "filthy". Crud of every imaginable color lines the walls, floor, and ceiling, making it appear as though the inside of the building is actually made out of accumulated gunk. White mushrooms grow out of the crud almost everywhere, as well as out of the weak-looking doors and the one solitary, fragile-looking desk in the center of the room. Behind the desk is a brown unicorn with a green mane, attempting to use magic to clean his glasses, which are also growing mushrooms in a highly improbable manner Since he is occupied cleaning his glasses, he hasn't seen you yet. His Cutie Mark is a spoon dripping with grease.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:22 pm

Zebulon, finally able to get to a position where he's not being blocked by some mosier or another, enters the hotel and looks around. It could be worse. It could be in New Herdsey. Zebulon sets his saddle bag down and goes through it, pulling out leftover bread and jam and gets to work. Breaking the bread into small crumbs, Zebulon carefully puts jam on each crumb and sets the crumbs down in a line before stepping a few feet back and waiting.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:24 pm

Waiting was far from necessary: the moment Zebulon took out the bread and opened the jam, the cockroaches came from under the muck and swarmed Zebulon. The bread was gone quickly, and the jam followed shortly, although several cockroaches were still swarming Zebulon looking for more food.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:26 pm

After a moment, Cheese pony shrugs and enters the Roach Motel.

He takes a look at one of the mushrooms. "Wonder if these are the type that make you grow bigger.." Looking at the mushroom, he tries to size up the brown unicorn at the same time.

OOC:History check on the mushroom
Roll(1d20)+17:
4,+17
Total:21

OOC:Perception Check on the brown unicorn.
Roll(1d20)+13:
4,+13
Total:17
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:26 pm

JAM! Very Happy
I could ruin whatever you're planning with that jam but I'd rather not.

Dextor looked around inside the hotel. He needed to find Dr. Doom's meeting room, he had to find it fast and without anyone noticing it. That was, until he saw the hoard of cockroaches assaulting Zebulon.

"Need some help there?"
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:28 pm

Zebulon creepily doesn't react to cockroaches crawling all over him, as if he's so focused on getting them to talk that he doesn't have time to notice that he's covered in bugs.

"If you enjoy the taste, I can get more, but only if you listen to my stor'," said Zebulon, classily cutting off a word to make iambic pentameter work. "I know that it is food that you desire, but there is a favor that I require. Will you thus help quench my curious fire?"

OOC: Using Animal Speak if that wasn't clear enough.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:35 pm

Cardbo wrote:After a moment, Cheese pony shrugs and enters the Roach Motel.

He takes a look at one of the mushrooms. "Wonder if these are the type that make you grow bigger.." Looking at the mushroom, he tries to size up the brown unicorn at the same time.

OOC:History check on the mushroom
Roll(1d20)+17:
4,+17
Total:21

OOC:Perception Check on the brown unicorn.
Roll(1d20)+13:
4,+13
Total:17

[You don't think the mushroom has any magical properties, but you're not entirely sure. You do think that you recognize the mushroom as being one listed in the "do not eat" category, however, which may indicate poison or a magical property you don't recall.

You don't glean much on the unicorn, but you're pretty sure cleanliness is not his strong suit.]

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:Zebulon creepily doesn't react to cockroaches crawling all over him, as if he's so focused on getting them to talk that he doesn't have time to notice that he's covered in bugs.

"If you enjoy the taste, I can get more, but only if you listen to my stor'," said Zebulon, classily cutting off a word to make iambic pentameter work. "I know that it is food that you desire, but there is a favor that I require. Will you thus help quench my curious fire?"

OOC: Using Animal Speak if that wasn't clear enough.

"Food?" one cockroach says, his voice only understandable to Zebulon.

"Food good," adds another cockroach.

Another cockroach, wearing a makeshift scarf out of part of a plastic bag for some unexplained reason, smacked the two previous cockroaches on the head with a foreleg. "He wants something first, you bug spray sniffers!" Addressing the zebra now, the scarfed cockroach says, "Tell me what you want and I'll decide if it's worth more food for Clan Cockroach."
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:42 pm

"Once the great Clan Cockroach did rule these streets when criminals and filth were far and wide," began Zebulon. "And then a vigilante came to town, and now within the gutters you do hide. But surely a clan famous as your own has seen where this vigilante abides? Tell me where and if you have seen him so I might know where I can find this pon'. If you do not, then I still have a plan - if you will be my eyes and ears and scour the city for his hiding place, well then we still can find him any way we can. Whatever food is needed I'll provide if you will help me in my time of need."

OOC: Persuasion: 14+8+1(Instant Party)+1(I can see Dextor) = 24
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:48 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"Once the great Clan Cockroach did rule these streets when criminals and filth were far and wide," began Zebulon. "And then a vigilante came to town, and now within the gutters you do hide. But surely a clan famous as your own has seen where this vigilante abides? Tell me where and if you have seen him so I might know where I can find this pon'. If you do not, then I still have a plan - if you will be my eyes and ears and scour the city for his hiding place, well then we still can find him any way we can. Whatever food is needed I'll provide if you will help me in my time of need."

OOC: Persuasion: 14+8+1(Instant Party)+1(I can see Dextor) = 24

"Heh," chuckles the scarfed roach. "You've got class, zebra. We know of the vigilante, yeah. He comes by every now and then to fight some other ponies. We've never cared why, but food has been a bit scarcer since then." The cockroach's tone takes on some venom. "He stinks of the clean, this vigilante. But yeah, we'll help you find him. But, since we'll have to venture to the clean places, some of us will likely perish. We'll be wanting a lot of food."

"I like food,"
another cockroach comments.

"Shut up."
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:49 pm

Posting before things happen! Dextor is secretly the Master Cool

Seeing the pony slam headfirst into the counter, Dextor saw his opportunity and decided to seize it. "Oh my Celestia! Are you alright?"

He rushed over to the pony lying on the floor in agony. But before he kneeled to take a closer look, he first glanced at the guest register lying between the rubble.

[14 + 7 Perception + 1 Instant Party = 22]

Last edited by Demonu on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:53 pm

"You have imbibed in my own bread and jam - it came from the orchards of Jubilee. Tomorrow I have cause to go again, and one of everything I'll get for thee," said Zebulon. "I thank you for considering this quest - you may have this as token of my thanks."

Zebulon takes some leftover hay sandwich and offers the roaches the bread, considering that they aren't fond of hay particularly.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next